hasani200

Jul 15, 2018
i have not been following the thread, but I have followed the game for a long time, it would be very sad if it were no longer at this site. i dont trust other sites

am writing for help, some weird thing happened to my pc harddrive= I was able to fix it but lost ALL my saves to this game. Could someone please share a save with me so i can continue? I think a save from 8.4 or 8.5 would be ideal so i can be sure im backtracking a little but wont miss anything. ive never requested such a thing but have seen them posted for other games. I have always saves my most recent version in a safety file then add in the update files to be sure it is a smooth update, and I keep all old versions in the same drive. i dont understand how but ive lost every save in every version and can load nothng except for a couple autosaves that just have me lost, i hope someone can help, thanks!

Reactions: J..D

khaelin02

Nov 30, 2017
@ hasani200 I'm not sure what version this save is from, somehow lost older ones, but most of the day for level 8 is not done yet. I used to have a bunch with scenes I liked and they disappeared... EDIT: You could use the Gallery and watch stuff you missed maybe.

Last edited:

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
even the low quality version is 4GB, is there no compressed version or is this as small as it gets?
4GB is as small as it gets. ;)

Any plans to add Gofile as a download?
I don't know about the Uploaders of F95, but a lot of people have been having issues with GoFile lately.
I stopped using them myself as well because of that.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
4GB is as small as it gets. ;)

I don't know about the Uploaders of F95, but a lot of people have been having issues with GoFile lately.
I stopped using them myself as well because of that.
4Gb is big, but with a reasonable connection it won't take that long. If that size is needed, it's needed. End of discussion.

Yeah - It seems that GoFile not working that great. That said - If you want to use others... The minimum size of the file will give trouble with Mega, so that one is out too I guess. I assume Torrents are out of the question too. Other sites like Anonfile and Mixdrop are extremely slow most of the time. That leaves Workupload as the best possible candidate...

Oh - And by the way. I really hate it when people upload leaked stuff when there are public versions available. Especially when the developer is not a "bad guy". I think the majority of people here have the same thoughts...

pip02

Dec 26, 2017
Yeah, not that happy that it got leaked again.
(But, the evidence is pointing towards F95 just leeching it from another website.)

Even though I completely meant what I said last time, this kinda changes the situation.
(Didn't get leaked on F95 after all, but F95 just took advantage of the situation.)

Leaving this website behind, I would feel bad towards all the people that love our project and have been a part of
this journey for quite some time.
However, on the other hand. We need to draw a line, somewhere.

So, for now.
We are still going to be a part of this website to help with question and keep you updated about the progress.
(That won't change, no matter what. We are here for our fans after all. :) )

And, I'll still post our links on the public release date, as usual. (not any sooner.)
(This, might change depending on what happens in the future)

- JD
I have to say that I am very sorry about the situation that has happened about the premature release of the new version.

As you have said, it is a project that many of us love and as I have already commented in other messages, the best thing about the game is the attention that you have offered us so quickly and for free.

I know it's nothing but as a thank you I'm going to start financially supporting your work on patreon.

It may not be a huge amount, but I wanted to say it so that MORE PEOPLE CAN SEE ALL YOUR EFFORT AND COLABORATE IN YOUR PROJECT TOO :)

Thanks for everything

Cheers

Last edited:

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
4Gb is big, but with a reasonable connection it won't take that long. If that size is needed, it's needed. End of discussion.

Yeah - It seems that GoFile not working that great. That said - If you want to use others... The minimum size of the file will give trouble with Mega, so that one is out too I guess. I assume Torrents are out of the question too. Other sites like Anonfile and Mixdrop are extremely slow most of the time. That leaves Workupload as the best possible candidate...

Oh - And by the way. I really hate it when people upload leaked stuff when there are public versions available. Especially when the developer is not a "bad guy". I think the majority of people here have the same thoughts...
We are using
- Mega
- Google Drive
- PixelDrain
- Dropbox

And, I don't get it either.
Just wait a couple more days and we upload all our links ourselves.
But, then again... I know that some people in the world don't have patience.^^

I have to say that I am very sorry about the situation that has happened about the premature release of the new version.

As you have said, it is a project that many of us love and as I have already commented in other messages, the best thing about the game is the attention that you have offered us so quickly and for free.

I know it's nothing but as a thank you I'm going to start financially supporting your work on patreon.

It may not be a huge amount, but I wanted to say it so that MORE PEOPLE CAN SEE ALL YOUR EFFORT AND COLABORATE IN YOUR PROJECT TOO :)

Thanks for everything

Cheers
Thank you for your kind words, and your support. :love:
And, it's not nothing.
Every little bit of support means the world to us/me.
From financial support, to a kind message, to a positive review.
It all means the world to us. :)

And, thank you all for the kind messages since yesterday. :)

pip02

Dec 26, 2017
Expecting a piracy forum not to behave as a piracy forum is just going to break your heart. :HideThePain:
I am not agree with you at all. I think F95 is a website to advertise and share your project (with conditions about date or plus content). Besides, F95 helps to a lot of people to build these proyects through different patreons to hold and promote their work.
Anyway, it seems the leak was not through F95 but other.

Finally, SWEET AFFECTION has been with us A LOT OF YEARS, and it has been a lot of years of original ideas and hard efforts (and almost an unexpected cancellation, saved from the creators and their selfless work) .
And all of this didnt break this great team who keep on not only believeing in this work, but listening an answering us and publishing their work for free, for everybody. And everybody has always been able to provide it regulary, date to date, no fails.... YES, I REPEAT: 'A LOT OF YEARS, FOR EVRYBODY FOR FREE'.

That's why this project is part of our family in F95.
This work is VERY SPECIAL AND UNIQUE, is different, high quality, no similar scripts, no comparisons an we love it.
Cheers

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I am not agree with you at all. I think F95 is a website to advertise and share your project (with conditions about date or plus content). Besides, F95 helps to a lot of people to build these proyects through different patreons to hold and promote their work.
Anyway, it seems the leak was not through F95 but other.

Finally, SWEET AFFECTION has been with us A LOT OF YEARS, and it has been a lot of years of original ideas and hard efforts (and almost an unexpected cancellation, saved from the creators and their selfless work) .
And all of this didnt break this great team who keep on not only believeing in this work, but listening an answering us and publishing their work for free, for everybody. And everybody has always been able to provide it regulary, date to date, no fails.... YES, I REPEAT: 'A LOT OF YEARS, FOR EVRYBODY FOR FREE'.

That's why this project is part of our family in F95.
This work is VERY SPECIAL AND UNIQUE, is different, high quality, no similar scripts, no comparisons an we love it.
Cheers
Call an apple an orange all you like, won't change what it is. I'm sorry that this website doesn't perform the way you prefer.
Free advertisement at the cost of your game getting pirated when it gets popular. That's how it works. Hate the system all you want, won't change it. The fact that mods will not remove leaked content even if asked by the dev is proof enough of this website's main function.

ghostch15

Mar 22, 2018
just a fyi
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Map/Map.rpy", line 8, in script
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
ScriptError: could not find label 'School'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Sweet Affection 0.8.91
Mon Oct 10 17:37:27 2022

ClarkSavage

Sep 30, 2017
Because only our HQ build got leaked early on here, I decided to release all the builds early on Patreon, and on here.
However, this will be the only time that I do that.

This is the first time in 2 years that our content has been leaked, so... hopefully this is just an incident.
We've always been on a good standing with the people on F95, which gave us extra reason to be as involved on this thread as we currently have been.
Helping where we can, communicating about the progress and releasing our updates.

However, if our content is going to be leaked on here regularly in the future, we will stop doing most of those activities.
No more previews, no more updates, no more links.

We'll still be here every now and then to help the people that need help, but that will be it.
And, you can thank the people that leak our builds for that. :)

Update 0.8.9
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are the patches applicable to the Windows - Mac - Android executables?

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
pip02 sorry to break it to you but...

The nature of F95zone
- I know how this may confuse many of you, but we are a Pirate Site first and foremost. However, we do credit the developers properly so that anyone who enjoyed the content can spare some subscription if they are able to. We also encourage developers to use this site to interact, use as feedback site or even a platform to advertise their games. We still would update any thread to latest version leaked by users regardless of developers. (unless the game has troublesome game breaking bugs)
Now with that said piracy site or not it is both the users and the uploaders decision to leak the game or not. While there is no rule to keep it from happening. There is no reason it has to at the same time.

This game having been my prime example for when the community both those not, and at the same time need not leak early. It should do one of two things if not both.

1 benefit the community.
2 benefit the dev.

The game would have came out in less then a week. The leak really did neither although it did not originate from here.

Anyone else notice the leaks started after

For the people that missed the Patreon messages.

A couple weeks ago, I had to go to the doctor because my wrist was starting to hurt more and more. And, she diagnosed me with some ligaments in my wrist being inflamed/infected.

Nothing serious, but it's just been pretty painful the past couple of weeks and I've been working with a brace on that severely limits my movements. So, work is going very slow while still being painful.

Now, just like any other injury like that, it will go away with rest. Rest that I obviously didn't take the past couple of weeks because I had to finish the 0.8.9 update. And, rest that is not really on the schedule for the coming months either.

Now, I just want to push on and push through the pain till December and then take a couple weeks off during the holidays. However, at the same time, I'm worried that if I don't take some rest now that I might make this injury even worse, forcing me to stop for an even longer time.

then the pool with a 205 to 2 voting for

2. We postpone Sidney's planned level 3 content and move it to the 0.9.1 update. I will take 2 weeks off, right now and make sure my wrist heals properly. And, in December, instead of taking a couple weeks off, we'll just be taking the last week off and there will be a normal update. (This option, there won't be any side character content till November.)
I don't remember ever seeing a leak until after the dev posted about his wrist. Seems pretty scummy to me.

J..D You are one of my favorite devs. While at any point a leak can happen here. It is the nature of this site, and all it takes is one person's actions(two if you count the mods, but they most do there job). Those that support you, and your works will do so leak or not.

I only ask that if it those come to a point you have to leave, bow out gracefully. While it may feel like a betrayal. The thing that keeps leaks from happening is the longstanding respect between the users and you. Even if someone that those not have that respect comes along. Remember no one else did it after all this time, and we are all still the same people before it happened as we are after. Heck I have seen many users refuse to play leaked versions. Have also already seen it here.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
just a fyi
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
$ renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Sweet Affection 0.8.91
Mon Oct 10 17:37:27 2022
Version Number of the game?
Current M&S level in the game?

Have you patched the game? If so... Have you skipped a single patch?
(You need all in the correct order for the game to be functional)

Full version?
(Maybe an unzipping error or corrupt download)

Last edited:

pip02

Dec 26, 2017
pip02 sorry to break it to you but...

Now with that said piracy site or not it is both the users and the uploaders decision to leak the game or not. While there is no rule to keep it from happening. There is no reason it has to at the same time.

This game having been my prime example for when the community both those not, and at the same time need not leak early. It should do one of two things if not both.

1 benefit the community.
2 benefit the dev.

The game would have came out in less then a week. The leak really did neither although it did not originate from here.

Anyone else notice the leaks started after

I don't remember ever seeing a leak until after the dev posted about his wrist. Seems pretty scummy to me.

J..D You are one of my favorite devs. While at any point a leak can happen here. It is the nature of this site, and all it takes is one person's actions(two if you count the mods, but they most do there job). Those that support you, and your works will do so leak or not.

I only ask that if it those come to a point you have to leave, bow out gracefully. While it may feel like a betrayal. The thing that keeps leaks from happening is the longstanding respect between the users and you. Even if someone that those not have that respect comes along. Remember no one else did it after all this time, and we are all still the same people before it happened as we are after. Heck I have seen many users refuse to play leaked versions. Have also already seen it here.
Your message and comment that you have made seemed good to me and I have nothing to add about it.
I understand that when F95 talks about a "pirate site", it's because they don't want to be held responsible for certain posts or links that may break the creator's posting scheme, and I think this has been the case.

And I think there is a difference between being responsible for tolerating link messages and on the other hand going to creators' pages to "hack" their projects.
Or at least that is what I have understood in the statement of F95.
That is, first it talks about a pirate site yes, but then it says 'However....'

I venture to say that the leak has possibly hurt more because of the trust placed, the effort and feedback TO EVERYONE in the F95 forum, than the fact that said update was brought forward a few days.

These things unfortunately happen (recently there was a very big leak with gta 6 and it was embarrassing).
I believe that the creators need the full support of the F95 community and I wanted to make it clear, as in your message, joblo9394, that they can continue to count on us.

it always seems that there has to be a spoilsport that wants to spoil the party, but this time it has not succeeded in any way

joblo9394, I liked your search for references and your global message.

Cheers

• Haha
Reactions: Toushiro
3.20 star(s) 107 Votes