Jun 7, 2019
I literally don’t understand how that’s possible. Taffy Tales is definitely unique but that upward trend is insane with no advertising and updates basically 1.5 times a year where is all that traffic coming from?That’s incredible and I’m happy for Uber but I’d be lying if I said it felt well deserved.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I literally don’t understand how that’s possible. Taffy Tales is definitely unique but that upward trend is insane with no advertising and updates basically 1.5 times a year where is all that traffic coming from?That’s incredible and I’m happy for Uber but I’d be lying if I said it felt well deserved.

As the Outlaw Josey Whales would say "Deserves got nothing to do with it" :D Apparently his patreons for the most part are patient. I am not one of them but I can kind of understand , this is a really good game and quality takes time for a relatively small crew.

Reactions: Count Morado

bigboi2923

Aug 24, 2018
What would make a near 7 month update live up to the hype? How many scenes are we looking at?

Biggest problem I have with devs that do these 1-2 updates a year is that often it really doesn't live up to expectations, aside from 1-2 exceptions like BaDIK or Broken Dreamers. How much content really are you looking at?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Taffy Tales updates have been about 2 times per year or better since its premiere. But I wouldn't wouldn't doubt it changing as the game continues to expand in characters and story line.

Perhaps your paradigm needs shifted at what you think makes an adult game successful.

As an example, the #1 adult game on Patreon (#6 creator, overall) also has been releasing 2-3 times per year. Now, that said, that one could be considered a "founding father" of the current adult gaming industry, but it has held that #1 spot for nearly 5 years.

The graph below is for another adult game that has had only annual updates for each of the last two years, and is on track to have it's third update at the end of the year, as well. From 10 patrons to 1300 in 3 years.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 003017.jpg
What would make a near 7 month update live up to the hype? How many scenes are we looking at?
We're told there are a lot of new characters being introduced (you can find many/all of them in previous pages in the thread --- or in the discord ... or on patreon) which are being intertwined into the current storyline - so a full replay from day one might be part of the whole update.

Also, remember, it is a three-person devteam.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018

Biggest problem I have with devs that do these 1-2 updates a year is that often it really doesn't live up to expectations, aside from 1-2 exceptions like BaDIK or Broken Dreamers. How much content really are you looking at?
What Hype?
I've never seen any hype to do with this game,
This is like interacting with a busker, you experience what they have to offer, if you like what you experienced you can give them some money, if you don't like it you don't have any obligation to give them anything.... Show me the hype?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What Hype?
I've never seen any hype to do with this game,
This is like interacting with a busker, you experience what they have to offer, if you like what you experienced you can give them some money, if you don't like it you don't have any obligation to give them anything.... Show me the hype?
200.gif
:KEK::LUL:

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

Really have no clue to be honest. Only one person who visits this thread could answer that if he was aloud too that is.

Reactions: Count Morado

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017

Fwiw, the updates are usually pretty big. The last 2 updates each had about 2.5 hours of content. Some of the delay can be attributes to the art of the game which is hand drawn, as opposed to the DAZ / blender rendering in BADIK.
Also, Broken Dreamer updates are certainly shorter than BADIK and TT.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Where do I report bugs?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It was already reported when the latest update was released in September. (I searched the words mary and arms in in this thread - was the third link in the results)

Also, there is a discord link in OP. There is a bug report section over there.

Oli337

Feb 22, 2018
I might be just too dumb but I can't figure out how to trigger the quest "Better find the spare key and some candles for Sara". I already found them a while ago and as far as I remember I talked to Sara because the items arent in my inventory anymore. But nothing happened. :cautious:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I might be just too dumb but I can't figure out how to trigger the quest "Better find the spare key and some candles for Sara". I already found them a while ago and as far as I remember I talked to Sara because the items arent in my inventory anymore. But nothing happened. :cautious:
you need to meet Sara in the classroom after school, it's a big scene so you would remember it

Dec 1, 2021
I only saved once in the first day, then i realized this wasn't a choice heavy game so i felt like i didn't need to save but then i reached the quest in Priscilla's house and the game bugged on me and i just couldn't place the cameras, had to replay the entire game again.

If this game was in renpy or something i could roll-back at least but it isn't and i'm now extremely pissed.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I only saved once in the first day, then i realized this wasn't a choice heavy game so i felt like i didn't need to save but then i reached the quest in Priscilla's house and the game bugged on me and i just couldn't place the cameras, had to replay the entire game again.

If this game was in renpy or something i could roll-back at least but it isn't and i'm now extremely pissed.

It is likely if you had saved the game at that point and closed the game and then reloaded that save it "may" have fixed it self. I have run into similar issues in the past and that has worked for me. The placing camera's bug only seems to happen randomly and from what I have seen is not a constant among the majority of players. I don't know the technical jargon for this but it seems like a kind of ,run time error that pops up based on environmental variables.

Dec 1, 2021
It is likely if you had saved the game at that point and closed the game and then reloaded that save it "may" have fixed it self. I have run into similar issues in the past and that has worked for me. The placing camera's bug only seems to happen randomly and from what I have seen is not a constant among the majority of players. I don't know the technical jargon for this but it seems like a kind of ,run time error that pops up based on environmental variables.
Yap, it didn't happen the second time, i already reached a zen state my fellow dude and replayed the entire thing, now saving at every little sliver of progress.

Reactions: APoc1
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes