4.20 star(s) 83 Votes

Saltimaweapon

Mar 19, 2019
since Fujino's ci-en and patreon have been purged. can someone make a collection of all of their unfinished projects?

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
If you seriously dont think the amount of years of hard work and dev time that Venus has done counts for anything you are genuinely fucking stupid. You're comparing a veteran doujin group that's been active longer than most people on this website have been alive to a single guy who has been doing this for like three years. Not to mention discounting the different art styles and intentions with their works.
The amount of years and hard work are irrelevant. All that matters is the end product. You could have 10 banger games but if your last 3 bomb you go out of business. Reputation will get somone in your doors, but it wont keep them if they dont enjoy your latest works.

Reactions: Mau5taticDead

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Part 2 will be in sandbox version or LN ?? And will there be a remake of part 1 in LN version ??
Every preview picture for Part 2 has shown it to be the same style as Part 1. So it is almost guaranteed Part 2 will be sandbox like Part 1.

Since the dev has never made a LN style game, it is unlikely he will remake the game in LN style. Maybe someone else can remake the game using Ren'py engine. With permission of course.

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
The amount of years and hard work are irrelevant. All that matters is the end product. You could have 10 banger games but if your last 3 bomb you go out of business. Reputation will get somone in your doors, but it wont keep them if they dont enjoy your latest works.
Yeah man there's loads of new devs out here just pumping out great products with no prior experience!

• Angry
Reactions: LordFrz

hi5kba

Apr 23, 2021
Some people may disagree…
This is purely my opinion - take this criticism with a pinch of salt

I wish the Dev stuck with the standard Art style.
I feel that the animated koikatsu assets actually subtracts from the value of the game.

at current the only game Draw for me is the story and premise behind it.

the idea is good, however theres No real motive behind the plot. As an SAO game you would expect at least some of evil deed to be happening. When part two lands it may asnwer

NTR progression I feel is quite fast most of the time which makes game immersion pretty much none existent. Not to mention character depictions are totally out of character.

Art

as stated the current art sucks and is clearly generated in one form or another. Character proportions are clearly cracked up from the start so much so that it’s laughable when compared to other SAO games both fan made and official.

it’s great the dev is trying be unique and I don’t mind playing it just because it’s funny. And giving feedback where applicable.

Rating
Would I spend money on this as a consumer?
Probably not unless I was after some light comedic entertainment.
Until the art is sorted and some questions are answered in game
3 / 10

Art - Limited effort / creative spark put in. Static AI images in my opinion do a better job at it and pixiv has a mountain in the SAO category.
Clearly generated with minimal input other than by sliders. Character posing is also probably done by or has been assisted the same generation tool across all characters.
2 / 10

Story / Plot - at current to much is un-answered so I can’t really give a over all score as it’s unclear and unfinished but at minimum

Current Total Score 3 / 10

Expected Final Score 6 /

(once finished if some of things mentioned are taken into accounts. I don’t expect them to change any of the art etc)

I would totally love to hear other people’s opinion on this.
I also don’t mind being contacted directly if dev so desires to run though things.
(English only sorry)

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022

I feel that the animated koikatsu assets actually subtracts from the value of the game.

the idea is good, however theres No real motive behind the plot. As an SAO game you would expect at least some of evil deed to be happening. When part two lands it may asnwer

NTR progression I feel is quite fast most of the time which makes game immersion pretty much none existent. Not to mention character depictions are totally out of character.

Art

as stated the current art sucks and is clearly generated in one form or another. Character proportions are clearly cracked up from the start so much so that it’s laughable when compared to other SAO games both fan made and official.

it’s great the dev is trying be unique and I don’t mind playing it just because it’s funny. And giving feedback where applicable.

Rating
3 / 10

Art - Limited effort / creative spark put in. Static AI images in my opinion do a better job at it and pixiv has a mountain in the SAO category.
Clearly generated with minimal input other than by sliders. Character posing is also probably done by or has been assisted the same generation tool across all characters.
2 / 10

Story / Plot - at current to much is un-answered so I can’t really give a over all score as it’s unclear and unfinished but at minimum

Expected Final Score 6 /

(once finished if some of things mentioned are taken into accounts. I don’t expect them to change any of the art etc)

I also don’t mind being contacted directly if dev so desires to run though things.
(English only sorry)
I highly doubt this game would exist without koikatsu, sure he may be able to get someone do make 2d cg now, but not when he started. The 3d cg allowed him to create scenes that he may not have been able to otherwise. And I disagree with AI being better images than koikatsu. Your assessment of limited effort because its a 3d scene creator is just plain wrong. It still takes time, and if you have seen a bunch of koikatsu you would know it can look super bad and janky.

I highly doubt the art will change from 3d, so this will probably not ever be somthing you really enjoy. He would probably also get a lot of hate if he changed it, look at any game that changes art styles, even if the new stuff is subjectively better, people hate change.

But you can not like the art that is valid, but to call it less effort is just wrong.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019

Art

Rating
3 / 10

2 / 10

Expected Final Score 6 /

(English only sorry)
That is a valid opinion. I could agree with you on everything except the art. The art was made using Koikatsu so it is a easy and quick way for people who can't draw to make pictures and videos. Without it we would have hand draw characters that may or may not look like the original artstyle.

You should write a review for the game to save your opinions.

Reactions: LordFrz
Apr 5, 2022
man, this game is really missing so much, when and if it comes back, I'll have to play part 1 again, it certainly won't have the same feeling but it's something. No NTR I've played after that game looks good, it's like Fujino has set a standard of quality for what a good NTR game is and it has a lot of characteristics, his creativity to create the hidden NTR in Kirito's vision is almost perfect, he blends this has a feeling of trying to hide the obvious from Kirito and also from the player at times and this is done with some mastery. Knowing this and the fact that the game will have two routes, one netorare Hidden as it is now and another netorase, I hope that Fujino maintains the quality in terms of occult NTR, because unfortunately many authors do not have the skill or creativity / resources to do this.

hi5kba

Apr 23, 2021
I highly doubt this game would exist without koikatsu, sure he may be able to get someone do make 2d cg now, but not when he started. The 3d cg allowed him to create scenes that he may not have been able to otherwise. And I disagree with AI being better images than koikatsu. Your assessment of limited effort because its a 3d scene creator is just plain wrong. It still takes time, and if you have seen a bunch of koikatsu you would know it can look super bad and janky.

I highly doubt the art will change from 3d, so this will probably not ever be somthing you really enjoy. He would probably also get a lot of hate if he changed it, look at any game that changes art styles, even if the new stuff is subjectively better, people hate change.

But you can not like the art that is valid, but to call it less effort is just wrong.
as I did state at the start it’s my personal opinion. I know, used (whilst testing out applications for my own projects) and have seen how how bad and Janky Koikatsu is.
I also did say that I didn’t expect the dev to up change it either.
Just that it doesn’t do the game any justice.
I’ll be sure to make it clear in the review section

That is a valid opinion. I could agree with you on everything except the art. The art was made using Koikatsu so it is a easy and quick way for people who can't draw to make pictures and videos. Without it we would have hand draw characters that may or may not look like the original artstyle.

You should write a review for the game to save your opinions.
Totally missed the review section. Well gotta correct that.

Scratch that I can’t post in the review section at all. Probably because I haven’t interacted / posted or have enough karma etc.
Unless I’m missing something stupid…

Last edited:

ViihX

Apr 27, 2021
No NTR I've played after that game looks good, it's like Fujino has set a standard of quality for what a good NTR game is and it has a lot of characteristics, his creativity to create the hidden NTR in Kirito's vision is almost perfect
I can still appreciate other NTR works, but I kind of understand it when you talk about Fujino raising the bar after you played his games.

Reactions: Toushiro

oozaru2023

Apr 10, 2023
Fujino's games are simple, they are not those complicated games that are not challenging and don't expect a great quality like other titles, I just hope he finishes the other works he left pending.

Reactions: NickFn092
4.20 star(s) 83 Votes