Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I played this game ages ago, and there seems to be less in it now than before. Or am I just doing something wrong.

tombfall

Oct 6, 2016
I played this game ages ago, and there seems to be less in it now than before. Or am I just doing something wrong.
You're thinking about . Long story short, Patreon had problems with it so Boom handed development off to DrSmith and started making a new game. New game images has long render times so Boom is making a Patreon friendly version of RiC while he waits.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
@Boomatica - Can not save a game from the Mac version. This bug reared itself in Private Resort where it just could not save if running from a USB drive. But I tried moving this to my main drive and it did not work. You start a new game, you get past the introduction stuff, and then when you try to create a new save file, nothing happens. The saves section remains blank and no save is created, so basically no way to play the game in it's current state on Mac.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
are the cheats for money?
Hi Jadegreen,

The cheats currently in the game :
"which you can access by clicking on the plant in the players bedroom"
- Increase money by $1,000
- Increase income by $1,000
- Increase all characters affection to 100 points.
- Unlock all Spy-Cams

I have a feeling the writing in this game is well done by that post alone.
You'd be surprised!
One of my weakest points is writing the dialog.
I plan on hiring someone to re-write the dialog in game as soon as I have the funds to do so.

Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Research Into Affection [v0.0.15] [Boomatica] - Original Size: 1.60GB

Download PC (154MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fantastic work!
@ Would it be at all possible to have this linked on the main post ^^

Can we start a go fund me for this family how are three people supposed to eat this turkey or chicken leg lmao View attachment 143569
You're right... Maybe I was being a little shy with the food.
Fixed!

so any event that increases corruption on this one because i read corruption lvl up on dinner but have no idea how to increase it
Is there a walkthrough? I can't corrupt shit.
Hi xephion & Zickyjork,

All the events in game will either Increase or Decrease the characters Affection towards you depending on your choices.
The main "Corruption Event" will happen at "6PM" when the family is having dinner.
You'll only get the option to toggle this event once you have got both characters to 100 Affection points.
The event will "pop up" during the dinner event with the family only when both characters are at 100 affection points.

Any h-scenes yet ?
Currently only Peeping/spying I'm afraid.

Oh hellz yeah ... just found this tonight. I have been following you for over a year and would love to see your new game, as well as Private Community. I know Dr. Smith has taken over RiC but it has taken a while (which is understandable) and I hope to see something there as well.
Hi Mordred93,

I'm happy to hear you're following my work!
I've spoken to Dr.Smith recently and he's very eager to get get the next version of RIC finally released.
He made a post regarding his current activity on my Discord.

I can't give anyone an approximate release date as Dr.Smith would kill me but :
[He started development here --------------------------------------------------Currently here-----Release date]

so this is the third time he has made this same game?
Actually it's my 9th.
What can I say! People love it!

@Boomatica - Can not save a game from the Mac version. This bug reared itself in Private Resort where it just could not save if running from a USB drive. But I tried moving this to my main drive and it did not work. You start a new game, you get past the introduction stuff, and then when you try to create a new save file, nothing happens. The saves section remains blank and no save is created, so basically no way to play the game in it's current state on Mac.
Hi Phreakinoqski,

I've actually just made a post regarding Mac users on my patreon page.

Just to be on the safe side I've also removed the "Save plugin" I was using which edited the save menu design just in case this was the reason several users were having issues saving.
This issue is mainly due to incorrect folder permissions.

Only 1 of the 3 Mac users I was working with reported the issue with saving/permission and they're now playing / saving no problem.
So hopefully I've fixed the issue and you'll be able to save in the next version of both games.

-Boom

jadegreen

Jul 31, 2018
ok ty for the cheat info. cheat info was good but when i tried i was locked into it and couldnt exit it. i click the leave button about 10 time in a row and couldnt leave. even hitting the esc button didnt work

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017

Just to be on the safe side I've also removed the "Save plugin" I was using which edited the save menu design just in case this was the reason several users were having issues saving.
This issue is mainly due to incorrect folder permissions.

Only 1 of the 3 Mac users I was working with reported the issue with saving/permission and they're now playing / saving no problem.
So hopefully I've fixed the issue and you'll be able to save in the next version of both games.

-Boom
Awesome! Thanks @Boomatica, looking forward to the next versions with the fixes. I honestly have pretty much stopped playing all RPGM games except yours, because your work has always been a step above most others. So thanks for looking into this issue for Mac users!

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
ok ty for the cheat info. cheat info was good but when i tried i was locked into it and couldnt exit it. i click the leave button about 10 time in a row and couldnt leave. even hitting the esc button didnt work
Hi Jadegreen,
I've noticed this happen to myself recently and it's usually because you've pressed the right mouse button that hides the dialog box and pasues the event which results in nothing happening when you press any of the buttons.

If it happens again try right clicking and then pressing a button again.

Ps. I've actually changed the plugin I was using the hide dialog box which will be in the next version.
It no longer has any of the issues such as the one above.

The new default button is (H).
Also if you click on screen it'll automaticly display the dialog box again.

Awesome! Thanks @Boomatica, looking forward to the next versions with the fixes. I honestly have pretty much stopped playing all RPGM games except yours, because your work has always been a step above most others. So thanks for looking into this issue for Mac users!
Hi Phreakinowski, glad to hear you haven't given up on my work yet ^^
I just hope the next version will work for you. If not then please let me know and I'll look into it some more.

It already is ;) - that "Compressed PC Version" link at the bottom.
I should have probably looked at the main post before I made that reply... my bad.
But thanks ^^

Reactions: phreakinowski
Mar 21, 2018
I've started playing the game but some stuff doesn't really work. When asked whats your relationship with M and S, which I can already see that those initials are hints to "Mom" and "Sister," and if we say Mom and Sister, then it seems to accept that as their names for whatever reason. I mean, it'd be weird to keep calling out to S like; "Hey, Sister." "How are you Sister?" "Yes, Sister." "What's going on, Sister?" etc. etc.. So, here's an idea; have that question actually mean what is asked; "What's your relationship with ___," instead of asking that and then setting it as their name. How about you add 2 questions for both of them? One asking what is their relationship with you, and the other one asking "What is their name?"/"And her name?" That way, we can both establish what our relationship is with M & S and what they're called.

I hope you will take this under consideration. Thank you.

Reactions: Mario4don

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
I've started playing the game but some stuff doesn't really work. When asked whats your relationship with M and S, which I can already see that those initials are hints to "Mom" and "Sister," and if we say Mom and Sister, then it seems to accept that as their names for whatever reason. I mean, it'd be weird to keep calling out to S like; "Hey, Sister." "How are you Sister?" "Yes, Sister." "What's going on, Sister?" etc. etc.. So, here's an idea; have that question actually mean what is asked; "What's your relationship with ___," instead of asking that and then setting it as their name. How about you add 2 questions for both of them? One asking what is their relationship with you, and the other one asking "What is their name?"/"And her name?" That way, we can both establish what our relationship is with M & S and what they're called.

I hope you will take this under consideration. Thank you.
Hi Deathknight,
Sorry for the late reply.

I totally understand where you're coming from and thank you for your input.

Regarding the Sister:
It may be different for other countries but for mine we use "Sis".
So it would be :
"Hey, Sis." "How are you Sis?" "Yes, Sis." "What's going on, Sis?"

Same with Mom,
"Hey, mom." "How are you mom?" "Yes, mom." "What's going on, mom?"

But yes, having a real name imput as well would be nice, I'll be sure to implement it into the next version which should be out in 7-10 days.

-Boom

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You're thinking about . Long story short, Patreon had problems with it so Boom handed development off to DrSmith and started making a new game. New game images has long render times so Boom is making a Patreon friendly version of RiC while he waits.
Unfortunately for Boom, Patreon is guaranteed to have a problem with this one as well. It has a certain fetish starting with I, which is against Patreon's TOS. It will end up either getting the RIC treatment or complete cancellation, especially if the trolls get to it and report the content being in the game, which will mean Patreon actually investigates the game itself and pulls it or forces him to. I used I instead of the actual fetish term for obvious reasons because I have seen it mentioned here, not get reported, and yet the dev still gets hit, meaning they do watch any site that links to them.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Unfortunately for the Boom, Patreon is guaranteed to have a problem with this one as well. It has a certain fetish starting with I, which is against Patreon's TOS. It will end up either getting the RIC treatment or complete cancellation, especially if the trolls get to it and report the content being in the game, which will mean Patreon actually investigates the game itself and pulls it or forces him to. I used I instead of the actual fetish term for obvious reasons because I have seen it mentioned here, not get reported, and yet the dev still gets hit, meaning they do watch any site that links to them.
I'm not saying you're wrong or that Patreon might not give Boom more grief for this version, but there are dozens of games if not hundreds out there that begin with giving the player the option to define the relationship between the MC and the nPCs. This can be an "I" game if the player chooses, but it doesn't have to be. The world is full of roommates and landladies after all :). To my knowledge, none of those games have been pulled. It seems to be a simple workaround both parties are comfortable with (for now).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm not saying you're wrong or that Patreon might not give Boom more grief for this version, but there are dozens of games if not hundreds out there that begin with giving the player the option to define the relationship between the MC and the nPCs. This can be an "I" game if the player chooses, but it doesn't have to be. The world is full of roommates and landladies after all :). To my knowledge, none of those games have been pulled. It seems to be a simple workaround both parties are comfortable with (for now).
Did Boom implement that? I haven't had a chance to play yet, just commented because I saw the I word listed as in game. Devs who make it player choice seem to be safe for now, Palmer hasn't gotten grief since DFD got the choose relation function after getting hit. Having said that, the way things are going, it won't be long before even player choice isn't a safe option anymore either, IF any sexual content is safe at all by that point.

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes