ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
A lot of devs have unnecessarily made their games "sandboxy" when it could've just been kept as a visual novel.

Coders have got to eat too I suppose...
i think sandbox can work when done right, and its not even that hard, the problem is that, they try to make some adventure sierra/lucas art logic jump and assume everyone else is able of moonlogic.

there have been games with sandbox done well, others are not as sandboxy but still offer enough freedom to feel like its better as is. case in point something unlimited and rogue like, both games have limited sandbox, that have alot of space to develop more and become better, but the devs just want the easy way out instead so they do the bare minimum.

the funny thing is, one of the best visual novels of all time, true love, was a sandbox game, and it was amazing because of that, instead of despite it. of course, i wasnt a fan of its time system, since it limited your romance options, and because the game heavily punished cheating, as 2 of the main girls would hate you if you slept with both(and the worst part was, both had ntr routes, with one falling for the asshole, and the other getting kidnapped and raped) if you didnt do their stories right.

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
8 months for uber to do this? come on man I was so disappointed to not see any new sex scenes. If this actually took him 8 months then it was a waste of time because it felt like the game didnt have anything new and exciting. This honestly felt like uber played summertime and thought that his mc also needs a nerdy friend with a hot mom.

Having said that I do think this game has the potential to be one of the best. Its definitely the one I'm excited the most for. Just give us what we want:
-more Mary scenes
-Tiffany
-Chantelle
lets be honest who the fuck rly cares about these new characters I want the existing ones to get content first.
U-ha-hah!!! It's just amazing! The guy has literally just been hit on the head with great force with re-working, and he is crying with a frenzy worthy of a better use: give me content with Mary, Tiffany and Chantelle to boot. We'll have to wait. Bro, have you ever heard of such a thing as a "character arc"? So dev with this the most "character arc" of MC has very big problems in this game. And maybe he, unlike you, apparently understands this. Another question (perhaps this is the main question): has the rework eliminated all the contradictions and logical inconsistencies accumulated earlier? My answer is: no, not eliminated, but in some ways even added. So, bro, Mary and Tiffany into the bargain will have to wait a little longer :eek:

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
The fact that they did this much in 6 months is pretty impressive to me. There is an immediate improvement to the art style. The characters and scenes are snappy and pop a lot more. The new mission system and gallery will allow the devs to retcon new stories and characters into older updates. But I do agree the new opening doesn't make sense in the context of the current story. I hope they don't change the story too much as I enjoyed the original.
Anyone would be salty after a 6 month wait with no new content.
But if they can do this much in such a short period of time.
I wonder how much new content they can add by the next update. I just hope I live long in alacrity and safety to properly enjoy it.
Suffice to say, expectations for the next update will be much higher than normal. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.
sure, until you realize the hint system doesnt work, meaning the game will need to have a re-rework to fix that, which wont be easy since they borked it this hard already, then there's the fact the game is more broken than fires deadly sin in elden ring on release.

overall, the higher quality is meaningless for most people as this is old content they already saw. it feels even worse because they added new characters who dont add anything either.

finally, as i said, this is a moot rework because it didnt fix anything, but actually added stuff that will need to be reworked later on anyways.

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
I was looking forward to a new update, but this is horrible. I don't want to have to start over and from what i've read the game now has some major bugs and a patched version will get released soon from what was reported a few posts back. I'm going to just skip this version and hope the next version has a skip option to new content.

Reactions: Socou

Bustapr

May 22, 2017
Im gonna skip this update. It's good that they updated the core of the game so the story makes more sense, but I really can't justify spending upwards of 8-10 hours of my day reexperiencing this. Again, it's not bad to revamp the plot, just gotta wait for next update in maybe 6 months, and hopefully a skip button.

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes