Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
When I first played this game I was upset by the same thing there are hardly any females at all in this game. It bothered me, but I never voiced my desire for it to be changed nor would I. ( I just sort of loved the story writing, and exceptional art work and got past all that. )
I don't get this, there's more female characters than male characters in this game (the female characters even have the most content), what do you mean there's hardly any females?

(Sorry if I'm oblivious, I am genuinely confused as to what you mean by this. Unless this is referring to a long time ago perhaps?)
My biggest gripe with the 2h and dual wielding options is that you have to forego the 1 END stat from wearing indestructible. As a minmax junkie, you have no idea just how vexing that is for me.
Arrggh, that's gonna bother me too. That extra END can mean so much when de-buffed, I know what you mean.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
I don't get this, there's more female characters than male characters in this game (the female characters even have the most content), what do you mean there's hardly any females?

(Sorry if I'm oblivious, I am genuinely confused as to what you mean by this. Unless this is referring to a long time ago perhaps?)
I assume they mean that they wan normal females in the game, so no penis included. I can understand that the name doesn't confirm that it's mainly for those who like full-packaged girls, but a little bit of research would easily confirm it. Same with games like Lewd Maze for example.

My biggest gripe with the 2h and dual wielding options is that you have to forego the 1 END stat from wearing indestructible. As a minmax junkie, you have no idea just how vexing that is for me.
Haven't tried it since I discovered how fun it was to set people ablaze with a girlish giggle. Is it hard mode?

• Wow
Reactions: Twiton

taglag

Aug 6, 2019

Arrggh, that's gonna bother me too. That extra END can mean so much when de-buffed, I know what you mean.
I tend to assign a female looking creature with a cock and ball's as a shemale or androgynous males at the very least.

Not wanting to offend anyone's sense in that respect, it is just my personal assignment of genders. For me calling a sow's ear a silk purse just does not work.

For me the difference between a male and a female unless they happen to be a true Futa with both genitals, is assigned by that aspect.

Now I have played this game a long time, and enjoyed it very much, but as best I can tell the majority of the female looking characters in this game seem to have both a Cock, and balls and no Pussy. ( I am not complaining about that at all, it is the way the game is designed I am very happy with that, I like the game. It fills a very unique and needed spot in adult gaming)

If you see something different then I will have to pay closer attention and start counting as I based my assumption on my long play testing of the game, but I did not count exactly all of what I would call true females in the game.

The brothel madam the peddler, the elf lady at the pond, I am sure there are others, but those 3 come up quickly in my mind.

However I believe the female looking males with a cock or androgynous males for me tend to out number the true females I think <<< Note the I think

You asked a question and I have given you my answer to my thinking, as best I could.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
I tend to assign a female looking creature with a cock and ball's as a shemale or androgynous males at the very least.

Not wanting to offend anyone's sense in that respect, it is just my personal assignment of genders. For me calling a sow's ear a silk purse just does not work.

For me the difference between a male and a female unless they happen to be a true Futa with both genitals, is assigned by that aspect.

Now I have played this game a long time, and enjoyed it very much, but as best I can tell the majority of the female looking characters in this game seem to have both a Cock, and balls and no Pussy. ( I am not complaining about that at all, it is the way the game is designed I am very happy with that, I like the game. It fills a very unique and needed spot in adult gaming)

If you see something different then I will have to pay closer attention and start counting as I based my assumption on my long play testing of the game, but I did not count exactly all of what I would call true females in the game.

The brothel madam the peddler, the elf lady at the pond, I am sure there are others, but those 3 come up quickly in my mind.

However I believe the female looking males with a cock or androgynous males for me tend to out number the true females I think <<< Note the I think

You asked a question and I have given you my answer to my thinking, as best I could.
Most of the characters of this game would be considered dickgirls, while none, I believe, would actually be androgynous. The "named" males that I can think of are only your Kylira, Trudy, you, and the innkeeper if you don't have futa enabled, and I'm sure she only has a dong. The only normal girls I can recall are the ones you mentioned, and the shopkeeper girl. I seem to remember the original name of this game having trap in it, so it would make sense that most people are actually misleading in the genitalia regard. This is the big issue that if the name hadn't changed, you would know what you are getting into before you played the game, so people might feel a bit tricked by it all. Still, it is easy to find out what most of the lewds in this game are going to be if you check the screenshots provided, so if penis isn't your thing, then I would advise that you be pretty efficient in combat to avoid seeing it. If it is, then happy fap away to your favorite character.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Twiton and taglag

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
Ahh, so instead of offending us you just confused us :LOL:
Thanks for explaining your point in detail though, I appreciate it!
Most of the characters of this game would be considered dickgirls, while none, I believe, would actually be androgynous. The "named" males that I can think of are only your Kylira, Trudy, you, and the innkeeper if you don't have futa enabled, and I'm sure she only has a dong. The only normal girls I can recall are the ones you mentioned, and the shopkeeper girl. I seem to remember the original name of this game having trap in it, so it would make sense that most people are actually misleading in the genitalia regard. This is the big issue that if the name hadn't changed, you would know what you are getting into before you played the game, so people might feel a bit tricked by it all. Still, it is easy to find out what most of the lewds in this game are going to be if you check the screenshots provided, so if penis isn't your thing, then I would advise that you be pretty efficient in combat to avoid seeing it. If it is, then happy fap away to your favorite character.
Their androgyny isn't always defined by their body, but often a variety of aspects for different characters. The Ghost Bride fucks us like a virgin lad, despite their extremely feminine behaviour and appearance for instance. A character like Drow Beastmistress, Urka, Brigand, Selkie or the Ogre have far more clear androgynous aspects, yet they all still have some feminine traits to both their characteristics & attire. They all identify as female and have clearly feminine bodies, hence my confusion with all this talk of 'true females' and 'androgynous males(?)'. I usually just slap a "Futa" on the description of the characters in this game that have dick an' boob and leave it at that. A long time ago I asked Maj what they call their types of Futas and they just said "Futanari". Then they went into explaining the origin of the word too (but I'm an idiot and barely retained most of the info).

Well, all this talk of 'true females' reminds me that I have far more interest in a lot of the characters beyond their genitals. Especially due to their unique androgyny, as well as the fantastic way they're written and developed ^w^

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: jollyroger1212

Decathect

Oct 18, 2017
I didnt follow the entire conversation about the gender discussion, but here's my unsolicited 2 cents on the matter:

Males and females in the game are split about equally, with males being the MC,Trudy,Kylira and the unnamed adventurer in tavern/ogre encouter. Females would be brothel madam, that sextoy peddler and the pond elf.

The other ~85% of the cast would be shemales. As in, boobs + PP&balls and no vag, womb or ovaries, which if they did have, would make them futas.

So technically, from a biological standpoint, the cast is overwhelmingly male, but thats a rabbit hole im not gona dive into any further than that.

while none, I believe, would actually be androgynous.
As for the androgyny aspect, mc, trudy and kylira most certainly qualify, as its defined "combination of masculine and feminine characteristics into an ambiguous form" .
Boobies - obviously considered a female feature - preclude the rest of the cast from falling under this category

Last edited:

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
So technically, from a biological standpoint, the cast is overwhelmingly male, but thats a rabbit hole im not gona dive into.
If you're male and you dive into the Puca's Rabbit Hole with your tongue, is that gay or a dream come true? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
But yeah, I think we should end this discourse before the True Armchair Scholars and Activists come and derail this into a full-blown discussion about biology, sexuality, Ogre Updates, the concepts of androgyny & gender.

New topic, who do we want those erection animations for?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_chungus88

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
As for the androgyny aspect, mc, trudy and kylira most certainly qualify, as its defined "combination of masculine and feminine characteristics into an ambiguous form" .
Boobies - obviously considered a female feature - preclude the rest of the cast from falling under this category
They also have a dick, which, under any reasonable framework that says "boobs are a female feature", would be a male feature. You cited the relevant definition right there! People use the more narrow definition of androgyny they have in their heads (which is usually something like "lacking any obvious gender markers") but if you look at the definition you copied there, that's not even the primary definition of androgyny! The bearded lady also has boobs, but she is androgynous. The word means, and has always meant, of indeterminate gender. Someone with breasts and a dick will always qualify, so long as the concept is meaningful at all.

To put a fine point on it - one way to be androgynous is to have no obvious gender signifiers, and that seems to be the method people are more familiar with (see: David Bowie or thin women in pantsuits and short haircuts). But another way to be androgynous is to have male features (andro) and female features (gynous), making you of ambiguous gender. If, for instance, you had a turtle with long claws (male) and a short, thin tail (female), it would be androgynous.

Check out the first and second definitions to see both the source of the confusion and which definition comes first.

Reactions: taglag and Twiton

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
They also have a dick, which, under any reasonable framework that says "boobs are a female feature", would be a male feature. You cited the relevant definition right there! People use the more narrow definition of androgyny they have in their heads (which is usually something like "lacking any obvious gender markers") but if you look at the definition you copied there, that's not even the primary definition of androgyny! The bearded lady also has boobs, but she is androgynous. The word means, and has always meant, of indeterminate gender. Someone with breasts and a dick will always qualify, so long as the concept is meaningful at all.
When the Tales are not Androgynous, because boobs:
image - 2021-10-06T174554.215.png
Bottom Text (literally in so many ways)

Say_10

May 26, 2020
WTF guys? I came here to fap, not to think about biology/genetic science.

BUT I see an opportunity to finally understand how this world works, 'cause i still didn't get it. So keep going:)

P.S. My English might be bad, I know it, so sorry about that

• Red Heart
Reactions: taglag and Twiton

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Ahh, so instead of offending us you just confused us :LOL:

Their androgyny isn't always defined by their body, but often a variety of aspects for different characters. The Ghost Bride fucks us like a virgin lad, despite their extremely feminine behaviour and appearance for instance. A character like Drow Beastmistress, Urka, Brigand, Selkie or the Ogre have far more clear androgynous aspects, yet they all still have some feminine traits to both their characteristics & attire. They all identify as female and have clearly feminine bodies, hence my confusion with all this talk of 'true females' and 'androgynous males(?)'. I usually just slap a "Futa" on the description of the characters in this game that have dick an' boob and leave it at that. A long time ago I asked Maj what they call their types of Futas and they just said "Futanari". Then they went into explaining the origin of the word too (but I'm an idiot and barely retained most of the info).

Well, all this talk of 'true females' reminds me that I have far more interest in a lot of the characters beyond their genitals. Especially due to their unique androgyny, as well as the fantastic way they're written and developed ^w^
I should correct myself and state that although one definition of androgyny is a lack of either male or female characteristics, another is a combination of both. With that being said I suppose one could consider most of the characters in the game androgynous. As fart as futa goes, I usually say that if they can give birth, they are futa, if not they are just a dickgirl. Also, don't mention the drow. Poor girl gets such little content, and the little she does get is her blue-balling you. Such a sad state of reality.
I'd count the male innkeeper as androgynous. Certainly, if he shaved. He's probably meant to be manly, though.
I don't think I could since he clearly looks male. It makes the futa version look like an amazon over a simple innkeeper.
I didnt follow the entire conversation about the gender discussion, but here's my unsolicited 2 cents on the matter:

Males and females in the game are split about equally, with males being the MC,Trudy,Kylira and the unnamed adventurer in tavern/ogre encouter. Females would be brothel madam, that sextoy peddler and the pond elf.

The other ~85% of the cast would be shemales. As in, boobs + PP&balls and no vag, womb or ovaries, which if they did have, would make them futas.

So technically, from a biological standpoint, the cast is overwhelmingly male, but thats a rabbit hole im not gona dive into any further than that.

Don't forget the shopkeeper that sells you food and potions. Also, that is one definition of the word. The first is lacking either characteristic. That was what my post was referring to, so I did have to correct myself to include the other that you just mentioned.

To put a fine point on it - one way to be androgynous is to have no obvious gender signifiers, and that seems to be the method people are more familiar with (see: David Bowie or thin women in pantsuits and short haircuts). But another way to be androgynous is to have male features (andro) and female features (gynous), making you of ambiguous gender. If, for instance, you had a turtle with long claws (male) and a short, thin tail (female), it would be androgynous.

Check out the first and second definitions to see both the source of the confusion and which definition comes first.
Your source shows that neither definition are narrow nor incorrect. It's actually amusing that such a term can be used is such different ways.
When the Tales are not Androgynous, because boobs:
View attachment 1439994
Bottom Text (literally in so many ways)
I hate this girl. She forced a game over on my first ironman run in which I doing very well. Guess it will teach me to betray the wizard ways...

• Haha

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
I
WTF guys? I came here to fap, not to think about biology/genetic science.

BUT I see an opportunity to finally understand how this world works, 'cause i still didn't get it. So keep going:)

P.S. My English might be bad, I know it, so sorry about that
If you want to fap, you should be in game. That's were the hanky panky is.:cool:

• Haha
Dec 8, 2019
Maybe it's just one link but so far the nopy link for Android doesn't work, the apk isn't an actual apk it's just named that. I tried to install it separately but that didn't work either, it ran into a ton of errors.

• Hey there

Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
Your source shows that neither definition are narrow nor incorrect. It's actually amusing that such a term can be used is such different ways.
I didn't say it was incorrect! It's just frustrating to see it cited as if it is the definition of androgyny, when it is actually the narrower one - and it is the narrower one compared to "of indeterminate gender", because it only applies to one special case of that (no obvious gender markers), rather than any case where gender is ambiguous. It would be like if I said "there are no dogs in this game, only terriers."

Twiton

Jan 25, 2019
"there are no dogs in this game, only terriers."
Confirmed lore about the Wereslut origin, as well as the dog the vagabond in the starvation event has

Maybe it's just one link but so far the nopy link for Android doesn't work, the apk isn't an actual apk it's just named that. I tried to install it separately but that didn't work either, it ran into a ton of errors.
Have you tried the APK from the most recent update? The one in the OP might be out of date.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
I didn't say it was incorrect! It's just frustrating to see it cited as if it is the definition of androgyny, when it is actually the narrower one - and it is the narrower one compared to "of indeterminate gender", because it only applies to one special case of that (no obvious gender markers), rather than any case where gender is ambiguous. It would be like if I said "there are no dogs in this game, only terriers."
No obvious gender markers does make the gender ambiguous. As it is in game, it is obvious these are females packing heat. I would say they are more traps if they didn't all have obvious bulges. I wouldn't consider it narrow just in the since that there are more people that are harder to tell their gender because of a lack of obvious gender features than those who have both. In the context of this game however, you would be correct that most of them have a penis, so they would be androgynous simple for having both large breasts and a large dong. I wasn't trying to trash on or argue with folk, just explain why people keep asking if this game only has dickgirls.
That definition was pulled from wikipedia article for the word.

My headcannon for androgyny is a person who - when looked at - cant be clearly identified as either gender.

A scenario which doesn't suggest said person is walking 'round buck-naked, hence why the generously sized boobies in ToA would heavily tip the scale of the gender marker towards female, while you cant just x-ray someones crotch and see whats in there.

Again, this is my headcannon for working with the word.

For me that would be the bandit. Pretty, cute, cheeky and just the right balance of crude and loving.
And that smile.
That damned cheeky grin.
That is usually what the word means. It can be, by both definitions, because of a lack of features, or by having features from both. Isn't bandit supposed to be dirty? She needs a sponge bath first.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes