Nakna

Sep 6, 2017
I agree with the posts above to be honest; very good art and good idea of a game... But why not a battle fuck, or a platformer?

Sitting through drudgingly slow turn-based card games really is not that fun. And there's a loooooooot of battles; like on the last map you're doing like 60 minutes of battling through these slow ass scenes (which I cheated through with cheat engine and it still took ages) so you can get one scene. And you have to do all three stages three times; that's 9 long ass maps for a total of 19 animations.

I don't know. Too much work, too little reward. And just not a fun formula for a game.
Great art though.

OnyxShadow

May 21, 2017
I've been an avid fan of these kind of deck-building games for a long time. I think I've probably played/watched over 5k hours of Slay the Spire alone.

One unusual thing about this game is the prevalence of "halves each turn" effects. Its well-balanced, though.

We need to be able to preview upgraded versions of cards before acquiring them. Not knowing if you can upgrade for reduced energy cost, how much throughput you get from upgrades, or IF you can upgrade at all is unfortunate.

Playing on >>> mode was great. At first I was worried I'd have to play at default animation speed which felt languid.

I got a win in my first run. It mostly came down to solid fundamentals being rewarded: Keep the deck from getting too big. Balance energy and card draw. Prioritize scaling (strength is WAY more important than +damage on individual cards).

Overall, I can tell a lot of thought went into the gameplay, and a lot of work was done to keep it at just the right level of difficulty.

Probably my only complaint was that this wasn't very sex-focused. You get scenes with the bosses after winning, there are a couple loops with tentacles when you do upgrades, and 1 or 2 enemies are nude females. At some point you have to wonder if so little emphasis exists for the adult content that it might not have been worth being made as a non-adult game.

Overall, a strong A-

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
I beat the game in 3 hours and got all the scenes.
All 15 of them...
Seems like they'd put a bit more content for the hassle of a rogue like. I mean the variety of enemies is good but only getting 3 boss animations and tentacles kinda sucks.
For a tamer you only tame 3 things disappointing.

warings91

Aug 28, 2018
really good game wish we got more content with it though. also is it me or is the rogue just the worst character like she be weak af

Reactions: solonvi
Mar 19, 2018
bro FUCK playing as dusk, holy shit.... i just completed my first run with her, and it took an hour and a half

my other runs with the other two capped at like, 30-ish minutes each? but Dusk's mechanic just feels so finnicky and bad... now i understand entirely why Silent's poison in Slay the Spire only ticks down by 1 per use, instead of half--because half feels like fucking dogshit

TastyDongo

Jan 28, 2018
Warrior : 0 cost potion that restore up to 3 AP and a 1 cost spell that give strength and draw 2.
Priest : 1 cost spell that draw 4 and a 0 cost spell that restore 3 AP and draw 1.
Assassin : 0 cost spell that restore 2 AP and draw 3.

I think the Dev doesn't even touch game of same genre.

solonvi

May 25, 2018
Pretty fun deck builder, but the third character, Dusk, is an absolute chore to play. No reliable way of dealing damage and the brewing mechanic just slows her turns to a crawl.

The artwork is amazing though.

TatsumaruOZ

Jan 30, 2019
It's a good game, but I hate the mechanics of the last elf, she doesn't do damage and her heals suck!

JUDAEL

Jul 8, 2017
ok game, but imho (as Zetria) it doesn't worth money since those dev games lacks of content

Reactions: MoreNow

AnotherLurker

May 19, 2017
Pretty mediocre game.
It's addictive enough for 6-8 hours, but then everything is completed and there's no reason to play anymore.
Balance is very poor and everything is super easy to cheese.

The last character (rogue) gameplay isn't fun either and takes more than twice as long as the others.
Really? I had a blast. Part of the fun for me wasn't just beating it, but figuring out ways to optimize.

For example, I thought about having a priestess deck with nothing but bee spirits, attack boosts, and free faith cards. But the random nature of the draws makes that somewhat infeasible. Similarly, I hated the rogue until I found the "leftovers" card. Hide, spam healing combinations, and then start building up a stash of deadly poison darts and you can grind enemies down surprisingly quickly. It would be a way more interesting if the counter ticked up faster, say if it counted each ingredient and the potions you used, and then reset after use. And maybe if there was a combination that gave energy back to the player...in that scenario it would be possible to build up to a fairly powerful poison rather quickly, but then you'd need to do it repeatedly. Make it stack with the card that doubles brewing output and you could do horrific damage with a good hand (that card currently doesn't work with leftovers, don't try this).

As it stands...eh, I'll save it for later. I want to review and give it four or five, but I'm not sure that's really warranted. Because you're right--the replay value is limited. For this to have more mileage we'd need more variability and more lewds. Maybe an option to trade certain cards between characters, a scavenger hunt mechanic where certain enemies will lewd the elves in the right circumstances (like right after a shield break, or using too many of the lewd cards), and...well, more.
What this game does it does very well. Past the combat and the lewds though, there isn't much else.
Great for a few days if you space it out and the odd revisit afterwards.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Warrior : 0 cost potion that restore up to 3 AP and a 1 cost spell that give strength and draw 2.
Priest : 1 cost spell that draw 4 and a 0 cost spell that restore 3 AP and draw 1.
Assassin : 0 cost spell that restore 2 AP and draw 3.

I think the Dev doesn't even touch game of same genre.
Yeah, there were some cards that were just free upgrades always like that, and some there were 100% useless (The alchemist/thief was filled with these). Agreed, it seems the devs didn't even bother trying some similar games before making this, they just saw some images of deck builder games and thought they could make one. Some of the balance and gameplay issues here are so easily avoidable if they had any experience at all with decent games of this genre.

3.80 star(s) 103 Votes