Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
If you cant be nice or have an opinion that is not directly insulting the dev or users. Please dont post it or just leave the thread.

This is a final warning coming from staff. There will be warnings and thread bans placed.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Isn't f95zone a forum where people share pirated games and comics or am I missing something?

Yeah and I appreciate it exactly for that, but were is it stated that being someone who pirates shared content here means the providers and creators of said content are indebted to us?
If anything it should be the other way around.

And I'm not talking quality, because if a game sucks, you should warn others about it, if the game has a good story but shitty pictures or is so bug-riddled it won't work, by all means let everybody know.

You don't have to agree with me, but for me, if I don't even pay for something that isn't supposed to be free, I will give my opinion about quality of content or if it's readable or play-able, but I don't think I have the right or need to complain about delays or act like an entitled dick if something doesn't work out like the creator planned at first.

Maybe if it becomes a common theme, but not if it is a rare occurrence.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
There might very well be backers here. Furthermore, people might be interested in finding out whether it's worth waiting around for/checking every once in a while or not. Even if the opposite is true, people generally respond better to being heard than to being stifled. I repeat, delete stuff that is pure spam, but let people get a channel to air their legitimate grievances, either in this thread or by creating a thread for it.

Btw, no one is saying that people should be "yelling about it on F95zone", nor "screaming about it beforehand". I'm saying people should be allowed to have this kind of level-headed discussion about the topic. ... because this is a forum ... and this is a thread about the game. It follows that discussion about the probability of the existence of the game is of interest, even if it's only to get people to calm the fuck down. Even if there is no discussion worth having, people's position should still be acknowledged when they are told to calm the fuck down, given that the dev is responsible for things going tits-up to begin with. The "angry mob" if we imagine that there is one, therefore has good reason to be angry, even if their anger is impotent at solving the issue.
This is all fine in theory. But remember that this discussion was sparked by a guy speculating that deem is lying and that several other participants ITT are possibly taking payments from deem to provide false corroboration for his lies. That's not "legitimate grievances" or "level-headed discussion" or anything like it.

If people want to complain and want to say they're annoyed by the delay, yeah, sure, whatever. Fine. That's really not what I'm talking about. And hey, I too am disappointed that I was talking on 31/12 about how an 02/01 release would be great and so I didn't mind waiting that long etc. No-one's happy that the game's been delayed. I'm not going to try stop anyone expressing that sentiment and I don't think anyone's been stopped from expressing it. There've been several outbreaks of Alex Jones style "deem trutherism" and that's where the bulk of the deletions and thread-bannings have been aimed at. If you'll agree that that stuff has no place ITT, then I think we're more or less on the same page.

Reactions: botc76 and Oysteren

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Yeah and I appreciate it exactly for that, but were is it stated that being someone who pirates shared content here means the providers and creators of said content are indebted to us?
If anything it should be the other way around.

And I'm not talking quality, because if a game sucks, you should warn others about it, if the game has a good story but shitty pictures or is so bug-riddled it won't work, by all means let everybody know.

You don't have to agree with me, but for me, if I don't even pay for something that isn't supposed to be free, I will give my opinion about quality of content or if it's readable or play-able, but I don't think I have the right or need to complain about delays or act like an entitled dick if something doesn't work out like the creator planned at first.

Maybe if it becomes a common theme, but not if it is a rare occurrence.
I like you, can I marry you and have children?

We need more people who understand what is going on and not be complete asshats about everything.

This thread is toxic.
It should be getting back on track soonᵀᴹ

This is all fine in theory. But remember that this discussion was sparked by a guy speculating that deem is lying and that several other participants ITT are possibly taking payments from deem to provide false corroboration for his lies. That's not "legitimate grievances" or "level-headed discussion" or anything like it.
Thank you

We will deal with those who cause issues as a whole to the community.

Oysteren

Sep 4, 2017
ARRRRRRGGGGG...

-Disclaimer- I am a patron for the game and started AFTER the PATREON take down -Disclaimer-

OK History time. (I HATE this)

If you want to see the beginnings of the issues do a search in thread for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I threw that out as an alternative to the MC Pills, as a JOKE. At the time the whole Patreon situation had just begun. During that time Deem was here and apologizing for his problems and explaining what was happening to get the game back to us.

Next there was a time when we had silence from Deem (just after the TP website started). Deem showed up and explained the Hacker issue so that we would know what was happening. That is when things started to get nasty the first time. Some people were making negative comments. Including a declaration that what Deem said happened could NEVER happen, EVER.

I and others accepted Deems explanations AND APOLOGEES. Others continued to question and the moderators here got involved.

For a time the Cookie theme took over and people (hopefully) had some laughs while we waited. Things were fun and the main disputes were about fun (sexy) uses of food and what were the best options (COOKIES). After a time there were some complaints about the food talk and that quieted down.

OK now we get to the present situation. Deem has gotten the game back on track and declares that there will be a release soon. It CAN be argued that the announcement was deceiving because he meant an EARLY test build, and not the finished ready for everyone build that most of us thought he was talking about. When the situation became clear to us all several posts began appearing that could generously be considered as VERY harsh criticism. This is when the Moderators shut down the thread (I honestly thank them and appreciate their effort to restore civility, so TY).

We now have the thread open for us. We have been getting some nice information. I am happy to hear that things should be ready soon (not sure how much longer but I am willing to wait). The sad thing is that instead of looking for information and excitement there has almost been a return to the behavior that got the thread locked.

Please people let's stop this. Let's have fun and not have nasty exchanges. We have a chance to get some sneak peeks and I think THAT is what we should focus on (and COOKIES). :)

Sorry for the rant, but I have memories of how much FUN this thread can be.

Just some thoughts and a plea.
I won't disagree with you. I thought the best solution would be an alternate thread, if there was to be a discussion about this. I suppose I could have made one, but I don't feel any real need to discuss it beyond my first statement.

I do apologize if my posts are seen as "directly insulting of dev or users", I just wanted to see people be given the opportunity to vent in a productive manner somewhere else.

PS: I didn't read all the shit that spewed before the mods closed the thread, but I agree that it was probably for the best at that point. Go go talking about all the fun stuff in wait. I prefer to wait in silence :p

Reactions: Lenor and botc76

Dasati

May 30, 2017
In an effort to get the thread somewhat back on topic. Pure speculation but what do you think the MC actually teaches? We get told at the start its your first day of teaching, but never told WHAT your teaching? Must be a decent subject as I remember some of my teachers being horrible. One guy could literally be used to put insomniacs to sleep.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I like this game, and I like Deem, and I am eager for a bug-free release and appreciate all the efforts to ensure that (hopefully) soon we'll be back to discussing Megan's boobs.

Kudram

Dec 26, 2017
@lapdragon is not entirely correct. Actually we have deem the community and me. As far as i am aware both me and deem have a patch for it. That will accidently be posted in discord and on here minute its released. Just a question of who posts it first.
I am not sure how actively Patreon monitors external sites. I wouldn't be posting publicly that the dev is actively working around Patreon's ToS at the very least. Obviously, it's the community that releases the terrible patch that turns that innocent Foreign Exchange Student into Daughter, not the person getting paid through Patreon...

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
In an effort to get the thread somewhat back on topic. Pure speculation but what do you think the MC actually teaches? We get told at the start its your first day of teaching, but never told WHAT your teaching? Must be a decent subject as I remember some of my teachers being horrible. One guy could literally be used to put insomniacs to sleep.
For some reason I concluded he was an English Literature teacher. Probably because of the scene where he blithely goes along with Megan's opinions on Emily Dickinson (do I have that right?). Also because Deem has "English Major" written all over him, in a good way!

Reactions: botc76 and CSNRC

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
I am not sure how actively Patreon monitors external sites. I wouldn't be posting publicly that the dev is actively working around Patreon's ToS at the very least. Obviously, it's the community that releases the terrible patch that turns that innocent Foreign Exchange Student into Daughter, not the person getting paid through Patreon...
One way to find out if Patreon does check :p

Reactions: botc76

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
I'm not claiming that any previous critique is legitimate. I am arguing the case that people should be given some forum to air their grievances. If you actually read what you quoted, you would see that I only claim that the PR was bad, not the damn delays. I'm saying that this PR fluke is part of the cause of this backlash, or at least the intensity of the backlash.

Saying that it could have been handled even worse doesn't alleviate the poor handling. Now, I'm done arguing that it was handled poorly, I just think that it could be helpful for any developer to be made aware of where their mistakes may lie. It was not in the delay, it was in the waffling before and during the delay.
The PR was simply factual.

Deem had to deal with both the Patreon surge and the hacking. While other sites were up in hours, deem's contact took about a week and demanded several changes to page and game.

The game was finished and reached (pre-)alpha stage at the end of december. The rewrites and recoding (e.g new map system) caused several gamebreaking bugs. We keep finding them and deem fixes them.

I tested previous (pre-)alpha versions (The ones that don't appear on F95/svscomics etc) and I've seen placeholders and rerenders because in the alpha stage it's mostly about the gameplay. People on F95 who read about it complained and said that this was new.

The people who complained didn't pay, I'm sure of that because there are multiple ways to reach deem that are more easy and efficient than complaining on a pirate forum.

Isn't f95zone a forum where people share pirated games and comics or am I missing something?
The fact that developers visit this site, and non-paying people shouldn't feel entitled to boo like a child when things don't go fast enough for them or the game doesn't go in the direction they wanted.

Oysteren

Sep 4, 2017
That original claim was probably just a smear-campaign by someone who is trying to take down the game. Deem would never work on such a patch!

Reactions: botc76 and Kudram

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
It probably took so long because Deem basically made a new game. =D
TP is the ONLY GAME irredeemable games currently has under development.

Practical Sex Education, with a hands on approach.

Reactions: botc76

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
I think he meant that Deem had to do so much recoding/rewriting and re-rendering that this "update" may as well be a new game.
True.

Future updates will probably also be easier because of the infrastructure added in this build.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Yeah Deem's cleaned up alot of the code from when he first started the game with no experience in renpy. I'm pretty confident once this extensive rework is done things should return to a more normal schedule.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes