AnonimeGamer

May 8, 2017
Thanks for your question. It is extremely time-consuming for me to make these videos look good. The raw material is poor and I can't currently use a resolution higher than 1296x768. I have to work with an image where the details are barely visable. I also want to stay true to the vision that NLT had for that scene. For example: In the intro, there's the scene where Lilian does a "superherolanding" and kicks up dust in the process. I have to make sure that the AI doesn't delete the dust. That limits me and my results a lot. I know that RPGM is not the best engine; but it's 2024 and it can display videos in 1920x1080 in 60 FPS for sure.

To repair one minute, my workstation (RTX 4090ti, 32 Cores and a buttload of RAM) has to work 13 minutes under full load. I could simply remove all compression-artefacts, but then all the model-skins look like plastic and many objects lose detail. Of course NLT could do a better job out of the box. Like I said in the TGO HD Mod " Somehow with each iteration of NLT-Games the image-quality gets worse". Maybe NLT is understaffed or it's a lack of expertise idk (founding can't be an issue). I guess to keep the download traffic low, NLT has saved on what has the biggest impact. Every 2 weeks the Patreons download updates or even the whole game.

As someone who works in the gaming industry myself, I can confirm that there were times when everything had to fit on one disc/cartridge. The effort and costs would have increased drastically. You had to order different sleeves to fit 2 discs instead of one, the cover had to be reprinted and there was no discount on the second disc either. But these times are over, at least since the Steam or Xbox 360 era and the costs for download-trafiic have also fallen significantly.
Thank you for your answer :)
As I understand you are doing this for free right? Did you try to contact NLT if you wanted to do that with pay? Because this makes the game undoubtedly better and I think you should be payed for this quality of work. Also this would be very good for the consumers, but maybe NLT doesn't want to pay extra, I dunno:unsure:

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
Thank you for your answer :)
As I understand you are doing this for free right? Did you try to contact NLT if you wanted to do that with pay? Because this makes the game undoubtedly better and I think you should be payed for this quality of work. Also this would be very good for the consumers, but maybe NLT doesn't want to pay extra, I dunno:unsure:
NLT's rules are strict: Do not modify the game-files.
For this reason I can only post the mod here.
I can't do it on Steam because the game is not available in my country and I risk a ban on the Discord-Server.

I'm not gonna lie: I didn't played the game yet.
I asked a friend, who is a patreon, if he could send me the video-files.
I wanted to know, what I have to deal with later.
After seeing the quality of the videos I was shocked (and happy that didn't become a Patreon so soon).
I would have ended up like that character from Huckleberry Finn. Paying money just to paint the fence.

I will consider Patreon again between 20-30%.
By then the development should be much further and maybe something will happen in terms of video quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Borlandsmen

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
I thnk what happened is NLT Media decided to make a bespoke version of RPG Maker, basicly gutted the software and replaced many script etc., with own purpose built code. This took more time than expected and, to keep customer onboard, NLT Media felt obliged to throw customer a bone and release something hence the beta version etc., which never happened before with earlier games. Look like, to me, software and game is being extended together and so game becomes more and more polished like other games. Hardly any story has begun, a handful of characters introduced, and map only recently available etc. Customers were clamouring for new game and NLT Media released SotS too early, maybe not wise in my opinion but is done now and only way for game is up. (y)

Last edited:

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
I thnk what happened is NLT Media decided to make a bespoke version of RPG Maker, basicly gutted the software and replaced many script etc., with own purpose built code. This took more time than expected and, took keep customer onboard, NLT Media felt obliged to throw customer a bone and release something hence the beta version etc., which never happened before with earlier games. Look like, to me, software and game is being extended together and so game becomes more and more polished like other games. Hardly any story has begun, a handful of characters introduced, and map only recently available etc. Customers were clamouring for new game and NLT Media released SotS too early, maybe not wise in my opinion but is done now and only way for game is up. (y)
I agree with you. The game is far less buggy. But we only got some kind of booty call scenes. An in my opinion there is still no story to see. That was different in the former games. I give it my doubt, and hope soon some story building.

Reactions: Abelian

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I thnk what happened is NLT Media decided to make a bespoke version of RPG Maker, basicly gutted the software and replaced many script etc., with own purpose built code. This took more time than expected and, to keep customer onboard, NLT Media felt obliged to throw customer a bone and release something hence the beta version etc., which never happened before with earlier games. Look like, to me, software and game is being extended together and so game becomes more and more polished like other games. Hardly any story has begun, a handful of characters introduced, and map only recently available etc. Customers were clamouring for new game and NLT Media released SotS too early, maybe not wise in my opinion but is done now and only way for game is up. (y)
TL;DR

Short version - NLT is trying to squeeze every last ounce of juice out of RPGM by using highly customized codes. A+ for effort, C- for execution. Game is just starting so give NLT a chance to figure things out squishes the bugs.

That about sums it up?

Reactions: Abelian

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
TL;DR

Short version - NLT is trying to squeeze every last ounce of juice out of RPGM by using highly customized codes. A+ for effort, C- for execution. Game is just starting so give NLT a chance to figure things out squishes the bugs.

That about sums it up?
Yes. NLT Media want to create unique version of RPG Maker with new game engine and underestimated how long project would take. With TGO complete choice was either to bluff and play for time with many unnecessary post-completion updates for TGO, while perfecting SotS game engine and first iteration of game, or drop TGO completely and release buggy imperfect versions of SotS while perfecting new game engine and more polished release versions of game. Is what I think anyway.

JJohns2049

Jul 28, 2024
TL;DR

That about sums it up?
What's wrong with it? It isn't like unity is a much better option, it's slow, takes a lot of time to start, and uses lots of cpu power.

So RPGM if it works, it works... And they are familier with it...

They put out a beta version probably because their interfase was totally new...

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
What's wrong with it? It isn't like unity is a much better option, it's slow, takes a lot of time to start, and uses lots of cpu power.

So RPGM if it works, it works... And they are familier with it...

They put out a beta version probably because their interfase was totally new...
Uhm, can you show me where I said there's something wrong with it? Because I sure as hell can't find it myself, not even within the most deep down recessed psychotic corner of my crazy mind.

Jtcs_507

Jul 4, 2023
I still don't know why all that secrecy for the final LI, Does anyone have any idea why they haven't revealed it yet? Cause I'm starting to think it's someone from a previous game.

Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
I still don't know why all that secrecy for the final LI, Does anyone have any idea why they haven't revealed it yet? Cause I'm starting to think it's someone from a previous game.
I think NLT won't reuse familiar girls in the main story. I'm more than sure that this is a new character. Why wasn't it presented to us? Well, there could be many reasons. As a surprise, for example. But I have an assumption - I already talked about this. Look at this girl from the trailer...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Her clothes are richer, she is not a servant. I think she is the character we were looking for...but who knows)

The spirit of adventure, tombs with bones... it would be stupid not to give the main character (who, by the way, resembles Brendan James Fraser in his youth from the Mummy films)
the opportunity to have fun with a girl (or goddess?) who looks like Cleopatra right on her throne. I would consider this a terrible omission.

Last edited:

tsod

Feb 22, 2022
Symphony of the Serpent - HD Video Mod v.03083

The videos have the same resolution (read info); BUT are in 60FPS, have much more clarity, are color-corrected, have less compression-artifacts and a slightly sharper image. It's only tested on Windows-PCs. MacOS could also work.

Before you start: Please make a backup first (just in case).
The mod will replace video-files in the folder "SotS Gamefolder > movies".

Installation is very simple:
Download the zip-file and extract it into the SotS game-folder and replace the old video-files.
Thats it. You don't need anything else (no engine-updates or mods needed for max. compatibility).

The HD Video Mods for the predecessors can be found here:
Treasure of Nadia - HD Video Mod 1.0117
The Genesis Order - HD Video Mod 1.05

Greetings. I downloaded your mod and installed it, but it did not work. Upon launching it gives me an error
1724920487461.png

I checked to make sure the file was there and it is. I had to replace the movies with the game's originals. Let me know if I did something wrong or you have any questions.

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
I think NLT won't reuse familiar girls in the main story. I'm more than sure that this is a new character. Why wasn't it presented to us? Well, there could be many reasons. As a surprise, for example. But I have an assumption - I already talked about this. Look at this girl from the trailer...
Her clothes are richer, she is not a servant. I think she is the character we were looking for...but who knows)

The spirit of adventure, tombs with bones... it would be stupid not to give the main character (who, by the way, resembles Brendan James Fraser in his youth from the Mummy films)
the opportunity to have fun with a girl (or goddess?) who looks like Cleopatra right on her throne. I would consider this a terrible omission.
In trailer Lampusa shown standing over a sarcophagus saying, "Are you ready?" as if someone resurrecting from tomb with stone serpents. (Snake also shown later slither on floor.) And ancient bandaged figure, like partially unwrapped mummy, shown staggering after. While cannot be Cleopatra, for game set in Osira not Egypt, maybe mystery girl is rejuvenated mummy risen from tomb.

Reactions: Borlandsmen
3.20 star(s) 37 Votes