VN Ren'Py Tears in Rain [Prologue Reworked] [Ethereal Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Not bad, a lot of Max Payne references (as already mentioned) which I recognized. Can get a bit wordy though, as a lot of conversations feel unnecessarily drawn out that it kind of dragged. A lot of names thrown about that we as the player have no idea who they are, so it's hard to care/understand who is who or even who they are to the MC and the overall story.

Renders are very nice though and the writing is still good. Kind of curious how the Order and Chaos choices are going to go, and hope we aren't locked into one path based on one choice we made. Hopefully we can mix and match our choices depending on the situation.

But yeah, not bad at all. Seems to have a kind of futuristic setting, which is neat. Curious how this is going to play out. Best of luck with your project and thanks. ;)

Reactions: botc76

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
This is Sci-fi right ? Like the pics but how is this different than the numerous other gangster related VN?
It's not anime mafia like many mafia vn before?
I feel like if we remove gangster, man(little boy) returns home to family and college related games this site would cease to exist.
I mean..... if you use that logic, 99.99% of VN are the same because there are like 3-4 popular tropes. Beta to alpha, horny teen against the world, I'm a cuck mc, I was poor but somehow I'm rich, etc.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
The developer shows his concern by adding an extra click to save the game, how nice of him.
Oh my, what a disaster.
The content in the demo is already bloated with useless and tedious text and on top of that there are pauses before displaying the text, yeah, not annoying at all...
Okayyyyyyy useless and tedious text..... that we could work on. But pauses before displaying the text? How about 5 sec pause and unskippable?

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Psychedelic

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Is there any future tags this might have that are not mentioned ?
Just dont want to get into something that shows promise then messes it up by throwing a curve ball later

Reactions: battali0n

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
From the gulag into a handhold-y romance dev! Shame on you, Psy! :ROFLMAO:

Eager to see where this goes and will try it later on. I won't get any of the Payne references so it will be nice to see how it stands up without knowing that.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Psychedelic

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
Looks good. But, how many times are we dragged in by some good looking renders on the OP? I'll watch this one with interest. I hope the delivery matches the hype because first look definitely has potential. Give it a few more updates and see where the development goes and what the dev cycle looks like.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Hard to tell from what I have seen so far, but I get the impression dev may be using the same or very similar models for the LIs(?) If so, might be hard to tell them apart once we see some interacting in future chapters.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes