Tenty

Dec 29, 2018
It is insane to say that Assault, All Out Blitz, Vault, Berserk, Haymaker are all interchangeable. Berserk locks you into the stance, making defensive skills impossible until you trip/get knocked down/pass out, Vault puts you in the air, forcing you to switch stances immediately, dodging low attacks, and being countered by enemies with the ability to grab you out of the air. Haymaker is defenseless, making it risky to use, and has a tremendous damage bonus, allowing you to damage the enemy through armor, but requires an extra setup turn. Assault ignores blocking - kind of important if your opponent is, y'know, blocking. Just 0/5.

The DPS race is exactly what this update is intended to address, again. That's why there's boosted enemy-unique armor and reductions in knockdown and armor destruction, to slow down the pace of victory - along with the AI changes that will actually allow the enemy to punish you for overly-aggressive play, when they currently will often let you get away with it. These changes haven't happened till now partially for that reason - most of the complaints people have are about the combat being too difficult, so I couldn't very well make it harder. But that's what I'm doing now, closer to the point where I have the levers to smooth out the difficult by having the AI be consistent, and carefully targeting where the AI will go easy on you and how you can manipulate it - things like arousing enemies or getting them drunk so their decision-making is worse or their goals change from beating you down to something else. Like, I cannot stress enough that you yadda yadda'd over the actual changes that are fixing the problems you're currently complaining about based on the erroneous assumption that a ton of effort has mistakenly gone into trying to fix these problems in the past, which is just wrong.

The solutions to the problems you're raising exist without removing a bunch of skills. If the problem is that Tempo Attack is too effective, it can just be made less effective. If you want an answer to "why shouldn't I just spam this one attack or this simple strategy", the answer is "make it so that spamming this one attack or strategy causes you to lose", obviously, and the fact that people miss that is genuinely baffling. And it's not that I can't do that - I've deliberately avoided doing it so people wouldn't complain about things being too hard.

How are you supposed to figure out that hitting the Dullahan's hand will make her drop her head? I'll tell you! First off, you might just try it, thinking it might do that! You might be trying to disarm her whip. You might try to hit her head, only to have it whiff, because obviously her head isn't where it is on a normal fighter, and think to yourself "oh, of course, her head isn't there... but she is holding it." You might read the changelog. You might hear it from somebody else and go try it. If your goal is to actually explore the game's combat and not to find some optimal route to the easiest victory, which... is not a good assumption for how people are playing this game, for a number of reasons, then you might just find it that way, too. Even the people who don't care about the combat as an artifact itself might care about the sex aspects of it, and might be using seduction in combat not to do the most effective possible thing in combat, but for some other reason, like, maybe, because it's hot?

Or, you might just not see it.

Making the Dullahan drop her head because she fell down is not nearly as fun or interesting as making her drop her head because you realize that if you hit her hand, she'll drop her head. Hitting the "Knock Over" button when you want to knock the enemy over, instead of puzzling out how you can knock them over, is not fun. It's a glorified gallery viewer.

As for Scrambled Eggs - all you need to do is have nothing covering your crotch and she'll automatically do it while she's in Haymaker. That's it. Actually, I can see that she does have one other option now, because of the newer AI system, so I can make sure she uses it guaranteed. I absolutely do not care if people miss things that they could have seen. If you're someone who needs to see absolutely everything in a game, you have my sympathy, but not my accommodation. Finding things spontaneously and surprisingly is one of the great joys of playing games. How are you supposed to know there's a hidden wall behind the chest that is already relatively well-hidden in Blighttown that leads to two entire optional areas of the game, one of which has a beautiful, haunting vista that you would otherwise miss? You aren't. And when you stumble on it, it's magical. And then you can tell somebody else about it, and they can go and see what they missed. I love seeing comments from people discovering the Troja easter egg for the first time and being pleasantly surprised by it, or people stumbling upon the debt Bunnies or the Giantess valley or the Mouth Fiend.

There is an enormous amount of content in this game. People finding it for the first time routinely message me and say they can't believe how much there is - before they realize the game has more than one map. "What if a given player doesn't see absolutely everything in the game" is not a problem I care to give much attention to at all. Notably, there is a tracker for how much of the game you've seen, but there's no achievement for 100% (or ANY percent, for that matter), because that tracker is only meant to give you a rough idea of how much more there is, and maybe a hint about things you haven't seen yet.

So the long and short of it is that I'm not designing for those goals. I'm not trying to make a simple, easy to understand combat system that anyone can pick up and immediately fully understand that will show them all the possible interactions without having to experiment or think about anything. I'm not trying to make sure every unique interaction is seen by every player. Sometimes less is more. Sometimes more is more. Brevity may be the soul of wit*, but it's definitely not the soul of sex.

*this quote is actually meant ironically in context
I understand your point, but with the current amount of skills, girls and stances, magic, grapple, clothes, accesories it is an *immense* undertaking to flesh them all out. You are one guy doing this, assuming your partner commits full time to the high quality art and animation. And that is just the combat aspect of the game, not counting all the other big plans like story mode, companions, quests, the roguelike mode, etc.

The dark souls example is actually a great point. Dark souls establishes early that there are many alternative passages and you will be (most of the time) rewarded for exploration, not punished. In addition, you can get clues with the in game messages. It is a fleshed out system that is consistent througout the game, with some small twists.
In ToA, you are punished if you stray from the meta and experiment and with so many skills and stances the unique interactions seem arbitrary and random. The lost HP carries over to the next encounter and most skills are just the clearly best picks. Right now to experience all these scenes, the best way is to quicksave, try out something until you discover a scene, look at it and enjoy it, quickload and cut down the enemy health asap with actually good skills to then actually progress. Is this really the intended way? My example with overrun was an example how you maybe could combine gameplay with unique interactions. Knocking down enemies is a good combat strategy and one can assume that players who want to win may try to use overrun on Dullahan if they see that she is unbalanced. The chance of that happening is pretty high and adds both depth to overrun and the balance system. They would also "naturally" encounter the head drop scene and get to enjoy it. What is the chance a player picks wrist shot and thinks of using it on her?

It think ultimately you run the risk of ending up with tons of unique interactions, but them being spread over many redundant skills and still feeling sparse and arbitrary.

Well, the point stands that the player will not use all those. Those skills have huge downsides, and so nobody would ever suggest to even learn them.

I never knew that Vault is essential to find Ouroboros stances before I was told it is. Because this skill DOES NOTHING FOR ME. I don't know what could do the attacks aimed at hand to Dullahan. Because I WOULD NEVER AIM FOR THE HAND.

Why? Am I lazy? Am I dumb? Probably not. It's just currently, here and now grip on weapon as mechanic bears NO IMPORTANCE. I don't need to hit their hands because I must hit their chest and end the fight faster. And that's the general issue with the approach to mechanics in this game. They exist to be there. They exist, because it's “neat that there are such mechanics”. But the gameplay DISCOURAGES YOU COMPLETELY to use them. And that's not what it should do. It should reward you for going out of your usual way to try shocking spell on Golem. But you actually made elemental spells worse by making some characters immune to them. And they were already bad because you need to: invest soul crystals in them; invest stats in Magic (that is objectively less useful of a stat than any other stat besides Charisma); spend two-three turns to cast it. Why would I even do that to all the opponent to figure out one has a unique reaction? I won't. Because it will ruin my walkthrough. I will have to restart everything when I realize this build sucks and it doesn't let me freely get the scenes I wanted to.
Yep, this.

Last edited:

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
I understand your point, but with the current amount of skills, girls and stances, magic, grapple, clothes, accesories it is an *immense* undertaking to flesh them all out. You are one guy doing this, assuming your partner commits full time to the high quality art and animation. And that is just the combat aspect of the game, not counting all the other big plans like story mode, companions, quests, the roguelike mode, etc.

The dark souls example is actually a great point. Dark souls establishes early that there are many alternative passages and you will be (most of the time) rewarded for exploration, not punished. In addition, you can get clues with the in game messages. It is a fleshed out system that is consistent througout the game, qith some small twists.
In ToA, you are punished if you stray from the meta and experiment and with so many skills and stances the unique interactions seem arbitrary and random. The lost HP carries over to the next encounter and most skills are just the clearly best picks. Right now to experience all these scenes, the best way is to quicksave, try out something until you discover a scene, look at it and enjoy it, quickload and cut down the enemy health asap with actually hood skills to then actually progress. Is this really the intended way? My example with overrun was an example how you maybe could combine gameplay with unique interactions. Knocking down enemies is a good combat strategy and one can assume that players who want to win may try to use overrun on Dullahan if they see that she is unbalanced. The chance of that happening is pretty high and adds both depth to overrun and the balance system. They would also "naturally" encounter the head drop scene and get to enjoy it. What is the chance a player picks wrist shot and thinks of using it on her?

It think ultimately you run the risk of ending up with tons of unique interactions, but them being spread over many redundant skills and still feeling sparse and arbitrary.
I think I want to just leave you with the thought that you just described Dark Souls using such motivated reasoning that you ended up with "Dark souls establishes early that there are many alternative passages and you will be (most of the time) rewarded for exploration, not punished." which is not at all what Dark Souls establishes. Dark Souls establishes that opening a treasure chest might kill you. It establishes that going off the beaten path may have an item, or it may have a Dark Knight who will disembowel you. It establishes, in the very beginning of the game outside of the tutorial, that sometimes going off the beaten path means you will be killed by a dozen skeletons, or fight intangible ghosts you have little hope of understanding. You will absolutely be punished for exploring in Dark Souls, even if it's expected that your dangerous curiosity will also lead to rewards, and that punishing obstacles can be their own reward. It just doesn't care that going off the beaten path will likely mean your death, because it respects player choice. Like, read this entire paragraph again if you don't get it. Dark Souls is not remotely like what you just described it as, and there's a good reason for that.

And, again, I don't want the player to "naturally" encounter things because there are four buttons and every one they hit results in something unique. I want people to be excited when they find something unexpected. The Souls games absolutely do not give a shit if you miss something (see: every single NPC quest in any of the Dark Souls games, or how you enter the ENTIRE DLC in Dark Souls 1), which is why finding things in them is rewarding.

Pervtron3000

Jan 3, 2019
*expert ToA combat stuff thats way over my head*
I don't usually fight in combat, but when I do I came across a combo that has always worked for me in every encounter Fade-Away -> Parry -> Disarm [REPEAT]

I always give myself enough crystals and points to unlock everything at the beginning of the game though. Doesn't do a lot of damage but it seems to get the job done without taking a lot of damage and needing to use potions.
I also wouldn't find content hidden behind something like you mention, because I only fight when I know their sex stamina is inexhaustible, and then my attitude toward fighting is just "ugh, whatever, get it over with ew gross fighting yuck"

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tenty

Budouka

Aug 15, 2022
The thing I'm keeping in my head for two years already is this: ToA is developing as an illustrated book, not as a game. It really doesn't want to invest into playing it and all.

The writer for this game seems proud that people find ToA huge. But it is huge as a visual novel, a book. As a game it looks like it barely changed since 2019. I think it was the last year when the META actually changed. Blitz stance had an overpowered skill that was giving you 100% of defence and decent damage if you had high Agility. It was changed. Since then the game barely received any update that changed the way it feels. Now you have an armor weight, which forces you to choose between light and heavy armor, you have a little bit better upgrade system (you can never use it and it won't hurt much tho), now there's a debuff from irritated anus, and that's it. It was almost 5 years, and that's really it.

It's not hard to find real games that in this particular aspect are much better. Lust Doll, for example. They made sex an alternative to combat. It has own mechanics and it has own unique outcomes. ToA's combat sex, which, as Majalis state it, is interesting, hot and all, is not an alternative to combat at all, it can only give you a tiny advantage. Gameplaywise it's useless. Being good at sex won't reward you with experience. It never gives you really cool outcomes, just a generic “you were fucked silly” text. In Lust Doll you can challenge a minotaur girl for a sparring and win to see her cheerful and tomboysh, or make her horny, start sex and make her embarrassed, meet her at shower and have a continuation to see this character in a very different light. It gives you depth and immersion, gameplay is giving you freedom, a feeling that you really are making choices. In ToA you just bash buttons to see scenes usually, or pass checks to branch them. Like in a visual novel. Not in a real game.

Honestly, I'm embarrassing myself by being so persistent. But I really don't understand. You paid for a person to make your Developer AI. Why do you use it and use your time to make more skills that are not making any difference? They're useless. U s e l e s s. Nobody is picking them. They don't give you real scenes with very scarce exceptions. Vault can give you one scene with Demon King in ouroboros, which seems like something worth the trouble, interesting and good. But that's one character. With other 40-50 battles, if I use Vault, I get damage. And it's boring. I may be rude, but who do you think we are? Is our time so cheap that we will use the bad skills like hand hits on every of 40+ fights just to get one scene where the head is falling, and you are being fucked? And then we do it with 100 other moves to get 2 or 3 real scenes? Have decensy. Remove skills that are a deadweight. Start with spells like Cinder-Flame-Inferno, you barely find use for one such spell in current meta, you don't need three times three of them.

Tenty

Dec 29, 2018
I think I want to just leave you with the thought that you just described Dark Souls using such motivated reasoning that you ended up with "Dark souls establishes early that there are many alternative passages and you will be (most of the time) rewarded for exploration, not punished." which is not at all what Dark Souls establishes. Dark Souls establishes that opening a treasure chest might kill you. It establishes that going off the beaten path may have an item, or it may have a Dark Knight who will disembowel you. It establishes, in the very beginning of the game outside of the tutorial, that sometimes going off the beaten path means you will be killed by a dozen skeletons, or fight intangible ghosts you have little hope of understanding. You will absolutely be punished for exploring in Dark Souls, even if it's expected that your dangerous curiosity will also lead to rewards, and that punishing obstacles can be their own reward. It just doesn't care that going off the beaten path will likely mean your death, because it respects player choice. Like, read this entire paragraph again if you don't get it. Dark Souls is not remotely like what you just described it as, and there's a good reason for that.

And, again, I don't want the player to "naturally" encounter things because there are four buttons and every one they hit results in something unique. I want people to be excited when they find something unexpected. The Souls games absolutely do not give a shit if you miss something (see: every single NPC quest in any of the Dark Souls games, or how you enter the ENTIRE DLC in Dark Souls 1), which is why finding things in them is rewarding.
I had a different experience with exploring in dark souls, but I understand your overall point.

Do you have some ability to poll your backers? I am sure if you would do a survey on what type of skills and stances they use, you would get the result that many of them arent being used because they are redundant or straight up bad. I think skills like center, head/wrist/foot shot, berserk, haymaker, magic except heal, seduce, stonewall, feint, the archery system are only being used by a few players, if any. I am very confident the data would support my theory. Now, how you hadle that info, is up to you.
-Rebalance the skills to give them all a meaningful niche
-Add tons of cool interactions with girls to each skill, making using them fun and sexy despite not being meta
-Remove the unused and (mostly, stop splitting hairs ^^) redundant skills and focus on cool interaction and balancing for the remainder

I respect the ambition, and sincerely hope that I am wrong and it comes all together at the end and works no matter what you pick. But I think it is very true that there are many ambitious half baked ideas in the game that will take many years to be completed if not adjusted, that is if they get completed at all.

I don't usually fight in combat, but when I do I came across a combo that has always worked for me in every encounter Fade-Away -> Parry -> Disarm [REPEAT]

I always give myself enough crystals and points to unlock everything at the beginning of the game though. Doesn't do a lot of damage but it seems to get the job done without taking a lot of damage and needing to use potions.
I also wouldn't find content hidden behind something like you mention, because I only fight when I know their sex stamina is inexhaustible, and then my attitude toward fighting is just "ugh, whatever, get it over with ew gross fighting yuck"
I usually put skill points into Armor Crusher and Tempo Attack and go AC until armor is gone, then Tempo attack, guard when balance is low. If your fast attack bleeds an enemy, you can grapple her until she bleeds out.
Another strat is going high strength/agi and skilling blitz stance->assault to just deal consistent massive damage.
You can also add Overrun and use it when the enemy is at low balance, then use crushing blow while he is down for massive extra damage.
The thing I'm keeping in my head for two years already is this: ToA is developing as an illustrated book, not as a game. It really doesn't want to invest into playing it and all.

The writer for this game seems proud that people find ToA huge. But it is huge as a visual novel, a book. As a game it looks like it barely changed since 2019. I think it was the last year when the META actually changed. Blitz stance had an overpowered skill that was giving you 100% of defence and decent damage if you had high Agility. It was changed. Since then the game barely received any update that changed the way it feels. Now you have an armor weight, which forces you to choose between light and heavy armor, you have a little bit better upgrade system (you can never use it and it won't hurt much tho), now there's a debuff from irritated anus, and that's it. It was almost 5 years, and that's really it.

It's not hard to find real games that in this particular aspect are much better. Lust Doll, for example. They made sex an alternative to combat. It has own mechanics and it has own unique outcomes. ToA's combat sex, which, as Majalis state it, is interesting, hot and all, is not an alternative to combat at all, it can only give you a tiny advantage. Gameplaywise it's useless. Being good at sex won't reward you with experience. It never gives you really cool outcomes, just a generic “you were fucked silly” text. In Lust Doll you can challenge a minotaur girl for a sparring and win to see her cheerful and tomboysh, or make her horny, start sex and make her embarrassed, meet her at shower and have a continuation to see this character in a very different light. It gives you depth and immersion, gameplay is giving you freedom, a feeling that you really are making choices. In ToA you just bash buttons to see scenes usually, or pass checks to branch them. Like in a visual novel. Not in a real game.

Honestly, I'm embarrassing myself by being so persistent. But I really don't understand. You paid for a person to make your Developer AI. Why do you use it and use your time to make more skills that are not making any difference? They're useless. U s e l e s s. Nobody is picking them. They don't give you real scenes with very scarce exceptions. Vault can give you one scene with Demon King in ouroboros, which seems like something worth the trouble, interesting and good. But that's one character. With other 40-50 battles, if I use Vault, I get damage. And it's boring. I may be rude, but who do you think we are? Is our time so cheap that we will use the bad skills like hand hits on every of 40+ fights just to get one scene where the head is falling, and you are being fucked? And then we do it with 100 other moves to get 2 or 3 real scenes? Have decensy. Remove skills that are a deadweight. Start with spells like Cinder-Flame-Inferno, you barely find use for one such spell in current meta, you don't need three times three of them.
I think you are being very harsh. I don't like the direction the devs are going with the combat, but it has some cool ideas and is very unique.
I think the grapple system and unique skill interactions (maybe include mid-combat scenes?) have great potential to finally combine the combat aspect with the erotic aspects of the game. But I agree that removing many of the redundant skills and focusing on the ones that matter would be the smartest course of action.

Turkishlads

Aug 6, 2021
Are we just going to ignore the fact that you can stack Strength in the latest update to ridiculous levels (2k+) just by spamming Incantation>Titan Strength or by Berserk>Enrage??? One shots anything, and even Demon King just needs 2 hits.

• Wow
Reactions: Twiton and Tenty

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
I had a different experience with exploring in dark souls, but I understand your overall point.

Do you have some ability to poll your backers? I am sure if you would do a survey on what type of skills and stances they use, you would get the result that many of them arent being used because they are redundant or straight up bad. I think skills like center, head/wrist/foot shot, berserk, haymaker, magic except heal, seduce, stonewall, feint, the archery system are only being used by a few players, if any. I am very confident the data would support my theory. Now, how you hadle that info, is up to you.
-Rebalance the skills to give them all a meaningful niche
-Add tons of cool interactions with girls to each skill, making using them fun and sexy despite not being meta
-Remove the unused and (mostly, stop splitting hairs ^^) redundant skills and focus on cool interaction and balancing for the remainder

I respect the ambition, and sincerely hope that I am wrong and it comes all together at the end and works no matter what you pick. But I think it is very true that there are many ambitious half baked ideas in the game that will take many years to be completed if not adjusted, that is if they get completed at all.

I usually put skill points into Armor Crusher and Tempo Attack and go AC until armor is gone, then Tempo attack, guard when balance is low. If your fast attack bleeds an enemy, you can grapple her until she bleeds out.
Another strat is going high strength/agi and skilling blitz stance->assault to just deal consistent massive damage.
You can also add Overrun and use it when the enemy is at low balance, then use crushing blow while he is down for massive extra damage.

I think you are being very harsh. I don't like the direction the devs are going with the combat, but it has some cool ideas and is very unique.
I think the grapple system and unique skill interactions (maybe include mid-combat scenes?) have great potential to finally combine the combat aspect with the erotic aspects of the game. But I agree that removing many of the redundant skills and focusing on the ones that matter would be the smartest course of action.
Man, all of those were improved in the update. The problem is not that there are too many skills - the problem is that some skills are undertuned! It is not hair-splitting to point out that the skills operate in fundamentally different ways from a strategic standpoint. That's why I released a big balance patch! Some might need more improvements, but little numerical improvements or even bonus attributes are really not hard or involved for me to do.

As for Armor Crusher and Tempo Attack, this is the third time I am saying this: if you read the patch notes, you would see that strategy has received an enormous nerf. All physical damage has with the addition of enemy armor and reduction to armor sunder and knockdown. I'm worried about touching it anymore, in fact, because once the AI is actually trying to win, they will - and then if a strategy is too dominant, we'll know what it is. Oh, and I already fixed the cap on stacking status effects.

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Damn, I just asked if the combat meta was the same, didn't think it would devolve into a full discussion about the complexity and depth of the combat system lmao
Majalis replying here does activate everyone's desire to give their input, lots of folks here really care about the game or want to be heard regarding their feedback.

Kinda wish we had an AMA with them.

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Genuinely insightful output about the AI implementation being improved to work around previously OP tactics.
But is Herobrin- I mean, is Helena fixed again? Still find it funny that she wrestles Hiro to the ground just to punch him in the face.

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
The problem is not that there are too many skills - the problem is that some skills are undertuned!
I think the main problem is that it's too much information too early.
Imagine it's your first time creating a character in this game: you choose your class, you apply your stats, all standard fare. But then suddenly there's all these skills dumped on you. You barely have a vague concept of what any of them do. You don't even know how the combat works yet. It being your first time, you're probably aiming for as generic a build as possible to see how the game's supposed to be played. But there's no indication of what "generic" is in this case. It's too easy to get lost. There's good reason nearly every other game doesn't do it this way.

I'm not saying you should go fully in the opposite direction and hold our hands with hyper-restrictive tech trees. But a little nudge in the right direction would do wonders in ending this tired discussion.

Turkishlads

Aug 6, 2021
Man, all of those were improved in the update. The problem is not that there are too many skills - the problem is that some skills are undertuned! It is not hair-splitting to point out that the skills operate in fundamentally different ways from a strategic standpoint. That's why I released a big balance patch! Some might need more improvements, but little numerical improvements or even bonus attributes are really not hard or involved for me to do.

As for Armor Crusher and Tempo Attack, this is the third time I am saying this: if you read the patch notes, you would see that strategy has received an enormous nerf. All physical damage has with the addition of enemy armor and reduction to armor sunder and knockdown. I'm worried about touching it anymore, in fact, because once the AI is actually trying to win, they will - and then if a strategy is too dominant, we'll know what it is. Oh, and I already fixed the cap on stacking status effects.
I'm glad to see stuff fixed!
And I'm also having an issue when entering the Giving Handy stance, where it automatically takes your mouth-virginity from only cranking, which is illogical.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
I think the main problem is that it's too much information too early.
Imagine it's your first time creating a character in this game: you choose your class, you apply your stats, all standard fare. But then suddenly there's all these skills dumped on you. You barely have a vague concept of what any of them do. You don't even know how the combat works yet. It being your first time, you're probably aiming for as generic a build as possible to see how the game's supposed to be played. But there's no indication of what "generic" is in this case. It's too easy to get lost. There's good reason nearly every other game doesn't do it this way.

I'm not saying you should go fully in the opposite direction and hold our hands with hyper-restrictive tech trees. But a little nudge in the right direction would do wonders in ending this tired discussion.
Plenty of games give you a ton of up-front character choices - Baldur's Gate 3 is one in very recent memory. With ToA, it's also... entirely optional. Not only do you not need to allocate your skills/perks to start, you don't really have many points to work with, and it's unlikely to be super make or break in the early game. By virtue of not having any of the advanced combat stances (aside from Blitz for Warrior, which as a class is easy to start out as comparatively) you can just get used to the rhythm of combat. I admit it's a lot to take in, both the large skill list (splitting out the sex stances helped with this information overload, a bit - I might make it so that by default it hides the skills you automatically know in a stance, and give you a button to display them) and once you enter combat and there's a lot to immediately try and decipher, but you can always just try some stuff and experiment, especially if you're not on ironman mode. You don't need a hyper-optimized build - hell, you could start with cheat mode on if you really want bumpers.

I'm glad to see stuff fixed!
And I'm also having an issue when entering the Giving Handy stance, where it automatically takes your mouth-virginity from only cranking, which is illogical.
Ah, thanks, just spotted the source of that and fixed it.

Tighter

Sep 28, 2017
Depending on how high your magic level is + how many spells you have mastered there should be a percentage that allows you to go into a deeper incantation and still let you cast in the same turn. At a certain mastery level it should be 100%.

"Instead of casting the weakest shock spell for 15 damage I will go into incantation to cast a moderately strong spell. Because my magic mastery is so high I have a 100% chance of being able to act again. The mana cost is higher but so be it. I can cast a strong spell or go into a deeper incantation, but I only have an 80% chance to act again if I go deeper because my mastery isn't that high yet."

Last edited:

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Why is the only necromancer/warlock class a dumb gyaru one?
Necro you say?
Plenty of games give you a ton of up-front character choices - Baldur's Gate 3 is one in very recent memory. With ToA, it's also... entirely optional. Not only do you not need to allocate your skills/perks to start, you don't really have many points to work with, and it's unlikely to be super make or break in the early game. By virtue of not having any of the advanced combat stances (aside from Blitz for Warrior, which as a class is easy to start out as comparatively) you can just get used to the rhythm of combat. I admit it's a lot to take in, both the large skill list (splitting out the sex stances helped with this information overload, a bit - I might make it so that by default it hides the skills you automatically know in a stance, and give you a button to display them) and once you enter combat and there's a lot to immediately try and decipher, but you can always just try some stuff and experiment, especially if you're not on ironman mode. You don't need a hyper-optimized build - hell, you could start with cheat mode on if you really want bumpers.
The thing with those DnD games is that they are usually casualized versions of the PnP game, and even then they confuse new gamers. So much so that they have special modes for them, in fact I think some have an easy mode where you can't die. They also had large manuals because of all of the info and terms. The one thing about those stances you mentioned is that I don't think most people would ever know any of it unless they experimented, which they don't seem to be doing. One thing I think could help would be perhaps having this in the skill select screen whenever you click between stances. I know it gives the little explanation when you hover over the stance, but when you switch between the stances it will instead display a movie instead. Perhaps make it part of a beginner tool-tip that you can turn off so new players can get an idea of the possible strategies when thinking about a character.

Also, are you planning on changing the names of the different tabs in both the magic and perks screen like you have in the skills and sex screen? Perks currently has nothing, but magic only has magic for them all.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TalesOfAndrogyny-0.3.37.5Hotfix
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

zero1234

Jun 16, 2017

Ah, thanks, just spotted the source of that and fixed it.
While your about i wanted to ask what exactly causes the red perks specially anal addict? it feels like i get a rank of that everytime i get fucked in combat i feel like it was slower to show up in the past.

• Angry
Reactions: Dessolos

Sintonir

Jul 13, 2021
Not only do you not need to allocate your skills/perks to start, you don't really have many points to work with, and it's unlikely to be super make or break in the early game. By virtue of not having any of the advanced combat stances (aside from Blitz for Warrior, which as a class is easy to start out as comparatively) you can just get used to the rhythm of combat. I admit it's a lot to take in, both the large skill list (splitting out the sex stances helped with this information overload, a bit - I might make it so that by default it hides the skills you automatically know in a stance, and give you a button to display them) and once you enter combat and there's a lot to immediately try and decipher, but you can always just try some stuff and experiment, especially if you're not on ironman mode.
I agree with you completely, with one exception: sex "stances". I'll admit I do not use sex in combat, and mostly try to win in combat through violence and get sex through events, but that might be partially because sex "stances" are so numerous I can't even decide which skills I want to consider. And since all of them are dumped on the player right at the beginning, when they first distribute their starting skill points, it is a bit overwhelming and may paint a picture of combat sex being much more important than fighting. Sure, main fighting stances are much more detailed, but there's just so many sex "stances"...
But I actually like how meta changes from version to version, removing obviously game-breaking tactics. For example, I still try to focus on Agility and skills which use it (because it increases both offense and defense with the right build), and it makes most fights quite easy for me(I don't have the latest version though, it may change), but compared to times when Feint Strike just did +1 damage for each agility point over enemy it is way better.
Now, question to people around: does anyone else try to do achievements for level 1 and complete virgin against the last boss at the same time? I mostly do it with a speedy build, does anyone else use another tactic? Can anyone suggest a build which will work without using bonus points? I have a problem of falling into a tunnel vision whenever I see a successful tactic, and my main tactic is still successful, but I want to think about other options.

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
While your about i wanted to ask what exactly causes the red perks specially anal addict? it feels like i get a rank of that everytime i get fucked in combat i feel like it was slower to show up in the past.
Possibly you're a Warrior this time? As a Warrior (which has Weak to Anal) you get anally addicted after getting fucked in the ass 1, 3, and 5 times, respectively - it's more for those without that perk.

I agree with you completely, with one exception: sex "stances". I'll admit I do not use sex in combat, and mostly try to win in combat through violence and get sex through events, but that might be partially because sex "stances" are so numerous I can't even decide which skills I want to consider. And since all of them are dumped on the player right at the beginning, when they first distribute their starting skill points, it is a bit overwhelming and may paint a picture of combat sex being much more important than fighting. Sure, main fighting stances are much more detailed, but there's just so many sex "stances"...
But I actually like how meta changes from version to version, removing obviously game-breaking tactics. For example, I still try to focus on Agility and skills which use it (because it increases both offense and defense with the right build), and it makes most fights quite easy for me(I don't have the latest version though, it may change), but compared to times when Feint Strike just did +1 damage for each agility point over enemy it is way better.
Now, question to people around: does anyone else try to do achievements for level 1 and complete virgin against the last boss at the same time? I mostly do it with a speedy build, does anyone else use another tactic? Can anyone suggest a build which will work without using bonus points? I have a problem of falling into a tunnel vision whenever I see a successful tactic, and my main tactic is still successful, but I want to think about other options.
That's part of why we broke out the Sex stances into a separate tab - and we'll probably make it upgrade with a different skill-point type as well, if we don't make sex learning specifically tied to sexual experience altogether. Positions moreso come down to preference, though if you do have a combat strategy that involves sex (which will be improved), knowing which positions you intend to get the enemy into could help guide those choices.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes