DaisyChained

Feb 3, 2019
I see a lot of people defending the extremely long update time. It ranges from it's a passion project, but if it really is one there's not much passion at least compared to his request streams, to he's working on it. Guys no game should take 3 years to update, at that point it's either abandoned, forgotten or the dev is making an entire brand new game. I'd love to see more updates but sadly the creator isn't really that invested, he's more focused on art requests and streaming I mean he does it almost daily. So don't hold out for hope that if we get an update it'll be anything huge and don't take as it'll now get update frequently, it won't the game isn't a priority and most likely won't ever be

It takes a special kind of person to complain about someone and how they spend their time on their hobbies.

Ano85

May 21, 2018
In a way, MD is making a "new" teraurge game
Yes, you are right. And not just because of the Unity port. Entire systems in the game have been redesigned and new ones are being added. Stat system, overworld travel, combat, dialogue, dialogue checks, "travel within a settlement" so far have been changed.

V1 and V2 had quite a few things MD wasn't happy about. Just think about the existence of the perception stat that has been crossed out in V2. He also hated the overworld travel.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I see a lot of people defending the extremely long update time. It ranges from it's a passion project, but if it really is one there's not much passion at least compared to his request streams, to he's working on it. Guys no game should take 3 years to update, at that point it's either abandoned, forgotten or the dev is making an entire brand new game. I'd love to see more updates but sadly the creator isn't really that invested, he's more focused on art requests and streaming I mean he does it almost daily. So don't hold out for hope that if we get an update it'll be anything huge and don't take as it'll now get update frequently, it won't the game isn't a priority and most likely won't ever be
I'll never understand this kind of mentality. Imagine coming home from work and being hounded by entitled anons to make more free shit for them like you owe them something.

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
It takes a special kind of person to complain about someone and how they spend their time on their hobbies.
Who said I was complaining? Not me, I've measly stated the facts surrounding the project. Also you got 2 things wrong this isn't a hobby, it's his job. He does artwork, commissions, livestreams and collects payment from it and in a hobby it's something personal you don't collect money. Also complaining isn't the same a criticism, there's a lot of things wrong surrounding the game such as lack of updates, lack of communication, lack of tangible work meaning something the public can actually play and so on.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Who said I was complaining? Not me, I've measly stated the facts surrounding the project. Also you got 2 things wrong this isn't a hobby, it's his job. He does artwork, commissions, livestreams and collects payment from it and in a hobby it's something personal you don't collect money. Also complaining isn't the same a criticism, there's a lot of things wrong surrounding the game such as lack of updates, lack of communication, lack of tangible work meaning something the public can actually play and so on.
If he's doing commissions, then Teraurge definitely isn't his job. Just because he's getting paid for art and art streams, doesn't mean he has to specifically work on Teraurge. Fact of the matter is, Teraurge is something he's working on for free on top of doing art.
I've measly stated the facts surrounding the project.
Okay, so what's the source on:
Guys no game should take 3 years to update, at that point it's either abandoned, forgotten or the dev is making an entire brand new game.

Jan 28, 2020
If he's doing commissions, then Teraurge definitely isn't his job. Just because he's getting paid for art and art streams, doesn't mean he has to specifically work on Teraurge. Fact of the matter is, Teraurge is something he's working on for free on top of doing art.
Wasn't it mentioned that he does have a full-time job, though?

• Angry
Reactions: Dushar67

Ano85

May 21, 2018
Wasn't it mentioned that he does have a full-time job, though?
He does. He's also not taking commissions. He does "request streams" where you can ask him to draw a thing and he might or might not do it, regardless if you are a patron or not.

I'm not sure what the goal of the anons venting here is. If you really want some good xeno art to fill the void just jump in on a request stream and ask for something.
Hugs? Handholding? Memes? Fluffy Tornoth? You want it? It's yours my friend...

Meandraco

Apr 13, 2018
Jeez, I'm working on it. Once done, the game will be free and available for everyone like always. I don't know how I'm supposed to please you, should I just stop working on my hobby project because you're displeased how fast it's progressing? I do weekly two hour streams, definitely not daily streams, even thought that sounds kinda neat. I don't generally do commissions but I sometimes take them from friends but I can barely find the time to work on even those.

To be honest all I'm hearing is an audience who really liked the game and desperately want more, and the frustration that comes from the fact they can't get more sometimes turns into anger. I would love to work more and faster on the game but I'm just a dude with a hobby project. Like many people I can't control my personal life and it often restricts the amount of time I can spend on the game.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Please just ignore the anons, Meandraco. They rove across every thread on this site in order to whine and complain whenever a game isn't exactly what they're looking for or isn't updating on the schedule they say it should have.

They're probably the exact same people, for example, who go into every single thread about a gay game and complain about it not having straight content.

In short, their opinion is worthless and should be ignored.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I'd be lying if I said I wan't also a fair bit frustrated V3 isn't a thing yet too. Still, Meandraco's not being paid to develop the game so it's not really fair to call it his job either.

And before anyone brings up Patreon as a counterpoint as I'm sure someone will, that's Patreon (for one) and that's not even specifically just for the game anyways (number two), it's for poll voting and posts visibility if anything.

gringagronga

May 20, 2020
Jeez, I'm working on it. Once done, the game will be free and available for everyone like always. I don't know how I'm supposed to please you, should I just stop working on my hobby project because you're displeased how fast it's progressing? I do weekly two hour streams, definitely not daily streams, even thought that sounds kinda neat. I don't generally do commissions but I sometimes take them from friends but I can barely find the time to work on even those.

To be honest all I'm hearing is an audience who really liked the game and desperately want more, and the frustration that comes from the fact they can't get more sometimes turns into anger. I would love to work more and faster on the game but I'm just a dude with a hobby project. Like many people I can't control my personal life and it often restricts the amount of time I can spend on the game.
Work on the game how and as fast as you want. It's just a vocal minority that seems to keep shitting up these threads considering that the majority of these pages have been nothing but praise and excitement for the game.

I know that it's been a long time since the last version but keep doing what your doing, like you said it's a hobby not a job so don't worry about appeasing the few when the majority of people are fine with it.

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
Please just ignore the anons, Meandraco. They rove across every thread on this site in order to whine and complain whenever a game isn't exactly what they're looking for or isn't updating on the schedule they say it should have.

They're probably the exact same people, for example, who go into every single thread about a gay game and complain about it not having straight content.

In short, their opinion is worthless and should be ignored.
I agree with the first statement. But i think the second is actually the other way around. Meaning ppl coming into straight games and asking for gay options much more.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Yeah and you can also see a lot of comments about gay options in a straight harem games just popping out of nowhere. And also let's not forget all that ntr and incest fanatics and haters.

I didn't check the exact numbers, but i do believe there are less exclusively gay games on this site. Maybe that's why you are paying more attention to them.
By "gay options", are you referring to people asking for m/m pairings or f/f? Because the latter are usually the same straight guys annoying us in the gay game threads.

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
Any of them have 39 like reactions?

Edit: I'm glad you brought up the fact that there's a lot less gay games. That's exactly why it's unwelcomed to see these sort of comments. There's no shortage of straight content. Also, let's not talk about NTR. It always devolves into an argument about what NTR means and people refusing to accept the definition that this site uses.
Haha no, i doubt it. But if there are really 39 likes and more in every gay thread on that type of comments, then there is literally something wrong with these people. Why would they even browse through that kind of games lol.

But on the other hand a lot of devs adding gay content to their games, even if the game had nothing in it initially and it's kind of ok for a lot of players. So maybe they are hoping for something else there too. But then again i see that gay themed games playerbase can't welcome that in their games which is actually hypocritical. But that is really a problem of so low quantity of gay games.

That's why i advocate for a less diverse thematics in games. But a lot more focus on the main theme. In my opinion it is always a better quality product in the end.

By "gay options", are you referring to people asking for m/m pairings or f/f? Because the latter are usually the same straight guys annoying us in the gay game threads.
I'm not playing any gay games, so i can't say for sure but do they really have a lot of female characters for f/f pairings in it? I mean of course if it's not a lesbian themed game in the first place.

But to answer your question, i did refer to people asking for m/m.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ferghus
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes