VN Ren'Py Tavern of Spear [v0.32a] [Caro]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Eggyeggeggy

Feb 2, 2021
If one were to check his latest patreon post he says he's expecting turbulent IRL situation after the end of next month and if should things come to pass as he expects, he'll be forced to put ToS into indefinite hiatus and has prepared to give control of the account to his fuckbuddy to suspend everything and make the announcement if so.

RIP Eyvind never got a scene with Bread or the snow villagers.

Unnoted

Aug 3, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised for another game in this style to be cancelled, lustful desires is kind of on that path too.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised for another game in this style to be cancelled, lustful desires is kind of on that path too.
TBH, it is to be expected any project would be "abandoned" at some point, if the dev doesn't have a "Clear vision", or a "Project Goal" that's about finish the project. Doubly true if it's a passion project.
Well, enjoy while it lasts, and moving on (like those devs do).

Funny some dev even Gloat about their game being "Open Ended" / "No End", like it's a good thing :KEK:

baradoge

Apr 7, 2019
Hah, could have called this being cancelled a long time ago. The devs have constantly had delays and pauses and it's become pretty clear they've lost interest in the project, which comes when you've done the same thing for years at a time. I don't blame them.

It's a shame but I've enjoyed the game a lot so I thank them for that and wish them well

Wolfarren

Sep 1, 2017
So that does mean Caro himself gonna abandon Tos project?
His exact Post.

Hello Caro here.
I'm sorry but the update would delay to September 2 again, and there's not much contents in it
The reason is, the code rebuilding took over twenty days, which is more than I thought it would. It caused the dungeon part to be completely out of time and difficult to produce in time.
There's quite a bit of plots I have now but it's all going to be available after the dungeon, so none of it will be available until the dungeon is finished. I urgently asked Libra to write another story line instead first, but he's suddenly having unexpected problems and can't make it, so I have none of texts on my hand can be used right now.
The current plan is to put Horace's scene into the game with a temporary button like I did in the v0.08 (yhe gargoyle scene) to let everyone click and watch the scene in advance, other than that, all I can do now is try to polish the combat system as much as I can in advance with my remaining time to make it look a bit more decent.

Thank you very much for your continued support!

As well as I need to apologize in advance, from the end of next month there are some bad things that may happen.
I can't say what's it, but I will try my best to update to version 0.3 before this time .
If nothing happens it's for the best, if something does happen, the TOS project will go into an endless pause state. I've given the account password for this account to my boyfriend and he'll help with refunds and suspending/closing the account. I would like to continue to finish this project if I can get in a position to do so again.

Eggyeggeggy

Feb 2, 2021
All my favorites don't have scenes yet deadge and he even introduced a beetle man. The last thing he's gonna add is a scene for that horse?

Wolf_Dick

Sep 2, 2019
After the long awaited itch I've returned from my DnD customizing and BG3 fun, your friendly archivist werewolf returns with another update - as the creator said this might come with bugs because coding can be messy and rough to deal with especially when implementing a new expanded system with a passionate goal in mind.

For what it is worth, we will get a sneak peek on an upcoming story piece - I am unsure how this will go myself but will play the update with all of you and go over it together. Any updates that fix crucial bugs will be updated in the links with this post.

Bonus Scenes are included for convenience to those that like to play or revisit them. I can't guarantee if the new game changes will affect them or not as I am not a developer of the game, but I will try them out and update if I notice any problems. I don't have a MAC so I'm not able to help with that, but others here have found ways to get the bonus working so please refer to those posts.

Cheat code included in the PC and MAC bundle zips as well as in this post for convenience!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Always welcome to DM if you like to game or chat in general too. Hopefully this update will still be enjoyable!

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes