J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Any walktrough? How to get to the new spa,or the train station? Thanks.
You have to play the M&S Level 1 Weekend Spa event first in order to unlock the Spa.

(The train station has no other purpose for now than to visit the spa, but in the future it will become more important to... well... travel around :p)

As for a walk through, you can click on the hints/tips icon on top anytime you want if you are stuck on M&S their route.
It's not fully implemented for the side-characters yet though, we are working on that right now and will implement that in the upcoming 0.7.1 update. (So, in about two weeks)

susanjust2009

Nov 5, 2020
Luckily, there are plenty of people that appreciate this "vanilla romance" stuff.
Sure, I'm happy for all and every one of them.
BUT
Personally I have continued to support RIA because I believed that it will get addition of RIC theme later down the path. Now I feel that I was betrayed. Maybe it was a miscommunication, maybe it was purely my mistake... but I think I might be not the only one who was investing in RIA having same motives as me.

RIA/SA is a great "vanilla romance" game, no offence. But some of your fans expected something else, when started supporting it long time ago, and I bet you knew that.

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Sure, I'm happy for all and every one of them.
BUT
Personally I have continued to support RIA because I believed that it will get addition of RIC theme later down the path. Now I feel that I was betrayed. Maybe it was a miscommunication, maybe it was purely my mistake... but I think I might be not the only one who was investing in RIA having same motives as me.

RIA/SA is a great "vanilla romance" game, no offence. But some of your fans expected something else, when started supporting it long time ago, and I bet you knew that.
Uhm, the only thing I can say is that you might want to read the entire post that you are quoting now again.

Just a small section of it below.

We are still planning to implement that down the line.
However, we decided a while ago (and communicated that to people) that the base game is going to be focused on the romantic/love route, and that we are going to add the other routes through DLC

-
We are not abandoning anything, nor are we breaking any promises.
We've been communicating since 2019 that the other endings/routes will be implemented through (Free)DLC.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
Another variant of THAT game by THAT dev? This feels like archeology... always digging up things that look kinda the stuff, you already got. Hoping to make another new find.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Another variant of THAT game by THAT dev? This feels like archeology... always digging up things that look kinda the stuff, you already got. Hoping to make another new find.
It's not another variant - This was Research Into Affection before, it just got renamed to Sweet Affection.
Still the same game.

Reasons for the name change -> Click

susanjust2009

Nov 5, 2020
We are not abandoning anything
This is really nice to hear. But it raises 2 questions.
Why is there someone starting to work on RIC/RIA, if this part is going to be implemented with DLC into SA?
How do you plan to deal with Pa...on? As far as I can see, they can be huge pain in the ass. Sure, DLC is not a part of the game, but they can argue that game was developed having restricted content in mind. I am not sure they will risk a slightest chance of being accused of providing services to developer, and how exactly they will act trying to prove not being involved in this.

tbh I don't really care anymore. I personally have seen similar pattern from few pa...on financed developers: they are happy with what they get while not crossing some guidlines, and some storylines are completely abandoned just to be compliant. RIC will neither be first, nor last game to do that. But there still are other developers, for weirdos like me :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Why is there someone starting to work on RIC/RIA, if this part is going to be implemented with DLC into SA?
How do you plan to deal with Pa...on? As far as I can see, they can be huge pain in the ass. Sure, DLC is not a part of the game, but they can argue that game was developed having restricted content in mind. I am not sure they will risk a slightest chance of being accused of providing services to developer, and how exactly they will act trying to prove not being involved in this.

tbh I don't really care anymore. I personally have seen similar pattern from few pa...on financed developers: they are happy with what they get while not crossing some guidlines, and some storylines are completely abandoned just to be compliant. RIC will neither be first, nor last game to do that. But there still are other developers, for weirdos like me :)
RIC is another game that was abandoned by boom due to Patreon and was continued by another dev that was friends with Boom, that is unable atm to develop game due to health issues I thought. Boom started two new games after, one put on hold due to taking care of a family member and the other Research into Affection/Sweet Affection.

For the latest this was always meant to be more of a romantic base game and Boom got help from a second person who took on a bigger role in the development of the game, when Boom had to take care of a family member. No plans have been changed for RIA, just some content some want will only be developed when the main game is done and supplied as DLC which already was the plan for quite a while and communicated as such.

Are there risks for those that want that content, sure Patreon might have same objections as with RIC, things may happen in life of devs that will make it impossible to finish game, but that are risks that are there with any long term project unfortunately.

Reactions: BloodyFace and J..D

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019

A couple things.
1. BA Games has nothing to do with RiC.
That game had to be abandoned almost 3 years ago for reasons that we already mentioned plenty of times.
After that it got picked up by multiple developers and it's now their project (but I believe it hasn't seen an update in quite a while)
Sweet Affection has nothing to do with RIC, period.

2. There is no RiA and SA. They are the same.
We simply changed the name from Research Into Affection into Sweet Affection because of reasons we also mentioned a
couple times now already.

3. Patreon has nothing to do with this change at all, they didn't force us neither was it a reason for us.
Not for the content that is currently in the game, nor for the content we have planned for the future.

4. I think anyone who plays this game knows that we don't restrict a thing, nor are we holding anything back.
If we were, we wouldn't be making pretty substantial updates every single months and keep on adding more and more
characters/locations/mechanics.

5. We are not happy with what we have.
Now, let me explain that for a second.

Yes, we are happy with what we are doing currently in this project.
We are proud of the events we create each month, the characters that we bring to life, and every single letter that we write.
And even more, we are extremely proud that there are so many people that support us, and enjoy our project for what it is.

But we are not satisfied until the game is 100% done.
We are not hanging back and just think "Meh, it's good like this... let's just go with the flow"
We push ourselves each month to give you guys as much as possible, and we will continue to do that until the game is done and we implemented everything that we've promised.

Now, is that something we are able to do in a week or a month's time... of course not.
You have to be realistic and see that it's going to take some time.
But you have to realize that there is one person creating all these events and writing them, so... there is only so much progress we can have.

But nothing is going to be abandoned, nothing.
Not the game, not the story-lines or any characters.

But I don't expect you to believe me by my words, because I also know that this industry is filled with empty promises.
Hopefully we as a team can show you, and everyone else for that matter that isn't sure, that we mean it :)

Last edited:

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
We are still planning to implement that down the line.
However, we decided a while ago (and communicated that to people) that the base game is going to be focused on the romantic/love route, and that we are going to add the other routes through DLC.

So every other ending route is 100% avoidable (Meaning, if you don't download and install that certain patch, you won't see it at all)
However, that won't happen until we are completely done with the base game, meaning... not for a while.
Glad to see that will still be an option in the future.
I enjoy the game and it's present course but i wouldn't mind a bit more nastiness either

Reactions: BloodyFace

Johnny1507

Nov 12, 2017
Some time ago I played a game called Research into Affection (v 0.6.1).
Has the name of the game changed?
Is the changelog the same for both games (the other and Sweet Affection)?

I was rummaging through the forum and came across one called "Research into Corruption". I understand that it was a mod and it was not the original game, right?

Thanks!

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Some time ago I played a game called Research into Affection (v 0.6.1).
Has the name of the game changed?
Is the changelog the same for both games (the other and Sweet Affection)?

I was rummaging through the forum and came across one called "Research into Corruption". I understand that it was a mod and it was not the original game, right?

Thanks!
This was "Research Into Affection" before the name got changed to "Sweet Affection".
Other than that, nothing else has changed.

Here's the reasoning for the name change:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Johnny1507

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
what is the difference between compressed and normal?
The quality of the pictures and videos is noticeably lower in the compressed version compared to the normal one.

Especially on a monitor with a higher resolution.
Like 1440p and above, but you already see a quality drop on a 1080p monitor as well.

Reactions: tohaib
3.20 star(s) 108 Votes