Collection Video Taka84 collection [2023-11-01] [taka84_mmd]

SS55★

Nov 24, 2018
nope, try switching the encoding in WinRAR (GBK, CP437, Shift-JIS usually one of those does it), otherwise idk.
I always get this when downloading the originals so it's interesting you get this when it looks ok for me
Thanks for the tip, updated WinRAR to latest version and found the option "Names encoding" in Options menu. Chose code 65001 (UTF-8) and names load properly. Interestingly, none of GBK/CP437/Shift-JIS worked - possibly due to OS / platform differences.

WinRAR claims on its homepage that it is the only compression software that supports Unicode :unsure: -
1698828375189.png

Based on other forums (7z, zip), unless the code page (CP437/Shift-JIS/etc.) is known which was used for zipping, it will be difficult to decode. The default code page used depends on characters in file names, OS, system architecture (LE/BE) and system locale setting.

Pixeldrain itself decode the zip filename list correctly
Pixeldrain uses a parser based in Svelte language which seems to decode names correctly. Programming languages are developed to be cross-platform, so not surprised. Thanks for sharing this hint, helped research.

Anyways, still wonder why compression utilities don't have a uniform mechanism to retain proper encoding cross-platform and only newer versions of WinRAR have an option to tinker in this respect.

indecentidiot

Feb 9, 2021
So just to clarify, the thread has everything from start till recent?
I think 09.2023 is missing. edit: 08.2023 s well

Thanks for the tip, updated WinRAR to latest version and found the option "Names encoding" in Options menu. Chose code 65001 (UTF-8) and names load properly. Interestingly, none of GBK/CP437/Shift-JIS worked - possibly due to OS / platform differences.

WinRAR claims on its homepage that it is the only compression software that supports Unicode :unsure: -
View attachment 3051657

Based on other forums (7z, zip), unless the code page (CP437/Shift-JIS/etc.) is known which was used for zipping, it will be difficult to decode. The default code page used depends on characters in file names, OS, system architecture (LE/BE) and system locale setting.

Pixeldrain uses a parser based in Svelte language which seems to decode names correctly. Programming languages are developed to be cross-platform, so not surprised. Thanks for sharing this hint, helped research.

Anyways, still wonder why compression utilities don't have a uniform mechanism to retain proper encoding cross-platform and only newer versions of WinRAR have an option to tinker in this respect.
So I tried downloading this on my Mac (zipped on Windows using 7zip) and it's still unzipping fine using the default encoding (no clue what that is tho sorry). There's also a python package for working with zip files which allows you to set the encoding (WinRAR is by far the most reliable tho).

Last edited:
Reactions: SS55★

Apr 12, 2019
Does anyone have the original zip files of these four posts from Taka84?

RGZ34

May 12, 2020
Is this up to date?
already downloaded and yes it has the last 2 updates and some old videos (i think it has been uploaded here)

the contents: