qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
I actually have a few questions of my own regarding chastity:
  • Is there any difference between the cages (apart from the one you can buy off the witch of course) or is that purely aesthetic?
  • Does the "size" enchantment do anything? I can't even tell if it's supposed to mean it's getting bigger or smaller.
  • Does the "permanent" enchantment have a purpose? Like is there some way it can be applied outside of enchanting it yourself?
  • Buying a chastity cage places it directly in the equipment slot. Is this intended behavior? It causes an issue where buying a new chastity cage while already wearing one does not put it in your inventory. The cage you intended to buy just poofs out of existence entirely and your money was spent for nothing.

Reactions: Turkishlads

prisoner416

Jan 3, 2018
Possibly you're a Warrior this time? As a Warrior (which has Weak to Anal) you get anally addicted after getting fucked in the ass 1, 3, and 5 times, respectively - it's more for those without that perk.

That's part of why we broke out the Sex stances into a separate tab - and we'll probably make it upgrade with a different skill-point type as well, if we don't make sex learning specifically tied to sexual experience altogether. Positions moreso come down to preference, though if you do have a combat strategy that involves sex (which will be improved), knowing which positions you intend to get the enemy into could help guide those choices.

Any chance of getting a scene replay gallery that replays text/sex? The cg poser just isn't enough.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
I actually have a few questions of my own regarding chastity:
  • Is there any difference between the cages (apart from the one you can buy off the witch of course) or is that purely aesthetic?
  • Does the "size" enchantment do anything? I can't even tell if it's supposed to mean it's getting bigger or smaller.
  • Does the "permanent" enchantment have a purpose? Like is there some way it can be applied outside of enchanting it yourself?
  • Buying a chastity cage places it directly in the equipment slot. Is this intended behavior? It causes an issue where buying a new chastity cage while already wearing one does not put it in your inventory. The cage you intended to buy just poofs out of existence entirely and your money was spent for nothing.
I'm not the dev but i'm giving my 2 cents here.
1st: Cage of Power (turquoise-green colored) increases magic by 1, i seem to recall a time where every cage did that, not anymore, others are just purely aesthetic AFAIK.
2nd: Not 100% sure but probably affects some lines in encounters, someone with more knowledge can correct me.
3rd: Currently you can only enchant it yourself, there's the "permanent chastity" scene with "demon king" but it's a bad end and actually doesn't enchant it. If you enchant your cage, you cannot open it even if you have the key in your inventory, only way to remove it by that point is to edit your savefile.
4th: Might be an oversight, dunno.

Amogussy690

Mar 15, 2023
This game needs to be renamed to "Tales of Unending Text", you do more reading than actually playing the game. There are too much text that my attention span slips and I don't know tf is going on. Like the quests for example, there are a lot of useless information that was dumped into you (like the brothel questline) before they go to the topic. And then when I opened the quest log, you can't see the active quests, instead it will show the unique encounters you got (like why even calling it quest log if you can't see the active quest, or maybe i'm just too blind to see the active quest button). Even the skills, LIKE why there is a lot of skills with a lot of description, because of this I'm just wasting my time experimenting for this game instead of doing productive for the game. It's somewhat understandable when in scenes but ffs hate reading even in picking my skills.

Even though the game is great and combat somewhat enjoyable, its the mountains of texts and dialogues that makes me mad.

Pa3uk

Jul 22, 2017
This game needs to be renamed to "Tales of Unending Text", you do more reading than actually playing the game. There are too much text that my attention span slips and I don't know tf is going on. Like the quests for example, there are a lot of useless information that was dumped into you (like the brothel questline) before they go to the topic. And then when I opened the quest log, you can't see the active quests, instead it will show the unique encounters you got (like why even calling it quest log if you can't see the active quest, or maybe i'm just too blind to see the active quest button). Even the skills, LIKE why there is a lot of skills with a lot of description, because of this I'm just wasting my time experimenting for this game instead of doing productive for the game. It's somewhat understandable when in scenes but ffs hate reading even in picking my skills.

Even though the game is great and combat somewhat enjoyable, its the mountains of texts and dialogues that makes me mad.
Every game will find its own (Player)... if this is NOT YOUR genre, then there is no point in trying... For example, there is a game (corruption champions AND similar games by this AUTHOR) = which is 95% TEXT, but there is a lot of fandom in it base and if you believe them, then there is SUCH A PLOT that MARVELL films are "smoked on the side".... (I did NOT like the game -_-)...
But this game is interesting, with its character builds, I agree - there is little content and in fact there is no clear GOAL and there is still no visible end (logical), but damn, we are talking about a GAME that is still on a JAVA engine, what can we be talking about ? -_- ...She is NOT bad and NOT good...

Maiar

May 17, 2022
There really isn't "too much text" in ToA, the only issue is that maybe it's too spread out among the text boxes that maybe leads to the feeling of endlessly clicking through text. Even then, if your attention is slipping at all while playing this game then perhaps you just need to have some Subway Surfers in a window beside the game?

I've never messed with the text options in game because I find it perfectly fit for purpose, so excuse me if there's ways to adjust the text boxes in the game already.

Reactions: WasteAway

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018

1468202134909.jpg
Few paraghaps is "too much"?
I've seen kids glued to smartphone screens and tablet screens 24/7 with longer attention spans.

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
1st: Cage of Power (turquoise-green colored) increases magic by 1, i seem to recall a time where every cage did that, not anymore, others are just purely aesthetic AFAIK.
2nd: Not 100% sure but probably affects some lines in encounters, someone with more knowledge can correct me.
3rd: Currently you can only enchant it yourself, there's the "permanent chastity" scene with "demon king" but it's a bad end and actually doesn't enchant it. If you enchant your cage, you cannot open it even if you have the key in your inventory, only way to remove it by that point is to edit your savefile.
4th: Might be an oversight, dunno.
1. I mentioned the one you can get from the witch. That's cage of power.
2. k
3. I know what the permanent enchantment does. I was asking if there's a reason for it existing other than personal roleplay.
4. yeh, pretty sure it's a bug. Bought chastity cages probably should go in inventory by default. Obviously anyone buying one is going to check their inventory to equip it regardless. The bug wouldn't exist if that was how it was implemented.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Every game will find its own (Player)... if this is NOT YOUR genre, then there is no point in trying... For example, there is a game (corruption champions AND similar games by this AUTHOR) = which is 95% TEXT, but there is a lot of fandom in it base and if you believe them, then there is SUCH A PLOT that MARVELL films are "smoked on the side".... (I did NOT like the game -_-)...
But this game is interesting, with its character builds, I agree - there is little content and in fact there is no clear GOAL and there is still no visible end (logical), but damn, we are talking about a GAME that is still on a JAVA engine, what can we be talking about ? -_- ...She is NOT bad and NOT good...
CoC isn't made by Majalis, but you are right that it is filled with text.
View attachment 3033230
Few paraghaps is "too much"?
I've seen kids glued to smartphone screens and tablet screens 24/7 with longer attention spans.
To be fair, some men are quick shooters and can't afford that much time before they bust to the best girl. :Kappa:

slavbruh

Sep 24, 2021
. I admit it's a lot to take in, both the large skill list (splitting out the sex stances helped with this information overload
Alas, the skill descriptions are sometimes lacking or they even don't have no descriptions at all. For example, there's really no good way to figure out skill distribution for the mage. And I'd go on record to say, it feels that the mage is nerfed.

Some classes should go with pre-assigned free skills like the thief. There's a skill to steal stuff during combat, but the mechanics isn't described at all. Playing ranger is a buzz-kill because the engine starts generating arrows a while later in the game.

I too feel like there's a ton of skills but tbh, sometimes it's not clear if a certain one will provide me completely different gaming experience.

Sintonir

Jul 13, 2021
That's part of why we broke out the Sex stances into a separate tab - and we'll probably make it upgrade with a different skill-point type as well, if we don't make sex learning specifically tied to sexual experience altogether. Positions moreso come down to preference, though if you do have a combat strategy that involves sex (which will be improved), knowing which positions you intend to get the enemy into could help guide those choices.
It seems my version was way behind this update (actually, when it was done? I don't see it in the changelog...), this is definitely a step in the right direction.
I've been thinking sex might be just separated into giving/receiving stances (maybe some still separately, like oral), with specific positions being more of a status, like a distance to enemy. This way some or most actions would be possible regardless of actual position(and won't be required to level up separately), but some can be tied to it, like drawing the bow is only possible when there is distance between Hiro and the enemy. But that's just an idea, it's your game and I like it as it is, actually.

Reactions: WasteAway and 6324

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Alas, the skill descriptions are sometimes lacking or they even don't have no descriptions at all. For example, there's really no good way to figure out skill distribution for the mage. And I'd go on record to say, it feels that the mage is nerfed.

Some classes should go with pre-assigned free skills like the thief. There's a skill to steal stuff during combat, but the mechanics isn't described at all. Playing ranger is a buzz-kill because the engine starts generating arrows a while later in the game.

I too feel like there's a ton of skills but tbh, sometimes it's not clear if a certain one will provide me completely different gaming experience.
Mage is nerfed in the form of elemental resistance. I wouldn't mind it so much if the three basic elemental attacks were free, but I supposed it just means you either need to avoid certain enemies or invest in melee as well. Also, ranger starts with a bow, while the others have to get theirs from the centaur I believe. Although, since I never use a bow I can't remember exactly how to get it from her.

Sintonir

Jul 13, 2021
Mage is nerfed in the form of elemental resistance. I wouldn't mind it so much if the three basic elemental attacks were free, but I supposed it just means you either need to avoid certain enemies or invest in melee as well.
Melee characters also need to avoid certain enemy (ghost) or invest in magic.
But it may be nice to give the mage at least basic form of all 3 elemental abilities, maybe instead of some perks.
Although, since I never use a bow I can't remember exactly how to get it from her.
You can get it by willingly satisfying her without combat (doesn't work with unicorn, so not for virgins). Maybe there is another way...

Last edited:

sandexxxxa

Mar 21, 2021

View attachment 3024375

Hayoooo! New weekly!!! Lots of combat stuff this time around!

So, while I wanted to wait for the AI system to be fully in place before we did, we've done a bit of a combat pass - adjusting a lot of things and adding new techniques and some new features, as well. Both physical and magical options are seeing major changes, with Magic getting a bunch of interesting toys and new concepts, and Physical getting some really powerful options, along with some of the existing systems playing a larger role, like weapon grip and stamina/stability management. Stealing also now works based on item value and weight, as well.

On the Magic side of things, we have the Awakened perk, which gives access to Magic spells, and also determines how much mana you start combat with, which will overall be lower. The "channeling" techniques that restore mana are now more potent - and there's a new one that is usable in Defensive stance - partially to compensate for this, along with the Archmage perk, which gives mana while using the Incantation skills. On the flipside, there's the Quickcast spell, which costs mana to get directly from Balanced to Deep Casting. And on the defensive side, we have the Spellblade and Incanter perks, which give parry and evasion, respectively - for the former, while using spells/incanting/deep incanting (ranks 1, 2, 3, respectively) and for the latter, while Incanting/Deep Incanting (ranks 1, 2, respectively). There's also Deflect (a perfect parry spell) and Fizzle... which lets you cancel your Casting and also remains an option when you don't have any mana, which helps make it clearer when that's the case, instead of letting you use the spell, but having it fizzle anyway. A lot of spells got improved in terms of their stats, putting more focus on the spells themselves and a little less on your Magic score.

All six of the "advanced" combat stances (Blitz, Berserk, Haymaker, Counter, Focus, Stonewall) got changes, some pretty major, like multi-attack for Blitz and Berserk, and Counter getting pretty big buffs and a Trip skill, as well as Focus and Haymaker getting some boosts. On the flip side, enemies now have unique and better armor, and there's been some other adjustments to the power numbers behind physical attacks, as well as increased stability and stamina costs, and a reduction to armor sunder and knockdown, as well as Disarm (weapon grip damage) being more common.

There's also some neat little improvements to the combat system, like merged feet/legs for the naga-types and mermaid, tall enemies having their head off-limits unless you get them kneeling, etc. There's also some more clarity about the Defense/Negation system, with parries and evasion, like block, displaying how much damage they're taking off (each point of evasion/parry/block takes away 1/4th of the damage of a physical attack, redirecting it to Nothing - Your Weapon Grip - Your Shield durability, respectively).

I did a bunch of testing as I was implementing this stuff and after, but at the very least hopefully there aren't any crashes lying around, but there still may be, or odd behaviors. It should all be good but, y'know - I'm doing the testing and I'm also the one implementing it, and I am but a simple snail.

We're also going to be posting up a preview of the Canonical Cock Chart we've been working on after this, along with a short devlog related to it.

Sorry if you're still waiting on that AI devlog; I think we've finally settled on an approach for AI that's going to work, but it's a doozy of a project - up until now I've mostly been cleaning up the existing AI code and moving it all into a proper system that distinguishes between what's AI decision-making and what's allowable by the game, and that's been paying dividends in terms of fixing bugs, clarity of the existing implementation, and allowing for me to add specific AI behaviors in a similarly bug-free way, but what it hasn't done, and what the AI solution will do, is allow for more long-term thinking and more player visibility into why enemies are doing what they're doing, which will be great both from a gameplay perspective and an erotic perspective. But, there's still more to do there, so I'll talk about that more with that devlog - for now, enjoy!

Next up we've got the Slime Bootyshot, maybe a nice cock close-up, more Brothel Madam, and maybe more Urka, too, while we're at it.

As always, changelog is below, and download links in the OP. Support Majalis on !

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Links in the OP!
Cmon dude its already over 9000 skills... I'm already confused about them... There need only 3 skill atack, skip and sex...

• Angry
Reactions: Twiton

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
Is there pronounces for MC she\her yet?
There is no pronoun toggle yet, but it is a polled feature.
I'm not sure it really makes a lot of sense to. There's a good handful of gags in the game regarding Hiro insisting he's a boy and various NPC's calling him a girl. Giving feminine pronouns would require overhauling those scenes for what comes off as a trivial feature.
Though I could see a world where The Warlock's "girl training" would have an impact on the way these scenes play out.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes