IDjeeper

Nov 19, 2020
okay here is even more broken ass shit. if you chose to stay with Sally instead of search for the artist, later after the under library scene you go to the artist's place where she is working on a piece of the MC and addresses him by his real non-undercover name? WTF?

also why in the hell is Dianna Mills calling the mc "Mathew" on their pier date? she has always used the undercover name everywhere else in the story.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
also why in the hell is Dianna Mills calling the mc "Mathew" on their pier date? she has always used the undercover name everywhere else in the story.
I'd assume that is intentional by the dev. She's already proven to be overconfident, so I could see her being really dumb and assuming "nobody will know if I use his real name". She's not nearly as smart as she thinks she is.

Reactions: vireker

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I'd assume that is intentional by the dev. She's already proven to be overconfident, so I could see her being really dumb and assuming "nobody will know if I use his real name". She's not nearly as smart as she thinks she is.
I didn't take a screenshot so don't remember which character said it but one of them called him MC in my last playthrough :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I didn't take a screenshot so don't remember which character said it but one of them called him MC in my last playthrough :LOL:
To be fair, unless someone was first a programmer (or similar) and then a storyteller, it can be easy to make that mistake. I've seen the variable of [MC] be used but brackets forgotten, so "MC" was shown instead. I've seen decently often that the default name instead of the variable gets used. That's generally somewhat common with developers I work with, whether as a beta tester or a proofreader. One developer even self-inserted. While I also saw that the default name of the MC was common instead of the variable replacement, I even saw an instance where the developer's name (not the MC's) was hard-coded. LMAO.

If the developer has a proofreader (this one may or may not; IDK) then it's only fair also to lay blame on them, since they're supposed to catch that type of thing. And everyone makes mistakes, obviously, but it doesn't mean they're not at fault for missing it. :)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
1 of his classmates (from police academy) at uni's corridoor (she literally jumps on mc's neck).

Tempone70

Oct 3, 2022
Hi, I am stuck on the photo board after going to sleep after meeting Sam. It keeps saying I have investigated that group...is that were 0.4.16 finishes or do I need to do something specific to move past?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hi, I am stuck on the photo board after going to sleep after meeting Sam. It keeps saying I have investigated that group...is that were 0.4.16 finishes or do I need to do something specific to move past?
yes if you don't use wt-mod with which you can explore other groups.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
How close is this game to its completion?
Pretty much no one here can say for certain, since we're not the developers. However, I'd guess it has still quite a ways to go yet. Depending on the versioning scheme Vinovella uses, v0.4.16 might mean approximately 41% of the way through. But there's no way to know for sure really. TBH, I don't think it's 41% of the way through personally.

₩on

Dec 26, 2019
Pretty much no one here can say for certain, since we're not the developers. However, I'd guess it has still quite a ways to go yet. Depending on the versioning scheme Vinovella uses, v0.4.16 might mean approximately 41% of the way through. But there's no way to know for sure really. TBH, I don't think it's 41% of the way through personally.
So it seems that there is quite a long way to go then. Thanks, I might wait until the game is finished, Fetish Locator was pretty good so this one should be too.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So it seems that there is quite a long way to go then. Thanks, I might wait until the game is finished, Fetish Locator was pretty good so this one should be too.
since mc has barely scratched surface on his investigations i'd say your wait will be long.

Reactions: vireker
4.10 star(s) 44 Votes