asomo

May 4, 2020
Hey, downloaded the Mac version of update .03083 of SotS, but no matter how I unZip it, the app says it is too damaged to open. Previous version worked great, not much of a programmer so I couldn’t find whatever might have been the problem in the program files. Any help would be appreciated.

tsod

Feb 22, 2022
Hey, downloaded the Mac version of update .03083 of SotS, but no matter how I unZip it, the app says it is too damaged to open. Previous version worked great, not much of a programmer so I couldn’t find whatever might have been the problem in the program files. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm not a normal Mac user, so I can't say this will work, but. Try to re-install the previous version you had, then using your file browser navigate to where the game is installed and if you can, just update the app.nw folder with the matching folder from the updated zip file.

AnonimeGamer

May 8, 2017
Weekly Report

Rise and shine! In the next chapter of Symphony of the Serpent an action packed day starts with a trip to the governor's mansion. Meet two new lovely ladies and avoid getting caught as you sneak around the bustling Emerald Ridge.
In addition to the new chapter we're also working on some engine updates that will benefit Mac users by moving the save files to user data. Some other slight changes to the game will include some more chests that contain weapons closer to areas with fighting.
We'll also continue to implement changes based on feedback, so keep the feedback coming! In cease you missed it, the survey is .
Thanks for all the support and have a great week!

Aug 8, 2021
Weekly Report

Rise and shine! In the next chapter of Symphony of the Serpent an action packed day starts with a trip to the governor's mansion. Meet two new lovely ladies and avoid getting caught as you sneak around the bustling Emerald Ridge.
In addition to the new chapter we're also working on some engine updates that will benefit Mac users by moving the save files to user data. Some other slight changes to the game will include some more chests that contain weapons closer to areas with fighting.
We'll also continue to implement changes based on feedback, so keep the feedback coming! In cease you missed it, the survey is .
Thanks for all the support and have a great week!
Will we meet Olivia and Anya?

smg2521

Oct 14, 2020
Hi) there is no first scene with Nora. I did everything as in the walkthrough, there is not enough attraction... what is the problem? Thanks)

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
Symphony of the Serpent - HD Video Mod v.03083

The videos have the same resolution (read info); BUT are in 60FPS, have much more clarity, are color-corrected, have less compression-artifacts and a slightly sharper image. It's only tested on Windows-PCs. MacOS could also work.

Before you start: Please make a backup first (just in case).
The mod will replace video-files in the folder "SotS Gamefolder > movies".

Installation is very simple:
Download the zip-file and extract it into the SotS game-folder and replace the old video-files.
Thats it. You don't need anything else (no engine-updates or mods needed for max. compatibility).

The HD Video Mods for the predecessors can be found here:
Treasure of Nadia - HD Video Mod 1.0117
The Genesis Order - HD Video Mod 1.05

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

rereader

Aug 7, 2023
so, they added combats and changed the perspective, and the game became a slideshow on a mobile device. well, nadya was awesome, tgo was nice with the disgusting fat ladies, and this one is goodbye.

AnonimeGamer

May 8, 2017
Symphony of the Serpent - HD Video Mod v.03083

The videos have the same resolution (read info); BUT are in 60FPS, have much more clarity, are color-corrected, have less compression-artifacts and a slightly sharper image. It's only tested on Windows-PCs. MacOS could also work.

Before you start: Please make a backup first (just in case).
The mod will replace video-files in the folder "SotS Gamefolder > movies".

Installation is very simple:
Download the zip-file and extract it into the SotS game-folder and replace the old video-files.
Thats it. You don't need anything else (no engine-updates or mods needed for max. compatibility).

The HD Video Mod for the predecessors can be found here:
Treasure of Nadia - HD Video Mod 1.0117
The Genesis Order - HD Video Mod 1.05

Damn... very nice the scenes are way better to look at now. Great work!
Quick question. Is this hard to do or time consuming? I am asking because I don't understand why this HD quality isn't in the original game

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
Compare to it's first release this game is more playable and the battle sequence is more approchabe. Still the main character is ugly compare to TGO and ToN mc

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
Damn... very nice the scenes are way better to look at now. Great work!
Quick question. Is this hard to do or time consuming? I am asking because I don't understand why this HD quality isn't in the original game
Thanks for your question. It is extremely time-consuming for me to make these videos look good. The raw material is poor and I can't currently use a resolution higher than 1296x768. I have to work with an image where the details are barely visable. I also want to stay true to the vision that NLT had for that scene. For example: In the intro, there's the scene where Lilian does a "superherolanding" and kicks up dust in the process. I have to make sure that the AI doesn't delete the dust. That limits me and my results a lot. I know that RPGM is not the best engine; but it's 2024 and it can display videos in 1920x1080 in 60 FPS for sure.

To repair one minute, my workstation (RTX 4090ti, 32 Cores and a buttload of RAM) has to work 13 minutes under full load. I could simply remove all compression-artefacts, but then all the model-skins look like plastic and many objects lose detail. Of course NLT could do a better job out of the box. Like I said in the TGO HD Mod " Somehow with each iteration of NLT-Games the image-quality gets worse". Maybe NLT is understaffed or it's a lack of expertise idk (founding can't be an issue). I guess to keep the download traffic low, NLT has saved on what has the biggest impact. Every 2 weeks the Patreons download updates or even the whole game.

As someone who works in the gaming industry myself, I can confirm that there were times when everything had to fit on one disc/cartridge. The effort and costs would have increased drastically. You had to order different sleeves to fit 2 discs instead of one, the cover had to be reprinted and there was no discount on the second disc either. But these times are over, at least since the Steam or Xbox 360 era and the costs for download-trafiic have also fallen significantly.

Last edited:

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
No Limits Taboo
LOL
Not these days when they lick patreon asses

they should rename it to PAL
Patreon Ass Limits
I'm guessing that since you're venting your frustration here and not on Patreon, you didn't pay for the game.
In my country of origin, we have a saying: If you pay, you get to play the flute.
Another saying in many countries is: You don't look a gifted horse in the mouth.
The development is only at 3% and nobody forces you to play this game if you don't like it.

Sorry if that sounded rude. It wasn't meant to sound like a personal attack.
There are simply too many unjustified complainers here.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 37 Votes