Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well...(sigh), where do I start? The renders are great looking, the girls are very attractive, and story is good to OK...But I felt it probably would have been much better if the story progression was laid with better flow to progress the scenes. (And the laptop VN mode is just terrible, as it doesn't have any of the side quests...making the story flow feel off).

But, for me the main issue...and I'm sure the dev hears this a lot...I really dislike how the sandbox is structured (…all of it). For me It became a long and tedious experience, just to progress the story. (And trying to find out how to go outside...to later find the player had to click on the f-ing shoes. :FacePalm:)

And I tried to keep an open mind with this title, but with how the events and scenes were being conveyed like it was acts in a journal, it eventually became a game I didn't want to continue. (And I have played many other titles that had the dreaded sandbox features, but this one has a terrible story flow because of it...which ruined the immersion for me). This title at it's present state needs a proper walk thorough. Not knowing what's behind the story choices, meant I was easily missing out on important intimate content. To the point where I was forced to constantly look into the game image folders, just to see if and what I missed with each choice made.

An example of the scenes...The forest trip with V,...or the limo ride BJ, to name a few examples of missed intimate scenes I later found looking in the image folders. And I realize there is a hint section (though, oddly structured), it just didn't work effectively for me to want to continue with this title, if I'm still being forced keep checking the image folders for potential missed content.

Well, I'll check back later to see if the VN path becomes a better experience, because the sandbox feature became a game ender for me. Well, All the best with this project...I hope the next time I try this title...the VN portion will be a better experience. Regards.

Reactions: OLD7TaZz

Antuuthu

Nov 2, 2018
Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev] Walkthrough/Gallery Unlocker Mod

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

DOWNLOAD MOD:
Updating​
Is this going to actually be updated or going to be stuck at Updating for another week?

Nov 25, 2023
Is this going to actually be updated or going to be stuck at Updating for another week?
judging by their profile, hasnt been active for a month so wouldnt hold my breath, you can either use URM or open and read the .rpy files located in /game/characters/ "insert said character's name here" / "insert said charactername here" event.rpy
if you choose the latter just know "lib" means libby and "mel" is short for the landlady character

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
judging by their profile, hasnt been active for a month so wouldnt hold my breath, you can either use URM or open and read the .rpy files located in /game/characters/ "insert said character's name here" / "insert said charactername here" event.rpy
if you choose the latter just know "lib" means libby and "mel" is short for the landlady character
Well, Libby being "lib" is correct. However, Mel is Libby's best friend, and Libby's mom (the "landlady") is actually Victoria.

fantom2u

Mar 14, 2018
He's been on the site as recently as today, but he hasn't communicated for a long while. I wish he'd just communicate what's up. This VN has been out for over a month now. If he doesn't plan to continue that is fine, but he should let us know. IMO

Reactions: methusalix55

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Dosn`t Pennys butt look odd to you ??? Here are allso some renders, that look odd to me, Victoria (Tall, egg head and thin legs), then again Libby (her head) and then Mel (Head) ??
It's a camera trick. The idea is to make it look like you the MC is standing in between them. There's definitely nothing wrong with the render sizes.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Well, Libby being "lib" is correct. However, Mel is Libby's best friend, and Libby's mom (the "landlady") is actually Victoria.
So seeing as you're working with the Dev do you know if there's an actual main storyline laid out or just a compilations of side stories with side characters?

Also, the suggestions makes it seems like there will potentially be multiple writers having input on where the story goes. Question is is that wise considering the writing styles of others?

• Hey there
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So seeing as you're working with the Dev do you know if there's an actual main storyline laid out or just a compilations of side stories with side characters?
There's definitely a primary plot going on. In summary, the primary plot that's been revealed so far is:
Also, the suggestions makes it seems like there will potentially be multiple writers having input on where the story goes. Question is is that wise considering the writing styles of others?
I don't know all of the details PHiL (the dev) plans for that, so I can't say anything with any degree of certainty. However, as far as I'm aware, I'll continue doing all of the proofreading, which means that any writing would go through me and be flavored with my writing voice still. So it would still be the writing of PHiL (or anyone else brought onboard, if that happens), but the English writing will hopefully feel at least somewhat unified because of my touches throughout.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.18.9.1 + WT/Gal by BrandyYT

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Pixeldrain
Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 204 MB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Where's the rest of this game?
Was looking good!
I work with the dev, PHiL, when he has new stuff for me to proofread for a release. He been busy but hasn't finished the next update yet. That said, it's only been 3 months since the last release, and that's included things like my being sick, the end-of-year holidays, and other RL issues. We appreciate your patience.

Reactions: Daiqvist

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
no heels job i presume? or scenes with heels?
Not quite. There are several women with heels, but the focus is more on the women's feet rather than their heels. (There are some shots of the women's feet in heels, but that's not the overall focus.) And actual sexual activity would be some giving footjobs, but there aren't heeljobs. Sorry.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
and if i'm a patreon ?
I'm not sure, TBH. Although I do work with him a lot, I'm not the developer, so I don't decide on content to come in the game. But you can always ask. I'd recommend joining the Discord server (the link on the OP should still be good, I believe) and asking PHiL there. He definitely could use the support on Patreon, so I could see him considering it at a minimum. Personally, I could imagine scenes with Jane or others giving heeljobs; footjobs aren't that far removed from the kink.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
it dead or what
The dev has told me he still very much wants to continue this game, but right now he's not making almost anything from it: less than $80 / month. He loves the characters in this game, so he definitely hasn't abandoned it. However, he wants to develop full time, so he's focused right now on what I personally think is a superior game (in terms of quality and story); that would be the other game. With Horizon Nexus, he's already making between 50% to 75% of what he has made on Sweet Times, and that's after only 1 month of that game's release (vs. the 3 years that this game has been released).

I am still the proofreader and a play tester for both games, so I am keeping tabs on things and will pass any news I find on to you all here. For now, I believe this should be flagged as On Hold. I don't own the thread, though, nor am I the developer, so I don't think I can get the label applied to this thread unless PHiL makes an official statement about it. Regardless of what you might see here on F95Zone, however, this game is not abandoned.

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes