Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
By the looks of it, this game looks beautiful. Is it really that bad that it got 2.5 stars reviews???

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
By the looks of it, this game looks beautiful. Is it really that bad that it got 2.5 stars reviews???
The game mechanics made playing this game more work than many players are willing to go through. Also the developer's update schedule has been lacking for quite some time.

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
By the looks of it, this game looks beautiful.
Just like "Hellblade 2"

Doesn't matter if a game looks good (the wrapper) what matters is, how good is it actually in the inside? (the filling)

I had a feeling this would start happening (in an AVN sense) games will have really good, incredible renders but the game itself? crappy or not much to write home about.

Don't let the shiny cover blind you. Dig deeper before you do anything.

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
Just like "Hellblade 2"

Doesn't matter if a game looks good (the wrapper) what matters is, how good is it actually in the inside? (the filling)

I had a feeling this would start happening (in an AVN sense) games will have really good, incredible renders but the game itself? crappy or not much to write home about.

Don't let the shiny cover blind you. Dig deeper before you do anything.
thanks for your insight, that is why i enquired before i put my time in it

shanenufc09

Aug 4, 2021

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
if thats the case then surely the patreons deserve to be told this by the dev because not a word on there since january where he said he had around 1.3gb of new content ready and was looking for play testers not a very good way to treat the supporters that were there to start with and still 21 paid members each month unless hes put payments on hold
I don't disagree with your point, but that would be a conversation to have with PHiL (the dev), probably on his Patreon or Discord (he's not on this site all that often). I'm the game's proofreader and a playtester, so I don't make any decisions for announcements / status updates, work schedule, or similar. I know that right now he's working a full-time job and so has very limited time on his hands to work on this game.

If I find out more (like he has an update ready for me to proofread or similar), I will try to make sure everyone here is made aware. I don't have any access to post on Patreon or Discord on his behalf, however. I will provide updates when- and wherever I can. But to reiterate what my previous post said, even if this gets the Abandoned prefix, you should not consider this game abandoned unless either he or I tell you it is. (I will never tell you it is abandoned unless he specifically asks me to.)

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes