4.10 star(s) 92 Votes

4-kun

Oct 14, 2018
Then go play something else? Maybe not a NTR game? Why do people always try to change the main theme of the game into something it is not.

NTR is already niche and hard enough to find.
1613 titles is not what I would call niche, tbh :LOL:

LordFrz

Engaged Member
Oct 21, 2022
There was one NTR doujin I found particularly interesting in which a woman got "cucked" by the new neighbor next to them. It started out as an NTR, but progressed into a story in which the reader rooted for the heroine to get stolen away from her boyfriend. This was because throughout the story, it is revealed that the boyfriend is a terrible person who talked behind her back and degraded her to his friends, while the bull was an incredibly sweet person who cared for the woman. In this sense, the NTR becomes justified and transitions into a case of loyalty being punished and infidelity being rewarded.

This SAO parody is great in that there is a lot of potential that Fujino has set up because of how meticulous the build up has been. Now can SAO pull off a similar scenario as unique as what I've outlined above? Probably not. Inoda has already been portrayed as an irredeemable antagonist, and any attempt to portray him in a positive light in a vacuum would be going against the narrative Fujino has been writing. In addition, Kirito wouldn't be the type to cheat on Asuna, at least canonically.

With how Fujino has been pushing the dual "corruption" of Kirito between both Liz and Suguha, I'd be interested in knowing if people would begin to justify Asuna cheating with a more caring Inoda if Kirito indulged in other women of his own volition, or if that would ruin the NTR fantasy that's been happening up to this point.
I lost interest in Turni9ng the Pgae for basically that reason. I don't want the girl to have a happy ending with a better guy. I don't want the MC to find a better girl in the end. I want everybody except the bull to have a shitty ending tbh.

LordFrz

Engaged Member
Oct 21, 2022
While I also like Fujino's experiments and especially how he directs the genre narrative—it's probably what interests me most in the game and keeps me playing it—I personally am not into the main story because there are some really story-breaking issues that I can't overlook. To name a few: the admin's restrictions on Kirito, which make him literally unable to build up suspicion; the overforced favoritism of Inoda; and the "VR is not real" aspect, which breaks the main foundation of SAO.

Btw, I don't want to start arguing about it (again), but I wanted to share a partially opposed opinion. ;)
I think adding the suspicion and cuckhold bars was dumb, he doesn't even utilize for much them and he should just scrap the idea. I also don't like the admin idea either, it makes it seem like there is no free with for Kirito. I am ok with the VR aspect, but I don't really get an NTR feel from it because its not "real" its like a dream sequence almost. But its fine for in initial build up and just having scenes randomly. But I want more NTR stuff to be outside the VR.

Kiri-Be

Jun 18, 2018
1613 titles is not what I would call niche, tbh :LOL:
Eh. Look at how many other games there are for other genres it is still very much niche. Just a popular niche. Also how many of these 1613 titles are completed and how many of these completed works are actually good? We probably go from 1600 to around 50 if at all.

4.10 star(s) 92 Votes