Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Im still at 20% scenes now (around Clara training Becca) but for me it feels like this game should have the "kinetic novel" tag. Till my point in the game there were only a couple of choices which i think matter. Besides there are now more and more scenes with dialogue choices but you can only choose one because the others just cancle the dialogue.

Even with "sand box" the game feels like a rail shooter.

PS: I think
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PPS: Is spoiler tag broken or do i not see my own spoiler in my post? :unsure:
There are optional scenes that players can choose not to experience, therefore it qualifies for the VN tag on F95. It is a title in development, there are some areas where there appears to be choices which will add flavor and variety that haven't had development yet -- but that doesn't mean it should get a KN tag, it just means the title is under development. Also, there are three major routes planned for the title: Main route, NTR route, Sharing route. For 99% of the content to date, the Main route is developed. The next update will see the development of the completely separate NTR route choice(s).

Your spoiler tag didn't work because it appears you don't know how it works. You put your spoiler content INSIDE the tags. You could also try using the inline spoiler.
any save please?
There is no such thing except for you to use the SAVE CODE to start at new content.
Taffy Tales v.0.89.8c
We know it's out there. We're being patient - if you want it on here, go get it and then share it. Simply saying it's out there isn't going to magically make it appear here. Also, it's bugfixes, not new content. If you played v0.89.8a or v0.89.8b you won't get anything new. However, it may allow those players who had image/animation issues to see those scenes.
I first ran into the camera bug during my first play through. I hadn't created a save since the first day. So I restarted from scratch, saving every day or so until I got to the day I decided to buy the uniform and wrench (key). After doing that I saved, then went home and put it on. Then I checked tasks and saw the "buy three cameras and visit priscilla" and then I did that, buying first first, and so on. Then I went to Gerda's, clicked on front door and chose plumber option. After getting into the house, I went into bathroom first and placed the screen camera in bottom right corner. Then went to bedroom and placed mirror and settee. After doing that I went back to priscilla's hall and there was no mom. So I reloaded to before getting uniform, repeated all the steps and then placed cameras in first, second, third order. After doing that I went to priscilla's hall and still no mom.

I'll keep trying and hope I get through it. Just a sad that I can't progress.
I appreciate that you followed all the steps that have been listed in here. It's baffling how this can happen for some people and not for a majority of the others - even when people try to recreate it. One person said as long as everything was on the first page of the inventory it went fine for them, but when some of the items were on page two of the inventory there was a problem. I don't know if that is true or not. If there is a way for you to video record your playthrough and then share a link to download it, perhaps something could be found. It would be best to start before buying the uniform, wrench, cameras.

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
There are optional scenes that players can choose not to experience, therefore it qualifies for the VN tag on F95. It is a title in development, there are some areas where there appears to be choices which will add flavor and variety that haven't had development yet -- but that doesn't mean it should get a KN tag, it just means the title is under development. Also, there are three major routes planned for the title: Main route, NTR route, Sharing route. For 99% of the content to date, the Main route is developed. The next update will see the development of the completely separate NTR route choice(s).
Can you name some of the situations or choices? I mean so far, only ones i can remember are if you want to cross dress and if you want to watch the slave in the principals office. And about "in development" and adding options. The last time before this round, i played 1 1/2 years ago or so and there are still the same "under construcktion" notes in the early game, where they were back then. i. e. you still cant hold Sara addicted, stuff at Gerdas & Harrys House ect.

If you plead for the tags to be correct, it should have the KN tag till it actually gives choices and rail you from one scene into another with only 1 right answer in conversations.

But hey, just my rant.:coffee:

PS: The sandbox doesnt work at all... Besides what others said, that characters appear in multiple places where you can talk with them. Im far beyond the point where Alan leaves the city and i still see him lurking around town, stalking girls and getting arrested by the two cops... :FacePalm:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Can you name some of the situations or choices? I mean so far, only ones i can remember are if you want to cross dress and if you want to watch the slave in the principals office. And about "in development" and adding options. The last time before this round, i played 1 1/2 years ago or so and there are still the same "under construcktion" notes in the early game, where they were back then. i. e. you still cant hold Sara addicted, stuff at Gerdas & Harrys House ect.

If you plead for the tags to be correct, it should have the KN tag till it actually gives choices and rail you from one scene into another with only 1 right answer in conversations.

PS: The sandbox doesnt work at all... Besides what others said, that characters appear in multiple places where you can talk with them. Im far beyond the point where Alan leaves the city and i still see him lurking around town, stalking girls and getting arrested by the two cops... :FacePalm:
  1. Near the beginning of the Game you have the choice to lie to the Doctor (with one choice being in development, Likely split for Alpha/Cuck routes)
  2. Trap or No trap (Danny Route), expected that Danny will eventually go away on the Non trap route to be replaced by his twin sister
  3. Ween Sara of Drugs or become her dealer (with the Dealer choice a WIP)
  4. Cross Dress or Not, guessing there will be a bunch of content for that on the cuck route.
  5. Let Darnell Darnell control Mary at the Gym or not (With no real content either way yet)
  6. There was a Choice with Gerdas first date (helmet or not, no idea what the WIP content might be there)
PS Kinetic Novels don't have any choices at all, the simple ability to wander around town and talk to random characters means it's not a Kinetic Novel

PPS I agree the Sandbox is shit right now, and likely even when the options are implimented I think it wiill likely be like a small collection of VNs rather than a true sandbox.

Goldyflox

Feb 25, 2020
I appreciate that you followed all the steps that have been listed in here. It's baffling how this can happen for some people and not for a majority of the others - even when people try to recreate it. One person said as long as everything was on the first page of the inventory it went fine for them, but when some of the items were on page two of the inventory there was a problem. I don't know if that is true or not. If there is a way for you to video record your playthrough and then share a link to download it, perhaps something could be found. It would be best to start before buying the uniform, wrench, cameras.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of tasks are time-based. I'm wondering if I need to be passed a certain day in order to successfully complete the camera installations. Do you happen to know what day someone successfully completed the installation process?

I've been laying off of that quest and going further down other lanes.

I'll see what apps I have for screen recording and run through the steps.

G

EDIT: I walked through the list above and after opening the task list I saw each camera placement get removed. When I placed the stool camera last, I checked the task list and the second camera task item was removed - but - the main task "place all cameras" still exists. When I went into the hall, there was no Gerda. And I still have the "Place all cameras" task on my list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
One thing I've noticed is that a lot of tasks are time-based. I'm wondering if I need to be passed a certain day in order to successfully complete the camera installations. Do you happen to know what day someone successfully completed the installation process?

G
The times in this game are a joke, True some things only seem to work at certain times, others don't seem to care.
I don't think there is a clock in regard to doing anything at a certain pace (doesn't matter if you do it on day 10 or day 100), just as long as the order of quests are done in sequence (and even then it's not always clear which quests need to be done in which order).

I always do the plumber quest as soon as it is available and have never had it bug out on me (and I've restarted the game from scratch almost every update).

Bet when we finally figure out the root of that bug it's something stupid like everyone who is bugged has the same version of firewall or antivirus, or some other third party software.

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

G

EDIT: I walked through the list above and after opening the task list I saw each camera placement get removed. When I placed the stool camera last, I checked the task list and the second camera task item was removed - but - the main task "place all cameras" still exists. When I went into the hall, there was no Gerda. And I still have the "Place all cameras" task on my list.
It is not date or time based. I've gone in the morning, day, evening and had no problem. I've gone on a weekday, I've gone on a Sunday. Best of luck. The developer is aware and it looks like they did a small tweak in the most recent update, but it appears from your experience that the tweak doesn't fully accommodate the problem. Last I read from the developer is that they have been unsuccessful to recreate this bug intentionally.
I always do the plumber quest as soon as it is available
Same.

PS: The sandbox doesnt work at all
I don't "plead" for anything about the tags. I am stating that based upon the definition KN for F95, Taffy Tales is tagged correctly because it does offer choices. The KN tag for F95 explicitly states: Kinetic Novel [Used when a a visual novel style game presents the player with no choices.]

On top of that, Stil996 lists a few of the choices which do have alternative experiences for people either currently in use or for future use. Those that are active include instructing Becca to shave or ripping them out, two optional NTR scenes, several optional scenes for Danny as Vivian, and one optional crossdressing moment. Also, although all the non-optional tasks must be completed to be 100% and they intertwine with dependability, a good number of tasks can be completed in any order compared to others at the time - meaning that there are various courses one can take to get to those dependent junctures.

And I agree that the faux-sandbox is in terrible shape. They fixed none of the problems from the previous version when they introduced that aspect. Like several things with Taffy Tales - it was an idea that got put in but hasn't been fully fleshed out and remains to create gameplay problems with multiple appearance of characters in various places at the same time, or like in the case of Alan, characters still in scenes after they have left the storyline.
Does anyone know what exactly version c is? What bugs are being fixed?
You're asking people who are mostly free players, not Patreon users, and so can't see the post detailing the bugfixes. Are their bugs in your gameplay keeping you from completing v0.89.8b because we can offer support or point you to the playthrough of all content through v0.85.1 on YouTube (censored images and certain text) to follow plus I have a speedrun video in this thread of the new content for v0.89.8 that you could follow.

Goldyflox

Feb 25, 2020
Count Morado I tried a number of other saves, but remembered one of your comments about other users doing it successfully and I went back and used a save old enough that I hadn't filled in the first page of item slots. Then I did the plumber quest, following the normal steps, and it worked.

For me, it appears to be successful because the cameras and uniform were all on the same page.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Count Morado I tried a number of other saves, but remembered one of your comments about other users doing it successfully and I went back and used a save old enough that I hadn't filled in the first page of item slots. Then I did the plumber quest, following the normal steps, and it worked.

For me, it appears to be successful because the cameras and uniform were all on the same page.
Congrats! and thanks for following back up.

VardenElf

Feb 14, 2020
For those interested, here are the "Taffy Tales patch v.0.89.8c notes":

• Fixed a problem when one location shows up over another one.

• Fixed a problem in the action scene with Gerda and Harry.

• Fixed a problem with a stable key and "save Becca" quest.

• Fixed several scenes with flowers in Mary's hands.

• Fixed a bug with accessing the school at night time.

• Fixed a bug with accessing Tiffany's room.

• Fixed a bug with Sara in the classroom.

• Fixed a bug with accessing Tiffany's room.

• Fixed several problems with incorrect layers of the game objects.

To clarify, I am not a Rare Pie tier patron. The informations above come from this on patreon.

Varys

Sep 1, 2019
Yeah, you have to check on Violet (at least if the player doesn't skip Violet's optional scene in the Club) in order for the "sell the jar" task can become active. After it becomes active, Sara should be in the classroom in the evening. In my video walkthrough (#25,509) after checking on Violet it pops active but before seeing Sara, I have the MC go to the comiccon to get rid of all those tasks. After the MC sleeps the night, the following evening is when it worked in my playthrough.

I just checked about the MC seeing Sara the same day it goes active and again had no problem. During the morning and the day, Sara tells the same "lunch time" message to the MC but in the evening she takes the jar.

So I know the same day or the day after works... People shouldn't be able to get into the school on Sunday because there is no school on Sunday, but in case they can get in she won't be in the classroom - only Mondays-Saturdays are possible.
Thanks, you are a godsend, man!

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
  1. Near the beginning of the Game you have the choice to lie to the Doctor (with one choice being in development, Likely split for Alpha/Cuck routes)
  2. Trap or No trap (Danny Route), expected that Danny will eventually go away on the Non trap route to be replaced by his twin sister
  3. Ween Sara of Drugs or become her dealer (with the Dealer choice a WIP)
  4. Cross Dress or Not, guessing there will be a bunch of content for that on the cuck route.
  5. Let Darnell Darnell control Mary at the Gym or not (With no real content either way yet)
  6. There was a Choice with Gerdas first date (helmet or not, no idea what the WIP content might be there)
PS Kinetic Novels don't have any choices at all, the simple ability to wander around town and talk to random characters means it's not a Kinetic Novel

PPS I agree the Sandbox is shit right now, and likely even when the options are implimented I think it wiill likely be like a small collection of VNs rather than a true sandbox.
Will Dannys sister still appear even if trap ist chosen? :unsure:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Will Dannys sister still appear even if trap ist chosen? :unsure:
Danny's sister is an unknown right now, but it seems logical to me that her purpose is to stand in for Danny's content, he is a central character, someone needs to fill his role for the players who hate trap content.

traplover19

Formerly 'lowtierntrgod'
Nov 4, 2018
Something about the conflicting personalities made me chuckle on multiple occasions that and i like sarcastic humor that this game has allot off
Honestly what keeps making me comeback isn't even the lewd scenes its the interaction between the split personalities

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Danny's sister is an unknown right now, but it seems logical to me that her purpose is to stand in for Danny's content, he is a central character, someone needs to fill his role for the players who hate trap content.
Hm we will see but as far as the game goes, i would be amazed if the sister doesnt come anyways. As MC said once: "Every hole is a goal."

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
did you test the hypothesis, that it was a scripted quest that bugged you out?
So many of these seem random it's nice when we can get a concrete explanation for what causes a particular bug.
Like i said, i just overwrited the save since didn't do almost anything but i assure you that i did everything i could and nothing worked. The map didn't work so the only thing i could do was just go around the house but since it was midnight no one was awake to interact and the bed didn't let me go to sleep, the only thing it said was leave like i told before.

traplover19

Formerly 'lowtierntrgod'
Nov 4, 2018
Given how confusing the trap tag can be or rather the lines between gay and trap is rather grey

Can you actually fuck Danny yet?

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes