tsod

Feb 22, 2022
I would never blame a fellow Linux-User!
View attachment 3980846
I assume that it's a driver-issue.
Such a coincidence, that I work for a company that makes graphics cards (the green one).
I think I've compiled a list of the codecs I have installed:

• aom
  • apper
  • codec2
  • ffmpeg/libavcodec
  • ffmpeg/libavutil
  • flac
  • kcodecs/libkf5codecs
  • libavif
  • libde265
  • libdv
  • liblc3
  • libtheora
  • libvorbis
  • libvpx
  • libwebp
  • mpv
  • openexr
  • opus
  • rust-rav1e
  • speex
  • speexdsp
  • svt-av1
  • wavpack
  • xvidcore
I also forgot that I have ffmpeg, avidemux and Haruna Media Player installed and your original movies work in all installed video players.

Not sure if that gets us any closer or further away.

Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
View attachment 3980840
This project is starting to get on my nerves!
VP8 should work on every device.
AV1 is new and more demanding.
Yes baby!! I was able to access my friends PC powerful enough to actually run the HD mod. Everything works on the PC, everything loads perfectly! I didn’t need to get into weak systems - I was just checking the error from the post, and as a result, I myself became the creator of some kind of unnecessary panic. Once again, forgive me for this iGooseman. At least on my side the horizon is clear. I think we can open the champagne and finally...

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
Yes baby!! I was able to access my friends PC powerful enough to actually run the HD mod. Everything works on the PC, everything loads perfectly! I didn’t need to get into weak systems - I was just checking the error from the post, and as a result, I myself became the creator of some kind of unnecessary panic. Once again, forgive me for this iGooseman. At least on my side the horizon is clear. I think we can open the champagne and finally...
I think it's a driver issue.
Many Notebooks never recieve good driver-updates after release.
Especially Onboard GPUs. I'm looking at you Intel!
You can try modded drivers. I know that many people mod our drivers to make them compatible with notebooks or older GPUs.

Reactions: Borlandsmen

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
I think I've compiled a list of the codecs I have installed:

• aom
  • apper
  • codec2
  • ffmpeg/libavcodec
  • ffmpeg/libavutil
  • flac
  • kcodecs/libkf5codecs
  • libavif
  • libde265
  • libdv
  • liblc3
  • libtheora
  • libvorbis
  • libvpx
  • libwebp
  • mpv
  • openexr
  • opus
  • rust-rav1e
  • speex
  • speexdsp
  • svt-av1
  • wavpack
  • xvidcore
I also forgot that I have ffmpeg, avidemux and Haruna Media Player installed and your original movies work in all installed video players.

Not sure if that gets us any closer or further away.
I'm not sure what it is.
If you had told me that AV1 wouldn't work for you, I would have believed it.
AV1 is more demanding, not every system and GPU support it.
Maybe it's a combination of everything.
Linux-Distro, RPGM, Drivers etc.

Apart from multiplayer shooters, I could actually play everything on Linux.
Most of the time it was only due to copy protection.
But since SotS doesn't have anything like that...
thinking-overthinking.gif

tsod

Feb 22, 2022
I'm not sure what it is.
If you had told me that AV1 wouldn't work for you, I would have believed it.
AV1 is more demanding, not every system and GPU support it.
Maybe it's a combination of everything.
Linux-Distro, RPGM, Drivers etc.

Apart from multiplayer shooters, I could actually play everything on Linux.
Most of the time it was only due to copy protection.
But since SotS doesn't have anything like that...
View attachment 3981631
I couldn't tell you either. Since there wasn't a Linux version of the game to download, I had to download the Windows version and run it through Wine, but it wasn't working. In fact, after a few minutes the black screen was replaced with another error "Error: Failed to initialize graphics". So, I downloaded an updated version of nwjs (Linux version) and was able to play the original game as a Linux version, which was okay. Then you announced an HD mod and I downloaded that. The rest is history.

j3sty

Oct 20, 2017
After finishing the latest update NLT is in my opinion lowering the bar severely compared to the former games. So far you are running around like crazy, collecting stuff, buying presents for girls to get some kind of bootycall shitscenes. Flirt, presents sex..... I have seen this enough for the entire game now.

Totally no story building. Or even close to story building. This is not my piece of cake. Hope it will get better in next updates.

Also the game is power hungry. The fan of my graphic card is running max during the game.
Yeah I was going to say this but luckily checked the previous posts and saw you mention it already. This game just isn't up to par yet. The combat is pretty bad honestly, just busywork and not fun at all. Same with these presents for the girls, it's not fun to do (like solving a puzzle) and then you get a lame scene at the end. I truly hope the game improves but I don't like the direction it's taking at all. I'd rather have good context and dialog then these shitty scenes.

Reactions: iGooseman and Jafo

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
I agree with your logic.

Weve learnt from ToN that NLT is a fan of Indiana Jones / Tomb Raider. Meaning he probably likes the Mummy film series.
Cleopatra would make the most sense based on her appearance and the style / theme so far.
New theory: In Jewish lore powerful fallen Archangel Samael had four wives: Lilith, Naamah, Eisheth Zenunim, and Agrat bat Mahlat. Samael is ambiguous figure, sometime good other time adversary and destroyer like prototype Satan, who appears several times in esoteric Garden of Eden story engineering fall (or liberation) of Adam and Eve with serpent help. So maybe tomb with serpents contain remains of Samael and his wives are trying to bring him back for some purpose. Already Lilith and Agrat appear in story with Lilith claim superiority over Agrat as her "elder". Possibly Empusa and unnamed lady recline like Cleopatra are really other two of Samael wives, Eisheth and Naamah, with eventually four wives together set to ressurect husband Samael and lead demonkind to resume war against heaven.

Also in last chapter of SotS Empusa say outskirts south of city of Escovia was once "Land of Nod" which was the godless land east of Eden Cain was exiled to after murdering brother Abel. So in SotS story Eden must have been west of the city (outskirts west direction) and I reckon Garden of Eden legend will be a part of SotS story later in some way. The game is called the Symphony of the Serpent and maybe the "Serpent" in game title turn out to be the serpent who tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Maybe Samael is serpent in SotS story although lore says serpent was separate entity of sometime considered fallen angel Samael.

Or maybe Cain remains are in tomb.

Who knows?

Lots of maybes but fun to speculate for me anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Borlandsmen

Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
Who knows?

Lots of maybes but fun to speculate for me anyway.
Wow!! Just as I enjoyed reading your thoughts on this matter.. Compared to your version, our thoughts about possible sources of inspiration for NLT are baby talk)
But as you rightly said above, any discussion about what is happening in the game brings pleasure.

BoobaFoot

Mar 24, 2022
Hmmmm
Don't get these two after following the walkthrough

1725183891974.png

Edit

Noras attrction only goes to halfway, according to Walkthrough should fill after chatting/flirting/gifts. No first heart or sex option opened

1725185197237.png
Any help appreciated, cheers

Last edited:

lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021
Heard the upcoming update is about main story progression,
who are the girls we're going to get scenes with in the update to come?

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
Hmmmm
Don't get these two after following the walkthrough

View attachment 3989056

Edit

Noras attrction only goes to halfway, according to Walkthrough should fill after chatting/flirting/gifts. No first heart or sex option opened

View attachment 3989078
Any help appreciated, cheers
Gifts are for Appreciation
Stats are for Attraction

You need to raise your stats, not sure what INT and CHA is needed, but STR needs to be 3

3.20 star(s) 37 Votes