4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
:sigh: Looking forward to playing — but when I load any of my saves, at some point, no matter what choices I try to make, I get a "list index out of range" error. :-(

Suggestions, anyone?

Kuroyama

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
:sigh: Looking forward to playing — but when I load any of my saves, at some point, no matter what choices I try to make, I get a "list index out of range" error. :-(

Suggestions, anyone?
That's odd. I tested with a bunch of saves to make sure. Are you trying to use a 0.1 save by any chance? 0.3 will only work with 0.2+ saves. If that's not the case, hop on our Discord, I can be of much more help.

• Angry
Reactions: Antosha

Lurms

Aug 7, 2017
Just finished playing the current content, and I've gotta say that the writing in this game is much better than the standard stuff coming out of other H-games these days. H-scene-wise, it is a slow burn, but the payoff has more weight to it thanks to the character development. Gameplay-wise, I think some subtle indicators on the backgrounds where there is a option to go would be helpful. It took me a long time to figure out that I could go further into the dorm rooms, simply because the highlight is only in that small corner and is easily missed by quickly mousing over stuff in the room. Also the animation for the new day is a bit too long, and can't be clicked through, so they get to be rather annoying when you have to speed through a week to get to a important weekend scene. The character page did prove helpful, and actually absolutely key to progressing through the game, although some of the hint text felt unnecesarily vague at times.
Anyway, all in all, good work dev, and this is definitely on my update watchlist now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kuroyama

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
That's odd. I tested with a bunch of saves to make sure. Are you trying to use a 0.1 save by any chance? 0.3 will only work with 0.2+ saves. If that's not the case, hop on our Discord, I can be of much more help.
:sigh: Yes. It was a save from a game I started in 0.1. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kuroyama

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
I've downloaded the latest version (v 0.3.2) and am playing from a v 0.2 save. It plays fine with no problems that I've found. I like the imaged hints, but the numerical ratings seem to have disappeared. Is there a trick to call them up?

eretann

Jul 4, 2020
I've downloaded the latest version (v 0.3.2) and am playing from a v 0.2 save. It plays fine with no problems that I've found. I like the imaged hints, but the numerical ratings seem to have disappeared. Is there a trick to call them up?
if by " numerical ratings " you mean girls' stats then it is going to come back in some way. wouldn't expect that sooner than 0.5 though. If by "numerical ratings" you mean displaing amout of events for certain girl then I dunno, I didn't hear anything about it coming back though

loto_ortega

May 30, 2020
Anyone know what happened to this game? it was supposed to have a big update this month.
The Dev thinks it's going to be a while longer, last I looked. Join the Discord, where he has a progress chart put together to how you where he's at with this.

May 26, 2018
I REALLY like this game - or at least that is how it started out. I am very disappointed with the actual lack of content (and no, I don't mean H-content). In this game, I go to school, do certain things (which pretty quickly runs out those differing contents) then am presented with going to the dorm, where the content is lacking to one degree or another. On weekends, you go to cafe, street, or something, with little to no content within, then get presented with the dorm (this time telling ou it will have content or activities - at a later date - that since v 0.3.0 has not happened (and I am assuming v 0.3.2 is the same). With version 0.3.2 in the change log he mentions the version update is a (if I remember) place-holder until the next version comes out in January 2021. It is now February 18, 2021 and no update. yes, I did see the comment about joining his discord for further information, but damn, I already monitor 5 games on discord, and am really getting frustrated with developers who use that while failing to update their game-thread with info or explanations.

Like I said, I REALLY like this game (at least as far as it goes now) and would really appreciate a developer who is more proactive in keeping the game-thread updated with progress info, accurate update info (meaning when you say next update is January, then make it January), and possibly future plans for the game.

still, the renders are really great, in my own humble opinion, the story-line is maybe weird but fun, and while I am a bit disappointed with the amount of content in and outside of the school or dorm, it is still a decently playable game. so, out of 5 stars, I would give it a solid 4 (if I were generous, 4.5) stars.

Reactions: hentai charley

eretann

Jul 4, 2020
I REALLY like this game - or at least that is how it started out. I am very disappointed with the actual lack of content (and no, I don't mean H-content). In this game, I go to school, do certain things (which pretty quickly runs out those differing contents) then am presented with going to the dorm, where the content is lacking to one degree or another. On weekends, you go to cafe, street, or something, with little to no content within, then get presented with the dorm (this time telling ou it will have content or activities - at a later date - that since v 0.3.0 has not happened (and I am assuming v 0.3.2 is the same).
Currently dev is actually working on update to fix it (more or less). As from 0.1 to 0.3.2 weren't really adding anything big to Renpy, Kuroyama focused more on basic mechanics and events. 0.4 on the other hand is now buiding the core mechanics of the game for future updates (to build how the game will actually work)

So now the question is what do you mean by "the content". If you mean events - 0.4 is not gonna add any AFAIK
If you wanted additional mechanics, then 0.4 gonna be pretty big chunk of them.

" Briefly:
1. Schedules for characters
2. Automated event firing (separated into three types)
3. Tasks (also automated)
4. Shops
5. Lost and found for bonus events
6. New leveling system
7. An actual inventory" - brief list from dev's Discord

The problem is that Kuro is posting his pre-view builds to Patreons, so I keep hitting him with bug reports (and unfortunately he tries to fix them), so I'm also partially the one to blame :D

1613768595251.png

This is how progress looks like at the moment. so it's at state of porting events from 0.3.2 to 0.4. So I'm not sure when that's gonna end.
Dev said that it's gonna be:
1613769073420.png
But I dunno if I believe him :D

May 26, 2018
Currently dev is actually working on update to fix it (more or less). As from 0.1 to 0.3.2 weren't really adding anything big to Renpy, Kuroyama focused more on basic mechanics and events. 0.4 on the other hand is now buiding the core mechanics of the game for future updates (to build how the game will actually work)

So now the question is what do you mean by "the content". If you mean events - 0.4 is not gonna add any AFAIK
If you wanted additional mechanics, then 0.4 gonna be pretty big chunk of them.

" Briefly:
1. Schedules for characters
2. Automated event firing (separated into three types)
3. Tasks (also automated)
4. Shops
5. Lost and found for bonus events
6. New leveling system
7. An actual inventory" - brief list from dev's Discord

The problem is that Kuro is posting his pre-view builds to Patreons, so I keep hitting him with bug reports (and unfortunately he tries to fix them), so I'm also partially the one to blame :D

View attachment 1044736

This is how progress looks like at the moment. so it's at state of porting events from 0.3.2 to 0.4. So I'm not sure when that's gonna end.
Dev said that it's gonna be:
View attachment 1044744
But I dunno if I believe him :D
Let me see if I have this right: He started creating a game, from your comment above he did not like how it was going (using what you said about the schedule and its info within) so he is re-writing it to "improve" it. During this, he took out one of the best parts of the game (Girl Stats and hints for events), is not planning on adding NEW content or putting the parts needed for weekends (based on what I understand), trying to fix all of the bugs and errors (again, without adding new content or advancing game progress, based again on what I understand), and it is SUPPOSED to be rolled out in March - maybe.

If I have gotten any of this wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Based on the above, I am honestly wondering why I should bother to follow this game? I mean, I really DO like it, but damn, if it is going to take a year (or 6 months) to have new content added or have the storyline progress reasonably, it is almost not worth dealing with this. It wsa fine - from my personal point of view - the way it started, just could have used weekend content in Dorm, content more in cafe and street, and possibly within home. But now it feels as if he is doing a rebuild/reboot, and even with games I REALLY enjoyed, they do not do as well when rebuilt/rebooted. I have seen too many games doing reboots (one that never gets past v 0.4.0 - Thinking About You, I believe it is called; another called Picture Perfect which while not TOO bad, ruined the renders by making the girls in it look more like milfs or Older when they were supposed to be daughters; or like Slonique who constantly starts a game and then abandons it). I am always willing to give the "benefit of the doubt" for new games or new developers, but I see red flags when a developer soddenly decides to do a reboot because of "dissatisfaction" with a game they are creating.

However, as I said before, this IS just my opinion, and I COULD be wrong, so I plan to wait and see where this is going. I am hoping that I will not be disappointed.

eretann

Jul 4, 2020
Let me see if I have this right: He started creating a game, from your comment above he did not like how it was going (using what you said about the schedule and its info within) so he is re-writing it to "improve" it. During this, he took out one of the best parts of the game (Girl Stats and hints for events), is not planning on adding NEW content or putting the parts needed for weekends (based on what I understand), trying to fix all of the bugs and errors (again, without adding new content or advancing game progress, based again on what I understand), and it is SUPPOSED to be rolled out in March - maybe.
"During this, he took out one of the best parts of the game (Girl Stats and hints for events)" - not taking these out, they're here to stay. Actually dev made completely new menu for these.

" is not planning on adding NEW content" - again, what is "the content". From what I see you mean new events. In case of them, AFAIK there will be indeed no new ones (except those needed to explain new mechanics)

"is not (...) putting the parts needed for weekends" - you mean weekend activities? I'm not sure how these ones are going. As far as I can see the current ones are the ones that will stay.

" trying to fix all of the bugs and errors" - well, not sure how about you, but I dont like when I gets softlocked whenever changing location :D ,
"(again, without adding new content or advancing game progress, based again on what I understand)" - bugfixes is part of developing process (despite what big corpo are doing with their games lately)

"and it is SUPPOSED to be rolled out in March - maybe" - yeah

" Based on the above, I am honestly wondering why I should bother to follow this game?" - I dunno why you would in the first place,

" if it is going to take a year (or 6 months) to have new content added" - from now it's more like a month. Then AFAIK the monthly updates are coming back, as the core mechanics will be already there.

" it is almost not worth dealing with this." - "dealing" by checking out F95 page from time to time? yeah, real hard work

" It was fine - from my personal point of view - the way it started" - well, ngl that if could be called asset flip back then, and that wouldn't be so far from truth. Dev actually tries to make game with own mechanic. Never thought somebody would blame people for putting work into their games.

" but I see red flags when a developer soddenly decides to do a reboot because of "dissatisfaction" with a game they are creating." - AFAIK Kuro wanted to do it from the very beginning but didn't know how the game would play out. Basically didn't want to put effort into sth nobody would play.

May 26, 2018
"During this, he took out one of the best parts of the game (Girl Stats and hints for events)" - not taking these out, they're here to stay. Actually dev made completely new menu for these.

" is not planning on adding NEW content" - again, what is "the content". From what I see you mean new events. In case of them, AFAIK there will be indeed no new ones (except those needed to explain new mechanics)

"is not (...) putting the parts needed for weekends" - you mean weekend activities? I'm not sure how these ones are going. As far as I can see the current ones are the ones that will stay.

" trying to fix all of the bugs and errors" - well, not sure how about you, but I dont like when I gets softlocked whenever changing location :D ,
"(again, without adding new content or advancing game progress, based again on what I understand)" - bugfixes is part of developing process (despite what big corpo are doing with their games lately)

"and it is SUPPOSED to be rolled out in March - maybe" - yeah

" Based on the above, I am honestly wondering why I should bother to follow this game?" - I dunno why you would in the first place,

" if it is going to take a year (or 6 months) to have new content added" - from now it's more like a month. Then AFAIK the monthly updates are coming back, as the core mechanics will be already there.

" it is almost not worth dealing with this." - "dealing" by checking out F95 page from time to time? yeah, real hard work

" It was fine - from my personal point of view - the way it started" - well, ngl that if could be called asset flip back then, and that wouldn't be so far from truth. Dev actually tries to make game with own mechanic. Never thought somebody would blame people for putting work into their games.

" but I see red flags when a developer soddenly decides to do a reboot because of "dissatisfaction" with a game they are creating." - AFAIK Kuro wanted to do it from the very beginning but didn't know how the game would play out. Basically didn't want to put effort into sth nobody would play.
Ok, :), First of all... The weekend content I am speaking of is what you are (or should be) able to do when you get to the dorm house. During the week, you are able to enter the dorm, interact with perhaps one or more of the girls there, then go home and sleep til next day. During weekend, you get to the dorm, and get this message that this is where weekend activities should occur - and then to suggest activities for the developer to include.

As far as the rest (the time between updates, the adding of events/content/decent progression within the game without JUST bug fixes, I am willing to wait and give it time. As I originally said, I REALLY like this game, and am hoping that - eventually - there is going to be progression within the storyline (which, if I am honest, I would have expected to be occurring at each update). Still, the game is relatively young, and I guess to be fair I should be willing to wait and check back every so often to ascertain the amount/degree of content/event addition per updates rather than simply making assumptions.

Overall, the game IS pretty good (as far as it goes for the moment), renders are very well done considering (I am assuming) Honey Select, and the actual storyline is fairly consistent and - at times - funny, when you consider the interaction of the MC with each girl there. :)

So, at this point, I will admit that perhaps I have not been fair to the developer and should instead allow sufficient time to pass before "passing judgement" on the game. :) As it is, Well Done so far and my compliments on a well made starting game.

Kuroyama

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
Ok, :), First of all... The weekend content I am speaking of is what you are (or should be) able to do when you get to the dorm house. During the week, you are able to enter the dorm, interact with perhaps one or more of the girls there, then go home and sleep til next day. During weekend, you get to the dorm, and get this message that this is where weekend activities should occur - and then to suggest activities for the developer to include.

As far as the rest (the time between updates, the adding of events/content/decent progression within the game without JUST bug fixes, I am willing to wait and give it time. As I originally said, I REALLY like this game, and am hoping that - eventually - there is going to be progression within the storyline (which, if I am honest, I would have expected to be occurring at each update). Still, the game is relatively young, and I guess to be fair I should be willing to wait and check back every so often to ascertain the amount/degree of content/event addition per updates rather than simply making assumptions.

Overall, the game IS pretty good (as far as it goes for the moment), renders are very well done considering (I am assuming) Honey Select, and the actual storyline is fairly consistent and - at times - funny, when you consider the interaction of the MC with each girl there. :)

So, at this point, I will admit that perhaps I have not been fair to the developer and should instead allow sufficient time to pass before "passing judgement" on the game. :) As it is, Well Done so far and my compliments on a well made starting game.
Hi, I'm sorry that I've been less active on F95, so I didn't respond sooner, but hopefully this will clear some of the questions up. All of the following is in response to several of the posts, so consider this a mini-FAQ.

In general, I want to make the current game (with its current story) expandable by me with this update. The original code was standard Ren'py scripting that would have gotten way out of hand to manage if I had continued to develop as is. In practice, I noticed this with 0.3.1 and 0.3.2 updates where the amount of content I could add would diminish with each update because I would spend too much time trying to link events together and have the game play out the way I wanted people to see it. So, this is where the "rewriting" of the game came in. I basically made a game engine on top of Ren'py that would handle the story progression for me allowing me to do what I want a lot more efficiently and includes some nice features like branching stories.

All of that is to say, I needed a lot more time to debug all of it because it's something I'm going to be using without much modification going forward (including any future games wink wink). New content will be added with 0.4 and all the old content will still be there, so the story is not being changed, just how it's handled in my backend. On top of that, new mechanics will be introduced like inventories, shops, and tasks that add (or hopefully add) to the game experience.

I am well aware of how I haven't updated in a while and how this game reeks of another abandoned project, but I will be sticking around for as long as it takes to finish this game to my own satisfaction. There's quite a bit going on in my personal life right now, but I try to work on the game any chance I have. After all, this is a personal project rather than my daily job :D

May 26, 2018
Hi, I'm sorry that I've been less active on F95, so I didn't respond sooner, but hopefully this will clear some of the questions up. All of the following is in response to several of the posts, so consider this a mini-FAQ.

In general, I want to make the current game (with its current story) expandable by me with this update. The original code was standard Ren'py scripting that would have gotten way out of hand to manage if I had continued to develop as is. In practice, I noticed this with 0.3.1 and 0.3.2 updates where the amount of content I could add would diminish with each update because I would spend too much time trying to link events together and have the game play out the way I wanted people to see it. So, this is where the "rewriting" of the game came in. I basically made a game engine on top of Ren'py that would handle the story progression for me allowing me to do what I want a lot more efficiently and includes some nice features like branching stories.

All of that is to say, I needed a lot more time to debug all of it because it's something I'm going to be using without much modification going forward (including any future games wink wink). New content will be added with 0.4 and all the old content will still be there, so the story is not being changed, just how it's handled in my backend. On top of that, new mechanics will be introduced like inventories, shops, and tasks that add (or hopefully add) to the game experience.

I am well aware of how I haven't updated in a while and how this game reeks of another abandoned project, but I will be sticking around for as long as it takes to finish this game to my own satisfaction. There's quite a bit going on in my personal life right now, but I try to work on the game any chance I have. After all, this is a personal project rather than my daily job :D
Thank you for your very courteous and considerate reply. I must note: for the most part when I talk to developers, I find them not only courteous, but considerate and well articulate regarding the works (projects) they are working on. Simply based on this reply, I am VERY inclined to wait further and see where this game is going. :)

I admit that at times I can be an opinionated asshole (lol) and often sound as if I consider meself to be "entitled". Please believe, that entitlement is very far from the truth. While I DO agree that in me initial correspondence with developers, I DO come off sounding negative and opinionated, and yet after speaking to them for a few "days" I tend to discover understanding regarding their projects, dreams for the game, and therefore see (99% Of the time) that I misjudged them and should try to have a bit more patience before "attacking" them or commenting negatively on their game. When I am shown that I was in error, I feel no shame or hesitancy in admitting my error and apologizing. After all, how else does one get to know a developer but to engage in constructive, courteous dialogue?

With that being said, I hereby apologize if me comments seemed either negative, destructive, or intended to denigrate the developer; and I will be waiting for the next real (0.4.0, lol) update to give a - perhaps better - informed opinion. :)

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Just started playing this game but dev PLEASE provide a prologue telling a bit about the world in general. It is hard to follow the story when it's always referring to it and we have no idea what it is and what happened in the past. Saying vague things like diplomats are no longer needed.

The story sounds interesting but right now it's very hard to follow as there is no summary of the world we live in today.

Reactions: Armelle69
May 26, 2018
Hmmmm, must say; am very disappointed the change log first said update in January. Then, after that did not happen, for whatever reason (a reason, I might add was very well explained and I had no problem with) I was informed the anticipated update was now supposed to be in March. Now, it is already April, and no update and no word on WHEN it is coming. I am sorry, I do not go to Patreon due to most developers having nothing of significance there for non-patreons/supporters, and using discord - at least from MY experience - can be confusing and chaotic trying to find new information.

As I have stated before, I REALLY like this game. I even liked that the Developer took the time to respond to me here and did so in a very courteous manner.

here are several things I look for in a good/great/decent game or Developer:

1) first of all, I look simply for a decently playable game. THIS game is both decent and fairly playable. An example of a game that is decent but unplayable (at least to me) is Lessons in Love. The game isn't bad but the gameplay, the excessive number of LI's, and the convoluted steps to advance within the game makes it unplayable to me.

2) I look for games that have a relatively stable, consistent history of updates. While this game does appear to have stable and/or consistent updates, this anticipated v 0.4 update screws that up for me. Examples for that are "My New Family" and "Harem Hotel". The first, made with Renpy, as regular, consistent, and SIGNIFICANT updates. Meaning once a month you get a major update with a LOT of content added and significant progress within the story-line. The Second, also made with Renpy, might take to 4 months (usually less) to have a major update, it also has major additions as well as significant progression to/within the storyline.
While this game started - as I understand it - in September of 2020, I find it unusual thata developer has to add to the game engine just to make it do or allow what hewants in the game while other - new - developers are able to create games with extensive diversity within the game, and do so with minimal to no real problems. Granted; it might take them longer - especially if it is simply a hobby rather that a job - but I, and most other people, can live with that.

3) I look for developers to be honest. When a Developer promises something, they should deliver whatever they promised to deliver. When, for whatever reason, you have to delay delivery, do not lie and say " oh, now instead of January, it is going to be March before I can do 'this or that'". Doing that does two things:
A) it marks you s either unreliable or dishonest and
B) it tends to place you in the category of developers who either cannot or will not be open with their potential supporters.

4) Last, I look for the developer of a game to interact with supporters and potential supporters, not just on Patreon or Discord, but here as well. for example. I use the last 2 games I mentioned in number 2. The developer of "My New Family" especially not only interacts with his supporters, but even the "free players" who might just BECOME supporters because of that interaction.

I do not mind waiting for updates, nor do i mind if it takes a while. I DO mind being mislead or misdirected just because a developer cannot be bothered to be honest, or at least provide more than excuses that seem - to me at least - fishy on the face of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: AaJay and molitar

Abatoir3

Apr 17, 2020
Hmmmm, must say; am very disappointed the change log first said update in January. Then, after that did not happen, for whatever reason (a reason, I might add was very well explained and I had no problem with) I was informed the anticipated update was now supposed to be in March. Now, it is already April, and no update and no word on WHEN it is coming. I am sorry, I do not go to Patreon due to most developers having nothing of significance there for non-patreons/supporters, and using discord - at least from MY experience - can be confusing and chaotic trying to find new information.

As I have stated before, I REALLY like this game. I even liked that the Developer took the time to respond to me here and did so in a very courteous manner.

here are several things I look for in a good/great/decent game or Developer:

1) first of all, I look simply for a decently playable game. THIS game is both decent and fairly playable. An example of a game that is decent but unplayable (at least to me) is Lessons in Love. The game isn't bad but the gameplay, the excessive number of LI's, and the convoluted steps to advance within the game makes it unplayable to me.

2) I look for games that have a relatively stable, consistent history of updates. While this game does appear to have stable and/or consistent updates, this anticipated v 0.4 update screws that up for me. Examples for that are "My New Family" and "Harem Hotel". The first, made with Renpy, as regular, consistent, and SIGNIFICANT updates. Meaning once a month you get a major update with a LOT of content added and significant progress within the story-line. The Second, also made with Renpy, might take to 4 months (usually less) to have a major update, it also has major additions as well as significant progression to/within the storyline.
While this game started - as I understand it - in September of 2020, I find it unusual thata developer has to add to the game engine just to make it do or allow what hewants in the game while other - new - developers are able to create games with extensive diversity within the game, and do so with minimal to no real problems. Granted; it might take them longer - especially if it is simply a hobby rather that a job - but I, and most other people, can live with that.

3) I look for developers to be honest. When a Developer promises something, they should deliver whatever they promised to deliver. When, for whatever reason, you have to delay delivery, do not lie and say " oh, now instead of January, it is going to be March before I can do 'this or that'". Doing that does two things:
A) it marks you s either unreliable or dishonest and
B) it tends to place you in the category of developers who either cannot or will not be open with their potential supporters.

4) Last, I look for the developer of a game to interact with supporters and potential supporters, not just on Patreon or Discord, but here as well. for example. I use the last 2 games I mentioned in number 2. The developer of "My New Family" especially not only interacts with his supporters, but even the "free players" who might just BECOME supporters because of that interaction.

I do not mind waiting for updates, nor do i mind if it takes a while. I DO mind being mislead or misdirected just because a developer cannot be bothered to be honest, or at least provide more than excuses that seem - to me at least - fishy on the face of things.
Relax my guy, the dev just had his finals and graduation which is why it's been taking longer. It may come as a surprise to you, but some people actually do this as a hobby and have a life outside of this, but then again you spend ur days writing rants on a porn game forum so I wouldn't expect you to understand

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes