UncleTom123

May 4, 2019
with the most recent version starting it up gives me a blank white screen

sounds work as normal and it is apparent that the menu has loaded, but it's not displaying or it's being overlaid with the blank white screen

still happens even after replacing the .jar file with the one from the java download link

any ideas?

[edit] reinstalling java doesn't help. trying to run the .jar directly gives an imprecise java error

[edit2] for clarity:

1) downloaded the most recent windows version from the first page. extracted fine. running the exe starts ToA, I get the menu soundtrack and the sounds from mousing over buttons, but screen is white. Attempting to run .jar file gives me a java virtual machine creation error.

2) replaced .jar file from the above with the java download from first page. same issues.

2) downloaded the more recent weekly from torrent above, replaced jar file in folder. same issues.

no error logs I can find in the ToA folder, presumably they're in some arcane java folder I have no idea about if they exist at all.
You can try downloading a recent JRE (Java Runtime Environment) (Oracle no longer provides one after 8 but there are some alternatives, e.g. ) or download the latest JDK which also includes the JRE. Then you should be able to run the .jar directly, however it'll probably result in the same issue with the white screen anyway.

4.50 star(s) 149 Votes