J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I'm sorry but you completely missed my point.

Most of your backers/fans love small talk, etc? That's fine, I didn't ask you to remove or change them.

What I'm trying to tell is that I like both the story and the characters (I wouldn't support the game otherwise...) but the dialogues tend to be too much on the repetitive/overly descriptive side. In other words, they bore all of those who don't like to read about such arguments to death. I'm not the only one that noticed that, If I were alone in this I would just keep skipping and be done with that. But the fact there are several people here complaining about the same thing should be an important signal of what might be "wrong" in your game.
Have you considered the possibility you might have much more backers if this game hadn't such a problem? Dialogues can be a huge selling factor for games like this...

I came up with a possible solution that would get rid of such a grave, yet trivial, problem that would require very little work on your side and that wouldn't deprive in any way your game of your original vision.
At this point you can keep telling yourself everything is good, the game is perfect as it is and just ignore my suggestion. It is within your rights to do so, but would it be the best decision? I think not, for the sake of your game.
I've never said that everything is perfect, in fact I already mentioned a couple times that our plan for 2021 is to go through all the old dialogue and see if we can streamline it a little bit. (while we keep on updating the game monthly of course).

We know that some things can be done better, and I accept that.
However, this development is as much as a journey for us as a team, as it is for the characters in the game.
We learn things, we improve on things, etc.

I didn't mean my comment towards you as a negative one or with any disrespect, and I apologize if it sounded like that.
Guess I'm just a little bit tired of people saying "there is a lot of text in this game" when we mention multiple times that that is the case. (only on this site of course)

I can't promise that we'll do something that you are suggesting, but I can, and will promise that going through all the dialogue in the game, and making it more streamlined is something very high on our priority list.
You have to understand that when you put a lot of time into something like this, that you don't want people to hate on it, that's the last thing you want.
So I will do everything in my power this year to make it a little bit better, but... this will always remain a text-heavy experience.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think the feeling might come from the "late" introduction of named characters.

A new player, who can immediately play their content might experience it in another way.
In the end, MC stays true to himself and the overall color of the game.

I don't know what's coming in the future - that's all in J..D's head 'tho.

But I can assure you that the characters' backstories are not like that just because he got bored by the "sweet and happy" stuff.
Well I think one worry for some is that when we get more of those backstories, it will only become even darker for a while even if in the end it will be about healing and sweet stuff with MC. Not everyone will be able to get through those earlier darker parts with them if becomes too graphic though. Especially if their own personal past includes similar stuff or experience with it with loved ones. Devs can underestimate how such storylines even if end up well can impact players that chose a sweet story for a reason in the first place. :)

Second worry is that those lines and male characters are introduced already for the later NTR DLC, which would make it indeed real hardcore NTR. For me I can not see how anyone could have fun letting any of those guys introduced by now even close to M and S including Sylvie's brother to name another char from early on, let alone allow them to turn M and S into their sex slaves unless you have no heart at all :p, even if you would like other dicks in game. :p Luckily there is no obligation to ever download that DLC anyway. Danger is though that with those backstories and those male characters already being in game, the game might get too much of a NTR and dark vibe and avoiding that happening while playing the affectionate game.

Overall enjoying the game very much until now myself. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: J..D

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Well I think one worry for some is that when we get more of those backstories, it will only become even darker for a while even if in the end it will be about healing and sweet stuff with MC. Not everyone will be able to get through those earlier darker parts with them if becomes too graphic though. Especially if their own personal past includes similar stuff or experience with it with loved ones. Devs can underestimate how such storylines even if end up well can impact players that chose a sweet story for a reason in the first place. :)

Second worry is that those lines and male characters are introduced already for the later NTR DLC, which would make it indeed real hardcore NTR. For me I can not see how anyone could have fun letting any of those guys introduced by now even close to M and S including Sylvie's brother to name another char from early on, let alone allow them to turn M and S into their sex slaves unless you have no heart at all :p, even if you would like other dicks in game. :p Luckily there is no obligation to ever download that DLC anyway. Danger is though that with those backstories and those male characters already being in game, the game might get too much of a NTR and dark vibe and avoiding that happening while playing the affectionate game.

Overall enjoying the game very much until now myself. :)
I'll only respond to the second part because obviously I can't say too much about what I'm planning in regards of story lines and the other characters.
The only thing I will say is just to look at the title of the game now :)

As for the second part.
All the characters that have been introduced, have been introduced right now for this story and this path.
No characters have been introduced thinking about the DLC or anything like that.
As told before, right now our focus is 100% on completing the love path, and that's it.
So, don't worry about that :)
There won't even be a hint of NTR or slavery in the base game. :)
Sweet affection.... sweetness and romance :):geek:

When we come to the DLC when this journey is done (and that's going to take a while), we will do a complete overhaul for another experience... so, not just writing a new ending... no... we'll be doing a complete overhaul so everything makes sense.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'll only respond to the second part because obviously I can't say too much about what I'm planning in regards of story lines and the other characters.
The only thing I will say is just to look at the title of the game now :)

As for the second part.
All the characters that have been introduced, have been introduced right now for this story and this path.
No characters have been introduced thinking about the DLC or anything like that.
As told before, right now our focus is 100% on completing the love path, and that's it.
So, don't worry about that :)
There won't even be a hint of NTR or slavery in the base game. :)
Sweet affection.... sweetness and romance :):geek:

When we come to the DLC when this journey is done (and that's going to take a while), we will do a complete overhaul for another experience... so, not just writing a new ending... no... we'll be doing a complete overhaul so everything makes sense.
Good to hear that. :) Especially since those other males already introduced do feel a bit as clear and present dangers and to be honest even if our MC seems to be a great, sweet and special guy that will do his best to help and protect all those girls. He does not really seems to have the tools or connections to do so and really scare those guys away even or make them give up, even if would be able to pay them off. :) I would more expect him to die or get seriously hurt in reality if he would try. :p

Edit: You know someone like that guy in the Raven storyline is not interested in the 25K, but in what she can earn him over a longer time and possibly also his rep that girls can not run away. That is even discounting he may well be someone that does enjoy the suffering he causes and breaking them. So not likely to give up ever, unless he will feel the price and danger is really too high. Just one example, at least two others males give of similar vibes.

Last edited:

Gerardo Nardo

Oct 14, 2017
If you have played everything up to level 7 before, you can just start a new game.

When you're on the map, you can press ESC and go to cheats - There you can set your level up to level 7.
Unlock all items for previous levels, the gallery and the diary pages.

I've made a brief explanation what to do -> here.
yeah realized after a bit of tinkering with menues etc. all good ta.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #5 for update 0.7.1
#sneak-peeks
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Roadmap for update 0.7.1
on Patreon

Release dates:
Tier 3: Official release will be the last day of the month. (31st/30th - 0.7.1 on February 28th)
"Early" releases are meant as a bonus for Tier 3+ supporters and don't count as official release day.

Tier 2: 7 days after official release - 7th of the following month. (0.7.1 on March 7th)

Tier 1/Public: 14 days after official release - 14th of the following month. (0.7.1 on March 14th)​

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
From what has been said, it seems like the dlcs will be focused on NTR and stuff like that. Not really a fan of that stuff so I guess I will just stick with the base game. I don't mind if characters have sad or dark pasts, but when games focus too much on that stuff it's just not for me. Real life is already too depressing I don't need that stuff in my adult games aswell.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
From what has been said, it seems like the dlcs will be focused on NTR and stuff like that. Not really a fan of that stuff so I guess I will just stick with the base game. I don't mind if characters have sad or dark pasts, but when games focus too much on that stuff it's just not for me. Real life is already too depressing I don't need that stuff in my adult games aswell.
my impression was that it was just one route that would feature sharing/NTR the others routes that were initially listed way back when were:
Love - which is the standard game
Bimbo - which is like sluttier but they still only have sex with you
Slave - which i guess was BDSM focused but again i think still just with MC
and Pimp which is the prostitutions/free use stuff
I really enjoy this game and like the lovey dovey stuff but i also like a little nastiness thrown in there too so wouldn't mind some additional content that adds that to the game. But i'm sure this is all subject to change anyway

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm sorry but you completely missed my point.

Most of your backers/fans love small talk, etc? That's fine, I didn't ask you to remove or change them.

What I'm trying to tell is that I like both the story and the characters (I wouldn't support the game otherwise...) but the dialogues tend to be too much on the repetitive/overly descriptive side. In other words, they bore all of those who don't like to read about such arguments to death. I'm not the only one that noticed that, If I were alone in this I would just keep skipping and be done with that. But the fact there are several people here complaining about the same thing should be an important signal of what might be "wrong" in your game.
Have you considered the possibility you might have much more backers if this game hadn't such a problem? Dialogues can be a huge selling factor for games like this...

I came up with a possible solution that would get rid of such a grave, yet trivial, problem that would require very little work on your side and that wouldn't deprive in any way your game of your original vision.
At this point you can keep telling yourself everything is good, the game is perfect as it is and just ignore my suggestion. It is within your rights to do so, but would it be the best decision? I think not, for the sake of your game.
I understand the point you are trying to make.

As a Patreon supporting this VN for more than a year, I'll simply disagree with you.

You've mentioned that more people might support SA/RIA if there was less verbiage.

There have been very little in the way of complaining about this on the Patreon page - so the people who actually have skin in the game support Boom and the team, with the VN told in this way.

If someone does not like the number of 'giggles' or 'chuckles' or 'Amazing' when Honey Select does not readily lend itself to showing these emotions, then they can spacebar through it.

I recommend that those who would like to recommend changes like this become Patreons and see how your message is received by those already supporting this VN with their $.

If the message does not resonate with a significant number of Patreons, then making these changes would simply be the tail wagging the dog - time less well spent than it could be.

Plenty of people talk about supporting VNs on F95 but talk is, as the old saying goes, - cheap.

As a Patreon, I'd rather see the developer's time go into more diary entries (for the dates and spa time, for example, - so yes, more text and more of what M&S are feeling about the situation), more/deeper scenes (we have not ever used the beach, for example), and more/improved animations.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
my impression was that it was just one route that would feature sharing/NTR the others routes that were initially listed way back when were:
Love - which is the standard game
Bimbo - which is like sluttier but they still only have sex with you
Slave - which i guess was BDSM focused but again i think still just with MC
and Pimp which is the prostitutions/free use stuff
I really enjoy this game and like the lovey dovey stuff but i also like a little nastiness thrown in there too so wouldn't mind some additional content that adds that to the game. But i'm sure this is all subject to change anyway
If those are still the plans, I probably wouldn't mind playing the bimbo route. I don't really see myself liking the slave route and the pimp route is out of question. For me NTR/prostitution, represents the exact opposite of what made me fall in love with this game. That is why I don't have any interest in playing routes that have that content.

Reactions: nameisfake and J..D

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
If those are still the plans, I probably wouldn't mind playing the bimbo route. I don't really see myself liking the slave route and the pimp route is out of question. For me NTR/prostitution, represents the exact opposite of what made me fall in love with this game. That is why I don't have any interest in playing routes that have that content.
This is what's officially stated on Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have no further information about that topic yet.
But by the looks of it there will only be one sharing route with optional NTR.

The entire build list is posted
(Contains content spoilers - Please don't click this if you don't want to know what's going to be added in the future)

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
compressed is still 2gb?
Uncompressed is ~10GB - There's only so much you can do without breaking everything.

But with 0.7.1 BA-Games switches over to patch releases. (PC/Linux/Mac)
Means, it won't be necessary to download the entire release each and every month. :)

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
You've mentioned that more people might support SA/RIA if there was less verbiage.
No.
I said that more people would support SA if it offered the possibility to shorten the dialogues.
There have been very little in the way of complaining about this on the Patreon page - so the people who actually have skin in the game support Boom and the team, with the VN told in this way.
I'm a supporter (for more than a year) but I never complained about this on their Patreon. So what? I caught the chance as soon as the argument arose on this forum and I decided to have my say on it.
I recommend that those who would like to recommend changes like this become Patreons and see how your message is received by those already supporting this VN with their $.
If the message does not resonate with a significant number of Patreons, then making these changes would simply be the tail wagging the dog - time less well spent than it could be.
That would mean gather all the patrons to ask the devs to completely change their game. Again, that's not what I asked for in my post
Plenty of people talk about supporting VNs on F95 but talk is, as the old saying goes, - cheap.
Not going to comment about that.

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
Love / Family would be the one I play,
Bimbo route just when it's not too extreme with the costumes, etc.
Slave Route 20% Chance I would play if it's not too much / goes into the disgusting
Pimp/ NTR nope, just nope. Burn it with fire this route. Completely unnecessary, it's for the trash bin...

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
And that's why we are focusing on the most purest route first.
Love, love and more love.
And all those other endings, well... there won't be any trace of them in the base game.

Not because it's the easiest route, writing wise and creating wise... writing believable/realistic romance combined, well... it"s easier to just go the corruption route

I'm personally a big fan of romance (I know, crazy, right? Who could have known that after implementing dozens of romantic events xD) and love writing romantic stuff.

So that we decided to focus on the pure love route first has three reasons in the end.
1. My personal preference.
2. We don't want to force extreme themes onto players.
3. It doesn't fit the current narrative.

But I do want to make clear to people that they shouldn't be expecting the other routes (DLC) any time soon.
We are still 6/7 levels out for M&S, and all the side characters their routes have barely began.
The complete focus is on love, with minor fetishes here and there for certain side characters.

Last edited:

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Heya,

"4. Sharing is Caring route: This is an optional NTR, don't press it if you don't want it."

Even a sweet game like that will have an NTR option. The slave route is already limit but...
Devs really can't be trusted these days.

I hope he won't have that idea when he will continue the other game (I don't remember the name)

What a pity.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Heya,

"4. Sharing is Caring route: This is an optional NTR, don't press it if you don't want it."

Even a sweet game like that will have an NTR option. The slave route is already limit but...
Devs really can't be trusted these days.

I hope he won't have that idea when he will continue the other game (I don't remember the name)

What a pity.
Not really a fan of that stuff either, it's kind of hard for me to imagine M&S in a route like that. But that won't happen for a long time and it will be optional you will have to download the dlc if you want to play it. As long as devs don't force that stuff onto players I don't really mind.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
You missed the part of any of the other routes not being in the game?
That the player needs to download DLC IF they want to see that content?
That this has been communicated from the start?
Or the post that I just posted above?

Seriously...
And for the completionist players ?
You can say whatever you want, your optional route will be related to the game. It's not because you won't play it that it means it doesn't exist.
You could have just put a definitive ending with the love and bimbo route (why not) but no.
Do you really think the players who hates NTR will just do like nothing happened ?

Seriously...

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
And for the completionist players ?
You can say whatever you want, your optional route will be related to the game. It's not because you won't play it that it means it doesn't exist.
You could have just put a definitive ending with the love and bimbo route (why not) but no.
Do you really think the players who hates NTR will just do like nothing happened ?

Seriously...
The way I see it, the "true end" is the love route and then you have the dlcs that are more like what if scenarios. As someone who hates NTR I don't see a problem with that. Just don't download that dlc and you will be fine.

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes