Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Has this game been updated or are they only releasing the demo for the Public?
No official update yet, we're still working on getting Build#2 finished (the next release).
Once it's out patrons will get ~2 weeks of exclusivity, then we'll upload to other sites like F95.

Here's some of the NPC portrait art from the upcoming release...

ToLLA_NPCs_PortraitConcepts_Pt3.png

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Karl Speidel
LazwelX
Currently about 45-60min of content, depending on how much of the CYOA you read (or re-play its other paths).
The next build is bringing another 5-6 hours. It takes me about 4 hours to get through all the quests when play-testing, but I also tend to skim through many of the nodes because I wrote them all and know where they lead - someone playing through the content for the first time will probably take over 6 hours to get through it, assuming you don't skip or terminate conversations early.

And just a fair warning to anyone reading this: there's a couple of new sex scenes, but there's also a lot of dialogue and quests that revolve around it (stuff like moral dilemmas, and personal tragedies caused by the recent greenskin raid on the Fort where the MC lives and works). You'll know what to expect dialogue-wise if you've played Pillars of Eternity, or the newer Pathfinder games. I don't have ToLLA on my work laptop, so here's a Google'd screenshot from Pathfinder just to give you a rough idea what convos with NPCs look like...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
Karl Speidel
LazwelX
Currently about 45-60min of content, depending on how much of the CYOA you read (or re-play its other paths).
The next build is bringing another 5-6 hours. It takes me about 4 hours to get through all the quests when play-testing, but I also tend to skim through many of the nodes because I wrote them all and know where they lead - someone playing through the content for the first time will probably take over 6 hours to get through it, assuming you don't skip or terminate conversations early.

And just a fair warning to anyone reading this: there's a couple of new sex scenes, but there's also a lot of dialogue and quests that revolve around it (stuff like moral dilemmas, and personal tragedies caused by the recent greenskin raid on the Fort where the MC lives and works). You'll know what to expect dialogue-wise if you've played Pillars of Eternity, or the newer Pathfinder games. I don't have ToLLA on my work laptop, so here's a Google'd screenshot from Pathfinder just to give you a rough idea what convos with NPCs look like...

God damn im really exited for this game there has been a femdom drought id kill for 2 hours of femdom content let alone 5 when are we getting this 4 to 5 hour content ?

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
God damn im really exited for this game there has been a femdom drought id kill for 2 hours of femdom content let alone 5 when are we getting this 4 to 5 hour content ?
I don't want to disappoint you, but the game doesn't really have 2 hours of dedicated femdom (not yet, anyway). Yes, you can take a femdom path through the sex scenes, and yes, the text will reflect your choice for those encounters, but it's not like Tower of Trample where 100% of the game is dedicated to (femdom) sex content and nothing else. ToLLA plays more like The Last Sovereign (or any other party-based RPG), where you talk to people and solve quests (and will later fight in turn-based combat)... and from time to time you get lewd encounters as a reward for helping friendly female NPCs, or as punishment for failing to win fights against dominant female enemies.

As to when it it's coming out... as soon as the art assets are done. I'm just the writer on our project so I can't give you any hard dates because it all depends on the art team. The fact they have to paint everything in 2D makes things go slower than we'd like. I'll upload a pic I pulled from our Patreon just now - it shows the development process for the Tavern & Brothel building in the starting area. The buildings were all finished a while ago back when we were developing the exterior map; you can see how much time and effort goes into every single piece of art inside the game...

ToLLA_Fort_Buildings_Tavern+Brothel.png

Last edited:

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
I don't want to disappoint you, but the game doesn't really have 2 hours of dedicated femdom (not yet, anyway). Yes, you can take a femdom path through the sex scenes, and yes, the text will reflect your choice for those encounters, but it's not like Tower of Trample where 100% of the game is dedicated to (femdom) sex content and nothing else. ToLLA plays more like The Last Sovereign (or any other party-based RPG), where you talk to people and solve quests (and will later fight in turn-based combat)... and from time to time you get lewd encounters as a reward for helping friendly female NPCs, or as punishment for failing to win fights against dominant female enemies.

As to when it it's coming out... as soon as the art assets are done. I'm just the writer on our project so I can't give you any hard dates because it all depends on the art team. The fact they have to paint everything in 2D makes things go slower than we'd like. I'll upload a pic I pulled from our Patreon just now - it shows the development process for the Tavern & Brothel building in the starting area. The buildings were all finished a while ago back when we were developing the exterior map; you can see how much time and effort goes into every single piece of art inside the game...

View attachment 1551488
Thats very discuraging to hear

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Thats very discuraging to hear
Sorry to hear that, but the game's description is right there on the first page:

On the bright side, femdom is one of the 3 main pillars of interaction with female characters in the game (especially with girls belonging to 'evil' fantasy races like orcs, drow, giants, etc.), so it'll get plenty of content... eventually. A big chunk of the current build's development was spent on non-lewd assets (backgrounds, doodads, buildings, portraits, etc.) so that we could assemble the massive exterior map which houses all the NPCs. The whole point was to give players freedom to move around and explore, instead of restricting them like a visual novel would. Once this build is done and released, the next one will be focused mainly on lewds, and it'll have plenty of optional femdom scenes as part of that. I'd still encourage you to play this current release after it comes out - I think we did a really good job with it! :cool:

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
Sorry to hear that, but the game's description is right there on the first page:

On the bright side, femdom is one of the 3 main pillars of interaction with female characters in the game (especially with girls belonging to 'evil' fantasy races like orcs, drow, giants, etc.), so it'll get plenty of content... eventually. A big chunk of the current build's development was spent on non-lewd assets (backgrounds, doodads, buildings, portraits, etc.) so that we could assemble the massive exterior map which houses all the NPCs. The whole point was to give players freedom to move around and explore, instead of restricting them like a visual novel would. Once this build is done and released, the next one will be focused mainly on lewds, and it'll have plenty of optional femdom scenes as part of that. I'd still encourage you to play this current release after it comes out - I think we did a really good job with it! :cool:
I see from what answers youv given me in the past im quite exited but of course it will take time while im discuraged im still going to play the upcoming version cant wait

LazwelX

Aug 13, 2020
Karl Speidel
LazwelX

Well this is pretty great news, like I said 3 hours already seemed like a lot so hearing that it will be longer with more content is just fine for me

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Karl Speidel
LazwelX

Thats interesting,i have played and still do Pathfinder.

Reactions: Magazif

TheHiddenOne

Aug 5, 2017
One question, how will stuff like dominance & submission be tracked? Can we be dominant with one women, but subby with another?
I ask, because I like to have one I romance and be subby, while being dominant to the rest and I wonder if that is possible here.. =D

Are you considering opening a discord? The game impressed me enough that I abondoned my usual caution and actually joined your patreon even before the second demo is out, so I would really like a discord room to chat with other careless people.. =P

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
'Sup everyone, haven't had a lot of time on my hands recently, holidays+family+work+ToLLA are keeping us all busy... I always try to answer everybody's questions here, sometimes it just takes me a bit to get around to them. The art team is still working on the upcoming build's assets, and the rest of us (writing+scripting) are busy with play-testing and adding a couple of new quests while we wait for the art to get done. I wish I could show you all how the newest version of the game looks (and the massive area map it takes place in), but our lead artist wants to keep it under wraps for release so I'm not allowed to post pics or in-game screenshots. :cry:

I see from what answers youv given me in the past im quite exited but of course it will take time while im discuraged im still going to play the upcoming version cant wait
No worries, mate. I hope you'll enjoy it once it's out!

Well this is pretty great news, like I said 3 hours already seemed like a lot so hearing that it will be longer with more content is just fine for me
By my very rough personal estimate, the prologue area will have about 15 hours once it's finished and we've added all the quests and text adventures. The upcoming build is currently about 6-7 hours of content, though most of it is in the form of dialogues with a couple of sex scenes. Things will ramp up quickly once we add combat and inventory/itemization.

How is 3 h alot to you i dont know,its barely anything,not even an intro.
Depends on the game. It's a lot for something like a detailed visual novel or roguelike, but barely more than an intro for an RPG (like ToLLA). Like I wrote above, our upcoming release has about 6-7 hours in it if you go through everything without skipping content. I made sure to add a bunch of role-play options when writing the quests, so everyone should be able to find something they like while progressing through the conversations and quests.

great artwork reminds me of comic books - Conan da Barbarian
damn gameplay style aint 4 me
Thanks mate, that's high praise being compared to Conan! (y)

One question, how will stuff like dominance & submission be tracked? Can we be dominant with one women, but subby with another?
I ask, because I like to have one I romance and be subby, while being dominant to the rest and I wonder if that is possible here.. =D
Are you considering opening a discord? The game impressed me enough that I abondoned my usual caution and actually joined your patreon even before the second demo is out, so I would really like a discord room to chat with other careless people.. =P
First of all, thanks for joining our Patreon and supporting us, we really do appreciate it! All money we get from there is used to pay our secondary artist's commissions, and anything left over goes into a shared account that we're stacking to pay for things like music and animations in the future. If you wanna chat about whatever, you can always shoot me a message via Patreon - I check it at least twice a week! Many of our supporters write us there or via e-mail, and we read everything at our team meetings, so please don't hesitate if you want to talk, I love chatting with our supporters about ToLLA! :cool:

To answer your question: the planned sex-scenes in the game are divided among a couple of parts...
  • companion romances (like Meredith, though more will be added with time; these are repeatable events)
  • casual flings with neutral female NPCs you'll run into in the areas you visit (these are one-time events)
  • quest rewards from friendly female NPCs (repeatable, as long as you have access to the area they're in)
  • brothel with diverse prostitutes (repeatable, as long as you have enough gold to pay the working girls!)
  • prisoner/harem with captured elite female enemies in the party camp via the World Map (repeatable)
  • vanquished generic female enemies (repeatable, but you have to defeat them in combat every time)
  • story-based unique female bosses (one-time events, these pop up over the course of the main plot)
Now since you mentioned romancing, I suspect you're talking about companion characters that travel with your party, like Meredith... so yes, you can be dominant with one companion, and subby with another! I'm just the game's writer, but the way I understood things from our scripter's explanation is that every female companion will be handled and tracked separately by the game. There's also 3 'hidden' variables in the background that track the MC's Maledom/Romance/Femdom stats, respectively. You farm these by choosing appropriate replies in conversations and during sex scenes to boost the scores (like in the intro CYOA), and can then use them to unlock companions' romance content. The game doesn't hard-lock you out of one path if you opt for another (you won't be locked out of femdom, for example, if you're choosing mostly maledom options), but the Difficulty Checks are designed to keep growing as the game goes on, so it's best to specialize early. It's basically like D&D, but instead of regular skill checks, you have ero-type checks! Or, you know, just download a hex editor or cheat engine and max out everything at once! :sneaky:

As for the Discord, I'll probably get around to that once we've released this upcoming build. I'm the team's designated social media guy, but I have so much on my plate already that I have neither the time nor energy to moderate a discord channel (and I've heard all manner of horror stories about the sort of illegal crap that people post in there, requiring daily deletion and moderation). Most days I only get an hour or two to work on the game after I come home from my IRL job, and I'd rather spend that time writing new content for the game than having to play cat-and-mouse with people on Discord (not saying you personally would do anything bad, but there's a lot of bored people out there who love to troll). This may change in the near future, we'll reassess once Build#2 is out.

TheHiddenOne

Aug 5, 2017
Wow, thanks for your detailed answer! =)

Well the art of the game is pretty neat, so I think the money is well used. :D

Two follow-up questions:
Will the game assume harem/promiscuity or can we have a "main girl"?
And will there be mutliple endings connected to romancing companions?

As for the Discord, I'll probably get around to that once we've released this upcoming build. I'm the team's designated social media guy, but I have so much on my plate already that I have neither the time nor energy to moderate a discord channel (and I've heard all manner of horror stories about the sort of illegal crap that people post in there, requiring daily deletion and moderation).
I did not know that Discord is such a dangerous place.. O_O

Regardless, I am looking forward to the next release.

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
I love Sundays - no boring job, and so much free time! :cool:

When is that 6-7 h update coming? I Dont have alot of time to check every post.
As soon as the art assets are finished. I really can't give you a more specific answer because it all depends how much time the artists have to work on the game during any given day (as a general rule, the weekends tend to be better since they're not at their IRL jobs). IIRC our main artist is blocking out new lewds, and our secondary one is painting the NPC portraits. We don't use any stock assets or anything bought in online stores - all visual content in the game is custom and drawn or painted by hand. The downside is that it takes a while to get everything done, especially since we're doing it all part-time after IRL work.

To give you an idea, the pic below shows a couple of NPC mockups that I got from the art team for a quest I'm writing...
These NPCs are noobs belonging to a lvl-1 party you can run into and laugh at before sending them to do a quest for you!

ToLLA_NoobParty.png

Wow, thanks for your detailed answer! =)
Any time, mate. You can shoot me a DM through Patreon if you want, so I know who you are!
Will the game assume harem/promiscuity or can we have a "main girl"?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'assume harem/promiscuity', but yes, you can focus on a girl of your choice and make her your 'main waifu' by getting far enough with her romance to the point you finish it and promise to settle down with her. Or you can romance as many of the game's female companions and harem-members as you want - there's no hard cutoff, and doing so doesn't lock you out of anything else; it all depends on what you personally prefer (we want to give players as much freedom as possible). Right now romance/sex content is limited to Meredith since she's the only one in the game (alongside a couple of casual flings with female NPCs), but we'll be adding more companions to the prologue Fort as soon as we're done with the main quests (you can see a couple of the other partymembers in their chibi art in the Patreon post from Christmas - I think it's the latest devblog there). I should probably write a detailed post about companions, the question keeps popping up...
We're still debating whether to have female companions fight over you and make you choose which of them you want to have a relationship with, but that's a tricky issue because while realistic, it goes against the spirit of the (ero)game and the MC's character (being a womanizing war-hero/celebrity). Meredith already kind of accepts that you have side-chicks and casual flings, else we'd have to make her bitch and nag every time you access a sex-scene with another woman (which would be extremely unfun, and would make everyone hate her character). Sometimes it's better to ignore realism in favor of fun/gameplay. The captured female commanders you add to your harem after defeating them are also kind of ignored by your romanceable partymembers, otherwise the free girls would all leave your party for cheating on them (since you get to sleep around, and they don't). Again, not very fun, despite being 'realistic'.
And will there be mutliple endings connected to romancing companions?
As for the endings, they'll be handled by slides, like in old RPGs a la Fallout - we're huge fans of those games. All the important stuff you do in ToLLA (how you solve the main quest, handle faction disputes, resolve major crises, etc.) will be tracked, and then outlined via slides (text + pictures) after the game ends. Companion romances are a part of that. So if you, for example, end up with Meredith (after solving her personal quest and romancing her for most of the game), then you'll see how your decisions have played out, and what the outcome is. You'll know what I'm talking about if you've played Baldur's Gate 2 - they had companion slides/text for everyone, including the romances.

But the slides are post-game content, and we've a ways to go until we get there... The main portion of companion romances happen during the game, where you get to explore the girls' backstories, help them out with personal quests, unlock romance content like love-talks, buy them gifts to boost their affection, and obviously partake in all the sex-scenes that accompany everything. The aim is to develop a legit RPG (exploration, itemization, combat) where you go around adventuring, then come back to your home base and relax by talking to your girls, spending time with your harem, unlocking and accessing various sex-scenes with your favorite females, etc. Personally, I've always felt that RPGs were missing that whole portion - not necessarily the sex part, but the home-management and relationship aspect you could partake in while relaxing between combat missions. So we're working that into ToLLA!
I did not know that Discord is such a dangerous place.. O_O
Haha it's probably not as bad as I made it sound... but I just don't have the time to moderate it right now. I'm busy with play-testing at the moment, and writing content for Build#3. Once this next patch goes out I'll probably try and set something up so that everyone who's interested in the game has a place to hang out.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes