APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
it really saddens me how inconsistent the art of the scenes are, sometimes the characters don't even look like their usual models.
Yeah there are some inconsistencies with the art but that is not that uncommon with this type of art format it's not like a 3DCG game where the assets are easily reproduced. At least that is my take on it. To be honest this game has other more pressing problems with the coding but I can say at least on that front there are noticeable improvements.

Of course all bets are off with any Android version of any of these games on this site , Android phone OS is not really a proper gaming platform and if you notice most of the smooth running games on that platform are specifically designed for Android not ports like most of the games on this site.

Reactions: WillChillWinter

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Can't get past the contest dialog without the game crashing on android
Are you skipping text or just reading it normally? If skipping, don't. If not skipping, I would recommend seeking help from the devteam in the #bug-report channel of their . If you want to try here, you should post your make/model/year of your device, the version of Android, how much RAM your device has, and that everything is up to date in the device. I would still recommend you going to the discord, however and doing the same.
Yeah there are some inconsistencies with the art but that is not that uncommon with this type of art format it's not like a 3DCG game where the assets are easily reproduced. At least that is my take on it. To be honest this game has other more pressing problems with the coding but I can say at least on that front there are noticeable improvements.
I think that even taking into account that this is hand-drawn over 4+ years - there is still far too much variation. It is almost as if Uberpie has tossed all his reference drawings (if he every used them to begin with) on each model to ensure consistency. Even with his updating his style, there are like 6-10 different versions of Mary easily and there should only be 2.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Are you skipping text or just reading it normally? If skipping, don't. If not skipping, I would recommend seeking help from the devteam in the #bug-report channel of their . If you want to try here, you should post your make/model/year of your device, the version of Android, how much RAM your device has, and that everything is up to date in the device. I would still recommend you going to the discord, however and doing the same.

I think that even taking into account that this is hand-drawn over 4+ years - there is still far too much variation. It is almost as if Uberpie has tossed all his reference drawings (if he every used them to begin with) on each model to ensure consistency. Even with his updating his style, there are like 6-10 different versions of Mary easily and there should only be 2.
You have a valid point. Just can't help but think that Uberpie while having done this for a while now , has switched his rig a few times and probably software as well there may be something in these switches that could be a result of changes or he is just not good enough to remain consistent?

So far only people who are sensitive to variation would really care I have noticed it as well as a person who views 1000's of images in a month and tends to like consistent art styles I too have noticed it but, I have always felt the art was still pleasing to see. One thing to remember though is when this game started we had no animations and when those started coming in the art style really changed.
If the changes took place in a linear fashion such that the beginning looked different then the end it might be less noticable. However the animations are spead out through the game after the fact so the differences are more jarring imo.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
this is my first time trying this game. are the gay scenes (and related content) avoidable?
See this: #25,571

Scenes with Danny as Vivian are avoidable. People call this trap content, but since the MC knows the identity, there is no trapping involved (which is how trap got it's terminology). However, Danny - not as Vivian - is a major supporting NPC.
The handjob scene I mention in the post I linked is NOT avoidable near the end of this version and the MC has no clue as to the real identity of that person and falls fully under the trap genre. (edit) However, even after the reveal - it is not known whether the person has a penis or a vagina, just that the MC doesn't know after they already received the handjob.

APoc1 - that's not quite the case in this version. Note the handjob I mention.

Last edited:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
See this: #25,571

Scenes with Danny as Vivian are avoidable. People call this trap content, but since the MC knows the identity, there is no trapping involved (which is how trap got it's terminology). However, Danny - not as Vivian - is a major supporting NPC.
The handjob scene I mention in the post I linked is NOT avoidable near the end of this version and the MC has no clue as to the real identity of that person and falls fully under the trap genre.

APoc1 - that's not quite the case in this version. Note the handjob I mention.

Damn well , Not really liking that but not a deal breaker either. I feel a slippery slope is afoot, but I digress and it is not really relevant anyway. Seeing a minor scene that I don't get into is not "That big of a deal" to me.

Aug 28, 2018
You should just follow video playthrough based upon your questions because they have been answered dozens of times before in the thread.
See TGame's YouTube playlist of playthrough of all content up through the end of the last update, mostly with timestamps of tasks:

See #8 here: #25,511 I also recommend #1

Apoc1's got you on the software answer, but if you searched the thread for answers you would see this in one of the first 20 results on the first page:
View attachment 2103579
And you can't get to the gym until after you blackmail Harry and then move along the Gerda/Harry storyline quest: https://f95zone.to/search/222529036/?q=gym&o=date
View attachment 2103580
Sorry I'm an idiot.. Did not know such a walkthrough had existed. Thanks for the info!

mh21

Mar 24, 2018
You are the first to report this problem in this thread. You're only at 55.9%, the place where new content starts - you shouldn't have access to Tiffany's room yet, that doesn't happen until later.
  • What version (a) or (b) are you playing?
  • If version (b), did you play version (a) at all before using version (b)?
  • I see you used the save and cheat codes that the developer provided. Did you use any other save editors or unlockers?
  • What are your system specs: OS, CPU, RAM, Graphics Card and are your OS and drivers up to date?
Four questions, looking for four sets of answers.
Well thats interesting cus the help told me to go there and look for the password.

verison b.
No, fresh install yesterday.
No, only those provided by developer.
Win 10 64bit, i5-7500, 16gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb and everything is up to date.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well thats interesting cus the help told me to go there and look for the password.

verison b.
No, fresh install yesterday.
No, only those provided by developer.
Win 10 64bit, i5-7500, 16gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb and everything is up to date.
Thanks for the reply and the responses. Based upon what you are sharing, it must come down to a bad uncompression from the zip file. I do have a worry about any persistent data written to your Windows Registry (where the saves are kept, as well as other playing variables) from the playthrough.

I recommend:
  1. deleting the current game folder and everything in it
  2. if you know how to edit your Registry, I would also consider deleting the appropriate entries within Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\UberPie, or \Uberpie as a whole (if you aren't aware, doing something wrong in the Registry can cause serious problems with your computer - doing anything is at your own risk)
  3. downloading a new compressed file of Taffy Tales
  4. uncompressing again and see if the problem persists
  5. if it does, going to the developer and letting them know what's going on in the #bug-report channel
As for your mention of the help file, I don't know what help you are talking about, the task list in the game? Your screenshot shows Monday morning (the first day) and 55.9%. If you started at the new content, the "Investigate Tiffany's Room" should not appear any earlier than Tuesday morning at 60.4% because all the tasks leading up to it must be cleared before it is revealed.
1665902096540.png
If you should need it, video of new content gameplay with timestamps for all tasks: #25,509

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
dents said:
Is there a way to skip to 0.68?
In the current version to start at v0.68.2? No. You can use the save code to start at new content, which unlocks the gallery for all old content and then look at the CGs and Scenes from v0.68.2.

However, you can download select Windows versions of Taffy Tales here (save codes and cheat codes are in the text file within the zips):
  • 2019 Halloween Special
  • 2019 Christmas Special

• v0.01a (Originally, "Family Tales")
  • v0.5.2d
  • v0.8.1
  • v0.10.5b
  • v0.14.3b
  • v0.17.0b
  • v0.22.0b
  • v0.47.5b
  • v0.68.2b
  • v0.85.1a
  • v0.89.8b
  • v0.95.7a

Last edited:

Ghost'Xo

Oct 24, 2020
Is the main route finished/close to finishing if the next updates is the start of the work on the ntr path? If it it seems stupid of me to waste time on it, I'm sure at least 80% of people who play this game don't even want ntr, 15% could care less and the other 5% want it. (I'm in the don't care camp because I don't mind ntr) But I still think wouldn't it be better to focus on and finish the main route instead of dragging it out even longer and giving pointless updates to the majority of people who play the game?

3.50 star(s) 350 Votes