Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Falcon2000

Oct 30, 2017
Early in December, the Deem makes a promise: "a release before the end of the year!", while many had hoped for a release on Christmas, the date quickly changes to "a release at the end of the year!". As an angry mob starts gathering again, the shills fill the thread with cookies-related bullshit, which was completely a-OK by the mods, as it totally wasn't spam/offtopic. The New Year's Eve comes, Deem asks for a few more days. The few more days pass, no release, the mob storms the Bastille, Deem's friends mods lock the thread, and clean it up.
It's January 10th and still no release, the shilling goes on.
Here's the thing - devs are damned if you do, damned if you don't when it comes to release dates. And this isn't just a patreon, small dev, indie dev issue, this happens with AAA games as well sometimes.

People whine and moan and demand to know when to expect a release. If a dev doesn't say anything, they are accused of not working on it, not caring about their fans, not being devoted to their project, abandoning the project, insert-accusation-here. However, if they give in and give an *estimated* release, it winds up being taken by some (many? certainly not all, but quite a few) as a promise, the gospel truth, an absolute 100% guarantee. If something happens that causes that estimate to change or be incorrect, then it's out with the accusations again - they lied, they aren't working, they can't be trusted, etc etc etc. So what does a dev do? Just say nothing and be accused of being a lazy good for nothing dev that won't even communicate? Give their best good faith *estimate* with the understanding that things happen - Best laid plans of mice and men - but then have that communication used against them unreasonably?

Also, what happens when it's "I've got a buggy mess of a release and it's the date I *estimated* for release. I need more time." We've seen here what happens if they reasonably say "I need more time. It's not ready yet." Accusations fly once again. I wonder what everyone would say if they got a release today, that crashed every other scene, or had missing pictures, etc - they'd probably say things like "Why wasn't this tested! How could you release such a buggy mess!" But the alternative is being patient and accepting that the estimate was just that, and needs adjusting. Simple, reasonable, logical, and understandable.

Reactions: Shiva0067

Belle_Father

Jul 28, 2017
This dev is working his arse off to get these bugs squished. 5 different alpha builds after pre-alpha builds. TIme to take my NyQuill and see what happens tomorrow.

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
the only thing i don't get is, why are there so many bugs? like, what is the purpose of making the game bug free for people who "cheat" and change variables around? i'm pretty sure most stable games will crash if you change enough variables or make numbers high enough. i just don't understand the need for a completely bug free experience. there are tons of triple a titles with bugs. they are generally a minor thing, as long as it doesn't crash the game.

for instance in summer time saga, they would release an alpha build to patreons, then a few days later, a public release build with most of the bugs squashed. then the remaining bugs get squashed in a patch, and if there are more bugs, they fix those in the next update as i'm pretty sure there will be introductions to more things that can break a game. i think that model works extremely well and it's pretty silly to have, what, like 8 alpha copies or whatever released already that the public can't get to.

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
Question For All :
Whose your favorite girl?
Oh hi just a lonely Sara fan out here in the barren desolate desert that is the Sara cheering section. I just wanted to respond to your question by saying that Sara is my favorite girl in the game. But seriously I feel like a mental patient when I go through this forum and see literally zero excitement for my favorite character. Same thing happened in damn Holiday Island.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Wow this thread has died R.I.P its a shame people have to accuse deem of lying.
That's what happens when you say questionable stories that sound off to people in the business (No matter if it's true) and don't release something for months. If there's anything Deem can learn from this, it's to put out fires before they start. Customers are a fickle bunch, they like you until they don't, and when they turn on you it isn't pretty. I'd definitely work on the PR game.

At least he's doing the right thing as far as making the game bug free. No ones going to remember a delay if the game is excellent.

About Razor

Aug 20, 2017
Oh hi just a lonely Sara fan out here in the barren desolate desert that is the Sara cheering section. I just wanted to respond to your question by saying that Sara is my favorite girl in the game. But seriously I feel like a mental patient when I go through this forum and see literally zero excitement for my favorite character. Same thing happened in damn Holiday Island.
I like Sara, not my favorite, but I do think there should be more with her especially considering it took a few updates until we could even do anything with her.

Reactions: WaveOfPig
L

Lenor

Deem still has a better track record than Blizzard, and I bet some of these folks getting all bent up actually pay for those games...
Blizzard doesn't make promises though, they just say soon and it usually means 3 years. When things finally release a decade later they are pure quality.

Reactions: symbol

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
I for one am happy that it will be now exchange student instead of daughter, everything latelly is either incest or ntr. Big shame mind control is out.

Red-Cat

Jan 10, 2018
I for one am happy that it will be now exchange student instead of daughter, everything latelly is either incest or ntr. Big shame mind control is out.
I mean, the game has plenty of non-incest characters for those who aren't into it. The daughter stuff isn't mandatory, you can be a good dad if you want.
I also really like Meg, for example. I just have a thing for incest.

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
The daughter stuff isn't mandatory, you can be a good dad if you want.
And miss out big chunk of sexual related content in game (that at least in current public version) have very little of it?
Is it one of those "microtransactions are optional" talk :p ?

U

User_10739

I can't just let it go, there are numerous well known F95 members (mods, modders, uploaders, well-known members) testing the alpha and and we aren't about to fuck you around, and "deem" has always been honest and an active member on this forum helping players out. I get it that you are all desperate to play the new update but I really cannot believe the hate and bullshit that is being spewed forth on this, with members being banned and the thread being locked, unlocked then locked again. My god fucking grow up! This poor guy has been through the ringer in the past couple of months (being hacked and with the patreon gestapo and has had to rebuild his game from the ground up) he is working hard to get you an update... Remember that this is a pirate site and shitting on a dev that you aren't paying is just plain useless! If you are a patron then post your grievance to his Patreon page other than that, you can voice sadness over the lack of continuance or desperation but calling people liars or even worse is uncalled for.

The update is nearly upon you so just chill the fuck out!

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
First we dont kiss deems ass. We defend him from people accusing him of lying to the extent we know is true.
Second deem has released tonnes of statements to patreon and discord detailing everything. Its not our fault your not on his discord or patreon.
Third deem has supported the pirating of his game and either he or his staff post the latest update here minute its released as it would be pirated anyway.
Fourth your complaining about a dev not posting to a site pirating his game when right now his main focus is getting his game released so he can get his income back and actually pay his bills.
And finally to all those here that are not attacking us and hating on everything. Please feel free to join our discord. The links on his patreon site at the bottom of the discription. We welcome everyone who supports deem. This will also give you access to teasers and the game when its released moments after it gets uploaded to patreon. Thanks to everyone who is supporting deem. We are working our asses off to get it finished asap.

DrakeTLD

May 23, 2017
As an actual topic of discussion, what do you guys think about the quantity of girls in this game? While I like the ones there currently are and I am looking forward to seeing their stories develop, I think it would be interesting if there were some more, and not necessarily students but also other teachers.
Be kind of nice, build yourself a respectable sized harem. If he does this though, I'd like him to fully flesh out and finish the existing characters before introducing new ones. (That's just a pet peeve of mine...(

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes