• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Patreon seem fine with it atm, boom explains it better than i could:

Check pts 1 & 3
They've been cracking down much harder since it began, he was lucky he got caught at the time he did. There have been several games (DFD by Palmer, DMD etc.) that have been hit specifically for I word content. In the two named examples I listed, DFD changed to a player input based system and DMD changed the relation completely from what I heard. I am a supporter of Palmer, so that's how I know about that one. They rely on a report system for most of their reviews, so all it takes is a troll or an unsatisfied supporter looking to get a dev shut down to get them to look at it. If the report doesn't claim the content is in game, he's safe, but if it does, some of the staff are thorough enough to actually play the game to check for content. I'm going to stop on this subject now as I don't want to be off topic too much.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Wait he hasn't made a new one of these yet? Isn't this like his 3rd or 4th remake of this game. I mean I liked the last one, but RPGM really? Is he just trying to pick a new format that is easy to reboot 3 more times in for cash?

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
Anyone else having this issue..... my anti virus ..... we've moved Game.exe to your quarantine because it was infected with FileRepMalware.......

ArnoNym

Jun 27, 2017
Anyone else having this issue..... my anti virus ..... we've moved Game.exe to your quarantine because it was infected with FileRepMalware.......
I have done some online checks with the game.exe file (all others in the main install directory seem to be fine) and only

came up with some (most probably false) positives. If you upload the file to e. g.

or

the scan will show a clean file.

In addition to that I have scanned the installed/extracted zip file directory with emsisoft's emergency kit scanner (updated today) and nothing evil was found during the scan.

So I guess you need not worry, false positives do happen a lot although it is never wrong to just check with one more tool or online resource...

Reactions: TMoney2017

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
I have done some online checks with the game.exe file (all others in the main install directory seem to be fine) and only

came up with some (most probably false) positives. If you upload the file to e. g.

or

the scan will show a clean file.

In addition to that I have scanned the installed/extracted zip file directory with emsisoft's emergency kit scanner (updated today) and nothing evil was found during the scan.

So I guess you need not worry, false positives do happen a lot although it is never wrong to just check with one more tool or online resource...
but why is it doing that???.... ive played tons of these games....the only one that does it.... ... and when I restore it from quarantine mt virus scanner keeps sending it back

whywhydesu

Feb 3, 2018
I got the error message with 0.0.20 build
TypeError Cannot read property 'resolution' of undefined
Tried with both High Quality and Low Quality version

met4lsp4wn

May 5, 2017
What's the difference between RIA and RIC other than Dr.Smith continuation?
The characters seems to be the same ones.

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
The .exe is showing up as malware to me, I downloaded it from the workupload and after the void ... anyone else?

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
What's the difference between RIA and RIC other than Dr.Smith continuation?
The characters seems to be the same ones.
removed incest probably. i assume its cuz patreon started getting a stick up their ass about fringe fetishes all of a sudden. like sure i get the underage ban and i even get that they dont want to be associated with games about brutal rapes especially with how realistic looking the 3d models are starting to get now a days but the rest seems like overkill imo

Reactions: Halfelf

ralfold

Apr 27, 2017
The .exe is showing up as malware to me, I downloaded it from the workupload and after the void ... anyone else?
Yup... me too!! Downloaded from Mega. Tried all the things as suggested by DeUglyOne from all the previous posts but even thopugh i say its ok, it keeps being sent back. Does the same on all my OLD copies as well. That seems a bit odd to me. Not just the new Game.exe, but all the old versions as well??? Something very strange is going on...

Reactions: Ruodger

Socrates

Sep 28, 2017
I must be missing something really basic here. In the old game there was a map icon and you could leave the apartment (go to mom's work, coffee shop, etc.). Is it possible to leave the apartment so far? When I click on what looks like the door out it says "coming soon". I know I'm going to feel really dumb when I find how to do that btw.

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
I must be missing something really basic here. In the old game there was a map icon and you could leave the apartment (go to mom's work, coffee shop, etc.). Is it possible to leave the apartment so far? When I click on what looks like the door out it says "coming soon". I know I'm going to feel really dumb when I find how to do that btw.
Try clicking outside the image frame, it worked for me and the icons appeared ... Pity that later, when I went to try to play again appeared the malware message for .exe

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hi all,

Those of you mentioning issues with false flags from their anti virus programs by any chance are you running the Mac version of the game ?

The only new plugin I installed was on the MAC version that saves the game in a different location other than game folder to get around the Permissions issues most were having.

This is the only thing I can think of that's causing the false visrus flag.

-Boom

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Hi all,

Those of you mentioning issues with false flags from their anti virus programs by any chance are you running the Mac version of the game ?

The only new plugin I installed was on the MAC version that saves the game in a different location other than game folder to get around the Permissions issues most were having.

This is the only thing I can think of that's causing the false visrus flag.

-Boom
In my case, no. I'm running on WIN 10, I do not know what happened ... I played normally after I downloaded it, so I recorded it ... when I tried to open it again the next day, the malware message appears and the executable is deleted.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
In my case, no. I'm running on WIN 10, I do not know what happened ... I played normally after I downloaded it, so I recorded it ... when I tried to open it again the next day, the malware message appears and the executable is deleted.
This is really weird...
Are you using one of these Anti Virus programs ?
Mcafee, AVG or Bit defender.

These 3 programs are well known for false positives regarding finding Viruses.
"The Companies way of making it seem as though their program is actually working"

I'll look into what is causing these false flags and will get back to you as soon as I find something.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

These are the links I posed on My patreon page, I haven't had anyone report an issue with these builds as of yet.
You may want to give them a try, just in case OP's files got corrupted somehow on upload.

High Quality Image Downloads :

Low Quality Image Downloads :

Reactions: ralfold

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
This is really weird...
Are you using one of these Anti Virus programs ?
Mcafee, AVG or Bit defender.

These 3 programs are well known for false positives regarding finding Viruses.
"The Companies way of making it seem as though their program is actually working"

I'll look into what is causing these false flags and will get back to you as soon as I find something.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

These are the links I posed on My patreon page, I haven't had anyone report an issue with these builds as of yet.
You may want to give them a try, just in case OP's files got corrupted somehow on upload.

High Quality Image Downloads :

Low Quality Image Downloads :
Yes I use AVG, but in no other game happened ... Thanks for making patreon links available and for your quick response ... your games are really great, congratulations

Reactions: ralfold
3.20 star(s) 108 Votes