kyleato1234

Apr 27, 2022
Currently known that the dev is making a new game called "Tower of Solaria", but theres no existence or evidence of the new game.

In my knowledge, for absence of news from the dev or activities. THIS IS GAME IS OFFICIALLY DEAD. Likely the dev just did a cash out and run move just like other games hahahaha.

This is just a hot take and observation if the dev is true to his/her word in busy making the other project.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
Currently known that the dev is making a new game called "Tower of Solaria", but theres no existence or evidence of the new game.

In my knowledge, for absence of news from the dev or activities. THIS IS GAME IS OFFICIALLY DEAD. Likely the dev just did a cash out and run move just like other games hahahaha.

This is just a hot take and observation if the dev is true to his/her word in busy making the other project.
He hasn't posted anyone since February and plus starting a new project makes it double dead.
If anyone has access to the discord I'm curious how he still manages to make $300 a month, like is he still active there?

TDX

Dec 7, 2017
He hasn't posted anyone since February and plus starting a new project makes it double dead.
If anyone has access to the discord I'm curious how he still manages to make $300 a month, like is he still active there?
The discord has some usuals there but it's not always popping off, if you talk to the devs directly they'll usually respond.

All i can really say is i've personally seen assets for their new game but i'm not at liberty to share them so my source for now is "trust me bro". The reason why it's taking so long is because they're in the process of making their own 3D models.

DMorphling

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2021
For all of you who have been wondering if I just abandoned everything and ran away with the few bucks I make on patreon: no. I am actually working on Unreal Engine 5. The cash I get from patreon I spend both in blueprints/c++ coding courses for the engine and modular environment, assets and character creation courses for blender, substance painter and zbrush, since here in Argentina the situation is aweful and purchasing anything online in USD comes with a 90% taxes. Yes, almost double.
I'm sorry if I dissapointed you all but I'm not just gonna download a bunch of free assets, steal some r34 over-used models and do a "take this from here to over there" game, it's just not in me nor do I enjoy doing so even if it's the easy way.
As you all know UE5 is not as easy as RPGM nor C++ has been my main working language.

Very recently I've managed to save up some money and quit my full time job that's been consumin the life out of me to be able to spend much more time on the games I want to work on. I will post something over here hoping it's enough for some of you who've been always showing enthusiasm on ToS to not lose your faith in me. If that's not enough I'm sorry, but as I believe I mentioned some time ago: ToS is not good enough for me. I'm thankful for those who enjoyed it but I want the game to be exactly as I picture it and I'm not gonna settle with less than that. In the meantime we're working on a much smaller game to get enough experience in UE to work on this much more ambitious project. I hope you guys understand. Sorry for the trouble.

"Download"

Jul 12, 2018
For all of you who have been wondering if I just abandoned everything and ran away with the few bucks I make on patreon: no. I am actually working on Unreal Engine 5. The cash I get from patreon I spend both in blueprints/c++ coding courses for the engine and modular environment, assets and character creation courses for blender, substance painter and zbrush, since here in Argentina the situation is aweful and purchasing anything online in USD comes with a 90% taxes. Yes, almost double.
I'm sorry if I dissapointed you all but I'm not just gonna download a bunch of free assets, steal some r34 over-used models and do a "take this from here to over there" game, it's just not in me nor do I enjoy doing so even if it's the easy way.
As you all know UE5 is not as easy as RPGM nor C++ has been my main working language.

Very recently I've managed to save up some money and quit my full time job that's been consumin the life out of me to be able to spend much more time on the games I want to work on. I will post something over here hoping it's enough for some of you who've been always showing enthusiasm on ToS to not lose your faith in me. If that's not enough I'm sorry, but as I believe I mentioned some time ago: ToS is not good enough for me. I'm thankful for those who enjoyed it but I want the game to be exactly as I picture it and I'm not gonna settle with less than that. In the meantime we're working on a much smaller game to get enough experience in UE to work on this much more ambitious project. I hope you guys understand. Sorry for the trouble.
All what you have behind you is abandoned game and big words about your new ambitious project. Only mark "Completed" on your new project will prove your words. But Im sure that you will have at least small share of supporters anyway.

DMorphling

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2021
All what you have behind you is abandoned game and big words about your new ambitious project. Only mark "Completed" on your new project will prove your words. But Im sure that you will have at least small share of supporters anyway.
And it's for that share of non-patreon supporters who've been interested in my work on this forum that I take my time to explain what I do and where I invest my money, as I stated. Sorry it was not to your liking but still I'm missing your point. I fail to see anything but a non-constructive complaint from someone who hasn't even shown any interest in the past for something he's complaining at.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
And it's for that share of non-patreon supporters who've been interested in my work on this forum that I take my time to explain what I do and where I invest my money, as I stated. Sorry it was not to your liking but still I'm missing your point. I fail to see anything but a non-constructive complaint from someone who hasn't even shown any interest in the past for something he's complaining at.
I mean you last updated your patreon page on February and simply posting updates takes almost zero effort so that's why people doubt you.

TDX

Dec 7, 2017
I mean you last updated your patreon page on February and simply posting updates takes almost zero effort so that's why people doubt you.
If it's as simple as that do you want patreon posts of assets that are far from completed and will probably go over various redesigns before being finished or do you want posts with "big words" like he just made here? Genuinely curious.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
If it's as simple as that do you want patreon posts of assets that are far from completed and will probably go over various redesigns before being finished or do you want posts with "big words" like he just made here? Genuinely curious.
Saying I'm stopping the development of the game to learn Unreal 5 and posting periodic updates is better than fucking off for 6 months.
If you are incapable of understanding going completely fucking dark is bad then you are beyond help.

"Download"

Jul 12, 2018
Complaining?) Check the definition of this word. Im not complaining, like at all. Just stating obvious and dont mean harm to anyone. You abandoned game just bcause you dont feel like make it anymore and jumping to new way more ambitious project, this dont give your words credibility even in the slightest. Im not telling that you definetily lie, to 2023 similar situations with devs ended with nothing a lot of times (new abandoned game, scumming patreons etc) so your decision at best fishy as fuck. So it will be perfectly understandable if people will stop support/believe your words.

I played Tales of Symmeria and realy liked it by the way.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes