3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

cbgb

Oct 27, 2017
it should be called 1.699 than 1.99995
wrong naming.... so few changes and wasting 2 hours
keep waiting guys 1.99995 is pointless

shin_kudou

May 30, 2017
so, pills are off...that means you need to pay it nice with the girls to get some...wich means walkhtrough with pills has no use anymore...will wait untill full release to see if we get a walkhtrough cuz there is some things i can pull yet...the game seems grath do´

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hmm, "I'm D..." this feels like it is specifically calling out Dating my Daughter for changing the references of daughter in Dating my Daughter to 'D' since the Patreon rule changes. It's like Irredeemable wanted to let people know that he thinks Mr Dots (developer of Dating my Daughter) is lazy for just changing the references of daughter to 'D' rather than doing what Deem has done in completely changing the story to fit Patreon's new rules. This is just what I thought when I saw this, I'm probably wrong.
I think it was more just a nod to Dating My Daughter and not a dig at all. I don't think any dev would call out another popular dev like that.

griffor

Aug 14, 2016

Hmm, "I'm D..." this feels like it is specifically calling out Dating my Daughter for changing the references of daughter in Dating my Daughter to 'D' since the Patreon rule changes. It's like Irredeemable wanted to let people know that he thinks Mr Dots (developer of Dating my Daughter) is lazy for just changing the references of daughter to 'D' rather than doing what Deem has done in completely changing the story to fit Patreon's new rules. This is just what I thought when I saw this, I'm probably wrong.
why do more work than is required just because patreon wants to control aspects of people's creativity doesn't mean that everyone should bow down to them as overlords

Reactions: Zioner35 and waffel

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

Or... it's just funny?

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Haven't read the forums since the last time I posted but sometimes I hear what's being said second-hand, despite my efforts to avoid it.

As for the content issue last time I checked the game was nearly 40,000 words. The largest previous update was update 5, the line total for it was less than a thousand. Just in the new files alone (that is, stuff that's directly content related) 2.0 is already over 2000 lines. That does not include any of the new map code, or any of the hundreds of lines of rewriting both old code and dialogue. You're free to extract the scripts and compare if you'd like.

As for renders, there are 90-something in the most recent build, but there will be probably 150 total. Update 5 had about 100, but many of those I added later and there was very little animation in 5. Right now it's looking like 2.0 will have about 900 frames of brand new animation in 2 scenes that I think are much higher quality than anything I've done previously. That's not including recontextualized and rerendered animations

As for the fundamental changes, I have made every effort to be in full compliance with Patreon's community guidelines. The thing about that is, though, it's really only the superficial changes that I regret having to make. The more substantive changes, specifically the removal of MC, I think are good for the game. As I said on Patreon at the time, I thought writing the MC scenes was incredibly boring and I'm sure that showed. Gameplay-wise it was just a grind and it often lead to complete incoherence in the story and silly contrivances to try to make up for that fact.

On a completely unrelated note, I have made every effort to make the game mod-friendly, even more so than Renpy games are inevitably.

Well, I think that's a big enough wall of text for now. I hope you enjoy 2.0.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
I had hoped that I was reading too far into it. I kinda wished I just mentioned that it was a reference rather than being negative like I did. I had to ask it though being the intrigued person that I am :coldsweat:

Al Catz

Jun 20, 2017
Anyone else having issues when they click on the "Exchange Students" room and it doesn't change to that graphic ?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

There is no mod for it yet there are three people working on trying to get one done but will probably take awhile depending on what was changed and what is hard coded and some dialogue might need to be changed to make sense or some scenes might need to be removed to make sense hard to say I haven't played it yet as I'm waiting for the 2.0.

After playing it then I'll decide if I will stay or if I''ll be moving on it all depends on if D will be the real D or just FES with a name change.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
OK, I couldn't help but see there is some minor controversy stirring up so let me try to stamp out those coals right now. A couple of things: one, I have nothing against Mr. Dots, I've never spoken to him and don't know the first thing about him. I've only played the first two chapters of DMD and that was many months ago, so even you think I am trying to make some serious critical point(I'm not) feel free to dismiss it as coming from someone who is completely ignorant on the subject.

As for using the likeness.... come on. It's G3F with youth sliders and an easily identifiable haircut straight from the DAZ store.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Or... it's just funny?
LOL I haven't seen that scene yet in the alpha (going to wait for full polished release) but man that is funny. I know deem just said its not meant as a dig at DMD but how can you not just smile and have a good laugh about that.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes