Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
I converted them again with non HD-Codec.
The game launched successfully...But I can’t understand why I get a black screen when I select “new game”. This may be because today I am on a very weak computer that cannot handle a long intro. :unsure: The original works on this system.

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
The game launched successfully...But I can’t understand why I get a black screen when I select “new game”. This may be because today I am on a very weak computer that cannot handle a long intro. :unsure: The original works on this system.
Like the other HD Mods. I use a Intel N100 (Win11) for testing.
It's the weakest PC I have and this MiniPC runs a DNS-Server alongside. I had no issues. :unsure:

Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
Like the other HD Mods. I use a Intel N100 (Win11) for testing.
It's the weakest PC I have and this MiniPC runs a DNS-Server alongside. I had no issues. :unsure:
I now realized that it was a problem on my part...after I waited a little, the video appeared, a little slow. This is a weakness of the system, which showed the same symptoms as in other HD mods. Everything is fine.;)

tsod

Feb 22, 2022
Don't celebrate yet. I replaced the two you posted earlier and now the game works up to the title screen, but as Borlandsmen mentioned I too am getting a black screen when selecting New Game. I have a pretty okay computer and I even let it alone for 10+ minutes and still no error or anything else. Just a black screen. I also don't know if the game creates a log file (and where it might be located) that I can look at to get more info on the problem. I suspect my computer doesn't like the HD-codec encoded ones, but I can play them just fine on a video player, but for some reason the game doesn't like them.

Is there any information I need to send you that may help figure out this problem, or am I stuck with the stock videos?

Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
Don't celebrate yet. I replaced the two you posted earlier and now the game works up to the title screen, but as Borlandsmen mentioned I too am getting a black screen when selecting New Game. I have a pretty okay computer and I even let it alone for 10+ minutes and still no error or anything else. Just a black screen. I also don't know if the game creates a log file (and where it might be located) that I can look at to get more info on the problem. I suspect my computer doesn't like the HD-codec encoded ones, but I can play them just fine on a video player, but for some reason the game doesn't like them.

Is there any information I need to send you that may help figure out this problem, or am I stuck with the stock videos?
This means that there is still some problem. I thought it was just my system.:confused:
I didn't want to mislead anyone. I'm also wondering what it could be.

Last edited:

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
This means that there is still some problem. I thought it was just my system.:confused:
I didn't want to mislead anyone. I'm also wondering what it could be.
I've downloaded the F95-Version and the Mod from here.
Extracted and replaced everyting.
Game starts without issues.
I even used a AMD-MiniPC with only 2GB VRAM this time.

Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
Are you Mac or Linux user?
While I'm not at home. Therefore, I take a very old laptop with me.
Although this thing still handled mods from previous 2k games. But in this mod the resolution was not raised. Well, should there be such anomalies with a black screen?

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
While I'm not at home. Therefore, I take a very old laptop with me.
Although this thing still handled mods from previous 2k games. But in this mod the resolution was not raised. Well, should there really be such anomalies?
Which Media-Player do you use?
Can you install MPC-BE?

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
I tested on my wifes GamingPC (Win11/AMD5800XD/RTX4070).
Again no issues.
I could be Codec- or Driver-Issue.
The F95-Version installs none of the required codecs.

Last edited:

Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
Which Media-Player do you use?
Can you install MPC-BE?
I was left with this long pause with a black screen. In fact, I needed to check this, having a good computer... with ancient technologies in my hands, I cannot say for sure about anything.

tsod

Feb 22, 2022
I've downloaded the F95-Version and the Mod from here.
Extracted and replaced everyting.
Game starts without issues.
I even used a AMD-MiniPC with only 2GB VRAM this time.
I too did the same thing as you, but I get that error I mentioned earlier. If I replace the Logo and Title with your non-HD version, the game starts at least, but I don't know if anything is happening after starting a new game.

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
I don't know if you needed my info too, but I use Linux so my go to media player is VLC.
VLC is great; but it doesn't install any codecs.
Why can't this stupid game use MP4-Files?
It worked great in TON and TGO.
NLT uses Webm-Files with an old VP8-Codec.

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
I must have some codecs installed too, since VLC will plays those HD movies.
VP8 is decoded in software.
I rendered the Logo and Title in VP9.
VP9 has hardware-acceleration.
Here is the Intro with VP9:
Beware VP9 will look like :poop:.
Here is the Intro with AV1 (better codec):

Last edited:

tsod

Feb 22, 2022
VP8 is decoded in software.
I rendered the Logo and Title in VP9.
VP9 has hardware-acceleration.
Here is the Intro with VP9:
Beware VP9 will look like :poop:.
Here is the Intro with AV1 (better codec):
The AV1 version works fine in-game. I can get through the intro video. However, once I get to Woodstead, then the black screen returns, but I can still hear the background music. I had also noticed during the scenes leading up to this, there was a footer and dialog, but no video above. I suspect it's choking on the other video files as well.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 37 Votes