Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Damn. Time to change platforms I guess? Although I think they might need to do some changes in the content in the new one too.
Uberpie does say they "are considering SubscribeStar, but it's a monumental drop in subscribers and income." That said, it's better than Zero, right? I mean if they don't move to another platform, they get no money at all. And they could get a start at rebuilding their subscribers easily there because SubscribeStar has a bit more lenient guidelines. Hell, Uberpie could even go back to the explicit incest storyline. And yet, he's vascillating? It's odd, but that so like Uberpie that he can't make a decision...

At the same time, they also stated they are going to rework the content for Steam. I mean, yeah, Steam has slightly different guidelines than Patreon... but there's still a lot of overlap of changes to be made for Steam to accept the game on their platform.

Also, there's no way in hell I believe that Uberpie was about ready to drop a small update in the coming month or two. Even though he was able to do so with v0.89.8 - it's been more an exception than an expectation. That said, there's nothing stopping him from still releasing it - either quickly put up a Subscribestar page, or use his itch.io page (yes, he has one - just hasn't used it in years ) or his newgrounds (yes, there too... ), or just dropping it in his discord for his most loyal fans there.

Also, no one should believe Uberpie's excuse that he has no clue why he's being removed and based upon what decision. I've named several possibles simply off the top of my head... also, as has been seen by other posts - Patreon usually does make developers aware of the problem(s) that need addressed. He's been reviewed before about content and made changes based upon their concerns. When developers say "they don't know..." they are not being forthright. Either with their fans or themselves or both.

However, it could simply be that there are so many small infringements on guidelines that Patreon decided that since Uberpie had been warned once already (back in the beginning) that he doesn't get a third chance.

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
Well, it seems, patreon do want to choke on its crap. I can only wish those clowns luck with that. Oh those sweet income

reduction followed by layoffs. Sounds like a wonderful plan.

you can read the picture from this post to understand what i am talking about its stupid tbh View attachment 3446987
There is game named Winter Memories. AFAIK, they sell it on steam with smth about 20% of the the actual gameplay without any adult hints. But there is a certain patch on their site, that converts a demo into full version. It is more work for creators, unnecessary work. But it seems, sh*tshow has just begun

Reactions: Thatlostone

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Again, sooner or later, that's gonna bite them in the ass. Maybe not in the first year... maybe not in the first several years... but maybe 5 years in, after building a following on Patreon and, being one of the lucky developers to make it a living (fewer than 250 adult game developers out of the 7,000-ish make more than $4,000 per month - average is about $100 and the mean is closer to $65)... they'll get caught and then they'll need to rebuild their following.

Either a disgruntled fan will send a report to Patreon or some other way will eventually get a game reviewed/pulled. If you can't abide by the content guidelines of a platform, don't use it -- if you do, have a backup in place or just be ready to accept the consequences of your choices.

As for Uberpie, the game Patreon subscribers get is the game, there is no "friendly" version.
They already have a counter for that i saw on twitter that a artist got banned for content that even though it wasnt posted on patreon was available on a different website so for instance:
1. I f i post something that is banned on there website somewhere else (twitter/pixiv/cloud storage websites) they will still ban you based on association( Essentially guilty by association type of situation) or they will police you to remove from those website or tell you to remove your twitter handle or any instance where you have linked your twitter on patreon
Sure, I was just saying that there are developers out there who are doing it this way. Atleast one who's been doing it for almost 7 years. They basically publish the game without questionable content on Patreon while handing out links to patrons leading to another website with login requirement to download the latest update. I'm honestly surprised myself that the dev in question hasn't gotten in trouble for it after so many years, so I thought maybe this could be a way out for Uberpie.

Now, the best way to proceed would likely be a Subscribestar account. Sure, they'll lose some support, but Discord+F95 is a pretty effective way to spread the word.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Does that statement qualify as notification that this title is "on hold"? :ROFLMAO:

There is game named Winter Memories. AFAIK, they sell it on steam with smth about 20% of the the actual gameplay without any adult hints. But there is a certain patch on their site, that converts a demo into full version. It is more work for creators, unnecessary work. But it seems, sh*tshow has just begun
Whether true or not. Whether well known or not -
You realize you may have just put that developer on Patreon's radar, right? F95 posts are public and discoverable using any web search engine, such as Google. Even if you aren't the first to talk about it... your mention only bolsters the ability for Patreon to do a review. This is what I was talking with others about "sooner or later" people get found out.
1710550228933.png
Where's lostraven with his witty remark :confused:?
The schadenfreude is strong in this one.

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
Uberpie does say they "are considering SubscribeStar, but it's a monumental drop in subscribers and income." That said, it's better than Zero, right? I mean if they don't move to another platform, they get no money at all. And they could get a start at rebuilding their subscribers easily there because SubscribeStar has a bit more lenient guidelines. Hell, Uberpie could even go back to the explicit incest storyline. And yet, he's vascillating? It's odd, but that so like Uberpie that he can't make a decision...

At the same time, they also stated they are going to rework the content for Steam. I mean, yeah, Steam has slightly different guidelines than Patreon... but there's still a lot of overlap of changes to be made for Steam to accept the game on their platform.
The correct answer is - payment system. There are differences between patreon's and subscriber's partners. Steam is more convenient in terms of payment.

Also, no one should believe Uberpie's excuse that he has no clue why he's being removed and based upon what decision. I've named several possibles simply off the top of my head... also, as has been seen by other posts - Patreon usually does make developers aware of the problem(s) that need addressed. He's been reviewed before about content and made changes based upon their concerns. When developers say "they don't know..." they are not being forthright. Either with their fans or themselves or both.
Yup, you named it FROM YOUR HEAD. Thats not rules, thats YOU UNDERSTANDING of them. Or my. Ore someone elses. See any difference? We can disbilieve some creators claims, BUT their rules IS in fact ambiguous where they should be crystal clear with dozens of examples(coz its their income).
And whats more - several days ago those clowns changed their rules again. This time its about consent. Now all those imaginary characters must consent before going further. So - yes, that patreclowns is indeed decided to shoot their dick off.

Reactions: Lookingforthis

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
You realize you may have just put that
Please, don't try to blame me for situations that may or may not happen in your head. Or are you trying to change subject and blame someone else for patreon's inadequate actions?
From what I see, they decide to start another cleaning crusade for some reason. Any formal reasons will be created on the run.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The correct answer is - payment system. There are differences between patreon's and subscriber's partners. Steam is more convenient in terms of payment.

Yup, you named it FROM YOUR HEAD. Thats not rules, thats YOU UNDERSTANDING of them. Or my. Ore someone elses. See any difference? We can disbilieve some creators claims, BUT their rules IS in fact ambiguous where they should be crystal clear with dozens of examples(coz its their income).
And whats more - several days ago those clowns changed their rules again. This time its about consent. Now all those imaginary characters must consent before going further. So - yes, that patreclowns is indeed decided to shoot their dick off.
Again, they aren't going to get any $$$ from Steam until after they rework the game and IF it gets approved by Steam. That means ZERO income until the possibility. They could start up a Subscribestar and start getting income thereafter WHILE working on the Steam rework. I know exactly what I'm saying, they can get payment near immediately on Subscribestar and may never get anything on Steam, and even if they did - it will take many months (more likely over a year or more) before that possibility even exists on Steam.

That's not hard to understand or figure out.

Two, off the top of my head is a phrase that means that the facts are easy to see and it is obvious to anyone who takes a moment to consider.

Patreon's guidelines are not as ambiguous as some fans and creators seem to believe. They perceive them as ambiguous because they are guidelines they wish didn't exist, in most cases. You can make excuses, but you are only betraying your own intent and not the intent of the rules that are put forth. I am not saying they aren't written for some interpretation - because, yes, yes they are - that's what guidelines are for, to give a little leeway for content which might otherwise be not allowed outright for consideration for retention due to artistic intent, etc.

Uberpie knew incest was off the table, he'd already been reviewed, reprimanded and had to rework the game in the first few months of initial development. And yet, he drops an image in the game with has a mother seducing her son through a snap.

Uberpie knew bestiality was off the table, and is why there was no content with Max (and maybe the horse?). And yet, he attempted to push the boundaries with Max getting hot under Mary and Tiffany's dresses in the kitchen in one of the recent updates. While not direct bestiality, the implication was made and it was for the glorification and sexualization of those scenes, which Patreon states right up front they consider with all content they review.

Patreon DID NOT recently change their rules about consent. That rule has been in place since at least 2018. It's the reason why an even more popular game removed sleepsex from one scene back around 2018, because it was against Patreon policy.

Uberpie knew that nonconsensual sex was off the table, but has mind control with Mary and outright rape of Clara in the game - both prime examples of what Patreon does not allow unless there is some context in which it makes it allowed -that's the leeway I'm talking about. However, for sexual gratification, it is not allowed.

I could go on, but as you can see, Uberpie poked the bear and the bear poked back.

Please, don't try to blame me for situations that may or may not happen in your head. Or are you trying to change subject and blame someone else for patreon's inadequate actions?
From what I see, they decide to start another cleaning crusade for some reason. Any formal reasons will be created on the run.
Oh
My
God

Yeah, I'm done. Feel free to get the last word.

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
I randomly remembered this game and couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up in my Latest Updates tab. I see now that scat was added as a tag, which is in my "exclude" filters.
Am I correct that scat is avoidable on the regular route and that urination content only shows up on the NTR routes?
I saw something about Mary drinking piss and that's no bueno for me.
Was there ever an explanation as to WHY scat was added? That's quite...hardcore...as far as fetishes go.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Here's my official statement on the matter.

Suffice to say, this has been a huge and shocking blow,
not necessarily that a suspension has happened, (this is Patreon - it only takes one report to trigger an investigation),
but rather ... the sudden abruptness by which the project was just unceremoniously put out to pasture - for now, at least.

I've been working on the Taffy Tales project since early 2018, it is, possibly now was, the first project I ever became involved with.

Until I know for sure whether this project is going to continue or not, and whether I still have a place in it, I can't talk freely about everything, including my feelings, many of my thoughts and key events, so you'll have to forgive me if I can't answer any pending questions.

With that said...

I've long, long been concerned about the tightening nose of Patreon, and shared these sentiments with Uberpie many times previously - and once again, my concerns are proven correct.
The simple fact is, the more people choose to empower patreon over things like subscribestar, the more they can and will dictate the types of games you want.

I'm sure, there will be a complete flood and fury of developers and detectives-in-the-making rushing to speculate on the many various rules that may or may not have been broken in order to make sense of this.

Stop.

Just stop... It's become so tiring.

...Even if you prove rule X was broken, or bent, or whatever you feel justifies the page being purged,
even if you hate Taffy Tales, hate me, or hate Uberpie or whatever.

Patreon gave nothing more than a vague deadline of 72 hours to fix problems which they refused to specify what they actually took issue with.

-Why was the page not held in suspension while the team was at least given a chance to fix the issues like so many other devs get to do?
-Why were the offending issues not listed?
-After refusing to extend the suspension, despite the team making contact and saying they were willing to make changes, how did Patreon realistically expect any changes to be effectively made within 72 hours before the page got terminated? It's neigh impossible.

Even if the rules *were* broken... Is that okay? Is that acceptable?
The rules are applied inconsistently, with some devs, who I think we all know are treated VERY differently than everyone else, are given free passes, whereas everyone else gets to face the firing squad.

(And I don't blame those devs I will add, only this system that's been allowed to cultivate.)

The simple truth is, Patreon has made an example of Taffy Tales to prove a point - They can and will come after you, and if they don't feel like actually treating you equally and fair, they don't have to.

Now, I don't know what will happen to me.
Perhaps, this is it for me and Taffy Tales.
Or perhaps, if I'm still around, (due to the obvious budget cuts) - I will have to cut back my work amount.

...Or maybe, this will all blow over and subscribestar (should uber create an account there), will be an instant success.
We just don't know right now.

In light of this, if this is the end of the road for me with Taffy Tales, (for whatever reason).
Then I hope at the very least, I'll be able to see some familiar faces with my own project you can find here:

(I hope that doesn't seem too selfish putting a link to my project there ... But I really don't know for sure what will happen and I *do* have to at least try to make sure I'll be okay - as well as I hope the rest of the team will be no matter what).

I will know more soon on my own fate I imagine.
Pretty worrying time over all though.
This has been pretty much my main job these last few years, and well, now it may be gone which is one hell of a mental mind-fuck for me to deal with right now.
Hopefully, I and everyone else will come out of this alright.

As a final note...

I never imagined the project would blow up the way it did,
and, despite everything...despite if you think the project fell off at some point or whatever...

It was pretty cool for a while, wasn't it?
Hopefully see you on the flip side, space cowboy.

Where's lostraven with his witty remark :confused:?

Hopefully, I at least got to make people laugh one more time with that one. :BootyTime:

Last edited:

devlar2021#

Aug 30, 2022
its been a bit since i last played this but from memory both are technically true depending on the version you play there is two routes one were your the cuck full on and the other where you can have one of your girls pretend to be with a milfs son so you can steal his mom then another character as well you can steal his crush

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
off the top of my head is a phrase that means that the facts are easy to see and it is obvious to anyone who takes a moment to consider
"If you say something off the top of your head, you say it without thinking about it much before you speak, especially because you do not have enough time. It was the best I could think of off the top of my head."

Didn't even know it was possible to butcher the definition of such an easy to understand idiom so badly.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
"If you say something off the top of your head, you say it without thinking about it much before you speak, especially because you do not have enough time. It was the best I could think of off the top of my head."

Didn't even know it was possible to butcher the definition of such an easy to understand idiom so badly.
Good point. I stand corrected. It was the best I could do in the middle of a back and forth conversation. Pulling what I knew from memory.
1710576807079.png

Reactions: zwere

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
Well, it seems time has come for some things to be done for patreon creators. To take some measures.
If you are creator, make sure you have backup plan to gather you audience. Discord or whatever - in case of sh*t suddenly hittin the fan. And backup donation & payment system.
If you are sibscribed for some creators, warn them beforehead. We can see, crapeaters acts fast and don't give much time to react. If you know any convenient donation system, let them know.
Personally I 've heard about ko-fi , spankpay, fansly and clica, but I don't know any details about how they works.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022
yes, this is what I was thinking as well, a lot of people when they get banned from Patreon say they have no idea why and nobody is telling them why. Surely they would give a reason on what guidelines were broke and try and work it out so they could stay.

I'm assuming it was the AI stuff as they've been very very hot on that at the moment and seeing a game move towards fully AI was enough to do it

that's just my opinion though could be something very different.

I saw corrupted kingdoms got banned a few weeks ago and they were told directly why and what they had to remove in order to stay, I can't see why they wouldn't have done the same here

Reactions: Ntrsugar
3.50 star(s) 346 Votes