Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
So it's still possible to play, but nothing new will happen? No progress? Just the day after the same thing?
Version 2.06 has some content that wasn't in v 1.6. For v 2 you need the incest and blackmail patches to restore that content. Pills are removed.

The dev was obviously burning out earlier in the year and the beat down didn't help matters but he said on Discord recently that he needed a break and has resumed working on the game but made no promises when there will be a new release.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Version 2.06 has some content that wasn't in v 1.6. For v 2 you need the incest and blackmail patches to restore that content. Pills are removed.

The dev was obviously burning out earlier in the year and the beat down didn't help matters but he said on Discord recently that he needed a break and has resumed working on the game but made no promises when there will be a new release.
I really don't want to get into another fight with you so I'll keep it civil. Do you REALLY trust some dude who can't even tell his own supporters on Patreon that he stopped working and is 'continuing to work'? Once that money drains down to $400 or less what incentive does he have to continue working?

It's your money to burn in the end.

T

TMWSTW

I really don't want to get into another fight with you so I'll keep it civil. Do you REALLY trust some dude who can't even tell his own supporters on Patreon that he stopped working and is 'continuing to work'? Once that money drains down to $400 or less what incentive does he have to continue working?

It's your money to burn in the end.
I would ignore him.
He's either a a good troll or a Deem worshiper, either way engaging him will just encourage him.

Ren

Aug 21, 2016
The dev is putting himself in a bad spot, fraud is a very real thing. Devs really need to be on the ball when offering their reward tiers.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Well he's down to 462 patreons and $1860 a month. That's over $150 lost in a few days. And it's been two weeks since he said he is 'coming back'. Anybody holding onto hope that he's actually coming back after continuing to lose money and not posting on his patreon needs to question their life choices.

Reactions: User_166761

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
It's not just immoral and dishonest, it's also illegal to promise products and not deliver (And there's a difference between failing to deliver and taking the money and running). A case could easily be argued here. Not that the feds would care about a small timer like Deem, but this falls under false advertising.
Hate to say it - but you are very wrong here. A pledge on Patreon is a support for a CREATOR and not for a specific project. This is very clearly stated in the TOS and also a reason why Patreon has come down on several creators with a banhammer when all they did was making a single project and asking to support just that.

Reactions: cleanfeel
May 31, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking at the above picture, you will notice that he always promises "Access to ..." the game at each level. He never promises that the pledges will have a new game each month, but they will have access to said update. If there is no update, then there is no "Access" to be given. The only things pledges will definitely be given are:

$1: A big "thank you." No really.
$5: Vote on monthly high resolution pinup renders (here I will give you, he should be making monthly votes).
$10: Early access ... (Need i say more?)
$20: Complete walkthrough and cheat codes.
$40: Alpha tester status, access to the test-render Discord channel...

So, as you see, the only thing he promised and is technically negligent on is a vote on these monthly pinup renders (which he never promises to provide). So, legally, all he has to do is make a monthly vote.

All that aside ... have you ever had anyone try to persuade you to do something for them, citing a lawsuit if you do otherwise? And if you have, how willing were you to give your best when you performed said action? And how likely would you be to engage in future activity with that person?

If you really, truly, want Irredeemable back again making this Visual Novel, perhaps a different sort of approach might actually convince him to do it. Maybe if instead of flaming him and crying about it (which could make anyone say "fuck them, I'm done"), we could simply ask him to come back. If we can't do that, perhaps just closing our foaming, babbling, drooling mouths will do the trick.

Chgdcj57

Jul 9, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking at the above picture, you will notice that he always promises "Access to ..." the game at each level. He never promises that the pledges will have a new game each month, but they will have access to said update. If there is no update, then there is no "Access" to be given. The only things pledges will definitely be given are:

$1: A big "thank you." No really.
$5: Vote on monthly high resolution pinup renders (here I will give you, he should be making monthly votes).
$10: Early access ... (Need i say more?)
$20: Complete walkthrough and cheat codes.
$40: Alpha tester status, access to the test-render Discord channel...

So, as you see, the only thing he promised and is technically negligent on is a vote on these monthly pinup renders (which he never promises to provide). So, legally, all he has to do is make a monthly vote.

All that aside ... have you ever had anyone try to persuade you to do something for them, citing a lawsuit if you do otherwise? And if you have, how willing were you to give your best when you performed said action? And how likely would you be to engage in future activity with that person?

If you really, truly, want Irredeemable back again making this Visual Novel, perhaps a different sort of approach might actually convince him to do it. Maybe if instead of flaming him and crying about it (which could make anyone say "fuck them, I'm done"), we could simply ask him to come back. If we can't do that, perhaps just closing our foaming, babbling, drooling mouths will do the trick.
Why do you try to protect a dead game?

May 31, 2017
Why do you try to protect a dead game?
It's his decision either way. I'm just pointing out that bitching about it will not improve the chances of it coming back. If people just want to share their hurt feelings, like an anrgy ex, well ... isn't that what alcohol is for? This thread should just be locked until either the end of days (AI apocalypse) or he begins development of TP again.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Naw.. Mo Eisley serves better beer. And has hotter alien chicks.
I'm now content to just sit back and watch this train wreck of a thread crash and burn if Deem doesn't pull his head out of his ass. All he needs to do is say something like "Yeah I'm done" or release an update that has more pictures, words, and programming then the previous version. If he doesn't do either one and has chosen to disappear, then I'll just continue to watch this one burn.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes