VN Ren'Py Surviving My Family [Prologue] [Carmine Note Games]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes
May 11, 2022
Love how those new tags we were teased with a while back still aren't anywhere to be seen, but for some reason the site mods decided to make it more annoying to ignore bad games..

Carmine Note Games

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2022
Prologue and already 3gb in size? and in HS? hmm
First time making a game so still learning about optimization 922 renders in PNG learned how to compress it so got it smaller but still in PNG recently found out about webp while researching and the renders are from HS2. Hope you try it out and enjoy.
Cause the image folder is filled with uncompressed PNG images. Dev needs to do us all a favor and convert all of their images to WebP pronto...

EDIT:

Just for shits and giggles, I took the largest sized image in the game/images/prologue folder (bgsmfbedroom26.png) with a size of 4,519KB and used a online converter to create a WebP version of it. The WebP version of the same image was 392KB, or 0.086% of the original size.

View attachment 3778240
^ Original PNG at 4,519KB ^

View attachment 3778241
^ Converted WebP of same image, 392KB ^

View attachment 3778255
^ Even at 259% zoom, the WebP is hardly more noticeably artifacted than the PNG original. ^
Yep just found out about this yesterday as I was researching about compressing files already know about this and will be using webp going foward. Still new to this so appreciate the feedback. Hope you enjoyed!

Carmine Note Games

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2022
Definitely intrigued! This is one of the better looking sims style games that I've ever seen on here. At least I believe this was made using the sims, it certainly looks like it. (Or is it HS? If so it's a very unique HS game)

Anyways, good luck dev! :coffee:
Its HS2 thanks for the luck hope you enjoyed!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: SlapE

Carmine Note Games

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2022
"Will the man be able to goon...erm?"

Can someone please explain what that means?
Thank you so much.

Cheers
Goon: To masturbate, especially in an obsessive or energetic way.

My overview is written as two people reading a script for an ad the first one comes in and starts off good but gets annoyed because he just wants to goon. So, the second guy comes in and takes over the read but then makes a joke about if the first guy will be able to goon. Its just a silly ad I made. Hope you try it out and enjoy!

Reactions: Forgotted

Carmine Note Games

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2022
View attachment 3778489
Lol, with that title I thought that the Mc should survive from the family he has :HideThePain: (shouldn't it be or would it look better if it were "Surviving with my Family"?)
By the way dev, if you plan to open a Patreon account, that title is not going to help you much, maybe go directly to SS.

Leaving that aside, Dev, are kinks/fetishes going to be avoidable (they don't happen in the story according to player choice) skippable (they happen in the story but the player doesn't see the scene) forced by plot?

Thanks, good luck.
Understandable my intention with the title was a play on the phrases the MC not only will have to Survive with his family but also Survive being with his family and their antics. ;)

Yeah, I scraped the Patreon idea working on SS

Considering the girls will have different kinks that might be story related or at least personality driven(something like that) im gunna go with skippable.

Hope you check it out and enjoy!

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Understandable my intention with the title was a play on the phrases the MC not only will have to Survive with his family but also Survive being with his family and their antics. ;)

Considering the girls will have different kinks that might be story related or at least personality driven(something like that) im gunna go with skippable.

I would recommend you open a ticket and ask for ownership of the thread, that way you can modify the OP as you want, for example you can put a list of the planned tags in "Genre" and maybe some information in "Dev notes" about them, for example what you answered me (especially the part about some things just being skipped), this way you avoid many times answering questions about the same thing (although many do not read that and are still going to ask).

Anyways good luck.

Reactions: Carmine Note Games

Carmine Note Games

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2022
I would recommend you open a ticket and ask for ownership of the thread, that way you can modify the OP as you want, for example you can put a list of the planned tags in "Genre" and maybe some information in "Dev notes" about them, for example what you answered me (especially the part about some things just being skipped), this way you avoid many times answering questions about the same thing (although many do not read that and are still going to ask).

Anyways good luck.
I do own it. Thanks for the advice.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Goon: To masturbate, especially in an obsessive or energetic way.

My overview is written as two people reading a script for an ad the first one comes in and starts off good but gets annoyed because he just wants to goon. So, the second guy comes in and takes over the read but then makes a joke about if the first guy will be able to goon. Its just a silly ad I made. Hope you try it out and enjoy!

Thank you very much. I think I just was proving how old and out of touch I am... lol
Hadn't heard goon before.

Looking forward to playing.

Cheers
Best of Luck!

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Overview:
Love, Family, Survival... Wait survival? I'm trying to goon here...!
Ok... that was not the guy I needed for an ad read. Anyway, hello and welcome to!
Surviving My Family
Shit is about to hit the fan but it's ok you were trained for this right?
An outbreak has occurred and now you'll have to keep your family safe.
How will you do it? What will happen? Will the man be able to goon...erm?
Well, I haven't written that yet, but we'll get there!
For now, meet the family!
So, most of this synopsis is a meta commentary. Is there actual information about the game?

Example "Father of three must figure out the mystery of a zombie infection while keeping his family safe. But they have survived for a few days and are running low on supplies blah blah blah"

I have zero information to go on. I think people might be more interested with a bit more information. :) Good luck!

Carmine Note Games

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2022
So, most of this synopsis is a meta commentary. Is there actual information about the game?

Example "Father of three must figure out the mystery of a zombie infection while keeping his family safe. But they have survived for a few days and are running low on supplies blah blah blah"

I have zero information to go on. I think people might be more interested with a bit more information. :) Good luck!
Its a prologue next update I will give a proper overview "For now, meet the family!"

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

If the things I don't like keep happening and I can only avoid seeing them, then I'm not interested in the game.

In any case, thanks and good luck.

roxyt482

Aug 11, 2021
The prologue is promising and I will definitely watch this threat, reminds me of another abandoned game with daughters, nieces and sisters
I'm looking forward to see the next update good luck dev :giggle:

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes