J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
So last content update was office stuff and new characters.
This update adds school stuff and new characters?

Why do so many devs feel the need to blue ball and introduce new characters instead of finishing established ones? Who cares about side characters anyway?
I pass and replay once we continue with the main girls.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

But like Mytez explains below already.
We asked the pledgers on patreon what they would like to see the most.
1: Focus on the home content and ignore everything else.
2: Focus on catching up with the out of home content for the 0.6.X Cycle
3: A little bit of both.

Option 2 won by a massive landslide (I'm talking about around 90%)

It's nothing about "blue balling" because there is still plenty of action going on... maybe not the action that YOU would like to see... but that's something different altogether.

So, who cares?
Almost all of are backers... they care.
And WE as a team care about what they want and listen to them carefully when they voice their wishes and concerns.

As for the new characters.
Well, we could have implemented a couple new locations with just one character in there.
But that wouldn't really make it "alive" and believable, right?

damn another update with nothing.
This is like Research into Corruption for kids. Too bad that game doesn't get updates like it should.

As for the "nothing new" argument.
Total 1288 Images - 05 Animations - 38.267 Words
Sure... nothing new... only a monthly HS update that's bigger than most HS games produce in 3/4 months.

If you only want to see fucky fucky, sucky sucky content with M&S.
Then you should
1: Look at the roadmap for this game.
2: Look a little bit at the history and size of this project.
3: How much H content there already is...

I mean no disrespect to anybody, let me make that clear.
We appreciate all your thoughts and concerns, all your fears and wishes.
But please... saying that we are doing nothing when we are busting our asses of every day over here is a little bit harsh ;)

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Please explain what's the difference between Research into corruption and this game?
The difference between the two games?

The main difference is that Boom's Attic has nothing to do with RiC anymore, and haven't had anything to do with it for over a year now and it's 100% in control of another developer now DrSmith

The reason why are explained somewhat here.
https://f95zone.to/threads/research-into-affection-v0-6-3-boomatica.15780/page-3#post-973155

Other differences, well...
The biggest difference is already spoiled in the title...
Corruption vs. Affection.

They look the same at some stages, but it's a completely different game altogether.

Kellan

Aug 5, 2016
Have you considered adding text to the animations? Just the animations without any words being spoken feels really lackluster..I end up skipping most of it which feels like a waste of work for you.

Reactions: derof

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
The difference between the two games?

The main difference is that Boom's Attic has nothing to do with RiC anymore, and haven't had anything to do with it for over a year now and it's 100% in control of another developer now DrSmith

The reason why are explained somewhat here.
https://f95zone.to/threads/research-into-affection-v0-6-3-boomatica.15780/page-3#post-973155

Other differences, well...
The biggest difference is already spoiled in the title...
Corruption vs. Affection.

They look the same at some stages, but it's a completely different game altogether.
I had the same confusion in the RiC thread and replied:
https://f95zone.to/threads/research-into-corruption-v0-6-5-bugfix-drsmith.2796/post-3102133

It's the same story as you told :)

Hope you are doing better than I a.t.m.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
For once, this is a game that would be better if it was linear. The narrative would be much better and the travelling and events don't add much other than grind.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I'm sorry you feel that way.

But like Mytez explains below already.
We asked the pledgers on patreon what they would like to see the most.
1: Focus on the home content and ignore everything else.
2: Focus on catching up with the out of home content for the 0.6.X Cycle
3: A little bit of both.

Option 2 won by a massive landslide (I'm talking about around 90%)

It's nothing about "blue balling" because there is still plenty of action going on... maybe not the action that YOU would like to see... but that's something different altogether.

So, who cares?
Almost all of are backers... they care.
And WE as a team care about what they want and listen to them carefully when they voice their wishes and concerns.

As for the new characters.
Well, we could have implemented a couple new locations with just one character in there.
But that wouldn't really make it "alive" and believable, right?
I can't argue with that as i did not know any of that. ^^ If your backers asked you to do that kind of stuff instead of the main girls it is fine with me. Still won't play it though. But may i ask is there a way for non backers to see what kind of direction the game is taking in future updates/polls?

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I can't argue with that as i did not know any of that. ^^ If your backers asked you to do that kind of stuff instead of the main girls it is fine with me. Still won't play it though. But may i ask is there a way for non backers to see what kind of direction the game is taking in future updates/polls?
Short term and mid term

Long term.

How to level up teacher?
During the S events in level 5 you acquire a certain object relating to the teacher.
Once she (S) is level 6 and you played all the teachers event in school a certain event becomes available in the afternoon.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Short term and mid term

Long term.

During the S events in level 5 you acquire a certain object relating to the teacher.
Once she (S) is level 6 and you played all the teachers event in school a certain event becomes available in the afternoon.
Thank you very much :)

Reactions: J..D

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Nice to see other areas getting updates. Neighbour's girl seems to be interesting (I'm going to stay way from her mother though) and sister's friends are also interesting. I hope they'll visit home sometimes.

But I found one problem. I gave USB to teacher without having found/watched it. I played this update twice to see if I just missed the event, but no.

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
hmm. i noticed that once you upgrade to the next level, you cannot go back to the previous levels to continue playing everything else left unfinished (diary portions, text messages, camera views, events, etc.) how will this affect game play when you continue to add things, story-wise and characters-wise, but are unable to back-track to earlier levels? potentially, we will be missing a lot of game play. at first glance, the only way to truly play the game is to wait for you to finish it.

for example: i am missing a few scenes with sis in level 1, plus, i was not able to complete all level 2 text messages. i cannot play for them anymore because mom and sis are level 3. that, plus more added events, plus more characters. how can i be sure that i have played the game in it's entirety if i cannot play lower levels anymore?

and the only solution i see, the way the game is now, is to wait for you to finish so that the game can be enjoyed in it's entirety.
i already had to restart several times because i missed a few diary portions and text messages and camera views.

will future updates be affected by this problem?

can you resolve this problem?

overall, i like the game. your diary system is brilliant. it allows us to get up close and personal with the other NPCs by giving us insight into their personal thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solak

tonicase24

May 10, 2019
need cameras is roses house..by the way love the game..as well as the slow build up..too many games go right to the sex..less is some times more..as for the mother she is prefect.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 108 Votes