J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Maybe this is an already answered question, or something that you don't know at all, but is Sweet Affection close to being done? It's been very long since I discovered this game (found it because of Private Community which I also hope we will be able to see completed in due time), and I feel like it's going very slow, can't really say if that's normal or not, because I don't know anything about developing a game, so I don't mean that as telling the dev is slow, just wanted to know if there is a chance I can see the game completed soon, since I'm waiting to play again until then, and when I tryed the game long ago it really hooked me xD
Sweet Affection is still far away from being finished.
Even though M&S are at their final normal level currently (level 10), there are going to be 3 "shorter" ending levels implemented for them.
Everyone that knows me a little bit knows that my concept of "Short" is very different from most other people.
So, there is still a enormous amount of content coming.

Besides that, I still have all the side characters to finish.
And as previously mentioned, I'm not going to stop developing this game until it's 100% finished.
There is not going to be any rushing of story/content just to finish this project sooner.

Now, I'll be honest and say that development is taking longer than I had imagined when I took over.
- Partly because of me cutting down workhours from 80+ to 60 hours a week.
- Partly because of me coming up with new ideas/content.
- Partly because I had hoped that I would have been able to hire someone to help me out by now.
- And also just... life happens and things never go as you want them to. :p

All I can say is the same thing I've been saying since I started Naughty Attic Gaming.
That I'm going as fast as I can and promise to keep doing that.

As far as Private Community.
That one hurts... a lot.
I want to restart that project so badly.
I have everything ready.
- The writing, the plans, the models, the set-up... everything except 2 things.
1. Time
2. Money.

Working in Daz is not only very time consuming, it's also very expensive.
I'm not just talking about the assets, but the power the GPU requires.
I don't know where you live, but where I live the energy prices have gone pretty insane the past couple of years.

But it's also very simply time that I don't have at this moment.
I work 60+ hours a week on Sweet Affection, there is little room for anything else.
Money could help me with hiring someone to help me out, but at this moment there is 0 financial room for that.

To (hopefully) remedy that, I am starting a shorter second game (made with HS2).
I can spend a couple hours each week on that and hopefully that will enable me to hire more help long term to
get started on Private Community.
So yeah, the second project is not only a different creative outlet for me, it's also a financial necessity.

But, Private Community is not dead.
Next week, next year or in 5 years from now. I am going to bring that project back to life.
All I'm waiting for is a chance to do so. :)

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Sweet Affection is still far away from being finished.
Even though M&S are at their final normal level currently (level 10), there are going to be 3 "shorter" ending levels implemented for them.
Everyone that knows me a little bit knows that my concept of "Short" is very different from most other people.
So, there is still a enormous amount of content coming.

Besides that, I still have all the side characters to finish.
And as previously mentioned, I'm not going to stop developing this game until it's 100% finished.
There is not going to be any rushing of story/content just to finish this project sooner.

Now, I'll be honest and say that development is taking longer than I had imagined when I took over.
- Partly because of me cutting down workhours from 80+ to 60 hours a week.
- Partly because of me coming up with new ideas/content.
- Partly because I had hoped that I would have been able to hire someone to help me out by now.
- And also just... life happens and things never go as you want them to. :p

All I can say is the same thing I've been saying since I started Naughty Attic Gaming.
That I'm going as fast as I can and promise to keep doing that.

As far as Private Community.
That one hurts... a lot.
I want to restart that project so badly.
I have everything ready.
- The writing, the plans, the models, the set-up... everything except 2 things.
1. Time
2. Money.

Working in Daz is not only very time consuming, it's also very expensive.
I'm not just talking about the assets, but the power the GPU requires.
I don't know where you live, but where I live the energy prices have gone pretty insane the past couple of years.

But it's also very simply time that I don't have at this moment.
I work 60+ hours a week on Sweet Affection, there is little room for anything else.
Money could help me with hiring someone to help me out, but at this moment there is 0 financial room for that.

To (hopefully) remedy that, I am starting a shorter second game (made with HS2).
I can spend a couple hours each week on that and hopefully that will enable me to hire more help long term to
get started on Private Community.
So yeah, the second project is not only a different creative outlet for me, it's also a financial necessity.

But, Private Community is not dead.
Next week, next year or in 5 years from now. I am going to bring that project back to life.
All I'm waiting for is a chance to do so. :)
Just make sure you have enough "you time".
Don't get burned out.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Is it not possible split the game? Sweet aff 1,2,3? Even Low Quality 7 Gb.
Is it possible? Yes, but will it likely happen? No. With the way the game is designed with everything being together, and it's incomplete state. It will not only change the dev's intended portrayal of the game, but also take extra dev time that is already at a crunch to maintain the steady schedule of release.

A separate part 1,2,3 needs a clear, and planned cutoff point otherwise it will lower the quality if the end game. It will appear as a game that should have been one large game broken into two. Adding the added headache of save compatibility, and transferring.

The dev will have to either upset those content with the status quo are maintain both versions increasing the likely hood of bugs creeping up on top of the bugs from separating the game.

The side characters are not added evenly so what point is potently part1,2 etc overall is unclear, and with the current development of the game some "part 1" content will be considered not even finished.

Ultimately if the dev wanted to separate things each side character would be a stand alone game, but they are not.

I personally like the novel way the arcs aren't connected while in the same game, yet still without making you play the game multiple times as most games would.

Everything is a tradeoff. Is it a tradeoff the dev is willing to make? is it a tradeoff the dev wants to make?

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Is it not possible split the game? Sweet aff 1,2,3? Even Low Quality 7 Gb.
Is it possible? Yes, but will it likely happen? No. With the way the game is designed with everything being together, and it's incomplete state. It will not only change the dev's intended portrayal of the game, but also take extra dev time that is already at a crunch to maintain the steady schedule of release.

A separate part 1,2,3 needs a clear, and planned cutoff point otherwise it will lower the quality if the end game. It will appear as a game that should have been one large game broken into two. Adding the added headache of save compatibility, and transferring.

The dev will have to either upset those content with the status quo are maintain both versions increasing the likely hood of bugs creeping up on top of the bugs from separating the game.

The side characters are not added evenly so what point is potently part1,2 etc overall is unclear, and with the current development of the game some "part 1" content will be considered not even finished.

Ultimately if the dev wanted to separate things each side character would be a stand alone game, but they are not.

I personally like the novel way the arcs aren't connected while in the same game, yet still without making you play the game multiple times as most games would.

Everything is a tradeoff. Is it a tradeoff the dev is willing to make? is it a tradeoff the dev wants to make?
You are absolutely right about that joblo9394 .

I have thought many times about removing all the side-characters from the game and creating smaller VN's for them and let Sweet Affection be completely about M&S (And Suzie.)
But personally I also like that we are basically creating 10+ separate games into 1 game world.

Dividing the game into multiple chapters? At this stage that would be a complete nightmare to implement.
M&S are Level 10, Sidney is level 4, Rose is level 3, Eve is level 1 and etc.
If all characters would be level 4 (Just an example), that might be something we could do.
But at this stage it would be incredibly annoying for everyone (including myself.) having to continuously switch between chapters depending on what story you want to continue.

20GB / 7GB, it's not perfect, I'll be the first one to admit that.
And I'm continuously looking for ways to deliver my game to everyone as smoothly as possible.
I'm always open for suggestions when it comes to that.

I am thinking about zipping the packages into multiple parts.
For example, the LQ in two parts of 3.5GB and the HQ in 4 parts of 5GB.
But my experience is that usually comes with a lot of user error with unpacking.

In a perfect world, I would be able to buy a server, maintain it and keep it up just so everyone can download
the game without any issues.
However, I am definitely not in a financial position to do that.
Filehosts, torrents are the best that I can do.

But in the end, the game size is only going to get bigger. :)
And hindsight... if I knew the things that I know now... :p

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017

I have thought many times about removing all the side-characters from the game and creating smaller VN's for them and let Sweet Affection be completely about M&S (And Suzie.)
But personally I also like that we are basically creating 10+ separate games into 1 game world.

Dividing the game into multiple chapters? At this stage that would be a complete nightmare to implement.
If all characters would be level 4 (Just an example), that might be something we could do.
But at this stage it would be incredibly annoying for everyone (including myself.) having to continuously switch between chapters depending on what story you want to continue.

And I'm continuously looking for ways to deliver my game to everyone as smoothly as possible.

But my experience is that usually comes with a lot of user error with unpacking.

In a perfect world, I would be able to buy a server, maintain it and keep it up just so everyone can download

Actually OP has a secondary "unofficial" download for HQ separated into 5 parts at just over 4.5 GB. I would say don't worry about it for now if the patrons are fine. Non patrons already have alternatives be it the OP download links or the torrent links provided by the rpdl group.

I myself have many ideas that could help, but they just aren't feasible at this stage. It is better for the ship to reach it's destination then to get caught up in what ifs, perhaps, and maybes. The future is unpredictable the sure rout may not be the best, or fastest, but it has the highest chance of getting you there.

JamesWebbsite

Feb 26, 2022

While other games require you to download the entire game again with each update, I'm satisfied with the fact that here you can just download the update and upgrade the version.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
While other games require you to download the entire game again with each update, I'm satisfied with the fact that here you can just download the update and upgrade the version.
Yes, that was a gut idea... Now there a few more games you can download just the current update. This was one of first where you could download just an update. But you have to download it when they come out and numerically correct. Or you could have problems later with searching and dead links... But download 100-300 Mb per month is way better than download a whole LQ or HQ version. Not to mention people doesn't know how to download with usual limits...

Reactions: joblo9394

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Hello guys can I playable on joiplay?
some hopefully helpful post.

Sorry for the question, but the video does not play, how can I fix this?
If I remember correctly... You need to disable "less updates" in JoiPlay's settings.
That's all I have regarding Joiplay, sorry.
Download joiplay from playstore as well as the plugin for it, that usually works for me
Also Wills747 works on an unofficial, but working Android port.

My compressed unofficial Android port of Sweet Affection v0.10.2
Usual gestures, seethru textbox, resizeable text and dialogue etc etc...
Scrollable choices if multiple
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves and log location

**Special Instructions:**
Install apk.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa files to "documents/Wills747/sweet.affection/game" folder.
Copy the rpa files to the directory indicated in game. (game will quit now)
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card this may slow the launch.

archive.rpa (7.02Gb) (ex 0.8.9)

(Complete)
Mega

(Split 2 part zip files)
Mega
Mega

archive2.rpa (1.99Gb) (0.8.9-->0.9.5)
Mega

archive3.rpa(1.99Gb)(0.9.5-->0.9.92)
Mega

v0.10.2 APK

You MUST have the archive.rpa, archive2.rpa AND archive3.rpa in the correct folder.
If you have 0.8.9 archive.rpa /0.9.5 archive2.rpa/0.9.92 archive3.rpa there's no need to download them again.
Mega

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #1 for update 0.10.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Roadmap for update 0.10.4

Progress Report: Week 04 (Jan 28) on /

Discord!

:) Feel free to join! :)

Build 0.10.3 has been released to Tier 3 Patrons & SubStars

Release Dates 0.10.4 (In development):

Tier 3 / - February 29th (official)
Tier 2 - March 7
Tier 1 / Public - March 14

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #2 for update 0.10.4

Progress Report: Week 05 (Feb 04) on /

Discord!

Build 0.10.3 has been released to Tier 2 Patrons & SubStars

Tier 2 - March 7

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Sneak-Peek #3 for update 0.10.4

Progress Report: Week 06 (Feb 11) on /

Discord!

Build 0.10.3 has been released to Tier 2 Patrons & SubStars

Tier 2 - March 7

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Sweet Affection Update 0.10.3

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
What's going on....:oops: She's pregnant in one scene and not in the other...:unsure::cry:
Uhm, not sure what you mean.
She is pregnant in all of the level 10 scenes (Except the flashback scenes.)

Sometimes, the camera angles make it seem like she doesn't have a belly though.
Because of the mods/model that I'm using, the pregnant belly sometimes "Bugs" out a little bit during certain poses.

Meaning, it's still there but it looks very, very "strange."
So sometimes I use a different camera angle so you don't see that.
But because of that, the pregnant belly isn't always that clear.
(I try create as many scenes as possible where her belly clearly shows, but sometimes I have to make compromises.)

But trust me when I say that she always has her belly. :)

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
20 GB and we get only download options that limit downloads to 5gb or are slow as hell?...

3.20 star(s) 107 Votes