4.20 star(s) 84 Votes
May 9, 2020
I tried using search to find out the solution to this, but I believe I ran into a bug.

After Kirito recovers from his cold somewhat Suguha comes over, talks about moving in with Kirito, and then goes online in FOG to study with Asuna in the main guest living room space. For some reason immediately after Inohda shows up, asking if they plan on logging off already because he's late due to bullying or whatever. After that it switches to a type of bugged/ glitched out free roam with the character invisible and I can't seem to interact with anything and all I can do is open the in-game menu. Kinda hard to navigate the house with an insivible character but y'know, I tried to figure something out.

So this seems to possibly be a bug that happens in patch 31 maybe? I'm currently on 32, or it could be a bug in v30? I have no idea as I believe this might be in the process of transitioning between Chapter 2 to Chapter 3.

Any ideas?

May 9, 2020
It is a known bug in the current version. You can skip the part causing the issue with "w" key to when Inoda starts talking again.
Can't skip it with W, as soon as he starts talking again I hit W, then the dialog ends. It just leaves me with an invisible character basically free roaming.

May 9, 2020
It is a known bug in the current version. You can skip the part causing the issue with "w" key to when Inoda starts talking again.
In fact I think I know what is causing the problem here. The game seems to think there is an object blocking Inohda's pathing and it's not counting all the steps he has to take to reach Asuna & Kirito's tile location so he stops short.

Forced skipping the entire scene I guess fixes the problem but in either case as soon as it "lags" as he enters the room, it acts as if there's an object stopping Inohda's progression so it he stops one step too soon. Skipping the entire dialog seems to force Inohda to ignore the invisible object blocking his path so it's a bug with its own bug that solves its own problem. It's missing an event trigger following that pathing where Inohda stops.

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
Does anybody have full save for latest version? The save that was uploaded isn't full

Last edited:

Pepega_Gunner

May 9, 2023
Just started the .32 version, does it end right after defeating the pigeon and going to the backroom? Because I can't get out of there

yudea256

Jul 9, 2021
How i can move the barrel? I press space but no work, i see your saves but every save let me problems idk if is for version or for what. Im playing 0.311

May 9, 2020
Just started the .32 version, does it end right after defeating the pigeon and going to the backroom? Because I can't get out of there
I believe if you're in the recollection room and there's a pigeon, that's the end of the update so far to my knowledge. I just finished to that point as well and since I can't interact with that swirling black mass to leave I'm assuming that's the end of the current version.

I think honestly what I'd really prefer & like to see is some better map expansions and an expansion for more free roam. Like, I don't think it's necessary to lock the player out of the swimming/ gym school area for every day only allowing access to the gym if it's Wednesday -- you'd think that the swim club, basketball clubs would at least be practicing so I'd argue these areas should be opened up. The overworld in general for that matter should be opened up.

If the hint tells me that Asuna is at her house for that matter as another example why the map should be more open to free roam, then I should be able to exit whatever map I happen to be on at that time and be able to visit the rich/ upper class district of the map and scope around.

Regarding to FOG, I should be able to access/ log in & log out at my discretion without it being left for the end of the day to close out the day, I want that to be free roam accessible and the day shouldn't end unless & until I decide that I want it to by interacting with the bed. Interacting with Kirito's bed should give two options, access FOG & Sleep till morning.

I know this game is still in a very early stage & all that jazz but I hope that's what the Dev does in future updates. I have always heavily disliked forced linear story telling restricting access to free roam forcing a focus on the main story. I don't mind it, but, Asuna is not the only character and it's very clear that Asuna is not the only girl being corrupted. So, more attention to some side events would also be nice.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020
What I mean is, I wish I was even remotely half as talented as the dev of this game. There's so many things I would do if I could & had the confidence to make my own game, I would have a project about as big as this one for at least a year now if I did. I'd love to develop a game that even I would play.

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
I believe if you're in the recollection room and there's a pigeon, that's the end of the update so far to my knowledge. I just finished to that point as well and since I can't interact with that swirling black mass to leave I'm assuming that's the end of the current version.

I think honestly what I'd really prefer & like to see is some better map expansions and an expansion for more free roam. Like, I don't think it's necessary to lock the player out of the swimming/ gym school area for every day only allowing access to the gym if it's Wednesday -- you'd think that the swim club, basketball clubs would at least be practicing so I'd argue these areas should be opened up. The overworld in general for that matter should be opened up.

If the hint tells me that Asuna is at her house for that matter as another example why the map should be more open to free roam, then I should be able to exit whatever map I happen to be on at that time and be able to visit the rich/ upper class district of the map and scope around.

Regarding to FOG, I should be able to access/ log in & log out at my discresion without it being left for the end of the day to close out the day, I want that to be free roam accessible and the day shouldn't end unless & until I decide that I want it to by interacting with the bed. Interacting with Kirito's bed should give two options, access FOG & Sleep till morning.

I know this game is still in a very early stage & all that jazz but I hope that's what the Dev does in future updates. I have always heavily disliked forced linear story telling restricting access to free roam forcing a focus on the main story. I don't mind it, but, Asuna is not the only character and it's very clear that Asuna is not the only girl being corrupted. So, more attention to some side events would also be nice.
That would be a very different game. Personally, I find your ideas interesting, but Fujino has never done sandbox games. So, I guess it will stay as it is. He even got rid of the few free-roam sections we had in part 1.

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius
May 9, 2020
That would be a very different game. Personally, I find your ideas interesting, but Fujino has never done sandbox games. So, I guess it will stay as it is. He even got rid of the few free-roam sections we had in part 1.
I noticed that as well because I could've sworn there was more free roam in part 1 a few months ago but I guess they got scrapped.

I really need to get over my lack of confidence that I could make a good game. Like, why do tile sets have to be so complicated and look so bad compared to what I envisioned? Part of that is because I haven't done any paralax lighting effects yet but that shouldn't stop the maps tile sets from looking good before adding shaders for a more "rustic" vibe feeling. I'm never satisfied with what I try.

Making these games is difficult so I really respect the amount of work & effort that goes in to creating good maps.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
I noticed that as well because I could've sworn there was more free roam in part 1 a few months ago but I guess they got scrapped.

I really need to get over my lack of confidence that I could make a good game. Like, why do tile sets have to be so complicated and look so bad compared to what I envisioned? Part of that is because I haven't done any paralax lighting effects yet but that shouldn't stop the maps tile sets from looking good before adding shaders for a more "rustic" vibe feeling. I'm never satisfied with what I try.

Making these games is difficult so I really respect the amount of work & effort that goes in to creating good maps.
The thing is that most people who followed the game/commented on his sites didn't really care much for the 'free roam' aspect because it was essentially 'filler', it followed a bunch of NPCs/OCs created just so there were H-scenes/NTR available while the main story was progressing, but a lot of people wanted just more of the main story of Fujino decided to do away with all the NPCs and instead focus just on the actual Canon SAO characters in Part 2, which felt a little abrupt.

...the issue is that a lot of people started bitching out MORE than before thanks to his choice, because unlike the easy-to-discard NPC plots that were short and random Fujino actually wanted to make full stories and long plots for the actual SAO characters being used even as 'side-stuff', which slowed down the main story much more than before, which combined with the 'soft-reset' approach he took for the beginning of Part 2 and the serious personal problems he had between the end of Part 1 and the beginning of Part 2 made the game go back and forth for quite a while :O

oozaru2023

Apr 10, 2023
The thing is that most people who followed the game/commented on his sites didn't really care much for the 'free roam' aspect because it was essentially 'filler', it followed a bunch of NPCs/OCs created just so there were H-scenes/NTR available while the main story was progressing, but a lot of people wanted just more of the main story of Fujino decided to do away with all the NPCs and instead focus just on the actual Canon SAO characters in Part 2, which felt a little abrupt.

...the issue is that a lot of people started bitching out MORE than before thanks to his choice, because unlike the easy-to-discard NPC plots that were short and random Fujino actually wanted to make full stories and long plots for the actual SAO characters being used even as 'side-stuff', which slowed down the main story much more than before, which combined with the 'soft-reset' approach he took for the beginning of Part 2 and the serious personal problems he had between the end of Part 1 and the beginning of Part 2 made the game go back and forth for quite a while :O
I will tell you that you are right and at the same time you are not:
As we know, Fujino said that part 1 had its own ending or the end of a stage and that part 2 began as a reboot but with implications from the past.That is why the corruption started so slowly because it also included the rest of the characters that had the same connection with the original plot as suguha klein alice etc.With that, we already had an idea that at some point there was going to be a day of cuckito reflection, which was the previous update to this one, but that helped the plot with the participation of Suguha playing with him while he slept.Fujino Sensei already had his vision and the path he would take, but some Patreon or pay Chinese fans who love to pull their guts fast didn't like that part, they wanted Inoda to destroy Asuna, They didn't give a shit about the construction of the story and like most They are the ones who fill the fujino pot He had to pay attention to them yes or yes, even if he says later that there is no problem, the most likely thing is that he screwed up what he had planned to do and I tried to make it as understandable as possible, it's as if he would say, look, I didn't like your latest shit, but like me I pay you you must change it,I don't know what it will be like from now on but I'm sure the problem will happen again.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 84 Votes