BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Rating each creature in the latest developer post based on the boopability of their snoots:

A faceless horror of the deep, who traded his eyes to forever know the glories of R'yleh. He's got a completely flat, ordinary shaped head, and quite a large mouth: extending a digit to boop something might just see it getting lopped off depending on where you reach...
The female Caenemung I recall being kind of a dick at first, but willing to come around. I don't want to stereotype, so I'm not ruling out the possibility of this specimen being more polite, and conducive to physical contact.

2/10, there's just not much a snoot to boop. Chin scritches aren't necessarily out of the question, however, depending on how well-behaved he is.

A gremlin, through and through. Just look at this little fella's gremlin face: I can already picture him trying to peddle me some of his (probably stolen) wares in an over-the-top Bostonian accent, haggling over every single item I try and buy. The protruding (scritchable) chin is really what sells this to me.
The head structure isn't very conducive to booping antics, especially with those exposed vampire teeth, but you can work with that ridge formed from the indent between his eye sockets and above his upper lip; maybe call it an anti-snoot and go from there? He'll probably try and charge you for the attempt, though; something about "'Ey, I got a reputation 'ere!".

3/10. Again, there just isn't really much of a snoot to boop, but I'm adding a point because there's better opportunity for improvisation.

A fun design, for sure. The contrast betwen the pale flesh (right away reminiscent to me to a Braq, a creature that itself is quite boopable) and the brilliant vermilion... fur? fabric? hair? grass? woven souls of the damned? covering the topside of its head and apparently reaching down to give it some fabulous hair.
But I'm getting sidetracked; we're here for snoots, not artistic critique. This is the first of the creatures that actually has a defined snout, which obviously means it can (and should) be booped. The size difference is more up to taste, given that the core idea behind snoot boops is the lack of extertion for the booper (you're really gonna have to stretch your arm to make it work), but I'm for it. I can imagine it letting you boop its snoot, huffing on your face in approval, and then continuing to expound upon Muscular Christianity.

7/10. You've got some snoot, which even comes with a different coating from the rest of its body. The lack of a defined kot/pupper nose is the biggest mark against it.

I want to pick it up. I am going to pick it up. You cannot stop me.
Even as the rough sketch that it is, it's totally adorable. Granted, it doesn't seem to have a snout -- that looks like more a beak sitting between those big teal orbs -- but, like, just look at its pose, that little smile, its wormy 'lil body! It probably even does a little laugh/cackle when you lift it up off the ground; it's just got that vibe to it. By and away the most conducive to booping shenangians.

8/10. I am already squee'ing in delight at the prospect of touching it, even if it's held back by not having a proper snout.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Since despair is seemingly setting in: I'm still working on it.

View attachment 3653182
This is a badly cropped pic of male of caenemung's kind in an underwater environment. It's all messy and smudgy because it's not done.

I don't know what to tell ya people, it really do take a lot of work to make the game. I'm probably incompetent and inefficient on a lot of areas of the development but I'm still working on it. I wish other people made games like mine.

I genuinely planned on making a blogpost about the current state of dev on april again, but I wanted to include a huge pile character head shots to illustrate the breadth of the content and I didn't yet have many sprites entirely done, so I stumbled and fumbled past the date because I needed to do other things and my personal life got busy, etc. Currently I'm working on the new character sprites so I can do a lavish blog post and get some art done.

Here's another one, (PC sketch for size, also note the new background for tavern interactions.)
View attachment 3653190

Here's a third, again, note the smudgy unfinished nature of the sprite.
View attachment 3653219

Have even a fourth one, in this one the PC has crammed himself into a tiny round clay house with a tiny lady, the hole in the ceiling being the door the lady specifically enlarged to get PC inside her dwelling.
View attachment 3653245
Note it entirely lacks detail, because it's not finished.

Let's have a fifth one to give more context.
View attachment 3653251

Anyway, the Unity port of the game is code wise done (for multiple months now) and I'm writing and drawing up the loose ends for the content. I've been working on TU this entire time but making predictions or marketing is a thing I don't really jive with. I'm glad people are so passionate about the game to be honest.
Glad to see some art. Shame that you havent been posting to your site in awhile, as I think along with everyone here love it. But honestly rather you work on art for the game rather then pinups. Any chance any of the new characters will have similar vines to

Reactions: TheFreakyOne
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes