J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
And for the completionist players ?
You can say whatever you want, your optional route will be related to the game. It's not because you won't play it that it means it doesn't exist.
You could have just put a definitive ending with the love and bimbo route (why not) but no.
Do you really think the players who hates NTR will just do like nothing happened ?

Seriously...
Old Post, content no longer actual.

Last edited:

Arassei

May 28, 2019
The way I see it, the "true end" is the love route and then you have the dlcs that are more like what if scenarios. As someone who hates NTR I don't see a problem with that. Just don't download that dlc and you will be fine.
Well, if it's really a " non-canonical bad ending " (like in Power Vacuum), just a " bonus" who doesn't happen in the game, then I won't have a problem either.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well, if it's really a " non-canonical bad ending " (like in Power Vacuum), just a " bonus" who doesn't happen in the game, then I won't have a problem either.
From what J..D said, you basically decide what is canon, if you're not into the ntr stuff or any other routes, you just have to not download them and that content will never be present in your game. In Power Vacuum like you mentioned, the ntr stuff is already in the game, you can turn it off and it's not canon but it's still in the game. In this case that content will not even be present unless you make the decision to add it.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
If you don't download any dlc, the entire game will be purely focused on the love route as already explained.

If you download dlc, it doesn't just create an ending, it creates an entire different game, it's a complete overhaul.
It's YOUR choice in the end, if you don't want to see anything else, then don't download the dlc and your game will be as it is now... sweet and loving.

No achievements, no gallery, no nothing will be even mentioned in the game regarding the other routes.

You are making a problem out of something that you yourself are completely in control of.
It's not like as in other games that it's optional and in the game.
It's completely avoidable by not downloading that.

I mean no disrespect, we all have fetishes that we hate, me too.
That's why we decided to make everything like this, completely avoidable.
The last thing we want to do is force content down someome's throat.
From what J..D said, you basically decide what is canon, if you're not into the ntr stuff or any other routes, you just have to not download them and that content will never be present in your game. In Power Vacuum like you mentioned, the ntr stuff is already in the game, you can turn it off and it's not canon but it's still in the game. In this case that content will not even be present unless you make the decision to add it.
Maybe you don't understand my point. Maybe it's my fault, english is not my first language so...
I mentioned Power Vacuum because even if NTR is in the game, and even if if you choose to see it (or you are "forced" to see it one time because you are a completionist player) it won't affect you because it doesn't really happened in the game : the game put you in your previous choice after you saw the NTR moment. For me, that's is the best thing to do.

The way I see it for Sweet Affection, it will be something that can "really" happen in the game.
I mean, the game won't tell you something like : " It can't happening because blablabla it's just MC's bad dream " etc

Even if it's a DLC and all, the player who want to see everything related to the game won't have the choice.
And if this player hates NTR, either he won't download the dlc but the game will appear as " incomplete" to him and he will delete the game, or he will download it, see the NTR content, be disgusted, and deleted the game.

After that, you have the impression the Dev gives you. Even if the game is " not really good ", you can still support him if you think his vision is the same as yours. When you name your game " Research into affection ", and later " Sweet affection ", normally, you think that this dev won't do something "harsh" (like slave or NTR).
The way the MC corrupt his family is also sweet, no mind break, no mind control, no hypnosis, no rape, no blackmail, etc...
You almost think about something like " my new family "
That's how I see the dev.
I can't help but thinking his wish to add NTR to this sweet story is abnormal (Yes, even if it's a dlc)

Of course, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe, at the end of the dlc, the MC will wake up in is bed and say "Ooooh shit, that was just a dream ! I knew my mom, sis and grandma wouldn't betray me like a bunch of sluts who would ruined their character build forever ! "
And I would be like : " Haha ! That was a good one ! " instead of " How to destroy a game with one update, it reminds me the christmas event of Unlimited Pleasure "

I guess the best thing to do is waiting to see how the dev will bring that, but I'm not very confident.

The other game I didn't remember is " Private Community ".

fhenrir

Feb 12, 2018
I remember this game having more content than that with the family, did we do a step back again? Also I can't seem to be able to level up the teacher

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
I remember this game having more content than that with the family, did we do a step back again? Also I can't seem to be able to level up the teacher
What do you mean exactly?

There's the Spa with 2 side characters and content - The Neighbors, also 2 characters with content - The College - The Office and the Boutique

This month also brings new side character content alongside M&S content.

-

To be able to level up Miss Tyler, you're going to need to...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Maybe you don't understand my point. Maybe it's my fault, english is not my first language so...
I mentioned Power Vacuum because even if NTR is in the game, and even if if you choose to see it (or you are "forced" to see it one time because you are a completionist player) it won't affect you because it doesn't really happened in the game : the game put you in your previous choice after you saw the NTR moment. For me, that's is the best thing to do.

The way I see it for Sweet Affection, it will be something that can "really" happen in the game.
I mean, the game won't tell you something like : " It can't happening because blablabla it's just MC's bad dream " etc

Even if it's a DLC and all, the player who want to see everything related to the game won't have the choice.
And if this player hates NTR, either he won't download the dlc but the game will appear as " incomplete" to him and he will delete the game, or he will download it, see the NTR content, be disgusted, and deleted the game.

After that, you have the impression the Dev gives you. Even if the game is " not really good ", you can still support him if you think his vision is the same as yours. When you name your game " Research into affection ", and later " Sweet affection ", normally, you think that this dev won't do something "harsh" (like slave or NTR).
The way the MC corrupt his family is also sweet, no mind break, no mind control, no hypnosis, no rape, no blackmail, etc...
I can't help but thinking his wish to add NTR to this sweet story is abnormal (Yes, even if it's a dlc)

Of course, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe, at the end of the dlc, the MC will wake up in is bed and say "Ooooh shit, that was just a dream ! I knew my mom, sis and grandma wouldn't betray me like a bunch of sluts who would ruined their character build forever ! "
And I would be like : " Haha ! That was a good one ! " instead of " How to destroy a game with one update, it reminds me the christmas event of Unlimited Pleasure "

I guess the best thing to do is waiting to see how the dev will bring that, but I'm not very confident.

I think that there is a big difference between forced NTR (even if it only once) and DLC that you Have to choose to download.

When SA/RIA is done with the main story - you have the complete Sweet story of how the MC, M & S fell in love. There is no other story - no other ending.

If you are someone who wants to enjoy every parallel universe (all DLC) where these characters exist, then you can download and play these different story lines but no one is forcing you to do this - there is No forced NTR/blackmail etc.

Perhaps Boom and the team will let each DLC change the name so that none of the DLC are named SA - they each get a different name in the SA/RIA multiverse.

I'm guessing that we are several years from the end of SA/RIA so treating this information as a show stopper now just does not make sense to me.

It's like saying - eventually I'm going to die of old age so why bother living now.

Good Luck with your choice.

Zero_Blazer

Jun 12, 2018

From your signature, I can tell you are extremely opposed to NTR, but...to be honest, that doesn't really matter. That's like saying "any game with a morality system should remove the evil side because I don't like being evil, but if I want to get all the content I have to be evil and that doesn't satisfy my needs, so you should just remove the evil route."

It's okay to not like certain content. There are a good handful of games on this site that I enjoyed for the most part, but contained fetishes I really dislike, such as ADBL, but I'm not going to tell anyone they are not allowed to add it in their game just because I don't like it, even if it's not "lore-friendly". It's the whole reason why some games have content tags that you can select in their game, so you can choose an experience that fits your preferences (which an optional NTR route basically is).

If you are someone who really needs to take in the whole experience and feel incomplete not being able to do so, then honestly just skip the game. When the fetish that you don't like requires you to actively pursue it and doesn't impose itself on you, then it's optional and to most people, is not an issue. In fact, it would do more to attract people who may have the exact opposite opinion as you, and did not enjoy the love-centric story and needed some NTR to spice it up.

tl;dr if the fetish is optional, it really isn't that big of a deal.

Reactions: darkdepths and J..D

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
And for the completionist players ?
You can say whatever you want, your optional route will be related to the game. It's not because you won't play it that it means it doesn't exist.
You could have just put a definitive ending with the love and bimbo route (why not) but no.
Do you really think the players who hates NTR will just do like nothing happened ?

Seriously...
I'm only going to reply to this comment as it has me very... concerned.
"Plus, the others have already been replied to"

Are you saying that, if someone with Honesy Select Studio got hold of our character sheets + saves
Then created a bunch of NTR pictures, even went as far as to create a mod for the game.

You'd then "As a completionist" be forced into downloading it?
"making it cannon"

I mean, I know it wouldn't be released by us, but from your logic, it would be "related" to the game?
Which in tern : "It's not because you won't play it that it means it doesn't exist."

This would then ruin the game for you and everyone that hates NTR ?

Please don't think I'm trying to instult you by this comment in anyway shape or form,
I'm simply trying better understand the logic behind what you're trying to say.

And if anyone else feels like this, please quote this message and let me know!
As this is something I've never come across before.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: acondo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What do you mean exactly?

There's the Spa with 2 side characters and content - The Neighbors, also 2 characters with content - The College - The Office and the Boutique

This month also brings new side character content alongside M&S content.

-

To be able to level up Miss Tyler, you're going to need to...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah there was no backtracking as far as I could see, just quite a few characters still to be introduced I guess with occupants coffeeshop, gas station, M's sister and Tess and possibly more. Also there was some hint Mia and Sam might become romanceable characters or just a little side part of Sis events and same could be possible with Bisa and Ruz later on I suspect and best friend of Spa owner. So plenty to look forward to and loads of work for JD. :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Are you saying that, if someone with Honesy Select Studio got hold of our character sheets + saves
Then created a bunch of NTR pictures, even went as far as to create a mod for the game.

I mean, I know it wouldn't be released by us, but from your logic, it would be "related" to the game?
Which in tern : "It's not because you won't play it that it means it doesn't exist."

Please don't think I'm trying to instult you by this comment in anyway shape or form,

Well I definitely do not go that far, it being a separate DLC, having its own male characters and so on is more as plenty to distance it enough for me from main game.

Only small advice I might give is that it might be wise to give the NTR DLC its own separate thread when the time is there. Players that like that content also become enthusiastic and then share what happens in their game in the thread. Not all that only played the romantic game might be happy to run into that, so might be wise to give them their own thread for that enthusiasm and love.

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I can understand why people don't like the idea of having a dlc with ntr. It's hard for me aswell to imagine M&S in that type of scenario. But even though I am not a fan of it and have no intention of playing that dlc, I really don't like when people try to censor the devs, especially when it's something that is optional. Devs already have to censor themselves a lot in order to not break patreon's dumb rules.

Arassei

May 28, 2019

Heya,

No, that's different. A mod or some fan-art pictures doesn't count.
Or that would means, for exemple, if you like a manga, then you will have to watch all the doujin parody about it. No, of course not.
I just wanted to say about the things related to the game by the devs themselves, that could be inserted in the game.
What the devs thinks, what are their intention about their creation, what are their final objectives, why they want to modify the sweet atmosphere of the game by adding theses fetishes, Am I sharing the same vision as them.
Arrh, it's not something you can't tell in details, it's just a " whole " thing.

But, meh...
The debate here is sterile. The others just say "if you don't like it, don't download, it's a dlc, no obligation, it's optional, it's avoidable, and it will come in a few years, you still have time, kekeke".
I said what I wanted to say. Now, honestly, it's "wait and see".
If I like it, I will keep it, if I don't like, I won't keep it. The solutions are simple.
Well, if I don't keep it, it will piss me off, because I know the game for quite a while.

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Heya,

Or that would means, for exemple, if you like a manga, then you will have to watch all the doujin parody about it. No, of course not.
I just wanted to say about the things related to the game by the devs themselves, that could be inserted in the game.
What the devs thinks, what are their intention about their creation, what are their final objectives, why they want to modify the sweet atmosphere of the game by adding theses fetishes, Am I sharing the same vision as them.
Arrh, it's not something you can't tell in details, it's just a " whole " thing.

But, meh...
The debate here is sterile. The others just say "if you don't like it, don't download, it's a dlc, no obligation, it's optional, it's avoidable, and it will come in a few years, you still have time, kekeke".
If I like it, I will keep it, if I don't like, I won't keep it. The solutions are simple.
Well, if I don't keep it, it will piss me off, because I know the game for quite a while.
I mean there isn't really much else we can say, the atmosphere of the game as you said only changes if you decide to add those dlcs to your game. In one of your previous posts you mentioned the game power vacuum so I am assuming you also play that. It that game you have ntr in the game it's not canon, but by your logic if you're a completionist you have to see those scenes because they already are part of the game. I this case those things will only be part of your game if you want them to be. Trust me, I hate ntr, but I have a hard time seeing the problem with having optional dlcs.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
I mean there isn't really much else we can say, the atmosphere of the game as you said only changes if you decide to add those dlcs to your game. In one of your previous posts you mentioned the game power vacuum so I am assuming you also play that. It that game you have ntr in the game it's not canon, but by your logic if you're a completionist you have to see those scenes because they already are part of the game. I this case those things will only be part of your game if you want them to be. Trust me, I hate ntr, but I have a hard time seeing the problem with having optional dlcs.
There isn't really much else you can say, that's true, but you can start by not saying that I'm trying to censor the devs. It will be appreciated.

Yes, I watch the NTR scenes in Power Vacuum, and there are even the firsts that I watch. I can watch them without feeling uneasy because these scenes don't really happen, as I already said, it's like a "bonus". You can't progress in the game if you choose them, and it lead you to a bad ending.
Like in Milfy City, you can find pictures and see them on MC's computer. You can see your girls being fucked by giant black dicks, but it didn't happened in the "universe" of the game. It's just a bonus.

I think you are focused on the term "dlc', it makes you think (and the devs too) that it will not be a part of the game, because you will have to download it aside. But for me, it's the same. It's a part of the game, made by the devs who want to make it.

It's like the game "The Evil Within", Sweet Affection is the "main game" where you're playing with Sebastian, and the "dlc-ntr" and "dlc-slaves" are the dlc " The Assigment" and "The Consequences" where you're playing with Juli Kidman.
You can "choose" not to play them, but there are still exist and are a part of the game.
If you want to apply this exemple to Power Vacuum, then the" non-canonical bad ending ntr" is like if you choose to throw Sebastian into Laura and watch her crush your head until you die.
You can "choose" to do it if you want, but it's not a part of the story, because if you let Laura kill you, you die, and the game is "over", it won't " continue", and you will have to not let her kill you if you want to see the story. Let her kill you is a "bonus" you can watch, but it "can't" happen in the game, or you'll die.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Well I definitely do not go that far, it being a separate DLC, having its own male characters and so on is more as plenty to distance it enough for me from main game.

Only small advice I might give is that it might be wise to give the NTR DLC its own separate thread when the time is there. Players that like that content also become enthusiastic and then share what happens in their game in the thread. Not all that only played the romantic game might be happy to run into that, so might be wise to give them their own thread for that enthusiasm and love.
I can understand why people don't like the idea of having a dlc with ntr. It's hard for me aswell to imagine M&S in that type of scenario. But even though I am not a fan of it and have no intention of playing that dlc, I really don't like when people try to censor the devs, especially when it's something that is optional. Devs already have to censor themselves a lot in order to not break patreon's dumb rules.
Thank you both for the replies + Insight.

Just to make it very clear, these "optional DLC" we had in mind, are just "possible" ideas!​
Several users / supporters asked us if we planned to implement certain content and if not, would we be willing to do so.​
" We do not shame anyones "kinks" so we take all suggestions and have a "white bored" so to speak full of them "​
After thinking it through, we decided that some of these "kinks" would not fit the game or storyline we had in mind.​
However if there was enough people that requested it / wanted said "kinks", that we would consider looking into a way of adding them into the game once we had finished it, without it affecting the game/storyline that we intend to create.​

Our vision of the game : Love/Affection/Family

Hence the idea of the "possible DLC" after the Main-Game/Storyline was finished.​
As doing it this way, we can create the game/story & ending that we hand it mind.​
But allow the option for those that wanted certain "kinks" to have the option to add them if they wished to.​
While keeping said "kinks" away from those that do not.​
" Maybe DLC is the wrong word... maybe "Mod/Overhaul" would be a better discription "​
These Possible DLC "Mod's/Overhaul" will not be "cannon" to the game in anyway shape or form.​
They'll replace the storyline in the game and a majority of the events to better refect the "kink" said "DLC" is aimed at.​
In tern, basically transforming the game into another.​
If/when that time comes, we'll be sure to create other threads for said "DLC/Mod/Overhaul" so that there is no confusion.​
As in itself, the storyline/events will be very, very different from this one.​

Heya,

But, meh...
Hi Arassei, thanks for the reply.

Ah okay, yeah that's what I thought and what had me concered, as that would ruin so much stuff for a lot of people!
Maybe I was just having a stupid moment, but from the way I read your message I thought you were trying to say just that and maybe this was something I had just never come across before.

Our goal for this game is a : Love/Affection/Family route.
Once it is finished, this will be the only Real "cannon" Ending to this game and the only ending you'll ever see without downloading anything else "DLC,Mod,Overhaul" wise.

The reason we're thinking about other possible endings "DLC" is simply due to user/supporter request.
All the while keeping in mind our own vision of the game and those that do not wish to see other "kinks / fetishes"

The only way we could think of adding these requested "fetishes" without it affecting / changing the original game/storyline we had in mind is to create it as a DLC once the game is finished.

This way it's 100% optional whether they see it or not.
If these "DLC's" are not downloaded/install then there is 0 reference or hint towards them in the original version of the game.

The best example I can give is : The toilet content in the game currently.
If you don't want to see a character peeing, then don't click on said character while they're in there.

Said events don't add anything to the storyline, it's just an extra fetish / option for people to see.
The only reason this "fetish" is in the game is because.. well, people pee... it's a mandatory reaction that has to take place.
"And we needed events to take up time slots"

Obviously other kinks / fetish will have an affect on the storyline / character perspective, hence why they will not be in the game but an "add optional" DLC once the game is finished.

Fair enough, But honestly, thank you for sharing your opinion.
Yes, not everyone is going to agree with you, nor is everyone going to agree with us and the choices we make.
You/We can't make everyone happy, that is life!

The best we can do is compromise and hope that the decision we decide to make will suit both sides.

Last edited:

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Just a quick message from me :)

I decided that I'm no longer going to be very active on this thread/site for the time being.
Helping people, guiding people through the events and seeing the kind, sweet messages and even the constructive advice... that's something I really love reading and doing.

But, as some of you have probably noticed by now.
The other part of being active on a thread/site like this, and an adult thread/site in special... well, I'm just not really cut out for that :rolleyes:.

So, if I don't respond to any tags in the future or DM'S regarding this game... it is nothing personal and I'm not ignoring you, I'm just no longer active on this website.

If you have any questions, or want to talk with me and/or our team, or anything else... please feel free to join our discord channel or you can always contact me through DM on discord.

Or for any questions regarding Sweet Affection that you might have, you can always tag BloodyFace
He is a part of our team now as we hired him to help us with the social media aspect of our team.
(And he's been doing one hell of a job on this thread already :))

And I'm sure that Boom's Attic Games himself will pop in every now and then as well to answer your questions :):giggle:

thundersan86

Aug 1, 2019
Hello there!

A lot of animosity going on! Geez...

Anyway, how do you level up to LVL7? I thought it would be during dinner but the event, if it exists, doesn't trigger for me. Girls are affection 100 on LVL6.

Thank you!

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes