RPGM Completed Survival Mission Z [Steam] [RsWorks]

4.10 star(s) 28 Votes

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
How do you progress the first area? I've sold the condom, and unlocked 1 door. Now what???
Extra areas unlock as the scenes progress, scenes progress in line with how many condoms you've found, sold and subsequently the bull has used. If you're not getting the popups in the top left while out collecting junk, you've missed a condom somewhere on the map.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Well, I decided to take a look at the Steam version of this game to see what's what, and...

First of all, the translation quality is... about the same? I'd have to dig around a bit more to be sure, but the only things that are better is that 1, they stuck with Sherry as the name at all points, so it doesn't randomly switch between Sherry and Shelly at certain points. The 2nd thing that is improved is the Sherry's Secret menu which was properly edited to look good, unlike what we had in the original fan translation.

The second thing I've noticed is that... it seems like the steam version is... a tad less optimized than the fan translation. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, exactly, but it seems to eat up a bit more resources than the original, and it has a tendency to... frame-skip? I think? Under certain circumstances. Just walk back and forth in the hotel lobby for example, left to right over and over, and pay attention, and you'll likely see what I mean. It'll be even more noticeable if you run it sandboxed or have a bunch of other things running at the same time... so on and so forth. Depends on the system.

The important thing is that this isn't happening with the original fan TL, so I don't know what they did to cause it in this version...

All that aside, the game seems to have the exact same behavior as the Fan TL, including what I assume is a bug with the Alcohol over at the top of Square Park that keeps respawning whenever you enter and leave that particular area.

That said, even without that bug, it's not particularly difficult to beat the game before Sherry does all that much with Gordon... Not gonna get into that again though. I ranted enough about that back when I originally played the Fan TL.

4.10 star(s) 28 Votes