Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

titit

Jul 27, 2017
Deem hasn't said anything specific, that I've seen at least, but I don't have the time to troll his discord and make a game myself. That said, I'll support him, spiritually, as I'd really like to see the game continued. Might even pledge again if he gets his shit together. We'll see.
Yep, I share your sentiment. Really would like to see the game finished, and would pledge again if he gets his shit together and to show his commitment towards the project.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
But Deem ISN'T responsible for people who CHOSE to continue to support him on Patreon when he went MIA. Patreon is actually very clear on patron/creator relations. It's the patrons responsibility to hold the creator liable for whatever promises they make. If the creator is not delivering, it's up to the patron to remove support. Patreon isn't going to do it for you and the creator damn sure isn't going to do it themselves.

You can be mad at Deem for being shady, sure. But you can't be mad at Deem because people are idiots and continued to pay him over nothing. From that angle, I ain't even mad at Deem. Let me make another Patreon page and start a ren'py game then drop it and rake in free money. Don't knock the hustle, don't hate the player, don't hate the game. Don't hate in general, participate. Ren'py game coming soon. Give me your monies! x'Dx'D:coldsweat:

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
That's just Patreon washing their hands of responsibility for anything that their users do.
I also kind of find it funny to see someone who has a Patreon so vehemently defending immoral behavior and scamming. I wonder why you only have 15 patrons....
I only have 15 patrons because I'm making an RPGM game, which tends to get a lot of hate. I'm a new dev, whom tend to have unfinished projects. And this is my first game, which is untested in terms of quality. If I had made a ren'py game, I'd probably have 100's of patrons already despite this, but I chose RPG maker instead. It's the nature of the beast but I'm not mad, I'm happy I have the support I do. I'm also probably the most transparent developer on Patreon.

I'm not defending immoral behavior. I've never said I agree with what Deem did/is doing. I'm simply advocating for personal accountability, which people seem to seriously lack.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah.. we gotta get off this topic. But I will clarify one point.
Those Patrons control their money and can cancel any time.
Once things went bad in January/February and people asked him to respond, he didn't. Shame on Deem for that. Then some patrons waited a month or more and many did not cancel their accounts. Shame on them.

Remember this = Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Honestly, how anybody can relativize such behaviour by blaming the patrons is beyond me.
It's completely irrelevant that everybody is responsible for their own money (which of course is true).
We don't know what reasons the remaining patrons have for still donating to him. What we do know is that he takes money for doing nothing. He could stop/suspend the donations with one fucking click, yet he chose to deliberately exploit the hope some apparently still have. That's just despicable.

ailemma

Oct 10, 2017
Honestly, how anybody can relativize such behaviour by blaming the patrons is beyond me.
It's completely irrelevant that everybody is responsible for their own money (which of course is true).
We don't know what reasons the remaining patrons have for still donating to him. What we do know is that he takes money for doing nothing. He could stop/suspend the donations with one fucking click, yet he chose to deliberately exploit the hope some apparently still have. That's just despicable.
Hope is for the weak.

Reactions: jackkane

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
He could stop/suspend the donations with one fucking click, yet he chose to deliberately exploit the hope some apparently still have. That's just despicable.
That is truth, and it speaks a lot about him as person and his "qualities", but on the other hand it's not that he somehow "prevented" people from withdrawing their pledges and force them to continue giving him money for doing nothing. It's their free will and it speaks about them. At the end (with all due respcect), that's what sheeps are for. It is not hard to stop pledge and to keep follow page to see if "hope" will became reality.

Reactions: Carmen Sandiego

Codrussor

May 30, 2017
Yes, it's despicable. No one is denying that, no one is trying to relativize Deem's behaviour. But any person with two brain cells in their head would continue to take money from people when they are stupid enough to just keep paying you. What can you do about it? The only thing you can do, is punish Deem by cancelling your Patreon subscription, which is coincidentally also the thing the people should have done 4 months ago.

Reactions: muttdoggy
T

TMWSTW

Yes, it's despicable. No one is denying that, no one is trying to relativize Deem's behaviour. But any person with two brain cells in their head would continue to take money from people when they are stupid enough to just keep paying you. What can you do about it? The only thing you can do, is punish Deem by cancelling your Patreon subscription, which is coincidentally also the thing the people should have done 4 months ago.
Anyone who is immoral and dishonest, sure.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Anyone who is immoral and dishonest, sure.
It's not just immoral and dishonest, it's also illegal to promise products and not deliver (And there's a difference between failing to deliver and taking the money and running). A case could easily be argued here. Not that the feds would care about a small timer like Deem, but this falls under false advertising.

Reactions: johnnylaw

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
It's not just immoral and dishonest, it's also illegal to promise products and not deliver (And there's a difference between failing to deliver and taking the money and running). A case could easily be argued here. Not that the feds would care about a small timer like Deem, but this falls under false advertising.
It's also illegal to make such an accusation in most countries.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Jeez... Patreon is not a store. Creator can say whatever he wants and he's not meant to deliver you anything on monthly or even a yearly basis. That's a crowdfunding service in which you support some idea to see a final outcome. Erotic devs changed it to monthly release - monthly payment machine but it has nothing to do with law or real market.

Reactions: xןʞ

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
I'll be frank. I was a patron. I stopped my contributions...today

Because I literally do not keep up with the stuff (and I'm thinking "what's $5 a month?")

Let me make this 100% clear: This isn't on deem, that's on me for not paying attention. And I've supported devs for games I really liked, only for those games to be abandoned and no word from the dev. So it's not like I was unaware of it happening. This is my fault for not taking action sooner.

Is it crappy for a dev to stop making content with no word? Sure, but I have to take accountability too. Look, there are two kinds of patrons who are still giving him money, those who are knowingly getting nothing, and those like me that didn't even notice. Both deserve to lose their money for not keeping up to tabs on it

Randeza

May 16, 2018
I would say the best games going right now would be Melody (which has a father figure younger teenager relationship) and Milfy City (which has the animations and rpg feel). Milfy City recently updated too. TONS of content.
You got more games to recommend?

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
You got more games to recommend?
Art with Clara is an underrated game I don't see enough of on here. You play as a graduating senior with an art tutor (who has a boyfriend) and she slowly starts to fall for you. The game has just those 2 characters and involves a lot of texting and sexting. It's only 2ish hours of play and uses older Daz models, but the game is finished and the slow build-up to the end is really worth it.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes