Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
In an effort to get the thread somewhat back on topic. Pure speculation but what do you think the MC actually teaches? We get told at the start its your first day of teaching, but never told WHAT your teaching? Must be a decent subject as I remember some of my teachers being horrible. One guy could literally be used to put insomniacs to sleep.
My money would be on English Lit. Though Philosophy would be possible, that's not a subject that is taught in many schools.

I like this game, and I like Deem, and I am eager for a bug-free release and appreciate all the efforts to ensure that (hopefully) soon we'll be back to discussing Megan's boobs.
And there's so much to discuss about this and they are soooo good.

In fact, before I go to sleep right now, I'll start up the last version, load a save game and indulge myself in Meg's bosom and hopefully will dream about new content with here tonight. ;)

Dasati

May 30, 2017
My own personnel wish is for Deem to add a scene where your teaching sex ed. Think of the possibilities.

Reactions: botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I like you, can I marry you and have children?

We need more people who understand what is going on and not be complete asshats about everything.

IDK, are you a woman and preferably as stacked as Meg? Then by all means yes.

I might be tempted anyway, but then we would have to adopt. ;)

My own personnel wish is for Deem to add a scene where your teaching sex ed. Think of the possibilities.
Think of seeing the MC fired the minute the lesson ends. :)

Reactions: Zioner35

Falcon2000

Oct 30, 2017
Well I'd just like to say, I'm happy patiently awaiting Deem's work - He can take as long as he needs to make sure everything works right, and I'm not going to hold the fact that stuff happened last year outside of his control against him. I have faith that despite some of the de-motivation some people throw his way, he is working hard to produce something that he will be proud to release, and I'll be here waiting patiently when he's ready and when he decides it's ready. I appreciate his work for everyone - payer and player alike.
(And I pledged him, to balance out the scales just a tiny bit as well, after the shenanigans on here)

Reactions: Ishtal and Potato

xb

Nov 9, 2017
How about a simple question - How much new content can we expect from the update when it comes out? Just a rough estimate in minutes.

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
How about a simple question - How much new content can we expect from the update when it comes out? Just a rough estimate in minutes.
It requires a replay, so a good amount of playing time. A part of the new content is the new structure of the game.

Reactions: xb

Dasati

May 30, 2017
I think Deem also has a bit more to add on still, that'll be in the next alpha release.

Edit: Don't hold me to that mind, not had time to play the latest alpha build.

Meghan's Dad

Oct 10, 2017
Oooh! I got all excited when I saw the thread was no longer stuck on page 270 but had raced forward by 8 pages since I last checked yesterday. I'm sad that there is little new info around but like most of the pirates here I'm happy enough to wait for my next helping of free Meghan. That's 'free' in terms of cash and bugs - I can't imagine many things worse than finally getting inside Meghan's pants and then finding they are full of bugs!
A genuine question for any RenPy ninjas out there....is there a relatively simple tweak that would make it possible to name saved games? I can see that TP already automatically saves the date and time of saves but I'd like to be able to name them. e.g. 'morning before M's college visit' or 'morning before shower with D'. I know I could keep separate notes but this would be more convenient.
Finally, thanks to Deem and all his little pixie helpers for their continued hard work.

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
Oooh! I got all excited when I saw the thread was no longer stuck on page 270 but had raced forward by 8 pages since I last checked yesterday. I'm sad that there is little new info around but like most of the pirates here I'm happy enough to wait for my next helping of free Meghan. That's 'free' in terms of cash and bugs - I can't imagine many things worse than finally getting inside Meghan's pants and then finding they are full of bugs!
A genuine question for any RenPy ninjas out there....is there a relatively simple tweak that would make it possible to name saved games? I can see that TP already automatically saves the date and time of saves but I'd like to be able to name them. e.g. 'morning before M's college visit' or 'morning before shower with D'. I know I could keep separate notes but this would be more convenient.
Finally, thanks to Deem and all his little pixie helpers for their continued hard work.
I'm no Ren'py ninja, it's all a timey wimey wibbly wobbly thing to me.

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
Before we got shut down by negativity (and I was guilty of contributing to some of bickering and had a couple posts removed and received a warning for some of my responses to the trolls - for that I apologize to all of you), @Jmolle2 said he estimated it was at least an hour of all-new content. I figure @Potato is right on this though, and an hour is a very conservative estimate, especially when you consider the rewrite has included almost every aspect and scene of the game, so there will be new bits here and there throughout.

Reactions: Pantisocrat and xb

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Before we got shut down by negativity (and I was guilty of contributing to some of bickering and had a couple posts removed and received a warning for some of my responses to the trolls - for that I apologize to all of you), @Jmolle2 said he estimated it was at least an hour of all-new content. I figure @Potato is right on this though, and an hour is a very conservative estimate, especially when you consider the rewrite has included almost every aspect and scene of the game, so there will be new bits here and there throughout.
It also depends on how you play, frequently there's more than one dialogue option to choose from, so obviously someone who clicks each one then rolls back after reading will take a little longer to play the game than someone who just chooses one and sticks with it.

Reactions: Anon-e-Mouse

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
In an effort to get the thread somewhat back on topic. Pure speculation but what do you think the MC actually teaches? We get told at the start its your first day of teaching, but never told WHAT your teaching? Must be a decent subject as I remember some of my teachers being horrible. One guy could literally be used to put insomniacs to sleep.
A difficult question to answer. Well the classroom does NOT have the equipment needed for my preferred class, Cookie baking 101.

Hmm, possible classes to be taught:
1) A language teacher?? with special focus on the language of love??
2) Math. YAWN
3) English and literature. OK if I have to.
4) Pre-Med. Nope that's pushing things to far. :)
5) Music? rooms not right and no instruments.
6) Sex-Ed/Health? feels cliché and cheesy to me.
7) Philosophy? not sure it's taught much anymore.
8) Some sort of science? Would need to be one that doesn't need special equipment.
9) Definitely NOT computer stuff cause no computers in the room.
10) History? possible and would explain why Cheer Bitch always falls asleep. :)
11) I really need to stop all this listing stuff.

OK, after careful thought my vote goes for Global Domination 101, or something boring like English Lit. :)

Just some thoughts.

P.S. If Deem adds a swim team and MC becomes the coach should an extra time slot be added OR should the practices take the after school at home space (on 2-3 days)?? I'm torn because I don't want to many activity times, yet I don't want to give up on my showers with 'D'. :)

Dasati

May 30, 2017
@Shiva0067 To help keep your cookie baking dreams alive. Maybe the current classroom is to talk about the theoretical side of cookie baking. Recipes, techniques etc and later on we'll move to a classroom for practical work?

Reactions: Shiva0067

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
@Shiva0067 To help keep your cookie baking dreams alive. Maybe the current classroom is to talk about the theoretical side of cookie baking. Recipes, techniques etc and later on we'll move to a classroom for practical work?
if you don't have baking soda to make your cookies just use baking powder. just double the amount of baking powder you use to replace the soda.

UselessAcc

Jun 3, 2017
RECAP: NO SHILLING EDITION
Following the Patreon's incest-holodomor on 17th of October, the developer (a.k.a. Deem) has to remake some parts of the game. A rather small task, which most of the developers were able to accomplish within a few days. This delays the release by a month, despite him having a barely-off-the-ground-and-basic-VN. To avoid the Patreon police, Deem sets up an empty website that nobody needed, visited or gave a shit about in general, which wouldn't have worked anyway, since Patreon TOS doesn't allow you to link external sites that violate the TOS.

As the Patreon excuse was wearing thin a disaster strikes: around November 17th, the useless website is taken down by le ebin haxxor, whose signature only said Vladimir Putin, allegedly. This totally and completely true event delays the release by another month, despite there being many alternatives to an empty website. An angry mob starts gathering and Deem stops visiting f95zone, to prevent having his feelings hurt, but still having his pockets lined.

Early in December, the Deem makes a promise: "a release before the end of the year!", while many had hoped for a release on Christmas, the date quickly changes to "a release at the end of the year!". As an angry mob starts gathering again, the shills fill the thread with cookies-related bullshit, which was completely a-OK by the mods, as it totally wasn't spam/offtopic. The New Year's Eve comes, Deem asks for a few more days. The few more days pass, no release, the mob storms the Bastille, Deem's friends mods lock the thread, and clean it up.
It's January 10th and still no release, the shilling goes on.

But how much content is there, at the moment, can we speculate? Well, let's just say that if Deem had something in October, he'd release in October, if he had something in November, he'd release it in November, if he had something on New Year's, he'd release it on New Year's. As one shill said:
(..) @Jmolle2 said he estimated it was at least an hour of all-new content. I figure @Potato is right on this though, and an hour is a very conservative estimate, especially when you consider the rewrite has included almost every aspect and scene of the game, so there will be new bits here and there throughout.
So, realistically there is a half an hour of actual new content, of which 5 minutes is sexual (a handjob, probably), which was written in the last few days.
A great gem to behold:
It requires a replay, so a good amount of playing time. A part of the new content is the new structure of the game.
Now some of you fucking passive-aggressive (which is something I do not appreciate) trollz, haven't read the rules, which clearly state that you are not allow to call out scams that are run by our friends, especially when you're not even being scammed yourself. Consider yourself warned, as bans may follow.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Deem's friends mods lock the thread, and clean it up
[...]
Now some of you fucking passive-aggressive (which is something I do not appreciate) trollz, haven't read the rules, which clearly state that you are not allow to call out scams that are run by our friends, especially when you're not even being scammed yourself. Consider yourself warned, as bans may follow.
Just to be clear here, the only thing we care about is the rules being followed, mainly rule 1 - "Be respectful. Opinions are fine, attacks are not". You can bash him all you want, as long as it is 'constructive' or 'reasoned'.

I have seen accusations that irredeemable is staff here, that is not the case, nor does he hold any kind of position other than 'Game Developer', which anyone gets after creating a game. No staff members are involved with development, and whilst 1 or 2 are acquainted with him, that doesn't impact any of the staff decisions made here. You can take a look at other threads which have been treated almost exactly the same in the past (for instance; Second Happiness).

Threads which descend into shit shows with insults and attacks being thrown from all directions are sometimes temporarily locked; we do this to give everyone a breather and try and prevent constant shit-talking and arguments. People who are visiting an adult forum should be able to act like adults and articulate themselves appropriately, without throwing shit everywhere.

Nobody is going to be thread banned for voicing a thought out, constructive or reasoned opinion.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes