coolfire3566

Apr 22, 2018
How do I drag in save files in this version? It doesn't work like before. I dragged the save1 and save2.json files into the save data folder but it didnt work when I launched it. What am I supposed to do?

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
How do I drag in save files in this version? It doesn't work like before. I dragged the save1 and save2.json files into the save data folder but it didnt work when I launched it. What am I supposed to do?
I may not be understanding, but if you're trying to move save games from and older version to a new version you will also need your Profile.json as well as any saved games you wish to move. ( I think)

EDIT >> I normally just grab my whole ".toa-data" folder and move it, and delete anything I don't want after wards.

yuki hoho

Feb 24, 2018
You are not using save editor.... with search function you would have found that out...
To be fair it might not be the same for them but for me my phone just doesn't like the search function on f95zone. I've tried it on other game threads and it doesn't seem to work right. Of course this is just for me luckily I just play the game and deal with my issues.

coolfire3566

Apr 22, 2018
I may not be understanding, but if you're trying to move save games from and older version to a new version you will also need your Profile.json as well as any saved games you wish to move. ( I think)

EDIT >> I normally just grab my whole ".toa-data" folder and move it, and delete anything I don't want after wards.
I tried to just make a new save file and edited the stat values to 99 each and a lot of stat points but everytime I edited it and dragged it into the folder i open the game but the loaded file doesnt have the changes I made.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I tried to just make a new save file and edited the stat values to 99 each and a lot of stat points but everytime I edited it and dragged it into the folder i open the game but the loaded file doesnt have the changes I made.
On Editing files , and I may be wrong, but what works for me is to not try and edit save0.json

for some reason every time I edit save0.json it never seems to take. So I always make a save in save1.json or save2.json and edit them, after they work I can save them in the game to save0.json no problem. I have no idea why this happens but it is a thing I have ran into.

Other than that I have no Idea.

I do my editing with notepad ++ (Free) if your editing with something Else I have no idea.( Reason I say that is you edit everything to 99 threw me a curve.)

Anderus1984

Jan 3, 2021
On Editing files , and I may be wrong, but what works for me is to not try and edit save0.json

for some reason every time I edit save0.json it never seems to take. So I always make a save in save1.json or save2.json and edit them, after they work I can save them in the game to save0.json no problem. I have no idea why this happens but it is a thing I have ran into.

Other than that I have no Idea.

I do my editing with notepad ++ (Free) if your editing with something Else I have no idea.( Reason I say that is you edit everything to 99 threw me a curve.)
Hmmm.. So have I understood everything correctly - you can edit stats through save files via notepad?

Oct 16, 2017
Ah, the elusive action of foraging. This may sound confusing at first but bear with me here: you can't forage. Well, not by choice at least. If your food resource gets depleted while traveling, the game will force you to forage for food. There are a number of ways this can end. Some of them good with you having a full stomach, some of them bad with you having a full sphincter and under certain circumstances a bad end. Points in Forager will increase the likelihood of the outcome being good.
When did this become a thing?
I remember several years ago when I last played this game, there was a Foraging action that would have you spend an amount of time on foraging, and the amount of food foraged would vary from forage to forage.

royotia69

Jun 2, 2018
It may sound silly but it happened to me once, are you clicking on continue or actually loading the save? If you're actually loading the file the only 2 things I can think of are:

1.You're modifying the wrong numbers (IIRC there's like a generic Hiro stats in the savefile and those are not the ones from your character)

2.Editing main stats over 10 does not work (?) I usually stick to 9-10 so I have no idea.

P.S:I always tend to edit my quicksave and it has never failed me.
P.S.2: After you try to load the file and you don't see the changes (in game), is the file actually modified or it has the normal values? Maybe the savefile is not getting overwritten correctly for some reason...try deleting the original file before dragging the modified save back to the folder.

Last edited:

Anderus1984

Jan 3, 2021
Um... Regarding story mode, so when Ive reached border gate, it seems like the game didnt take me to the next location. Does this means that in story mode this is the end of he content for the time being?
On a side note I have to say, I think of all charactes in the game the Dark Knight I think has the hottest scenes ever. Honestly it too bad she cant become companion like Urka.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Hmmm.. So have I understood everything correctly - you can edit stats through save files via notepad?
Yeah! For the most part the structure is reasonably easy to understand once you weed through it a bit.

like search for inventory and you could add items like

Code:
        {
            "class": "com.majalis.character.Item$Potion",
            "magnitude": 1,
            "effect": "TOWN_PORTAL"
        },
        {
            "effect": "CURSE_REMOVAL"
        },

Search for "food" and increase its value. Search for "skillPoints", "magicPoints", "perkPoints", "money". And increase them as well.

Those are the easy things to fix, but do back up your save first, as when you bugger it your game will be crushed.

Search for "questFlags", and under it you will see many quest names that sometimes have numbers that increase beside them these let you know what stage of the quest you have reached.

Example of simple fix so you can do the quest again >> say you did the "WARLOCK" quest and were not happy with the outcome. just delete the "WARLOCK": (what ever number it had here), get rid of the whole line, and you can do the quest again, and try a different approach.

Anyway lots of stuff you can do in the save, just back up your save first, and tweak away. you will soon be able to get it all just the way you like it. ( Which for me having fun is the most important part of any game.)

[ One thing to keep in mind your character is the top part of the save file, underneath is a second character, named
("name": "Hiro",) It has all the same stuff your main game has but leave it alone.

This was for a quick reload reference I think when died or something, not sure. but leave that stuff alone. It will change nothing in your game.]

Anderus1984

Jan 3, 2021
Yeah! For the most part the structure is reasonably easy to understand once you weed through it a bit.

like search for inventory and you could add items like

Code:
        {
            "effect": "TOWN_PORTAL"
        },
        {
            "effect": "CURSE_REMOVAL"
        },

Search for "food" and increase its value. Search for "skillPoints", "magicPoints", "perkPoints", "money". And increase them as well.

Those are the easy things to fix, but do back up your save first, as when you bugger it your game will be crushed.

Search for "questFlags", and under it you will see many quest names that sometimes have numbers that increase beside them these let you know what stage of the quest you have reached.

Example of simple fix so you can do the quest again >> say you did the "WARLOCK" quest and were not happy with the outcome. just delete the "WARLOCK": (what ever number it had here), get rid of the whole line, and you can do the quest again, and try a different approach.

Anyway lots of stuff you can do in the save, just back up your save first, and tweak away. you will soon be able to get it all just the way you like it. ( Which for me having fun is the most important part of any game.)

[ One thing to keep in mind your character is the top part of the save file, underneath is a second character, named
("name": "Hiro",) It has all the same stuff your main game has but leave it alone.

This was for a quick reload reference I think when died or something, not sure. but leave that stuff alone. It will change nothing in your game.]

Thanks for explaining, although I did manage to find out how increase money and stats on my own. Now I can with easy have a proper control of the game. Too bad story mode seems to have not much content, at leat in comparison to Adventure mode. Well I think its time for me have second playthrough in adventure mode with uber stats and loads of money hehe.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes