VN Ren'Py Tainted Aquamarine [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Honestly kinda floored that an idea that was born so recently is already so far down the "get shit done" road. OP, you are an absolute animal and I will be following this with great interest. Survey answered, in case you were still looking for opinions.
done with the survey. hopefully it can help a bit.
I like the idea, and I hope it will not turn into a "similar" ntr-japanese-hentai-game with hard-ntr.
I want the Mc to be smart, a bit evil, dominant but also that I can choose what to do, total control.
a bit like Our Fate.
Done survey, no points at all for guessing my character suggestion :sneaky:
did the survey, looks insteresting, cant wait.
Done the survey, really liked the idea and the amount of forethought put into this. Looking forward to this game coming out.
Done the survey. Art look very promising. GL ;) (y)
Done the survey. Keep it up!
Thank you all for participating in the survey! Really appreciated. Especially to the ones who included really detailed feedbacks.

I am going to post another content update later today, which will show how the choice system will work in the game, and a sample animated sex scene I've been working on. And also updated CG look for the Wife.

Cheers! Thanks everyone for the interest. I have no plans monetizing this game, but your interest and enthusiasm for this game is what keeps me going!

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Hello guys! Posting some development updates! I have some interesting things to show you!

First off, I have finally decided on the game's main premise! As you know, you guys have given your thoughts on the survey on what premise you prefer. The Voyeur Necklace won, but surprisingly, many in their suggestions have recommended combining multiple elements of the necklace. This has gotten me to reconsider, and ultimately, I decided to redo the entire premise again (yes, sorry). This time, it's a combination of ALL the premises. The necklace itself has an innate power that only activates at specific times, and through this, the MC will be able to use multiple types of powers to suit whatever he needs for that occasion. i.e, if an opportunity for voyeurism comes up, the necklace will beckon you to use its power, but you still have the choice if you want to use it or not or maybe even use a different kind of power, like temporarily increasing his wife's libido.

With this type of premise, I also set up an "alignment system" during decision-making. The MC carries the Aquamarine at all times, and the shade of blue in the gemstone will reflect your wife's current sexual alignment. Based on your decision, the color of the aquamarine will change throughout the course of the game, and the MC and his wife will react to events differently, depending on their current alignment. Here is a simple image to explain it:

Basically, the darker the tint in your necklace, the more corrupt the meter is.

Don't worry it's pretty easy to understand and to help you decide which decision affects what meter, there will be various hints in the choice selection screen. As shown below:

When selecting a decision, you don't lock on to it immediately. There will be a confirm button to proceed, and a helpful tooltip that gets into more detail on what the decision is about will show up. The color of the border surrounding it also subtly hints at what shade of blue the decision will influence your necklace. Additionally, at the lower-left corner, you can see a "CHECK TINT" button which allows you to double-check the color of your necklace, before committing to any decision. See the image below:

Regarding the routes, there will be three planned (Vanilla, Netorase, Netorare). Bit of a disclaimer though: as much as I would love to please everyone, unfortunately, I won't have enough time to properly flesh out all three routes. While I like NTR stories, I have always been a Netorase/Sharing fan first and foremost. So that will be my primary focus throughout the game development. NTR will also not be left behind though, as it's pretty easy to write NTR with Netorase in parallel. The NTR element will be akin to most of Atelier Sakura games (Marina's Cuckolding Report, Lendable Wife~ Mayumi, Gyaruzuma, etc) so if you are already familiar with it, then you can expect something similar here. To Vanilla fans, sorry guys, it's prioritized the least, but the starting sex scenes will be vanilla to set up the story, so there's that.

Next in my updates to share, is I have finally have a new modified version of the Wife's CG art! Check it out:

I based most of it on the wife in Bokudakare (a game I recently played and had a blast with, so I'm also doing the English translation project for it here.)

Also, majority of survey participants wanted her to look thiccer and more mature, and surprisingly it's a 60-40 split on having the wife shaved or not. I love them unshaved myself, so I made it optional to choose the pubic hair preference for the wife. Here's a sprite sheet for most of her character art that I've already completed. Cheers!

The third update is sex scenes! I created a sample sex scene loop to show you how it might look like. I personally know how to animate in after effects, but for this scene, I tried something different and decided to do rotoscoping. It was a bad idea. Was not worth it rofl. I figured I'll just show it here, but I'm personally not happy with the result and decided I'm going to do the animations in the usual After Effects animation. Rotoscoping takes way too much time and is very tedious.

Lastly, the question of:

When will the game be released?

The good thing about this is that I already have most of my game assets and artwork ready, so it's only a matter of writing the actual story content left! As of now, I'm only up to 4k words, which comprises most of the prologue up to the part where MC finds the necklace. My goal by the next update is to be able to reach 25k words and completely focus on one route. I have laid the groundwork for each character already, but haven't started writing on a focused route yet. By the next update, I hope that will change.

I'm hoping to release a playable alpha version which you guys can test out, hopefully by JANUARY! I've gotten a whole lot done in my game and it's only been less than a month since inception, so by December, I might chill a bit, and perhaps focus on translating Bokudare first since that also needs quite a lot of work.

As always, your guys' feedback is very important to me, so I would LOVE IT if you could share your opinion on the decided premise, the new wife cg, the animations, or if you have an idea or suggestion you would like to let me know just post in this thread!

Anyway, that's all for now. And thanks for having an interest in this project. Again, No plans to monetize this and your interest with this game is what keeps me going! Cheers!

Last edited:

SummerCar

Jan 5, 2020
Hello guys! Posting some development updates! I have some interesting things to show you!

First off, I have finally decided on the game's main premise! As you know, you guys have given your thoughts on the survey on what premise you prefer. The Voyeur Necklace won, but surprisingly, many in their suggestions have recommended combining multiple elements of the necklace. This has gotten me to reconsider, and ultimately, I decided to redo the entire premise again (yes, sorry). This time, it's a combination of ALL the premises. The necklace itself has an innate power that only activates at specific times, and through this, the MC will be able to use multiple types of powers to suit whatever he needs for that occasion. i.e, if an opportunity for voyeurism comes up, the necklace will beckon you to use its power, but you still have the choice if you want to use it or not or maybe even use a different kind of power, like temporarily increasing his wife's libido.

With this type of premise, I also set up an "alignment system" during decision-making. The MC carries the Aquamarine at all times, and the shade of blue in the gemstone will reflect your wife's current sexual alignment. Based on your decision, the color of the aquamarine will change throughout the course of the game, and the MC and his wife will react to events differently, depending on their current alignment. Here is a simple image to explain it:

Don't worry it's pretty easy to understand and to help you decide which decision affects what meter, there will be various hints in the choice selection screen. As shown below:

When selecting a decision, you don't lock on to it immediately. There will be a confirm button to proceed, and a helpful tooltip that gets into more detail on what the decision is about will show up. The color of the border surrounding it also subtly hints at what shade of blue the decision will influence your necklace. Additionally, at the lower-left corner, you can see a "CHECK TINT" button which allows you to double-check the color of your necklace, before committing to any decision. See the image below:

Regarding the routes, there will be three planned (Vanilla, Netorase, Netorare). Bit of a disclaimer though: as much as I would love to please everyone, unfortunately, I won't have enough time to properly flesh out all three routes. While I like NTR stories, I have always been a Netorase/Sharing fan first and foremost. So that will be my primary focus throughout the game development. NTR will also not be left behind though, as it's pretty easy to write NTR with Netorase in parallel. The NTR element will be akin to most of Atelier Sakura games (Marina's Cuckolding Report, Lendable Wife~ Mayumi, Gyaruzuma, etc) so if you are already familiar with it, then you can expect something similar here. To Vanilla fans, sorry guys, it's prioritized the least, but the starting sex scenes will be vanilla to set up the story, so there's that.

Next in my updates to share, is I have finally have a new modified version of the Wife's CG art! Check it out:

I based most of it on the wife in Bokudakare (a game I recently played and had a blast with, so I'm also doing the English translation project for it here.)

Also, majority of survey participants wanted her to look thiccer and more mature, and surprisingly it's a 60-40 split on having the wife shaved or not. I love them unshaved myself, so I made it optional to choose the pubic hair preference for the wife. Here's a sprite sheet for most of her character art that I've already completed. Cheers!

The third update is sex scenes! I created a sample sex scene loop to show you how it might look like. I personally know how to animate in after effects, but for this scene, I tried something different and decided to do rotoscoping. It was a bad idea. Was not worth it rofl. I figured I'll just show it here, but I'm personally not happy with the result and decided I'm going to do the animations in the usual After Effects animation. Rotoscoping takes way too much time and is very tedious.

Lastly, the question of: When will the game be released?

The good thing about this is that I already have most of my game assets and artwork ready, so it's only a matter of writing the actual story content left! As of now, I'm only up to 4k words, which comprises most of the prologue up to the part where MC finds the necklace. My goal by the next update is to be able to reach 25k words and completely focus on one route. I have laid the groundwork for each character already, but haven't started writing on a focused route yet. By the next update, I hope that will change.

I'm hoping to release a playable alpha version which you guys can test out, hopefully by January! I've gotten a whole lot done in my game and it's only been less than a month since inception, so by December, I might chill a bit, and perhaps focus on translating Bokudare first since that also needs quite a lot of work.

As always, your guys' feedback is very important to me, so I would LOVE IT if you could share your opinion on the decided premise, the new wife cg, the animations, or if you have an idea or suggestion you would like to let me know just post in this thread!

Anyway, that's all for now. And thanks for having an interest in this project. Again, No plans to monetize this and your interest with this game is what keeps me going! Cheers!
Looks good to me. Having the necklace just be 'powerful' instead of a specific power lets you be a lot more open with the story/scenarios and the choices available.

The tint system though seems slightly confusing and I still don't get what the necklace on the check tint it supposed to mean. Also with the alignment system, does this also mean that you can switch between the paths as you go along or once you're stuck on a path, you're committed to it? Seems like it would be difficult for a coherent story if you allow for choices to switch between paths.

As for the wife's CG looks great now, and I love the thiccness. The only bad thing about this is having to wait til January to play. :( Take your time though, it's still unbelievable that you're working on making something that's better than most of the stuff on the website as a fun project and without any monetization.

Fanorase

Formerly 'mrprincethesimp'
Game Developer
May 29, 2020
I see that you updated the wife to resemble Bokuni's, your newly found 10/10 lol. excellent choice tho, cause she's hot as fuck.

• Love
Reactions: zetsupetsu
Jul 27, 2019

Lastly, the question of:

I'm hoping to release a playable alpha version which you guys can test out, hopefully by JANUARY! I've gotten a whole lot done in my game and it's only been less than a month since inception, so by December, I might chill a bit, and perhaps focus on translating Bokudare first since that also needs quite a lot of work.

Damn I didn't thinking reccomending boku dakare would light such a fire in you, but man I'm happy it did ahhh fuck. But yeah this game is looking dope I love the whole premise, my only thing is be careful on the necklace thing. Having all of them together can clutter the story a lot imo you might be biting more than you can chew by doing that and 3 routes., and all the different NTR people Then again I'm assuming this to be a 2ish year project? If this is going to be long term thing than go for it, but I see a lot of shit getting lost bc you're crammming a lot into it.

Edit:
And I mean it's def possible the group making taffy town is doing just that, but they're a team of people doing it and it's been years. Meanwhile you're solo and you won't be able to fund other artists/writers/programmers to help you bc your country fucks you hard on that end. And I know I'm kind of bashing it rn while saying it's dope before. But I guess I'm getting at you have a good premise, art, and UI (imo). Don't shoot your story in the foot by trying too do too much. And from how you liked boku daka you know the story is important to a good NTR game or any VN for that matter. It draws you in more thereby making each scene more intense and hot. I'm not expecting perfection by any means especially not by a free project, and even less so your first solo game. Also for anyone who wants to say they're just 5 items. Yes, but they're 5 items that will be absolutely central to the story alongside everything else.

Last edited:

felyor

Jun 17, 2018
This is awesome, personally I'm a big fan of shota content, hope we can have as many as you can here. I would love to see him in the netorase route specially. Something like the omake of Kawarizuma ~Himitsu o Nigirare Youkyuu Sareru Yokujouna Karada~ would be pure gold.

Reactions: SanaeS
Sep 12, 2020
Starting with vanilla scenes is definitely a good way to start, doesn't mean there can't be any husband and wife action post sharing in the netorase routes :)

Reactions: Fiz1247
Jul 20, 2019

Lastly, the question of:

I'm actually kinda digging the UI you have shown in those two 'choice' screenshots. This may seem weird in the context of pr0n games, but it makes it refreshing to see a game have a UI that isnt the default boring Ren'Py one, and is reassuring in the sense that there is actual effort going into the game. Good luck

Reactions: Back

Dalurker

Apr 11, 2018
I completed the survey!

Not sure if you already discussed this, but please please consider monetizing this game. It looks very professional, you deserve to be paid for this. And it will keep you motivated.

It doesn't even need to be a monthly thing, but more of a "I'll collect it when I release a new version" kind of thing.

Only thing I want to mention, and as much as I like shota stuff...why not make the guy an 18+ adolescent? The rest of the cast looks adult enough (25+ years old) to me. That way, you avoid unnecesary controversy and bans from crowdfunding platforms.

Anyway, it's looking mighty good as a concept. So, best of luck to you!

Jul 27, 2019
I completed the survey!

Not sure if you already discussed this, but please please consider monetizing this game. It looks very professional, you deserve to be paid for this. And it will keep you motivated.

It doesn't even need to be a monthly thing, but more of a "I'll collect it when I release a new version" kind of thing.

Only thing I want to mention, and as much as I like shota stuff...why not make the guy an 18+ adolescent? The rest of the cast looks adult enough (25+ years old) to me. That way, you avoid unnecesary controversy and bans from crowdfunding platforms.

Anyway, it's looking mighty good as a concept. So, best of luck to you!
He can't monetize because the country he lives in bans pornography in it's entirety not just extreme stuff. So if he accepts payment for this type of thing it's easily trackable to him since they need his bank information and he could face punishment for it legally. Why do I know this? Because I asked him a few weeks ago the same exact question, I know how you feel my guy.

Lionheart021

Jun 26, 2018
I'm also more partial to Netorase, especially if the wife becomes even more corrupt but still loves the husband and gets off on cuckolding/humiliating him with the husband being totally on board with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a similar type of route.

Reactions: zandalari

narnif

Sep 4, 2017
NTR MC that isn't a spineless, clueless, useless wimp? This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for, damnit! Really digging the sense of exasperated "Fine, I'll do it myself!" I'm getting from this passion project.

Reactions: Donjo and Back
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote