May 26, 2018
By turning around the pot, i meant the last 2 updates to me (v.013/14) feels like it could just be one update, you feel like the game is on the ending but he tries to artificially increases the lenght of it. Anyway, take your time J.D. I've been waiting on you since June to support again, tbh, i haven't played i think the game since v6.4 because i was sick of restarting (when you introduced the shop, actually). Nice talking to you Christ and reading your convo with J.D o/
Ah,understand now. Thank you, too, for the convo and info. :D Have a Blessed Weekend. :)

May 26, 2018
Thing is, I think that developers on this website got a bad name in general (some fair, some unfair)
Caused by a flow of "developers" who had one horny idea, started a game and patreon, and ended up abandoning it after 1 or 2 more update because they didn't know how to make/develop a game.

I understand that people are weary, scared and very hesitant now... and that's frankly a very good thing.
You should always think about who you decide to support vocally or financially.
But I also think that people could be a little bit more "fair" at times.
Yes, I once - last year - did a sort of survey regarding the games here. to give perspective and make it easier to follow, let us say that in total, there were 1000 games posted to here (from developers, not pirates, lol). using statistics I noticed her, out of that 1000 there are only 100 games actually either completed or actively being worked on. The rest - after maybe 2 or 3 updates - are either abandoned or take too long between updates (too long meaning 6 months to a year between updates, if that). That is why I never play NEW games (v0.1 or demos), and why I wait until at minimum v 0.6 or 0.7 before I post a review. A game would have to be Amazingly Exceptional for me to post a review earlier than v 0.5.

Feb 1, 2020
I'm familiar with programming and game creation. I've hand crafted 3 games myself. I know well enough all the time and effort that goes into making a game. It's very time consuming and takes a bit to make sure everything runs smoothly and as intended. Social media really does have an interesting impact on how games are created these days, even with large gaming companies.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
J.D you know when i was talking about dev, i wasn't pointing you. I hope you got that.
I've always been very vocal about my support for Boom and you over the years. Also, sadly i am one that don't ctrl skip games that's exactly i feel that way in general. I often think that sex scenes are often there to hide the lack of story in those games.

I'm familiar with programming and game creation. I've hand crafted 3 games myself. I know well enough all the time and effort that goes into making a game. It's very time consuming and takes a bit to make sure everything runs smoothly and as intended. Social media really does have an interesting impact on how games are created these days, even with large gaming companies.
In another life (a good 10 years ago) i dabbled myself at creating, animating, rendering myself. But, i am talking about a time when this stuff wasn't making any money and we were on iirc like some sort of pervert cult lol. It's very time consuming and it also affect the body very badly (unhealthy). I didn't end up well at the time (which is why i doubt you see me again do it..), it's easy to get on a slippery slope. Still like Christ said for one good dev there is ten bad..also it's not necessarly a lack of updates issue to me. For example, Naughty Captain who developp Summerscent hasn't made any update for almost 6 months but he makes weekly updates and you clearly see the work being done.

To me, honestly it's more a matter of being transparent about it. Even, if you're just being Lazy or you need a break, it's better to be honest about it with the fans. Supporters aren't just patreons or pirates, they are also believers. They trust your work and stick with you if you make them feel they matter to you.

May 26, 2018
To me, honestly it's more a matter of being transparent about it. Even, if you're just being Lazy or you need a break, it's better to be honest about it with the fans. Supporters aren't just patreons or pirates, they are also believers. They trust your work and stick with you if you make them feel they matter to you.
This could not have been said better. I would support ANY developer (if and when I have the money, otherwise by good reviews, Recommendations to others, etc... as long as the developer is HONEST about his game, progress, and goals. If you do not have the needed equipment, however, DON'T expect others to pay for it, and sure as hell don't start a project until you have what you need to finish it. Most people support games and such here because they believe in the developer based on what they are creating, with a LOT of progress of some sort. It is not our responsibility to pay for your computers, video cards, processors etc... in order for you to finish a game or project.I can - in some ways - begin to understand why patreons start to feel entitled when the developers express the same type of entitlement belief just because they are creating a game or other project. I do not necessarily think developers should not receive SOME type of compensation for their work or projects, but they are definitely not ENTITLED to it. Especially those developers who make a habit of creating games, and quit halfway through for whatever reason.

The games here all are fiction of one type or another, and are usually done because the developers who put serious time into developing them and making good COMPLETE games do so because they have a vision they want to share. If you are in it JUST for the money, then sign up with a commercial gamming company and pitch your game to them If it is any good, or potentially a "money maker" then they will hire you and pay you to create the game.

Reactions: Banish

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Is the roadmap on Patreon gone? I found the link of it in the thread, and it has a 404 error where the map should be.

Anyway, about progress and the genre of this game.

I don't think, with the style of the game, you can advance any quicker than it already is. With an event at every hour of the day, besides very early morning, for two characters, that's at least 40 or so events per level just on day-to-day activity of S&M. Now add the special stuff like cosplay and dates. The texts, the diary and occasional side-character stuff and you end up with a mountain of content every update cycle.

Now, due to that, some of the events are fairly similar. It's not possible to not have some similar events for each level, there is only so much you can do and it not break the current progression of the characters or add even more work ( more new locations, new clothing etc.). Maybe you can add a beach or something like that, and have it be a weekend event, to add more variety, later in the game.

As far as what genre this is, I think it's a romantic corruption game. When people think of corruption, they think of darker stuff. Turning the girls into sluts (which may happen at the very end, it's one of the planned routes :devilish:) or blackmail or drugs. But corruption is just changing how someone thinks, how their personality is, to be more lewd and sexual. The girls are walking around topless, they've been corrupted....in a romantic and loving way :)

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Is the roadmap on Patreon gone? I found the link of it in the thread, and it has a 404 error where the map should be.
Boom's Attic Games said:
I don't believe we'll be updating this months graphic due to being locked out of our vizzlo account. Right now, we're just waiting to get a reply back from their support staff, as soon as we gain access again we'll be sure to update it ;)
It'll come back in time, let's be patient ^^
The question now is, why were they locked out of it? A hacker try and keep failing or something?

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
JD Glad to see that you are getting better and back in the Groove..

Reactions: J..D

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I am a bona fide hero .. who got the key to the city, mayor proclaimed it "Mordred93 Day" for a life saving mission.

Oh wait - you meant hero for leaking it. Sorry - us old folks get confused at definitions of slang ;)
Yea I can relate to that. Being in the old category :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mordred93

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
New roadmap for the November Update 0.6.11 is up for everyone to take a little peek. ;)

Don't miss out on the latest update! :sneaky:
The biggest event created... Yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: darlic
3.20 star(s) 108 Votes