Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Kualaboy

Aug 18, 2017
I got the same problem and I cleared it out by changing folder's name. "Teacher's Pets blah blah" -> just "Teacher's Pets"
I think the dash(-) in the folder's name was the problem.
And you are super right, changed the name and it opened right away. Thanks a lot

Jun 26, 2017
I released a patch file for that, don't know if it has made it here or not.
Thanks for being so responsive. As to mod friendliness, I think you did indeed intend that, but as far as modding it back to the original relationships, the dialog and sentence structure contain hard-coded words that do not lend themselves to simple variable substitution.

You may wish to consider the sentence structure of the dialogs OR make notes where you hard-coded the foreign-exchange student idea into the sentence. As it stands now, a 'translation' patch would be required to fully revert to the daughter idea. It's doable, but the problem is that RenPy translation files do exact text matching, so every time you modified a dialog line, the translation would break. Only someone with an extreme dedication and copious free time could consider taking on such a project long term.

In closing, it's your work, and you take it the way you need or want it to go - no apologies needed. I am just mentioning this in case your intent was to let modders change the relationships back. It's meant as constructive feedback to make sure your intents and efforts are in alignment. You don't owe us anything. :)

Reactions: symbol and Oysteren

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
so far the further you can go with Meghan is at your home and cupping a feel?
as for the D havent got past the point that she kicks you out the room when you wake her up

Reactions: buttfart68

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Thanks for being so responsive. As to mod friendliness, I think you did indeed intend that, but as far as modding it back to the original relationships, the dialog and sentence structure contain hard-coded words that do not lend themselves to simple variable substitution.

You may wish to consider the sentence structure of the dialogs OR make notes where you hard-coded the foreign-exchange student idea into the sentence. As it stands now, a 'translation' patch would be required to fully revert to the daughter idea. It's doable, but the problem is that RenPy translation files do exact text matching, so every time you modified a dialog line, the translation would break. Only someone with an extreme dedication and copious free time could consider taking on such a project long term.

In closing, it's your work, and you take it the way you need or want it to go - no apologies needed. I am just mentioning this in case your intent was to let modders change the relationships back. It's meant as constructive feedback to make sure your intents and efforts are in alignment. You don't owe us anything. :)
Any scene can be fully replaced, it doesn't even require a repack just use of config.label_overrides. If one were so inclined it wouldn't take much more than cut and pasting scenes from an older version. As I went back through her dialogue I found it far too awkward and restricting writing to preserve the viability of a simple name swap. As for the new dialogue I don't know how many lines she has but there can't be that many that would need changing.

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
Well, I just spent the last 1/2 hour reading through all of the most recent posts in this thread and would like to thank each and every one of you fine people for saving me a lot more time downloading and frustrating myself and my junk playing through this version :biggrin: I will patiently wait for the patch, 2.0, or whatever so I can get back to fapping. Have a pleasant day :cool:

hehexd123456

Dec 13, 2017
Game crashes right after I come home after the first day, will try to skip and see what happens.
Still excited tho, finally there is a map of the city. Can't wait sounds effects.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
hrm kaitlyn is fubared, i do the blackmail and she just says ugh what do you want now perv, then leaves wtf?? there is no prompt for anything else other than i don't want you doing these shenanigans.... so i guess kaitlyn path is fucked up.

Reactions: dvjke

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
well that sucks, i look through the pics and notice the only sex type scenes are dream scenes and the hj by the fexing daughter, oh or the bitchass wife that looks so fugly i think even her hand rejects her.

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
damn it's been a long time since i last saw this game on the "latest updates" let's try

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes