Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Atrayu

Sep 12, 2017
Lets be clear here. Patreon has no rights to TP what so ever. The game is not hosted nor published by them on there site what so ever. This means they have no control on the contents of the game itself but only the content that is advertised on their site. If the content of the game is promoted or vice versa on the website then they have a say.

Look at DMD for example. None of the games contents have been changed what so ever. It still makes the same references to the relation ship it always has so I don't know why deem changed his game at all.

If patreon was paying deem directly publish his game then they would have full control on what can and cannot be added to the game directly. I am no lawyer but I do enough that unless there is an exclusive clause that states that they have full control of the rights of the contents of the game itself Deem can put whatever he wants in it as long as this content is not advertised anywhere on the site. The only issue this causes is that patreons need to know exactly what they are getting when the pledge to deem so if the game contains incest then people need to know. nothing is preventing deem from advertising incest in the game itself and providing a link to his website also in the game that directly contains a patch to unlock it ect.

So I think he should be able to leave the content as is. Make a small change so that all the "Inappropriate" content is locked and you need the patch to unlock it. I am no coder but that should be far easier then re-doing the entire game itself.

I personally think everyone is taking the clamp down for way more then it is.

Anyway this is just an opinion.

Reactions: locky and Storm4n

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Lets be clear here. Patreon has no rights to TP what so ever. The game is not hosted nor published by them on there site what so ever. This means they have no control on the contents of the game itself but only the content that is advertised on their site. If the content of the game is promoted or vice versa on the website then they have a say.
This is not correct; download links for patrons are provided through Patreon. They get pirated and posted here, but the ultimate source is via Patreon-owned servers or at least links posted via them. Even if this weren't the case, Patreon's revised TOS specifically prohibits bypassing their proscriptions by hosting on third-party sites. So if you set up a Patreon page where people pledge to support your stamp collection, and you have a blog somewhere publishing "Goblin Incest Mind Control Rape Story Of Your Life", their TOS allows them to kill your stamp-collecting Patreon page if they believe there's a connection.

Look at DMD for example. None of the games contents have been changed what so ever. It still makes the same references to the relation ship it always has so I don't know why deem changed his game at all.
The game's content as published through Patreon has been changed, albeit very clumsily. We are fortunate enough to have crackers and coders etc who provide us with a pre-patched version for download here, or so far we have at least. If you download the official version via Patreon, there's no reference to incest or any familial relationship.

Reactions: botc76

Atrayu

Sep 12, 2017
This is not correct; download links for patrons are provided through Patreon. They get pirated and posted here, but the ultimate source is via Patreon-owned servers or at least links posted via them. Even if this weren't the case, Patreon's revised TOS specifically prohibits bypassing their proscriptions by hosting on third-party sites. So if you set up a Patreon page where people pledge to support your stamp collection, and you have a blog somewhere publishing "Goblin Incest Mind Control Rape Story Of Your Life", their TOS allows them to kill your stamp-collecting Patreon page if they believe there's a connection.

The game's content as published through Patreon has been changed, albeit very clumsily. We are fortunate enough to have crackers and coders etc who provide us with a pre-patched version for download here, or so far we have at least. If you download the official version via Patreon, there's no reference to incest or any familial relationship.
The download links themselves link to a 3rd party download source and therefore are not controlled by Patreon. Again if the site does not promote all the content that is in the game they cannot really say anything. It all about the advertising

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
The download links themselves link to a 3rd party download source and therefore are not controlled by Patreon. Again if the site does not promote all the content that is in the game they cannot really say anything. It all about the advertising
I don't know what you mean by "they cannot really say anything". They can close down someone's account if that person violates their Terms of Service, and their ToS states that any account they believe is connected to distributing the kind of content they've banned will be closed, regardless of whether the content is distributed through or advertised on their site.

Aug 5, 2016
You can criticize the product if you don't like it. But you don't get to criticize the process if you aren't contributing to the process. By not supporting him, you are using his game without providing him resources with which to make it. Furthermore, what is gained by criticizing here? All you do is piss off people who are in touch with Deem and understand his struggles when you accuse him of being lazy and lying (I know you said you aren't doing that but don't lie - you're doing exactly that) and no change is made. You just make this place more negative and filled with more unnecessary spam.

ShadrachVS

Jun 13, 2017
The thread has died because its been MONTHS of no update even the best game will be ignored as the time passes
it doesn't help when several posters are "beta" testing and posting about it while the time continues to stretch out
at some point the fans simply don't give a shit what is said about the product that's not here.
Product implies you are paying for it. Are you? Really? Care to prove it?
Now if you were/are paying for it, that accusation gets under your skin... it is baseless, who am I to assume just because you are here that you are not one of the Patrons of Deem? That is what I am getting sick of seeing, people making accusations on here and then spinning off the perceived certainty of those accusations; all in advance of evidence or denial of evidence to the contrary.
If the testers sharing bits of information, trying to give you and idea of when the game may come out is so bothersome; turn of emails from the forum, and don't load this thread until it changes to 2.0. It is simple.
Blizzard doesn't make promises though, they just say soon and it usually means 3 years. When things finally release a decade later they are pure quality.
Sorry mate, Blizzard set Diablo 2 to land in Q4 1998, then pushed back to Q2 1999, then later it went on a COMPLETELY unannounced hiatus only to be released in 2000... with about a months notice. World of Warcraft was similar, multiple planned release dates; every one of them missed until the beta actually came out.
Blizzard is still the running joke of setting a date, canceling the the game, then releasing a year or more later... if they don't just keep pushing dates back.

Maybe that has changed in the last 5 years, but that was how they did business. The original Bioware makes them look sloppy, but now they have been corrupted.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Favourite girl is definately Daughter/FES. Looking forward to what Deem has done with his game, when he and his testers are finished polishing it.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
My 2 Cookies on the Ladies. :)

'D' is great. For me it's a combination of the looks and personality that we see. I think that she would be in the same place for me as 'just' one of the students or as an exchange student that lives in MC's house (I think).

Sarah and Meghan are a difficult decision for me to make. Sadly Sarah content (for now) is low but I really do like the model (I heard she does charity work (and bakes cookies) when not rendering). :) Meghan is also very nice (works at Animal shelter between Render sessions), BUT the modern poetry stuff is a turn off for me (why, Why, why why WHAT why). :) As I say it's tough to decide between the two for ME.

Kaitlyn and Zoe: Sorry Kaitlyn fans but she doesn't really interest me at this point, and Zoe is just a name and salesperson so far. Maybe as the game progresses one or both will rise in the list, but for now they are at the bottom.

'W', hmm well, uh. :) For me she gets a .5 out of 10 for the attitude and treatment of MC. Good Grief I say when she is nasty. I mean the lady is a shrink and gets all grr because the MC forgot to turn on a light?? nope she looks nice in most of the images, but I just don't have a thing for her.

Co-Worker Lady Teacher is meh for me. I played through her content and just wasn't interested. Yes the renders were good, but her character didn't interest me.

Random never before seen character that has never been mentioned by anyone and will probably never exist. :) Now this character has POTENTIAL. Sure there is no content and never will be but for me she is just WOW. :) I could see her taking over as the favorite of EVERYONE. She is nice/snarky, giving/greedy and polite/bitchy. Yep I see this Character as being THE favorite of all. :)

Well, that's my 2 cookies on the ladies. I understand we all have different ideas/opinions, but hope we can all agree that the last character is just divine. :)

Just some thoughts.

P.S. I'm not a fan of '???'. I tend to do the smack down and need to do Console cheats to blackmail Kaitlyn so I wont do a rating here. :)

P.P.S. Yay I almost avoided making this a list. Give me 20 years I my non listy lists might be lists any more. Hmm, just confused myself. :)

Reactions: Anon-e-Mouse

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

If patreon was paying deem directly publish his game then they would have full control on what can and cannot be added to the game directly. I am no lawyer but I do enough that unless there is an exclusive clause that states that they have full control of the rights of the contents of the game itself Deem can put whatever he wants in it as long as this content is not advertised anywhere on the site. The only issue this causes is that patreons need to know exactly what they are getting when the pledge to deem so if the game contains incest then people need to know. nothing is preventing deem from advertising incest in the game itself and providing a link to his website also in the game that directly contains a patch to unlock it ect.

So I think he should be able to leave the content as is. Make a small change so that all the "Inappropriate" content is locked and you need the patch to unlock it. I am no coder but that should be far easier then re-doing the entire game itself.

I personally think everyone is taking the clamp down for way more then it is.

Anyway this is just an opinion.
That's simply not true. You need to patch the game to re-insert the incest in DMD. And you seem to have no understanding of how patreon acts.

Sure, they have no right to force you to change the content of your game, but they also don't have to allow you to use their site in any way. Which means if you don't comply with their demands, you are fucked.

Ty Webb

May 9, 2017
I'm gonna keep it positive. I'm really looking forward to seeing this revamped, and really looking forward to new content when it's ready! Hopefully the Dev and his team got it back on track now. I really enjoy this game.

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
Has no one else had the insufficient resource message ? My machine has never been accused of being low on resources until this game.. LOL Am i missing something ?

Aug 13, 2017
Product implies you are paying for it. Are you? Really? Care to prove it?
Now if you were/are paying for it, that accusation gets under your skin... it is baseless, who am I to assume just because you are here that you are not one of the Patrons of Deem? That is what I am getting sick of seeing, people making accusations on here and then spinning off the perceived certainty of those accusations; all in advance of evidence or denial of evidence to the contrary.
If the testers sharing bits of information, trying to give you and idea of when the game may come out is so bothersome; turn of emails from the forum, and don't load this thread until it changes to 2.0. It is simple.

Sorry mate, Blizzard set Diablo 2 to land in Q4 1998, then pushed back to Q2 1999, then later it went on a COMPLETELY unannounced hiatus only to be released in 2000... with about a months notice. World of Warcraft was similar, multiple planned release dates; every one of them missed until the beta actually came out.
Blizzard is still the running joke of setting a date, canceling the the game, then releasing a year or more later... if they don't just keep pushing dates back.

Maybe that has changed in the last 5 years, but that was how they did business. The original Bioware makes them look sloppy, but now they have been corrupted.
Umm NO product means PRODUCT there is no implication of payment the word stems from producing IE the game.
you can step down from your high horse too since what I posted was perfectly accurate in that people are leaving this thread because its been longer than they are willing to wait on the game and still discuss it.
its also correct to say many AND THAT DOESN'T HAVE TO INCLUDE YOU! are less than happy to see post after post from the beta testers as the game continues to not be updated.
there was no assumptions it was stating the reasons why MANY have simply not cared for this thread.

Mordecai77

Jul 11, 2017
I think people in this thread is looking for the chance to be known as the edgiest person in this forum, complains and fights about everything wanted to be the rightest person, and want every game they want.... NOW! without even thinking if I post this, will it get a positive or a negative reaction, WHO CARES, ITS ME! I WANT THE GAME NOW! IF I DON'T GET IT, SCREW THE DEVELOPER, f this, f that, complain complain, yap yap yap like little dogs in the street

so, its that time once again, to say... be patience, relax, don't read every post with high intensity of want to fight what's mine, just read it, get on with it, cause no matter how crazy and right you are, or wrong you are, the GAME won't be OUT, after you or anyone else complain about the game, its still in alpha and everyone still have to wait, till it goes to beta, when is that? who knows? are you still gonna download it and play it? if you do, stay calm and read on, don't get emotional, and enjoy life til the game comes out :) peace!

Atrayu

Sep 12, 2017
I don't know what you mean by "they cannot really say anything". They can close down someone's account if that person violates their Terms of Service, and their ToS states that any account they believe is connected to distributing the kind of content they've banned will be closed, regardless of whether the content is distributed through or advertised on their site.
So how does someone that makes 12k through Pat pledges alone get away with disturbing a product that is clearly based around noting but incest? Because his page has no reference or direct indication that this is what the game is about thats why.

Again everyone is taking this whole thing for more then its meant to be.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

panalok

Jul 1, 2017
Has no one else had the insufficient resource message ? My machine has never been accused of being low on resources until this game.. LOL Am i missing something ?
I had this problem as well, but it only happened after my pc had been running for quite some time. I finally fixed it by upgrading to the newest version of my graphic card driver.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes