4.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
That does seem the most common instance. But I don't think that is exactly the problem. It also occurred (that comes to mind) with a guard's "dark helmet", where it would have said "the", or "his", or "their". In such an instance, I don't feel like it really fits your hypothesis.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Well, mistakes are bound to happen. Writing is hard, especially in non-native language. Anyways, there should be less of these type of errors in more recent updates.
The problem with the "it gets better after you play an hour" rationale, whether in terms of writing or visuals, is that any audience you lose in that first hour, will not be there to see the improvement that may come later. From a business perspective, any content creator should be acutely aware that the first minute is more important than the next, and on and on. Because anyone who changes the channel early on, is unlikely to ever return, and far less likely to run to your Patreon page.

The opening scene has that "mistake" at least five times. I pointed this out, after your initial release, yet it clearly has never been addressed. I'm confounded by that, to be honest, as it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to proof-read and correct the early scenes.

Last edited:

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
The problem with the "it gets better after you play an hour" rationale, whether in terms of writing or visuals, is that any audience you lose in that first hour, will not be there to see the improvement that may come later. From a business perspective, any content creator should be acutely aware that the first minute is more important than the next, and on and on. Because anyone who changes the channel early on, is unlikely to ever return, and far less likely to run to your Patreon page.

The opening scene has that "mistake" at least five times. I pointed this out, after your initial release, yet it clearly has never been addressed. I'm confounded by that, to be honest, as it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to proof-read and correct the early scenes.
Good point! I can't seem to find your previous message, though. Anyways, I took the time to go through the whole first scene, fixed the errors and remade a few sentences which I wasn't completely happy with.

By the way, "proofread" is written without hyphen ;)

Reactions: ChopTheHead

bluefintuna

Nov 21, 2022
how will we know when we've reached end of content for 0.36? i think i've reached it but i haven't yet triggered the scene with faeryl and xilana that you posted on reddit so i'm not too sure

Reactions: Mad_Doc

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
You mean the pic with Zoe and Xilana kneeling and collared? That is just a "promo pic" ;) - it's not actually in the game.
The last story event is a break-in into Xilana's home and then you get access to her repeatable scenes - only 2 so far but there will be way more in the subsequent updates since she won a poll I made for patrons.

Reactions: bluefintuna

bluefintuna

Nov 21, 2022
You mean the pic with Zoe and Xilana kneeling and collared? That is just a "promo pic" ;) - it's not actually in the game.
The last story event is a break-in into Xilana's home and then you get access to her repeatable scenes - only 2 so far but there will be way more in the subsequent updates since she won a poll I made for patrons.
ahh, okay for sure. what a teaser of a promo pic haha. the future updates sound exciting! looking forward to more xilana

• Red Heart

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
By the way, "proofread" is written without hyphen ;)
It is true that the most common parlance currently is written as a closed compound (proofread), as it has been traveling the same etymological evolution as all other compounds. Though language is effectively a "social contract", and one could argue that the most popular utilization is the "correct" utilization, it does not inherently make either version grammatically incorrect. I used the more archaic, hyphenated version, to articulate stressing of the verb.

Good luck with your game. (I am fairly sure my previous message was sent privately, as tends to be my preferred means of addressing needed corrections.)

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Anyways, there should be less of these type of errors in more recent updates.
I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen again in the most recent update. I should probably start taking notes and pointing out each time it happens. Even if I can't pinpoint the exact cause, pointing out each little example could work just as well for getting a "feel" for whatever the problem is.

That is just a "promo pic" ;) - it's not actually in the game.
Speaking of which, I forget if I already asked this, but who are the blue-haired girl and girl with the cat ears (or wearing cat ears) from the title card? I was expecting that they'd be some of the first characters we meet. I'm particularly interested in anything you could share about the cat girl. Is she a major character who gets broken down, or "easy prey" who we quickly enslave and then keep around as a maid? Is her state in the title card even accurate to her actual fate in the game, or was it just to show off what characters look like while they're in the process of being controlled? (Kind of like how I don't expect Justine to be kept around as a footstool.)

Also, is there anywhere else to see these promo pics?

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
Speaking of which, I forget if I already asked this, but who are the blue-haired girl and girl with the cat ears (or wearing cat ears) from the title card? I was expecting that they'd be some of the first characters we meet. I'm particularly interested in anything you could share about the cat girl. Is she a major character who gets broken down, or "easy prey" who we quickly enslave and then keep around as a maid? Is her state in the title card even accurate to her actual fate in the game, or was it just to show off what characters look like while they're in the process of being controlled? (Kind of like how I don't expect Justine to be kept around as a footstool.)

Also, is there anywhere else to see these promo pics?
The promo pics can be found on my pixiv or HypnoHentai reddit. As for the "cat girl"(the cat ears are fake ;) - I put her in the title screen but she will be a character revealed quite a bit later - an arrogant noble girl type who will be taken down a notch by the protagonist. Her appearance in the title screen is pretty accurate to what I have planned for her ^^

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
The promo pics can be found on my pixiv or HypnoHentai reddit. As for the "cat girl"(the cat ears are fake ;) - I put her in the title screen but she will be a character revealed quite a bit later - an arrogant noble girl type who will be taken down a notch by the protagonist. Her appearance in the title screen is pretty accurate to what I have planned for her ^^
Ah yes, arrogant noble ladies. What would we do without them. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Blaze2855

Jun 7, 2022
Hi, I've been having issues progressing after the two first xilana scenes is there something I'm doing wrong

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
Oh yea, if you have 33 Power then you're most likely done with the current version at least when it comes to main story. There might still be repeatable scenes you havent seen with: Rebecca, Zoe, Justine(Tavern), Faeryl and Xilana.
The new version will be released in about two weeks(for patrons at least). ^^

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
I recently discovered this game and I think it is really underrated - it should be more popular and get more attention from the gamers.

Mad_Doc - you are doing a great job
Thanks, man! It seems recently, the project is starting to get a little more recognition on various platforms(reddit, pixiv) :)

In other news, the 0.38 version should be ready in about 10 days or so(for 5/10$ patrons) and it's gonna be a big one: 3 story events and 6 h-scenes(4 of them animated - with either Timeline or modified KK animations!).

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
Thanks, man! It seems recently, the project is starting to get a little more recognition on various platforms(reddit, pixiv) :)

In other news, the 0.38 version should be ready in about 10 days or so(for 5/10$ patrons) and it's gonna be a big one: 3 story events and 6 h-scenes(4 of them animated - with either Timeline or modified KK animations!).
I really hope your game is going for years and years - it is just still a very new game, but I am sure more and more people will discover it and it will be very popular!

• Red Heart

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
New version just got released! 0.38 is out for 5/10$ patrons ^^

Changelog:

- 2 story events

- 1 h-scene with Alicia(2 animations)

- 1 h-scene with Alicia and Xilana

- 2 h-scenes with Xilana(4 animations)

- 1 h-scene with Zoe(2 animations)